AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-10, 17:20   Link #41
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hills and such...
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to ziphra
well, all characters are pretty neat in Naruto...so I've no biased AGAINST THEM. However my two favorites would have to be...

Neji: man, this kid. One crazy badass mutha [shut your mouth!] This guy is an emotionless walking genius ninja. First of all, to be able to use two advanced techniques from his Bloodline at HIS AGE, good stuff. Personally though, I like him because he changed...and accepted the change nicely. [Damn you Naruto, why do you have to be so PERSUASIVE?]

Hinata: two sides of the same coin i guess? Hinata...shy girl with some potential. Hell, she's pretty cute too. So bleh...who cares if she got beat up by Neji? She held her own, and did pretty damn well for not knowing that Neji could basically stop her attacks with the flow of chakra in his body yea?

Byakugan lover? its the white eyes....those sexy...white...eyes.
*drools at pictures of Hinata's white eyes*
ziphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 19:08   Link #42
vitalice
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
These are the best characters in Naruto, if you disagree with me you are wrong.

Zabuza: This guy just kicks ass. First of all he has that cool huge sword thats about 3/4 his size, which gains enough respect from me already but there's more. He wraps his face in bandages like a badass, a true ninja, he's cool to the bitter bone and the bad guy you always dreamed of.

Even his first entrance surprises me when he flys in with his huge sword (unfortunatly not slicing sakura's head off while doing it) and the "need to be strong" backround track plays, at that point you know someone's arse is going to get kicked. I'm glad he fought kakashi, it made an awesome battle need more character like in Zabuza in Naruto, Trust me!

I'm glad he died(I know it sounds wierd saying he should die just after I have praised him) but he was becoming a good guy near the end of that kakashi battle and showing emotions(which is not a good thing). I mean Zabuza kills a bunch of ninja when he was about five for no reason when HE wasn't even a ninja(which I think is awesome by the way) , murders a bunch of guys with a dagger in his mouth and then suddenly becomes good? doesn't makes sense does it? Better off dead than a Naruto version of piccolo.

Kakashi: His eyes just do it, look at his eyes and they just scream " I don't care, I can kick your ass". He's carefree yet kick ass when the time is right. You have to repect this character no matter what. But I am shocked Itachi beat him, he is the worse person to beat kakashi, some stupid punkass with a dress.

Worse characters ever and I mean WORST!

Haku: This character made me sick, he was too nice to be a bad guy, Hell he's even too nice to be a good guy. But the thing I hated the most is the fact that he looked like a girl, I MEAN WHAT WERE THE DRAWERS ON WHEN THEY DREW HIM. He even had a voice of a girl, I was confused for about 2 episodes by this. I hope no one made any Haku Hentai.

Orochimaru: This guy could get some lessons for zabuza about being a bad ass cause this guy just sucks balls. He's the thirds best student then suddenly becomes evil. If you want to be really evil do something like zabuza did like take out an academy of ninjas, don't be a goodie two shoes then suddenly become crazy lunatic. Besides his white pale face, long hair and croaky voice annoy me. Glad his arms are broken, won't see him for a while now

Itachi's Partner: I forgot his name but he sucks. He resembles a shark. His weapon is big but stupid. It's a shaving sword? what? yes a sword that shaves, what the heck's the point?, it like having a wind-up gun, it's not as good as a real gun with a trigger, just like having a shaving sword is crap. I mean with a sharp sword you can slash and stab, with a shaving sword you can only scrape their skin off, not cut off an arm or something cool like that.

Sakura: Typical, a girl ninja that spends more time on her hair than training. The fact is she'd be dead if Naruto didn't love her.
vitalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 20:28   Link #43
Last of the Uchiha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 32
[QUOTE=vitalice]

Itachi's Partner: I forgot his name but he sucks. He resembles a shark. His weapon is big but stupid. It's a shaving sword? what? yes a sword that shaves, what the heck's the point?, it like having a wind-up gun, it's not as good as a real gun with a trigger, just like having a shaving sword is crap. I mean with a sharp sword you can slash and stab, with a shaving sword you can only scrape their skin off, not cut off an arm or something cool like that.

QUOTE]


Itachi partner is Kisame and his swords rocks. He has a better sword than Zabuza which only cut minor thing. I mean Samahade eats chakra and can rip you to pieces. Zabuza's sword can kill you instantly while Kisame's sword can do the same and make you suffer bit by bit.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 20:31   Link #44
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hills and such...
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to ziphra
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalice
Haku: This character made me sick, he was too nice to be a bad guy, Hell he's even too nice to be a good guy. But the thing I hated the most is the fact that he looked like a girl, I MEAN WHAT WERE THE DRAWERS ON WHEN THEY DREW HIM. He even had a voice of a girl, I was confused for about 2 episodes by this. I hope no one made any Haku Hentai.

HAHA! NO! Don't make fun of Haku! personally I think the guy rocked. I mean, come on! Demon Ice Mirrors, hands down a great technique. And what is one aspect of being a ninja? Deception! Haku coulda lured anyone in with his "sexy beauty" and POW, you're gone mister!

and isn't Naruto's seiyuu a girl? or maybe not, i think im crazy.
ziphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 21:33   Link #45
HoboGod
Necromancer
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cardboard Box
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Not up on my ebonics/street lingo but doesn't shorties mean kids?
I have learned the basics in this paticular jive talk, and i believe "shorties" refer to ciggarettes.... but i could be wrong. ^_^

------

anyway, my favorites are:

Gaara: sociopaths are fucking awsome. at first when I saw gaara killing, i said "HELL YES! don't spoil this random killing with reasoning," but then when gaara said his reason for random killing, i was so happy.... it was so psychotic and demented that gaara instantly became my idol.

Itachi: killed his family as a measuring stick of his ability.... what's not to like?

Kyuubified Naruto: normally, naruto is a pansy-ass fag who cries his sissy eyes out when something in life is "sad." somebody needs to smack that kid around. but when he goes berserk with kyuubi, he is like gohan from dbz when he just about had enough and is gunna beat the shit out of you until you die. ah, that is always a good expression on his face.

Shikamaru this guy reminds me of myself. no real cares, doesn't mind wasting time on little things. doesn't get impatient often when things take a while. enjoys long, open-ended games.

my least favorites are:

naruto: little punk ass shit needs to stop compaining about how cruel life is and changing potential monsters into functioning members of society. who is he gunna make have a change of heart next? Orochimaru? Itachi? just shut up and kill people. >_<

lee: that bastard just gets on my nerves. hard work blows! enthusiasm blows! I hope he chokes to death on his own high spirits.

Ikura-sensei: weak little bitch pretends to be so goddamn tough. oh, sure, compared to ninja academy students, i'm sure he is baddass. but he got his ass kicked by another chuunin who then got his ass handed to him by a would-be genin. he should be thrown out of the village!!! okay, maybe i didn't have all this antipathy toward him before naruto pointed out that he would be a sociopathic murderer like gaara if ikura wasn't around, but that reason alone is enough to throw ikura out of the leaf village!!!
__________________

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 00:59   Link #46
mj-jumpsoffbuildings
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
lee: that bastard just gets on my nerves. hard work blows! enthusiasm blows! I hope he chokes to death on his own high spirits.
Fool...it is those very qualities that makes him so damn cool.

Rock Lee is the best, and his Taijutsu rocks. I mean, how can you not respect a ninja who still trains till he passes out even after losing the use of an arm and a leg?
__________________
mj-jumpsoffbuildings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 03:45   Link #47
HoboGod
Necromancer
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cardboard Box
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj-jumpsoffbuildings
Fool...it is those very qualities that makes him so damn cool.

Rock Lee is the best, and his Taijutsu rocks. I mean, how can you not respect a ninja who still trains till he passes out even after losing the use of an arm and a leg?
his work ethics makes me sick. i'm lazy and undermotivated. i like to sleep in late and move as little as possible. people like lee make me look bad because they are trying harder. even when i beat people like him in some sort of contest, I LOOK LIKE THE BAD GUY. they always empathize with the guy who worked hard and failed. perhaps i'm allittle "bitter," but working hard isn't how you get everything in life. those who work hard only get what they are worth. those who strategize are the ones who excel beyond their limits. I DESERVE MORE CREDIT. >_<
__________________

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 06:35   Link #48
Raging Youma
Kossapo Open Skill
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: I Dont Know. Where Am I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
people like lee make me look bad because they are trying harder. even when i beat people like him in some sort of contest, I LOOK LIKE THE BAD GUY. they always empathize with the guy who worked hard and failed.
dnt you ever believe in yourself? im actually like you, very very lazy, like to sleep very late like 2-4 AM, and also move as little as possible. but personally, i dnt really care if that person is a hardworker or a genius. just let him do his thing, and ill do mine. its just as simple as that. i dnt feel bad about it, coz otherwise, it'll only make me look like a loser.

and if you beat them in a contest, and people empathize with them, SO WHAT?!?! , isnt it just natural for people to empathize with the loser? and i dnt think its because they worked hard but still failed.

look, the only thing that matters to me is even if theyre hard worker/genius, as long as they dnt brag about it, then theyre ok for me. and rock lee just happens to be a person who doesnt brag about it. so yeah i like him, he's cool.
Raging Youma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 08:12   Link #49
fieryshadowcard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Okay, this is how this is gonna work. I'm gonna list the people I like first, the people I dislike second, those who are neutral to me, and those people who have either crossed over from my likes to dislikes, vice versa, or stepped out of the gray area. Switchers won't be mentioned in any of the other groups.

First up on the likes:

Temari- sexy badass, and she bows to no man. She doesn't like something? That fan takes care of it. She is the strongest female genin we've seen so far. Then again, she had better be; after all, she's what? Three years older than everyone else? Another good thing about her? She may have been attracted to Sasuke, but she's by no means a Sasuke idiot. She seems like she's into less self-absorbed bastards anyway, which brings me to my second favorite...

Shikamaru- doesn't give a damn, calm, a genius, knows what he wants in life, and if anyone disagrees with it, they can kiss his ass. He truly shines in the fight against Temari, also when he holds eight Sound ninja even though he's planning on dying, and when he's Chuunin squad leader. I'm hoping the current manga arc ends soon so I can see more possibilities for TemaShika (did you really think it would be ShikaTema?). He's just a down-to-earth, all-around cool guy.

Kiba- I played the Gamecube fighting game before watching the series, and this was the guy I picked. When I finally saw the show, I was just amazed by his voice acting. He's got one of the coolest voices in the series, and even though he lost to Naruto, he shined in that fight. Simply put; he's the man. Three words: "Dynamic Air Marking!" If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will.

Hinata- I don't know... it's just her voice. Plus, you really see the character growth in her after her fight with Neji. I don't have too much to say about her, because I can't put my finger on why I like her so much. That's not to say that it's impractical; I just can't put it into words. She won't be the only one I struggle with.

Sakura- She's 12. Give her a break. Not a lot of self-esteem, her best friend was an asshole in disguise (a lot of people seem to think she betrayed Ino; watch the flashbacks again, and you'll see Ino wasn't as good a friend as she seemed; she wasn't really all too happy for Sakura most of the time), and even though she isn't too strong, she's got guts. She was willing to defend Sasuke, Naruto, and Rock Lee to the death. She may be a fangirl, but she's not an incoherent, drooling fangirl. In fact, her love for Sasuke is certainly more mature than most people her age. She seems like an adult trapped in an hormonally imbalanced girl's body. Plus, how can you not like Inner Sakura? "Hell Yeah!" is her anthem!

Shino- Bad ass. Bugs. Not much to say about him because not much is revealed about him. Reminds me of Auron. 'Nuff said. In fact, I wonder if FFX got their character design from him since Naruto existed before FFX if I recall. But he certainly pulls through when he is needed.

Naruto- Number one, hyperactive, loud-mouth ninja in all of Konoha. If that doesn't sway you, how about this? Not too many people can perform "1000
Years of Pain" on Gaara and live to tell about it.

Kakashi- I tend to deal with a lot of the kids before I look at the adults. Don't get me wrong; Kakashi's funny and cool. I just kind of drifted toward the others as I got to know them. Besides, he's had less and less of a chance to show off his character and skills lately.

Haku- Damn! Almost forgot about him. Haku, like Shino, is the truth. 'Nuff said. Haku, like Hinata, is the truth for reasons beyond words. 'Nuff said.

Rock Lee- This man kicks so much ass! When is Kishimoto going to give him a break and let him win one of his fights?

Gaara- Simply because he gave me the chills. That's what the good villains do. Now that he's not a villain, I hope Kishimoto doesn't make him soft by any means.

Gama Bunta/Gamakichi- These two frogs are hilarious in my opinion! I especially like Gamakichi's squeaky voice, and the scene where father avenges son is priceless!

Jiraiya- Exploded on the scene, but he's like a supporting character. He makes Naruto (the character) that much more entertaining by enhancing the comedy. Doesn't mean I dislike him in any way though.

Shizune- I think I'll end it here. She's just so reluctant, it's funny. Tsunade drags her everywhere, and she's always bug-eyed and screaming "AIEEEE!!!" Too much... lol!

Dosu- If there's anyone who would have made a promising villain, it's him. He had the villain's voice (better than any other villain on the show), but alas, another tragic lad with a future in crime. May he rest in peace...

Kin- She was just spunky. I liked her.

Dislikes in no particular order-

Ino- I don't understand how so many people can like her but hate Sakura. And to base it on Sakura being weak or not knowing any special jutsu is stupid. Character over abilities, unless you're hoping for another DBZ tragedy (and by tragedy, I mean Buu Saga/ GT transition). Ino is just bossy, conceited, TOO shallow (as in, far more shallow than Sakura can be), and skinny. God, she's skinny! She's already wrapped up half her body to look like a mummy. Seems to me like she's trying to go all the way. And for those still stuck on the jutsu, remember that Sakura booted her ass out. So much for absolute mind control, huh?

Sasuke- I tried to like him, I did. But every time he did one thing worth respecting, he did ten things to negate it. While Sakura can be mean to Naruto at times, Sasuke is just downright cruel to her. I've never been a fan of the pairing between them, simply because it was shallow and one-sided to begin, but Sasuke reinforces the reason I disagree with it. He's got red eyes, and he wears a one-piece tacky black suit with a fan on it. 'Nuff said. If I hear him say "I'm an avenger" one more time... god, you're a ninja, not a kid playing superhero, damn it!

Zabuza- It's like Gatou said. He's a baby devil. Kisame must be so ashamed that this guy was part of his team. Even though he semi-redeemed himself during the end of the Wave Country arc (in not being an asshole; not in taking on an entire group of men single-mouthed), it wasn't enough to put him in the switchers category. Sorry, Momochi, I just don't like you.

Tenten- You are to Neji what Ino is to Sasuke: his personal, shallow cheerleader. What did it for me wasn't how easily Temari dealt with you; against someone else, you might have kicked ass. What did it for me was how you just kept jumping on Neji's hornblower, like "No one can defeat Neji; he's a genius".

Kankurou- He's just a bitch in black with a puppet. Stop squinting, asshole. Of course, Karasu gets props for being Karasu, but the puppeteer sucks ass.

Zaku- Die. Just... die. (and I just realized that the word die is on his shirt... how ironic)

And now, for the neutrals:

Kurenai/Asuma/Gai- They're great support, but they just don't play too big a role. Kurenai is hot. That's it. I want to see her in action, dammit! I don't want to see her moves get reversed on her, either. Asuma and Gai have potential to change their fates in this category. I like how Asuma came to his student's rescue. He's just the man. He's almost as laid-back as Shika. Gai is to Lee what Jiraiya is to Naruto (see above in the Likes).

Neji- He's got the cool "I told you so" voice. It's so wonderfully condescending, and that alone kept me from hating him... too much. Even though he's arrogant, he acts such a way in a voice that makes him sound cool as he does it. So he's neutral right now. He awaits redemption.

Tsunade- She's like the Jiraiya failed experiment. She had some pretty good scenes with Naruto, but she doesn't quite add up to Jiraiya just yet. And by herself, she just doesn't shine.

Itachi- He's calm, but he's bland at best. He didn't leave an impression. I'm really beginning to feel like that Sharingan of his is being over-used, plot-wise.

Switchers-

Orochimaru- Once in my likes, now in my neutral. He was cool when he first appeared, and "Sarutobi-sensei" is so wonderfully chilling. He was going to be a great villain, then he became a bitch. Dammit. Stop whining and lusting after Sasuke and Kimimaro, pervert. I had such high hopes for him because he didn't seem to be another Lord Voldemort... and now he's... another Lord Voldemort.

Kabuto- Once in my likes, now in my dislikes. He's deceitful, which is cool. But I hated him after his encounter with Naruto in the Legendary Three arc. He was an asshole then; what made him cool was how he was deceitful but not an asshole. Plus, I admired him for seeing something in Naruto (before then) while Orochimaru was only interested in Sasuke.

Chouji- Once in neutral, now in my likes. All throughout the pursuit of Sasuke, this guy truly stepped up. He deserves to be Shikamaru's best friend, that's for sure.

Well, that's it for now.
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 10:16   Link #50
HoboGod
Necromancer
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cardboard Box
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Youma
dnt you ever believe in yourself? im actually like you, very very lazy, like to sleep very late like 2-4 AM, and also move as little as possible. but personally, i dnt really care if that person is a hardworker or a genius. just let him do his thing, and ill do mine. its just as simple as that. i dnt feel bad about it, coz otherwise, it'll only make me look like a loser.
makes sence in theory, but i am extremely competitive. not so much to win, ironically enough. but i can't stand looking bad. if somebody is moving around more than me, they think they are faster. if somebody does something more often than me, they think they are stronger. people pisses me off. i hate everyone who makes me look bad in comparison. my ego will not be humbled.... EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Youma
and if you beat them in a contest, and people empathize with them, SO WHAT?!?! , isnt it just natural for people to empathize with the loser? and i dnt think its because they worked hard but still failed.
well, alright, then i'll do the opposite senario. when somebody who works hard beats me in a contest, people empathise with the one who worked harder by either saying that person deserved to win or that he/she overcame some bullshit handicap. the one who works harder is always apreciated more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Youma
look, the only thing that matters to me is even if theyre hard worker/genius, as long as they dnt brag about it, then theyre ok for me. and rock lee just happens to be a person who doesnt brag about it. so yeah i like him, he's cool.
enthusiasm is worse than bragging to me. it is like bragging before you've actually won. that and because it is noisy and irritating. it disrupts my calm state of mind. just thinking about people being gleeful and energetic makes me pissed off.
__________________

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 11:25   Link #51
P!ranha
Oyabun
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Switzerland
Send a message via ICQ to P!ranha Send a message via MSN to P!ranha
At least it's not the case that he IS always winning. Actually he is a poor guy and in my opinion too.. how can I call it.. annoying? Always his eyes burning an "hooo".. it really pisses me off. I just don't hate him because it's funny that he is stupid and that they are always scared of his appearance
If Kishimoto would made him serious, I would hate him, now he's just some funny guy how is overmotivated... same counts for Gai.
__________________
P!ranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 13:09   Link #52
vitalice
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziphra
HAHA! NO! Don't make fun of Haku! personally I think the guy rocked. I mean, come on! Demon Ice Mirrors, hands down a great technique. And what is one aspect of being a ninja? Deception! Haku coulda lured anyone in with his "sexy beauty" and POW, you're gone mister!
That's another reason I hate haku, "demon Ice Mirrors". It's a technique that's virtually unstoppable yet Haku still gets beaten and by genins, one which only just learnt the sharigan and the other's just a loud mouth kid.

Also Haku had an easy chance to kill Naruto after Naruto was passed out from training yet, being a nice guy that Haku is, lets Naruto live which in turn leads to Haku's death.

Deception? Do you think Haku dances around in a mini skirt , use a jutsu to make it look like he's got tits to lure men then kill them?(jiraya would fall for it) Haku is too much of a nice/honorable guy to use his bigender appearances to his advantage.

Quote:
Itachi partner is Kisame and his swords rocks. He has a better sword than Zabuza which only cut minor thing. I mean Samahade eats chakra and can rip you to pieces. Zabuza's sword can kill you instantly while Kisame's sword can do the same and make you suffer bit by bit.
It wouldn't kill you in one go, it would only really rip off your skin yet unharm vital organs. Only in the neck it would kill but that's a small target. It wouldn't be anyway effective than a sword because it can't pierce anything. The only thing I think would be good about it is that you could use it to tear someone's nuts right off. Like Haku, make him more of woman(I know Haku's already dead but I'm just making a point). I hope he does tear someone's nuts off then maybe I can gain alittle respect for him and his useless sword. And who's heard of a sword that eats chakra? Sounds like one of those +3 mana leech swords you find in rpgs.
vitalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 22:31   Link #53
Raging Youma
Kossapo Open Skill
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: I Dont Know. Where Am I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
makes sence in theory, but i am extremely competitive. not so much to win, ironically enough. but i can't stand looking bad. if somebody is moving around more than me, they think they are faster. if somebody does something more often than me, they think they are stronger. people pisses me off. i hate everyone who makes me look bad in comparison. my ego will not be humbled.... EVER!
hehe, you actually gotta point. people do sometimes think that they are better than you. just makes you wanna SMASH THEM, huh?


Quote:
well, alright, then i'll do the opposite senario. when somebody who works hard beats me in a contest, people empathise with the one who worked harder by either saying that person deserved to win or that he/she overcame some bullshit handicap. the one who works harder is always apreciated more.
hmm. really? atleast for me, i havent seen/experience anything like that. from my experience, only friends empathize with you or the winner. other people dnt really care THAT much. right? they just clap their hands when its over and theyre out.

Quote:
enthusiasm is worse than bragging to me. it is like bragging before you've actually won. that and because it is noisy and irritating. it disrupts my calm state of mind. just thinking about people being gleeful and energetic makes me pissed off.
bragging after theyve won, is the one that pisses me off, its just ok for me for them to brag before, because it'll only motivate me to really win and say the sweetest words to those bastards: HA! TAKE THAT!!!! :fingers:
Raging Youma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 23:06   Link #54
HoboGod
Necromancer
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cardboard Box
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Youma
hmm. really? atleast for me, i havent seen/experience anything like that. from my experience, only friends empathize with you or the winner. other people dnt really care THAT much. right? they just clap their hands when its over and theyre out.
you see it all the time with those insperational stories on tv. the "underdog" who works hard and finally realises his/her "impossible dream" of winning the olympics/winning the world series/becoming some movie star. people drool all over that kind of garbage. where are the insperational stories of the stradegist?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Youma
bragging after theyve won, is the one that pisses me off, its just ok for me for them to brag before, because it'll only motivate me to really win and say the sweetest words to those bastards: HA! TAKE THAT!!!! :fingers:
hehehe, yea.... that is always fun to crush their enthusiasm and make them misserable. ^_^
__________________

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 23:20   Link #55
neoko
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Auuustraaalia
Naruto : The only thing i ever liked about DBZ was the massive powerups and the fight build ups. Same with naruto, he has massive power and he never gives up.
__________________
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 23:50   Link #56
Raging Youma
Kossapo Open Skill
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: I Dont Know. Where Am I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
you see it all the time with those insperational stories on tv. the "underdog" who works hard and finally realises his/her "impossible dream" of winning the olympics/winning the world series/becoming some movie star. people drool all over that kind of garbage. where are the insperational stories of the stradegist?
heh, those stories on tv. its only on tv, man. it doesnt really happen THAT much in real life (atleast around me). in reality, those people that are successful are the ones that are wise, clever etc., just like you said, a strategist. but yeah ur right, there isnt much inspirational stories about the strategist.

but anyway, if you really feel bad about that, then its ok, who am i to decide how you should feel. just live your life the way you want to live it, thats the only thing that matters.

but just remember what shikamaru said: "i am me and you are you. how can we compare ourselves to each other? thats just stupid".
Raging Youma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 01:35   Link #57
Yogi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Likes
Rock Lee - He began with no talent, absoluely nothing. Now, he is one of the strongest genin, and he did all that via hard work.

Shikamaru - Someone who survives with his brains alone. He has very little powers, and those aren't really combat oriented. However, he just plain outsmarts the enemy at every turn.

Choji - Sacrificing yourself to defeat your enemy is a defenite plus in my book.

Sandaime - Same here. He fought against incredable odds, and still maneged to send Orochimaru running with his tail between his legs.

Dislikes
Itachi - So, he wants to be stronger and uses his clan as a "measuring stick?" He kills a bunch of people who like, know, and trust him. How is that in any way cool? He should have gone up against Sandaime. THAT'S a measuring stick.

Orochimaru - He invades Konoha, maneges to kill the Hokage, and thinks (according to his rants) that his forces are winning the battle. Does he take his four sound nin and go finish the job? Does he stay in the back and direct the rest of the battle? No, that would be cool. He instead runs off with his tail between his legs.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 02:51   Link #58
HoboGod
Necromancer
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cardboard Box
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Youma
but just remember what shikamaru said: "i am me and you are you. how can we compare ourselves to each other? thats just stupid".
i don't compare myself to other people, i inherietly believe I am better than everyone else until proven wrong. certain people merely piss me off and make me look bad. so i hate them. ^_^

is it so wrong to hate? can't we as humans just accept that other people suck?
__________________

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 08:27   Link #59
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 東京
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Likes

Ino - YES, I do like Ino. If she would just stop being obsessed with Sasuke, and realise that there are two good guys on her team, then maybe she wouldn't be so bad. I think that Ino was good to Sakura, despite what some may think. Without her, she would still be a shy little girl, trying to hide her forehead.. maybe that's a good thing? hah. anyways, I can see why she wants Sasuke so badly over Sakura. What kind of person dumps your best friend, because you find out that they have a crush on the same guy you do? Practically EVERY girl in konoha likes him. For all she knows, Ino could have just had a mild crush on him, but because Sakura dumped her because of that, she's determined to beat her. Also, Team 10 wouldn't go very far without her.. Chouji would just want to take snack breaks all the time, and Shikamaru would just hide the whole time.. ^^;;

Shikamaru - How troublesome. This guy rocks my socks off. He's hot, lazy, smart, and he looks cute when he's uncomfortable. He tries to act like he doesn't care, but those moments when you can tell he's worried or upset are priceless. and that whole "Ino and her diet.." thing was really cute. He's nice, and genuine.

Hinata - I just love her. How she wants to change, and her cute naive demeanor. Even though I am not a NaruHina shipper, I find myself routing for her. I think that she needs to work hard, because she has the potential to be as great as neji, in my opinion. She definately has it in her, and she's lucky to have Kiba there to support her, since he seems to truly believe in her talents...

Kiba - I love Akamaru, and he has the greatest voice ever. Plus, he's just so kick ass. I mean, who else says "yahoo" all the time, and still sounds cool? He's full of himself, but with good reason, and he seems to respect all the other rookies. I guess it's not a terrible fault that I think he's really cute too, right?

Gaara - I was crying when I read his backstory, and I think that he's really made a turnaround. He's finally found his precious people, I hope.
Not to mention that he's totally kickass. His new sand attacks are PIMP, and I just overall like him He makes me sad.

Dislike

Sakura - Just. No. She has potential, I think. Still, untill she shows it, I hate her. Hopefully, Tsunade will train her, or kill her, or something. How useless.

Sasuke - Still wont give Naruto the respect he deserves. Pompous Jackass. Everyone says how he's the best ever, but he's yet to impress me.

Kimmimaro - What the hell kind of bloodline is that, anyway?
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules. See this post as well. Second warning, third may get you a ban.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 05:49   Link #60
Hyuuga Uchiha Miko
Jounin
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fire country, Konohagakure
Age: 25
I like Hyuuga Neji, he`s soooooooooooo cool! He`s strong, have the byakugan, the strongest kekkei genkai and have that cold personality which I like! Neji rocks!!!!
Hyuuga Uchiha Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.