AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-12, 14:18   Link #2661
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Finally got around to finishing Primary. It was quite cliched/cheesy, a bit disjointed at times, and very pastel and pink, but I liked it a lot. I'll probably play Rin ga Utau, Mirai no Neiro (the sequel to the doujin Miku game by Supplement Time) before starting Natsuyume Nagisa.
Old 2009-08-13, 00:05   Link #2662
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
...before starting Natsuyume Nagisa.
How are you going to counter the "DRM" which requires the player to run it with japanese Windows, Micchi? I've read that it here that you cannot run the program, unless you have japanese Windows installed. Or you indeed have a Japanese OS?
I hope not many company is going to follow that kinda prevention, because it'd be quite inconvenient to obtain one. And I imagine there has to be a few japanese eroge player too, who for some reason have the Windows installed in a foreign language (I for one, not using the localized OS either).

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-08-13 at 00:20. Reason: typo
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 00:12   Link #2663
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
How are you going to counter the "DRM" which requires the player to run it with japanese Windows, Micchi?
In this case, the version check can be circumvented by copying in a older version of RealLive from another Visual Arts game.
Old 2009-08-13, 00:20   Link #2664
sellyanes

Hi all....

According to me Shingetsutan Tsukihime is the which attracts me more because of its graphics and very interesting story about it. I think every one should try it once.
Old 2009-08-13, 00:26   Link #2665
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
In this case, the version check can be circumvented by copying in a older version of RealLive from another Visual Arts game.
I see, I didn't know there is a clever way to solve it. Thanks for elaborating Sterling.
Old 2009-08-13, 06:12   Link #2666
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
How are you going to counter the "DRM" which requires the player to run it with japanese Windows, Micchi? I've read that it here that you cannot run the program, unless you have japanese Windows installed. Or you indeed have a Japanese OS?
I hope not many company is going to follow that kinda prevention, because it'd be quite inconvenient to obtain one. And I imagine there has to be a few japanese eroge player too, who for some reason have the Windows installed in a foreign language (I for one, not using the localized OS either).
well it looks like a program named NTLEA can by pass it
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 07:34   Link #2667
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Ya, this and NTLEA works. Someone already uploaded the bypass and it worked fine for me.
Old 2009-08-13, 09:53   Link #2668
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well, it's nice to see you folks can bypass that thing.

By the way, if anyone is interested, the folks @ TLwiki released a teaser patch for Sharin No Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo containing the entire Chapter 1 in english (Here's Klash's review if that's the first time you've heard about the game).
Statistically the teaser patch covers about 10% of the whole script (similarly to G-Senjou). The unedited translation of the game is about halfway done already, so the group's desire to release the full patch by the end of the year seems reasonable IMO.
Announcement and the patch-download links can be found here.
Old 2009-08-16, 06:18   Link #2669
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Leaving current favorites aside - what are your favorite visual novels of all time?

I haven't played as much as many of you, I reckon, but I tried to at least come up with a top 3:
1. Tsukihime
2. Koi ni Ochitara
3. G Senjou no Maou

The latter I only finished yesterday, but it impressed me like nothing has in the last year or so. There were times when it felt hard going on at all, playing as the terrible person you are in there, but it sucked me in so much I just couldn't stop. And it's now one of the very few games were I actually finished more than one route. At really tense moments I actually felt my heartbeat going up, something I haven't had with those games since Tsukihime, I think. Which incidentally was not only my first visual novel but is still my favorite one.
Old 2009-08-16, 14:30   Link #2670
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

1. Da Capo / Da Capo II
2. Tapestry
3. Flyable Heart

DC was one of the first games I played and I've been hooked on the series since. Tapestry was a hidden gem for me, but with all the drama, I'd need to take breaks in between routes. I really loved FH's feel and of course Ito Noizi's art.

It's obvious what I like: moe-ge and naki-ge. Well-executed tried-and-true plot devices with good art and a cast of likeable characters. I love a little magic involved too. Action-oriented VNs really don't appeal to me.
Old 2009-08-17, 23:36   Link #2671
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Alicesoft has a new game on their website and this will probably be my first taste of an Alicesoft game cause it's got Urotan as an artist and his art is insanely smexy and from the sample cgs his art in color looks even smexier.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 00:21   Link #2672
Wrath88
Kissing...

Da Capo, huh... apart from Kotori's route, I felt like sleeping through the rest of them, especially Nemu's, for some reason.
Old 2009-08-18, 18:08   Link #2673
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Currently playing Shuffle and aiming for the Nerine route. Its good so far but I wonder if it will be able to replace Yosuga no Sora as my favorite game. =D
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 18:30   Link #2674
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I'm playing Shuffle too. Though I haven't gotten so far yet so I can't say if this game is able to surpass Yume Miru Kusuri.. I've seen the anime adaptation though, and it was one of the best animes I've seen so I have my hopes up. I'm going for the Asa route, then probably Sia after that.

I doubt I'll even play the game through Nerine route, simply because I don't like her.. at all.
Old 2009-08-19, 10:14   Link #2675
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Dies Irae - Also Sprach Zarashtura and Une Fille Blanche are what I'm playing atm.. Any Japanese non-translated VN players here?..
Old 2009-08-19, 15:12   Link #2676
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
Dies Irae - Also Sprach Zarashtura and Une Fille Blanche are what I'm playing atm.. Any Japanese non-translated VN players here?..
I usually play the new (untranslated) games. Working my way through Natsuyume Nagisa at the moment. I think there's a bunch of others who do the same, most of whom use text hookers.
Old 2009-08-19, 18:42   Link #2677
DidCart

You guys that play the japanese games, do you know japanese or you just see the pictures?
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 19:07   Link #2678
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidCart View Post
You guys that play the japanese games, do you know japanese or you just see the pictures?
I know most of it since I've taken courses in it (and studied on my own). If there's a word I don't know or remember, I just do a quick check.

Of course, it depends on the games you play. Some of them are harder to read than others.
Old 2009-08-19, 23:11   Link #2679
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Quote:
I know most of it since I've taken courses in it (and studied on my own). If there's a word I don't know or remember, I just do a quick check.

Of course, it depends on the games you play. Some of them are harder to read than others.
Something like Une Filler Blanche really twist my brain to understand.. *Sigh*.. It got 45 endings as well, what a hell..

Quote:
I usually play the new (untranslated) games. Working my way through Natsuyume Nagisa at the moment. I think there's a bunch of others who do the same, most of whom use text hookers.
I see.. there are some of you that also plays untranslated one.. Text hooker works just fine.. Even though it needs some considerable skill to interpret the non-sense translation..

I feels like giving up on Une Fille Blanche and replay my most precious Tayutama again..
Old 2009-08-20, 01:17   Link #2680
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin View Post
I see.. there are some of you that also plays untranslated one.. Text hooker works just fine.. Even though it needs some considerable skill to interpret the non-sense translation..
Deciphering babelfish is an important skill to have.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel