AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-24, 05:13   Link #3281
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Strange, I just checked my Crescendo copy and it worked fine without XP mode and any errors. I'll try it on my home computer later which has also Win7.

Anyway, done with Little Busters!. I'll update my post on its thread with a few details, so I keep it short here. Rin's endings were meh. True route was generally nice, but had at least one too absurd part in order to perform a miracle.
Romance-wise in terms of sweet to "disappointing": Kud > Komari = Haruka > Mio > Kurugaya > Rin
Route-wise: Komari > Kud > Rin 2 > Haruka = Mio > Kurugaya.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 05:57   Link #3282
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Just finished Yoriko's route in DamaMuko
Welcome to the club. You deserve a cookie for coming through that particular hell training.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 06:03   Link #3283
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I really hate to ask this but do some eroge have problems with Windows 7? Recently I have installed Crescendo in my laptop which had Windows 7 and there's an error. Its music cannot be played and if I try to, it crashed the game itself. I dunno if the files were corrupted(I used virtual CD files to install and play it, similar to AlcoholSoft for example). Crescendo is not alone. Do You Like Horny Bunnies and Hitomi My Stepsister also had same problem as well.

The only eroge that have no problem with Windows 7(at least in my own laptop) is Yume Miru Kusuri, which had no errors regarding its music file. However this can be explained that unlike all eroge I mentioned above, YMK was installed from a real DVD(I got from a friend and he copied it illegally. Just don't ask me how) rather than virtual CD files.

This could be my own problem but I just don't know how to tackle it.
I know that some of August-Soft's older games can't work with Win 7. I know my copy of Yoake can't. But in August's case, they have a patch which can be downloaded with an original serial no. Though I'm too lazy to try. It's unlikely I'm going to replay it on my new PC anyway.

For Mahou and Kameruka's difference, it could be Mahou is using 32-bit Win 7 and Kameruka is using 64-bit Win 7. (just guessing).
Old 2012-02-24, 06:18   Link #3284
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Welcome to the club. You deserve a cookie for coming through that particular hell training.
A fellow survivor! And here I thought no one else besides me made it out ... ! *sinks to his knees with tears of happiness streaming down the face*

On a more serious note, assuming you have played through the other routes as well, could you offer a little bit of insight on them ? Or more specifically, a warning if they happen to be just as bad, so I can avoid them with my sanity intact. I'd seriously prefer not to experience the level of writing presented in Yoriko's route in near future.

I was thinking of trying Kotori's route next, as she feels like the most "safe" option from the ones I have left, with everyone else being either pompous brats (Rin, Reona) or creepy (Yurie). Then again I thought one couldn't go wrong with Yoriko either, and look how that ended up, so as harmless as Kotori looks now, who knows what's liable to happen in her route

Yurie interests me from the "mystery" perspective, with the weird things surrounding her past and all, but I don't really like her personality, nor do I really condone how she has been "using" *ahem* Naoki every now and then.

Rin and Reona I still want to stay completely away from though: these two self-centered brats seem more interested in their respective ego stroking through the contest than anything else, and each time either of them does something genuinely nice is quickly overshadowed by the next obnoxious stunt they pull. Bleh. Although Reona did score some respect points with me for how she handled Haruka's and Naoki's relationship at the very end of Haruka's route, so I suppose she isn't a completely lost cause ... just mostly.
Old 2012-02-24, 23:48   Link #3285
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
*sigh* played too many Japanese visual novels. Forgot to look on what was going to be translated

Updated News: The translation group for Yosuga no Sora has finished kicking out some slackers. While getting some new ones and is proceeding to release a patch sometime soon I believe.

3/2 - MangaGamer is scheduled to release Deardrops in English Version.

3/18 - Scheduled date where Staircase Subs finally releases Hoshizora no Memoria.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 08:27   Link #3286
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Short update about the Crescendo issue: I installed it today on my Win7 (64 bit) home computer to see if there were problems with it. It runs as it should with no sound or voice problems. Ironically when choosing whether to want it in your start menu folder or not I *had* to uncheck the option or else the installation would show an error and be canceled .

Quote:
3/18 - Scheduled date where Staircase Subs finally releases Hoshizora no Memoria.
I'm looking forward to this one even if only for Komomo's route as a prime reason .
Old 2012-02-25, 12:08   Link #3287
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

They're not exactly done with the entire VN. I believe it's a 40% patch maybe? Or maybe they did bum-rush everything.
Old 2012-02-26, 13:24   Link #3288
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Finished Yukina's route in Nursery Rhyme.
Uhm ... what can I say so far: The VN seemed very calm and without girls who are over the top in love with Shizuma and this part helps to overlook him being dense (under the common premise that he did not have any female friends before and of course no girlfriend yet). There aren't any high-paced moments, but rather a down-to-earth school life ignoring the different race mix and magic approaches. Still, the characters are likeable and Kururu is very cute .
In Yukina's route was really only one moment where the donkan moment was lol-worthy "The apron looks good on you" - "I'm a bit surprised" - "Huh? Did you see a cockroach in the kitchen?"
BUT, the drama in Yukina's route was annoying. Sure, it was realistic in how it started, but it felt slow-paced and - dunno - boring(?).
To sum it up: Where the heck were my lovey-dovey moments!?
-> Disclaimer: I only played Diamic Days among the other Lump of Sugar VNs.
Old 2012-02-26, 14:01   Link #3289
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Nursery Rhyme is a bit of a funny game to be playing now, because it feels very out-dated compared to modern games, and in a lot of ways feels like a prototype for some of their future works. It actually reminds me a fair bit of Shuffle in the sense that it's got good characters and neat ideas, but suffers a bit in the execution. Still, though, it's not a long game, so there's no harm in playing it. It also happens to have really really catchy OP and ED themes.
Old 2012-02-26, 14:24   Link #3290
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

That OP has cursed me for years...
Old 2012-02-27, 08:49   Link #3291
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida Send a message via Skype™ to johnishida
Finished Corona. Overall, I liked the game even though I was expecting something else from the plot which lacked depth to the very end.

This game could use / needs a FD since there is a few of unresolved stuff and side-character deserve proper routes.

Spoiler for Comments on the game:

Now, what to play next...
Old 2012-02-27, 16:20   Link #3292
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Nursery Rhyme is a bit of a funny game to be playing now, because it feels very out-dated compared to modern games, and in a lot of ways feels like a prototype for some of their future works. It actually reminds me a fair bit of Shuffle in the sense that it's got good characters and neat ideas, but suffers a bit in the execution. Still, though, it's not a long game, so there's no harm in playing it. It also happens to have really really catchy OP and ED themes.
Pretty much. I started to play it because I have recently read about it on a blog without paying attention to release date or other information . I try almost everything that has at least an okay-ish art and sounds entertaining, that's why my "currently completed" posts are heavily mixed between "old" and new VNs ^^.

Anyway, instead of playing Sakura Strasse as I decided sooo often before, I actually ventured again into Sugirly Wish. Yeah I'm aware it's - even among the character-ge and/or moe-ge's - a quite "boring" title. Nontheless, Akane's route has been very sweet so far. A confession that happens before chapter 12+? Yatta. A route where Junpei isn't so clueless and dense that you feel to slap him through the screen? Too good to be true *lol*.
It seems as hooksoft enjoys to make their protagonists as dense as possible because Seitarou of Strawberry Nauts was not better. Fortunately Lover Able's main lead is much more enjoyable while the VN still maintains all the raburabu moments up to the end PLUS it starts relatively early in the character route chapter.
Old 2012-02-27, 16:34   Link #3293
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
MGQ2 is 70%... 30% TO GO!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 15:31   Link #3294
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I finished somehow Karin's route in Sakura Strasse ... I don't know if I should feel angry, depressed, sad, utterly speechless, shocked, disappointed or file it as a "You should have expected it" phenomena. Maybe the worst osananajimi route I've played so far, heck even the very few funny moments in it didn't make up for it. Damn you Hareten team X_X.
At least I liked the OST ...
Old 2012-02-29, 07:31   Link #3295
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

I've stopped playing Visual Novels now, but I'll still be around for information.
Old 2012-02-29, 16:56   Link #3296
Soviet

Finished Meikyuu. The cliffhanger at the end of the Grand Route was just...evil. Grisaia no Rakuen seems so far away, this will drive me crazy for a while.
And I can't believe how good Michiru's after-story was, it's like 90% of everything that comes out of her mouth is just pure comedy gold. She's an adorable and hilarious dumbass, a total miracle of the universe. Seriously.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 22:35   Link #3297
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Finished Meikyuu. The cliffhanger at the end of the Grand Route was just...evil. Grisaia no Rakuen seems so far away, this will drive me crazy for a while.
And I can't believe how good Michiru's after-story was, it's like 90% of everything that comes out of her mouth is just pure comedy gold. She's an adorable and hilarious dumbass, a total miracle of the universe. Seriously.
Grisaia seems like it's really good....what's the genre in brief? Espionage?
Old 2012-03-01, 00:23   Link #3298
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Grisaia seems like it's really good....what's the genre in brief? Espionage?
Well, the protagonist DOES work as a Special Agent / Super Long Distance Sniper for a Japanese intelligence agency but that doesn't really mean that this is James Bond: The VN.

Grisaia no Kajitsu is more about Yuuji trying to experience a somewhat "normal" Highschool-life with a bunch of not so normal heroines. The common route is 100% comedy while the individual heroine-routes are about Yuuji trying to fix these broken girls.

Grisaia no Meikyuu contains After-stories for the heroines and the story of Yuuji's past, explaining how he ended up working as an anti-terror agent for the government.

It's the characters and dialogue that make Grisaia so good. A protag who is as far from hetare/dense/useless as a human male can possibly be interacting with rather...unique heroines, coupled with unusually crass humor and writing that is several notches above your usual moege makes for a very entertaining reading experience. There's really nothing quite like it.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 08:16   Link #3299
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

I see....thanks....shall start playing when I'm done with WA2....
Old 2012-03-02, 08:35   Link #3300
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Grisaia no Kajitsu is more about Yuuji trying to experience a somewhat "normal" Highschool-life with a bunch of not so normal heroines. The common route is 100% comedy while the individual heroine-routes are about Yuuji trying to fix these broken girls.

It's the characters and dialogue that make Grisaia so good. A protag who is as far from hetare/dense/useless as a human male can possibly be interacting with rather...unique heroines, coupled with unusually crass humor and writing that is several notches above your usual moege makes for a very entertaining reading experience. There's really nothing quite like it.
Even though I will probably stay far, far away from it due to my earlier mentioned preferance, how is the drama in the individual routes or rather how fast will it be resolved? I know from a spoiler review that the drama seems on the heavier or darker side + the CGs had a few images to underline it (more or less). Just being curious.

/continues to enojy the 0815-drama and ligh-hearted VNs

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel