AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-02, 02:30   Link #261
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Hey that game reminds me of Elf All stars Datsuijan 2. I got into Mahjong because of that "hentai " Mahjong game. I had no idea Mahjong could become so addicting.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 02:39   Link #262
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
You're more like a reasonable one.
Usually in USA, Christians are almost fanatists and it's even easier for me to view it since I live in a non religious country (where there is no longer any link between religion and politics, not like in US).
Most americans, christian and otherwise, aren't like that. You'd never know from the way politicans and right wing talk show hosts talk though. All this crap about values deciding the recent election is just the dreamings of such people. They don't want to admit the only reason bush won is because a lot of americans feared changing presidents during the "war on terror". The public believed the lies about iraq, and john kerry, and voted accordingly.
While abortion really is a controverial issue in the US, stem cell research and teaching evolution really aren't. Most americans support both, but don't really consider either as important issues that would effect their votes. Thus it seems like more americans are fanatics then really are. The sad truth is most americans are just gullible idiots, the end result of one of the worst education systems in the world.
Now lets try to not go any further off topic.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 03:28   Link #263
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Hey that game reminds me of Elf All stars Datsuijan 2. I got into Mahjong because of that "hentai " Mahjong game. I had no idea Mahjong could become so addicting.
Yeh, it's kinda addicting and it's not that hard to play The big plus in that game is that I really liked the art of the game it was based on, so it's really interesting.
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 08:29   Link #264
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Murasame
I'm actually anti-Hentai, I just dropped by because this topic grabbed my attention. And I never really knew this much people bought hentai games.

It's incredible we still have so many anti-erogames here.
Like Kj1980 said, it took to us non-japanese people twenty years to learn "Anime is not just for kids" (even nowadays i still find some people who think that way ).
It will take more ten years for us to learn "erotic bishoujo games can have a good story/plot" or "bishoujo games don't need erotic scenes to be great".

The best proof of this is: every year many great, story-focused erotic bishoujo games are being ported to console without the ero scenes or transformed in anime TV shows (You are in a anime forum. Did you never considerated how much of them are based on Ero-games?! )

Like DingoEnderZOE2 said, try some bishoujo game first. Unfortunately the best ero-bgames ever was not translated in english, but you still can find some great translated bgames, like KANA-LITTLE SISTER, CRESCENDO, PRIVATE NURSE and HEART DE ROOMMATE.

Here i listed some reviews sites for these games. Please keep in mind these reviews are not from Ero-Gamers... most of them tried an ero-game for the first time and feel compeled to tell their unique experience. You will not find any erotic CG too:


KANA - LITTLE SISTER
http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/gameId,8501/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...iew/33645.html

CRESCENDO
http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/gameId,14342/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...iew/37301.html
http://www.freetype.net/reviews/revi...01131,20040309

PRIVATE NURSE
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...iew/34849.html

HEART DE ROOMMATE
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...iew/34721.html


If you really don't want to try any erotic bishoujo game, try some non-erotic instead, like for instance the DVD-PG games from HIRAMEKI. Most of them were originally ero-games, but they had their erotic scenes removed (don't need of them anyway, because of the great story ). My favorite tittles are HOURGLASS OF SUMMER and PHANTOM OF INFERNO.

HOURGLASS OF SUMMER
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dvd/review/924699.html

PHANTOM OF INFERNO
http://www.freetype.net/reviews/revi...00117,20020212

Last edited by PGilis; 2004-12-02 at 08:56.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 09:22   Link #265
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
It will take more ten years for us to learn "erotic bishoujo games can have a good story/plot" or "bishoujo games don't need erotic scenes to be great".
You forgot to mention "ero-games can have interesting and original gameplay".
Not all ero-games are ADV and personally, I think non-ADV games are my favorite, because they're more rare (especially because I have a very distinguished taste in hentai) and usually are the one you will not have hard time to understand
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 11:12   Link #266
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Yeah, that's right. In bishoujo gaming, we have many kinds of action-games, RPGs, SLG, TBL and SIM; far more than "normal" games. I am a 'Studio E-Go'-Fanatic, myself. (Still waiting for the translated version of MEN AT WORK! 2 to be finished, thought )
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 11:20   Link #267
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
Yeah, that's right. In bishoujo gaming, we have many kinds of action-games, RPGs, SLG, TBL and SIM; far more than "normal" games. I am a 'Studio E-Go'-Fanatic, myself. (Still waiting for the translated version of MEN AT WORK! 2 to be finished, thought )
Personally I really like the style of the games from Kleins, Windmill and F&C01, they're really neat IMO

As for Men at Work! 2, I think it's around ~95% translated, so it should be highly playable
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 13:11   Link #268
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
Like DingoEnderZOE2 said, try some bishoujo game first. Unfortunately the best ero-bgames ever was not translated in english, but you still can find some great translated bgames, like KANA-LITTLE SISTER, CRESCENDO, PRIVATE NURSE and HEART DE ROOMMATE.
Personally, I didn't really like heart de roommate. While it was funny, it just felt like it should have been an anime series, not a game. Of course that feeling was helped by it being structured like an anime. If I had paid full price, I'd probably have been annoyed, but for only $35, it was worth it.
Well, next up on my list is private nurse, but I'm not going to buy and pay shipping on just one game, so I'll have to find something else to order first.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 13:35   Link #269
Bullsquat
Strange Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
You should go ahead and order Hitomi - stepsister. You will love it. How do I know? I don't know but it looks good. I'm also looking for the next bishoujo game to purchase but all the other new titles leave a bad taste in my mouth just by reading their descriptions.

Hitomi - stepsister! You know it's a good idea...you know it.
__________________
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 13:39   Link #270
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
I'm also looking for the next bishoujo game to purchase but all the other new titles leave a bad taste in my mouth just by reading their descriptions.
You should definitly read the H-games review made by Something Awful Well maybe you already did
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 13:48   Link #271
Bullsquat
Strange Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Yeah, hehe. And I dunno why I read the whole review on slave pageant, idols galore, I'm gonna serve you 4, and virgin roster. I must be out of my mind.
__________________
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 14:29   Link #272
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Yeah, hehe. And I dunno why I read the whole review on slave pageant, idols galore, I'm gonna serve you 4, and virgin roster. I must be out of my mind.
Well, those review are only made for funny purpose, so you shouldn't take seriously what they're saying
Anyway, there are games far worse than Virgin Roaster in term of story, trust me :P
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 15:24   Link #273
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
I'm a Catholic Christian, and as you can see, I live in Belgium.

I don't have any problem with sex. However, I view it as a part of love, and not something made just for what people would call 'fun'. For me, sex is intended for two people who love each other, but not necessarily to give birth to offspring.

A member of Peach Princess' BBS explained it pretty well.
Sex in a relationship is like a table with many groceries, meat, fruits, etc.
Sex just for the sex is like taking a burger from a table and taking off.

I don't know what stem cell research is, though. But I can share my views about such kind of research. I view research on DNA and cloning as unethical. Why? Because we're not God. We shouldn't manipulate life. However, I'm mostly against it because I fear of abuse of this research.
Many people wouldn't want a child that isn't, to their standards, normal. They would abort it.
I'm autistic, in the form of Asperger's Syndrome. Many people would abort their child if it had this. It's just not right. We're people too, and we can function normally, but we are 'different'. This all goes back to the argument that people should learn to accept people that are different from themselves.

I'm not against abortion. It's the women's right to choose. Besides, what people forget, is thinking about the child. HOW would YOU FEEL if you got to know that you were unwanted?! It would most likely scar you for life. Or that you were given birth by a rapist? (I'm aware that in this case, they do support abortion. Tsk tsk, double standards...)

---

About Hitomi - My stepsister

This is a dark game. Still, it's currently one of the best dark games available, from what I hear. The story is believable, has a good story, and there's no ugly stuff like S&M like it that would put people off.

Remember, don't rate a game just on its graphics...

---

About Hourglass of Summer

Actually, the original game is console bishoujo game that debuted on either the Dreamcast or the PS2, and had no H-scenes. The game was later ported to the PC, and H-scenes were added. However, that version was harshly criticised by fans, because they felt that the H-scenes didn't fit in the story's mood.

Last edited by Benoit; 2004-12-02 at 16:06.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 00:01   Link #274
Zero Murasame
Me+AK-74= UNSTOPPABLE
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DERPY DERP DEERP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
I'm a Catholic Christian, and as you can see, I live in Belgium.

I don't have any problem with sex. However, I view it as a part of love, and not something made just for what people would call 'fun'. For me, sex is intended for two people who love each other, but not necessarily to give birth to offspring.

A member of Peach Princess' BBS explained it pretty well.
Sex in a relationship is like a table with many groceries, meat, fruits, etc.
Sex just for the sex is like taking a burger from a table and taking off.

I don't know what stem cell research is, though. But I can share my views about such kind of research. I view research on DNA and cloning as unethical. Why? Because we're not God. We shouldn't manipulate life. However, I'm mostly against it because I fear of abuse of this research.
Many people wouldn't want a child that isn't, to their standards, normal. They would abort it.
I'm autistic, in the form of Asperger's Syndrome. Many people would abort their child if it had this. It's just not right. We're people too, and we can function normally, but we are 'different'. This all goes back to the argument that people should learn to accept people that are different from themselves.

I'm not against abortion. It's the women's right to choose. Besides, what people forget, is thinking about the child. HOW would YOU FEEL if you got to know that you were unwanted?! It would most likely scar you for life. Or that you were given birth by a rapist? (I'm aware that in this case, they do support abortion. Tsk tsk, double standards...)

---

About Hitomi - My stepsister

This is a dark game. Still, it's currently one of the best dark games available, from what I hear. The story is believable, has a good story, and there's no ugly stuff like S&M like it that would put people off.

Remember, don't rate a game just on its graphics...

---

About Hourglass of Summer

Actually, the original game is console bishoujo game that debuted on either the Dreamcast or the PS2, and had no H-scenes. The game was later ported to the PC, and H-scenes were added. However, that version was harshly criticised by fans, because they felt that the H-scenes didn't fit in the story's mood.
and another reason why hentai sux!
Zero Murasame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 00:04   Link #275
Zero Murasame
Me+AK-74= UNSTOPPABLE
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DERPY DERP DEERP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishounen_blue
"When I find the guy who invented Hentai, I shall destroy him with the power of truth, justice, and a dragon!!!! "

I'm not sure why so many people have the idea that anime is awesome, but if it contains adult content then it's automatically horrible. I've even heard people complain about doujinshi saying that it's a slap in the face of the creator, when in fact creating a parody doujinshi is considered to be a big form of admiration, along with cosplay. Do you ever consider the fact that the mangaka who create your favorite stories probably enjoy ero anime? Do you ever consider that some of the same seiyuu who preform in your favorite anime also have roles in ero anime? It's up to the individual to watch the anime that s/he enjoys most. It's not a problem to not like ero anime and games, but keep in mind that they are a legitimate part of the anime pop-culture world.
no, no, and yes I know that.
Zero Murasame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 02:11   Link #276
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
A member of Peach Princess' BBS explained it pretty well.
Sex in a relationship is like a table with many groceries, meat, fruits, etc.
Sex just for the sex is like taking a burger from a table and taking off.
Close, but not 100% right

What I wrote was a quote from a Norwegian book about "behavioural genetics", if such an expression exists in English. A book about which behaviours are affected how by our genes, the purpose of the behaviours that are identical in most human beings regardless of culture etc. Anyway, what I wrote (translated from Norwegian, of course) was:

"Love without sex is like a set table without food. Sex without love is like grabbing a burger and taking off".

Maybe it makes more sense in Norwegian than English, but I'm not a professional translator, so I'm unsure as to whether I could use different wording to capture the essence better.

It's a statement I agree with. This also pretty much mirrors my opinion of sex in ero-games. If the game has only constant, fairly pointless sex, it might initially sate your hunger if you're starving for anything sex-related. But if that's all you get, it's ultimately bland and unsatisfying. I'm a person who prefers ero-games where sex is a result of love, not the other way around. That's not to say you can't make a good game where there's sex before love, but I have a personal preference for emotional stories that gradually build up relationships first.

Tentacles are not my thing, nor are rape/abuse-themed stories (I did not enjoy Virgin Roster/Shukketsubo).
__________________
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 13:06   Link #277
Bullsquat
Strange Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
I'm a Catholic Christian, and as you can see, I live in Belgium.

I don't have any problem with sex. However, I view it as a part of love, and not something made just for what people would call 'fun'. For me, sex is intended for two people who love each other, but not necessarily to give birth to offspring.

A member of Peach Princess' BBS explained it pretty well.
Sex in a relationship is like a table with many groceries, meat, fruits, etc.
Sex just for the sex is like taking a burger from a table and taking off.

I don't know what stem cell research is, though. But I can share my views about such kind of research. I view research on DNA and cloning as unethical. Why? Because we're not God. We shouldn't manipulate life. However, I'm mostly against it because I fear of abuse of this research.
Many people wouldn't want a child that isn't, to their standards, normal. They would abort it.
I'm autistic, in the form of Asperger's Syndrome. Many people would abort their child if it had this. It's just not right. We're people too, and we can function normally, but we are 'different'. This all goes back to the argument that people should learn to accept people that are different from themselves.

I'm not against abortion. It's the women's right to choose. Besides, what people forget, is thinking about the child. HOW would YOU FEEL if you got to know that you were unwanted?! It would most likely scar you for life. Or that you were given birth by a rapist? (I'm aware that in this case, they do support abortion. Tsk tsk, double standards...)

---

About Hitomi - My stepsister

This is a dark game. Still, it's currently one of the best dark games available, from what I hear. The story is believable, has a good story, and there's no ugly stuff like S&M like it that would put people off.

Remember, don't rate a game just on its graphics...

---

About Hourglass of Summer

Actually, the original game is console bishoujo game that debuted on either the Dreamcast or the PS2, and had no H-scenes. The game was later ported to the PC, and H-scenes were added. However, that version was harshly criticised by fans, because they felt that the H-scenes didn't fit in the story's mood.
Wow, are you sure you weren't at the presidential debate? Pretty deep stuff there.

Anyway, I was about to hit the 'add to cart' button for Hitomi - Stepsister when I read your post and you mentioned that this game is quite dark. So again I googled around a little longer to make sure that I know what I'm doing. As I was browsing, I found more CG pictures of the game and *gasp* two of them are threesome scenes. One of them is a mother and daughter sex scene. So now I'm wondering if you can be more specific as to how dark this game really is. Unless it's in the same vein as something like crescendo, I'll prolly be retreating my wallet back to my pocket.
__________________
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 13:42   Link #278
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Wow, are you sure you weren't at the presidential debate? Pretty deep stuff there.
Don't worry, he can also do very interesting reply like 'sick' (wonder how is it interesting, but whatever :P)

Quote:
and another reason why hentai sux!
Would you tell us the reason? I can't find out what's wrong about that part, maybe you might want to give us a more detailed reply, instead of saying something that is 'I don't like hentai, so it sux!!!11oneonenarutard!!!111'.
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 16:40   Link #279
Zero Murasame
Me+AK-74= UNSTOPPABLE
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DERPY DERP DEERP
Because that person said more people did not loike it wit the hentai scenes.
Zero Murasame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 16:41   Link #280
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brunei
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
About Hourglass of Summer

Actually, the original game is console bishoujo game that debuted on either the Dreamcast or the PS2, and had no H-scenes. The game was later ported to the PC, and H-scenes were added. However, that version was harshly criticised by fans, because they felt that the H-scenes didn't fit in the story's mood.
Are you sure? It's usually the case when a good H-game being de-sexed and ported to consoles. Natsuna is originally developed by Berries, then Princess Soft acquired their license to port them to DC & PS2.

I may be wrong though, seeming that the PC version of Natsuna has this "For Windows" label added, quite rare for H-games to have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Murasame
Because that person said more people did not loike it wit the hentai scenes.
You don't understand the real statement, do you? Natsuna/Hourglass of Summer has a very sad storyline, it's up there with the likes of Kana and Kiminozo. Having hentai scenes in a depressing H-game when the original doesn't, makes people favour the original one.
__________________
AzureLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.