AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-01-04, 08:19   Link #61
polar720

This obviously goes to Gai Sensei. The guy is a beast, Konoha`s magnificant green beast.
polar720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 08:52   Link #62
LooKe
Uchiha Sasuke is the shit

Itachi becouse he is so cool, like you said, he is so calm and dont pick fights becouse he know he can beat anyone up!
Old 2006-01-04, 18:03   Link #63
Darkpony

Sasuke - Dosent look retarded like everyone else, helps the story flow, and is by far the best fighter in the academy. We all know why hes Kishimotos favorite character.

Kabuto - Smart mysterious we know hes on a whole new level, so much we dont know about him.
Darkpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 19:41   Link #64
Martorious

Ok, from the top to the bottom, more or less, it shapes up like this.

Naruto- although if he doesn't show some new techniques in 291 I'm going to be severely upset. Kage no Bushin and Rasengan are starting to get old.

Jiraiya - What's not to like? If I were a character on Naruto, this is who would be most like me...hehe.

Hinata - She's cute, and she can fight. With practice and hard work she could beat Neji (or at least equal him.)

Rock Lee - Sincere, honorable, hardworking, extremely strong (lousy drunk, though ). Upstanding person, would always want him on my team.

Kabuto - Don't trust him, but he's a fascinating character, just when you think you have him figured out, something changes.

Sakura - I think all the Sakura nay-sayers will be changing their tune now. 291 will tell the tale.

Kakashi - quiet, engimatic, almost never caught off guard, probably one of the strongest Jounin there is.

Shikamaru -Brains and self doubt, he will never suffer from arrogance. Always thinking 3 to 5 moves ahead. Will be the best tactical leader Konoha has ever seen when he reaches his prime.

Gara - Intense, and made Kazekage?!? Amazing

Temari - Can't fault a girl that looks that good in fishnet! Wowza!

Tsunade - Ok, I know it's just a jutsu, but Damn she looks good! Not only that but she can bring down a rock wall with her fist! Gotta respect that.

With the exception of the ones mentioned next, everyone else I like ok, but not enough to mention.

Sasuke - whiny brat boy. He was spoiled in the academy by being the best, now it turns out he's not all that and a bag of Doritoes so all he can do is cry about it and try to make deals with the devil instead of sticking with his friends and working harder. His sick moral character is showing through (obviously the Uchiha bloodline is tainted).

Itachi - Sorry, killing your family to get power and "test your capability" is just cold, no brownie points for you.

Orochimaru - no major character development here, he's just evil for the sake of being evil. I think in the grand scheme of things that he won't even be the ultimate villain in the story, he may even turn and wind up being a semi-hero who helps save Konoha and the rest of the world in the end. I think for now he's just a whetstone for the Konoha genin to sharpen their teeth on

As to an ultimate villain, my money is on whoever is pulling the Akatsuki's strings. Someone's master-minding it and I don't think we've seen them yet. But that's just speculation on my part.

Last edited by Martorious; 2006-01-04 at 19:54.
Martorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 20:48   Link #65
Soma

The best Naruto character is Sasuke, period. He's 10 times more interesting than Naruto can ever hope to be. It's actually pathetic really, that a main character of a shonen is so upstaged by his rival in practically everything in this manga. Sasuke is the better ninja, is smarter, talented, has a more detailed and interesting past, is more dynamic as a character, has the greatest raw potential out of anyone not factoring any power-ups/demons, not as annoying or retarded as Naruto, and is generally better all around.

Naruto on the other hand is a complete idiot, a loser, clumsy, loud, obnoxious, has an inferiority complex the size of a mountain whenever anyone comes and upstages him, has the same personality throughout the whole series which makes him probably the most boring character in the manga (next to someone who doesn't matter like Tenten), and a sorry excuse for a ninja even with Kyuubi. In fact he's worthless without Kyuubi unlike a true hardworking loser like Lee who's actually talented. He fails at being a main character. Characters like Ranma, Ichigo, etc completely blow him out of the water in that respect. The only shonen main character that Naruto is definitely better than is Goku, and that's not saying much as Goku is a freakin boring moron as well.

Even if somehow Naruto became the strongest ninja when he grows up, it's clear that it'll all be due to having a demon in him as we can clearly see how pathetic he is without it. And it'll be due to Kishimoto doing the biggest plot manipulation ever as well.

It's also pretty evident as well that Naruto by himself isn't really that interesting as most people are looking for other characters to inject excitement back into the series after Sasuke left (like people like Kabuto, Orochimaru,
Spoiler:
). It's even more evident when everyone is looking for Sasuke's return to bring the manga back on track (as Naruto has no way of doing it with just his character). That's why:

Spoiler:

Honestly Kishimoto should have just made Sasuke the main character as Sasuke is his favorite character and Naruto just utterly fails at being compelling. Sasuke is more interesting and more compelling a character than Naruto in terms of backstory, growth+conflict, character design, goals, and just in general. It's interesting that the only times when the manga is at its best is when Sasuke is there or it's about something to do with Sasuke. Go figure.
Soma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 21:01   Link #66
Slayjunkie
Impending Doom 2

Location: here in this room... that i sleepeth and roameth about in
uh there was already a post like this.... oh well more fan praise ... hmmmm

kakashi- good sense of humor, perverted but not in a crude way, can be crazy good sometimes, laid back yet effective, actually wins battles and when he loses he makes it look good, knowing he's sexy with out even seeing his face, self sacrificing, willing to change, protective, a mentor and an all around good guy who is't a pansy about killing people.

itachi- hella powerful with mad fighting skills, great fashion sense (nailpolish YAY) makes beating up 12 year olds manly, made sasuke cool, makes me laugh i mean he slaughtered his clan for what... to see how powerful he's gotten in the past years. he's a riot he's like a total nutcase yet sexy at the same time. you know he's mourning inside though, considerate of others- letting kakashi live, and sasuke so he can kill him later. yeah itachi makes me laugh he's so unstable

hayate- the only one to use a sword effectvely and make it look cool while it lasted. was a true ninja to the end. his coughing fits were cute. he died which is just hot.

neji- a total bastard that makes beating up your little cousin manly, the white eyes and long flowing hair, the smirk of doom, his attacks are so pretty to watch, twirl neji twirl, without his goading and sarcasm there would be no lightness to the show, pisses people off which is very challenging. willing to forgive and become a better person, yeah i could keep going but i'll stop

sasuke- reading the constant hate put upon this character makes me like him more and more. total angsty god of sex, cool hair, makes his own decisions in life, very motivated, strong, beat the crap out of naruto, makes being beaten up smexy, sexiest voice known to man kind i mean come on the scream, cares about his friends... yeah yeah the whole beating up naruto come on you know it was all a ploy - keep your friends close and your enemies closer. rejected sakura-thank you. yeah the show should be called Sasuke i mean it's basically all about him and his plight and naruto's along for the ride. without sasuke there would be NO show.

other characters i luv but am to lazy to write about-
kimimaro
gaara
genma
sakon
temari

characters not digging

kisame- nasty sharkboy who is fugly beyond comparison stupid lines and has a really stupid and ugly sword that's basically his only source of power... how sad... weakling.. on the bright side he makes itachi look way hotter

iruka- all he does is vomit up blood and yell... yep weak and pathetic i mean he tried to pick a fight with kakashi

all the female chunins (except Temari she has skills)- ten-ten, sakura, ino's okay and hinata

"Violence isn't the answer but it is a solution"
- Me
Slayjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 21:03   Link #67
Slayjunkie
Impending Doom 2

Location: here in this room... that i sleepeth and roameth about in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma
The best Naruto character is Sasuke, period. He's 10 times more interesting than Naruto can ever hope to be. It's actually pathetic really, that a main character of a shonen is so upstaged by his rival in practically everything in this manga. Sasuke is the better ninja, is smarter, talented, has a more detailed and interesting past, is more dynamic as a character, has the greatest raw potential out of anyone not factoring any power-ups/demons, not as annoying or retarded as Naruto, and is generally better all around.

Naruto on the other hand is a complete idiot, a loser, clumsy, loud, obnoxious, has an inferiority complex the size of a mountain whenever anyone comes and upstages him, has the same personality throughout the whole series which makes him probably the most boring character in the manga (next to someone who doesn't matter like Tenten), and a sorry excuse for a ninja even with Kyuubi. In fact he's worthless without Kyuubi unlike a true hardworking loser like Lee who's actually talented. He fails at being a main character. Characters like Ranma, Ichigo, etc completely blow him out of the water in that respect. The only shonen main character that Naruto is definitely better than is Goku, and that's not saying much as Goku is a freakin boring moron as well.

Even if somehow Naruto became the strongest ninja when he grows up, it's clear that it'll all be due to having a demon in him as we can clearly see how pathetic he is without it. And it'll be due to Kishimoto doing the biggest plot manipulation ever as well.

It's also pretty evident as well that Naruto by himself isn't really that interesting as most people are looking for other characters to inject excitement back into the series after Sasuke left (like people like Kabuto, Orochimaru,
Spoiler:
). It's even more evident when everyone is looking for Sasuke's return to bring the manga back on track (as Naruto has no way of doing it with just his character). That's why:

Spoiler:

Honestly Kishimoto should have just made Sasuke the main character as Sasuke is his favorite character and Naruto just utterly fails at being compelling. Sasuke is more interesting and more compelling a character than Naruto in terms of backstory, growth+conflict, character design, goals, and just in general. It's interesting that the only times when the manga is at its best is when Sasuke is there or it's about something to do with Sasuke. Go figure.

whoa freaky we posted like at the same time... with semi-similar thought process... creepy. though my hate for naruto isn't that great in comparison to other characters i agree with pretty much everything you posted.

"Violence isn't the answer but it is a solution"
- Me
Slayjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 23:50   Link #68
Elemental-Magus
Tin-Plate Wapol

I would have to say Akimichi Chouji. I think thats hes prety damn tough and he can be depended on to help. and his body expansion Justsu is Awesome! He beat the Crap out the Sound Nin guy( forgot his name) with his special pills.

Last edited by Elemental-Magus; 2006-09-24 at 22:53.
Elemental-Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 00:14   Link #69
Wrath of the Uchiha

Itachi and Sasuke.

Got the most unpredictable side story going on, really I am bored of watching Naruto convert people left and right, we know what his characters like etc, the only thing that interests me about him is his and the Kyuubi's fate in regards to the Akatsuki.

Whereas we still have to know who is Uchiha Madara, what's the clan secret, how does the Kyuubi know of the Uchihas, what's the true purpose of the Sharingan, how did Kakashi get his Sharingan, what'll be Sasuke's fate? Who will kill Itachi, Orosuke or Sasuke himself? etc etc.

The Uchiha mystery is the only thing that's keeping me interested in the manga, I have pretty much lost interest in everything else....except for the Akatsuki's goals :P
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 09:44   Link #70
Snubben_Pierre

hmm hard to choose..

Shikamaru ( He is shikamaru, don't need to say more then that.)

Kakashi (his childhood was cool, his techniques are cool, he has the sharingan, cool looks)

Naruto (after time skip, before he was way to childish and annoying)

Neji (I like his way of fighting.)

Itachi (his strength says it all)

Asuma.
----------

Gaara,Shino,Gai,sakura and hinata are pretty cool also. (mostly because of what happends in the manga,okey manga isnt the reason for hinata being there.)

----------

unworthy punks that just should die:

Sasuke
Chouji
Sai
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote