AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Old 2004-11-17, 21:48   Link #21
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippo-Kun
is this like a hentai or something?
hahahahaha...no...It's a very interesting story though, I do recommend it. The title just seems to suggest hentai doesn't it? Hee.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 10:26   Link #22
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:36.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 15:02   Link #23
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Like the other said, im more intrested in Tsubasa then XXXholic, though both are really great works but Clamp, and plz i hope they put more effort into drawing them then the manga, compared to their other manga, which i mean chobits. I really dont hope that it look like that, more Chobits style Or X.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 15:56   Link #24
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
One of my fav manga, I like how it ties Buddhist superstition into the story. Growing up I've always heard my grandparent, and my parent telling these old wives tales about karma and such. It's cool to see it being adapted into manga. As for movie or tv, I don't mind both actually both has there plus and minuses as mention in this thread. So I'm excited to see this movie next year, can't wait
Old 2004-11-20, 04:43   Link #25
Archaic

Send a message via AIM to Archaic Send a message via MSN to Archaic Send a message via Skype™ to Archaic
Quote:
Originally Posted by auriya
Sounds interesting... Slightly off topic--is it just me, or does it seem that CLAMP isn't as popular lately? I remember a few years ago, when I first got into manga/anime, CLAMP seemed to be the most famous manga/anime creators. And now, I don't hear about them as much.
Perhaps that's so over there, but at least from my experience, it's quite a different story here in Japan. It is CLAMP's 15th year anniversary afterall, and they've been going fairly:30 all out with CLAMP related releases the whole year. Hardback oversize reprints of CCS, CCS being screened on TV again (Saturday evenings at 6:30 on NHK-E), the Clamp File Book series, various limited edition goods, and of course, the hardback Tsubasa volumes (Which does raise the question one will admit of why there aren't any hardback XXXHolic volumes).
Old 2004-11-21, 02:50   Link #26
Archaic

Send a message via AIM to Archaic Send a message via MSN to Archaic Send a message via Skype™ to Archaic
*Dances*

An anime based on Tsubasa has just been confirmed. No word yet on if it'll be a movie, a TV series, or if it's going to be the rumoured short in front of the XXXHolic movie (Which had been suggested to be a story based on CCS up until now, but makes a lot of sense as the Tsubasa crossover with XXXHolic), or several of the above.
Old 2004-11-21, 06:34   Link #27
-AR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
*Dances*

An anime based on Tsubasa has just been confirmed. No word yet on if it'll be a movie, a TV series, or if it's going to be the rumoured short in front of the XXXHolic movie (Which had been suggested to be a story based on CCS up until now, but makes a lot of sense as the Tsubasa crossover with XXXHolic), or several of the above.
Any proof?

All I could find is this scan from ANN. They say it's an announcement of an anime based on Tsubasa, but if I understand correctly, the anime mentioned on that scan refers to the XXXHOLiC anime, not a Tsubasa anime...
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 09:35   Link #28
Archaic

If I'm reading the announcement correctly myself (And I'll admit, I don't know all these Kanji yet), that's talking about the 5th collected volume of the XXXHolic manga there, in addition to the Manga. There's also the statements made by Del Ray earlier in the month.
Old 2004-11-22, 00:52   Link #29
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
On ANN they are planning the anime series of Tsubasa for 2005

Apparently this scan tells us

http://animenewsnetwork.com/
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 01:22   Link #30
-AR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
On ANN they are planning the anime series of Tsubasa for 2005

Apparently this scan tells us

http://animenewsnetwork.com/
As I mentioned before the anime mentioned on that scan refers to the XXXHOLiC movie.

This is the only sentence in that scan that has word anime in it:
しかも今回は2005年劇場用アニメ化が決定したヤングマガジン連載中「×××HOLiC」5巻も同時発売 だ!!

I would translate it something like this:
Furthermore, this time the volume 5 of XXXHOLiC, which will get a theather anime version in 2005 and is serialized in Young Magazine, will be released at the same time!!

So it's all about volume 5 of XXXHOLiC getting released together with Tsubasa volume 8. It's not an announcement of a Tsubasa anime.
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 06:36   Link #31
xris
Just call me Ojisan
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

FUNimation has acquired the license for the Tsubasa Chronicle and XXXholic movies.

As posted on ICv2.
Quote:
FUNimation Has 'Tsubasa Chronicle' TV Series
Plus 'Tsubasa' and 'XXXholic' Movies

January 18, 2006
The new issue of Anime Insider, which hits comic book stores today, reveals that FUNimation Productions has acquired the license for the Tsubasa Chronicle TV series as well as for the Tsubasa Chronicle and XXXholic movies. Based on the popular Clamp manga (rated as the #6 manga property in the most recent ICv2 Retailers Guide to Anime & Manga) and produced by Bee Train and Production I.G., the 26-episode (so far) Tsubasa Chronicle anime series debuted in 2005 and has been renewed for 2006.

Clamp's Tsubasa Chronicle and XXXholic manga series feature frequent crossovers from characters in the two series as well as from previous Clamp releases, and the anime series and movies reportedly do as well. So far FUNimation has not announced whether it has also licensed the second season of the Tsubasa Chronicle TV anime or the XXXholic TV anime series, which will debut in Japan this April.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 17:58   Link #32
Guido

Omniscient's synopsis for xxxHOLic episode one.
Guido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 18:28   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I must say i'm a huge fan of the manga.. probably one of my fav's - and after watching the first episode, i know i'll feel the same about the anime.

After watching the movie, i knew that XXXHolic could work being animated, and it looks even better as an anime, right down to building.. ever looks perfect, just like the Manga.

Looks like the story's gonna be a lil' bit different compared to the manga, though i think its good in some ways. Liking the OP.. a lil' strange, but it works pretty well with XXXHolic, same for what i've heard of the OST so far.

Hmm.. all i can say is i hope most of my fav' chapters from the manga appear.. and that'll it last 24/26 episodes. ^^