AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2012-03-29, 05:13   Link #3361
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

So for reasons that are beyond my own awareness, I decided to play Tsukumo no Tsuki. And uhm ... I'm at loss to what to say about it. The story writing seems from the bits I have understood somehow messy. Tsukumo's route was veeeery strange, if not even straight awkward in a sense. Her drama and supernatural element were not really to my liking and I prefer Maya definitely over her (without having played her path, yet).
I hoped that Akane's route would turn out to be somewhat normal, but so far it's heading also towards the supernatural element direction =/.

The good aspect? The OST is nice, no doubt about it. And the cast itself is mostly likeable, even though I couldn't really warm up to Tsukumo.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 10:07   Link #3362
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenken View Post
Well I finished Kajiri Kamui Kagura, it's just awesome (the only way I can describe it), and another detail..... is just me or KKK is more like a shounen manga than Dies Irae? Not that is bad thing, I think is great.

I going to buy the ost.

Anyway, somebody knows if the KKK artbook has some new ilustrations or better yet, some character sketchs/character designs?
Dies has a darker atmosphere than KKK yes but well....characterwise...I wouldn't say that the quicksilver serpent is darker than me...

I'm more interested in knowing if Masada is going to expand the story in Amantes Amentes
Old 2012-03-29, 12:17   Link #3363
Zenken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Dies has a darker atmosphere than KKK yes but well....characterwise...I wouldn't say that the quicksilver serpent is darker than me...

I'm more interested in knowing if Masada is going to expand the story in Amantes Amentes

I heard in 4chan that Amantes Amentes is just more like a fix version of Acta est Fabula. I mean, Amantes Amentes is going to include the CD dramas, you know, Verfaulen segen and the epilogue of Rea's route now with CGs. Things that can be seen in the OP.

And Masada confirmed that he is rewriting the final fight in Rea's route too, to make it more long and flashy. Some thinks that maybe...just maybe he make some bad end for Marie's route, which connects DI with KKK.

And.....yeah Dairokuten, nobody is more darker than you, too much sun?
Zenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 19:01   Link #3364
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Well I was hoping for games focusing on the earlier Thrones...like that crazy bitch Daiichiten or how the quicksilver one overthrew Satanel.

It isn't sun....just the inherent superiority of my form over everything else. So superior that all the multiverses of creation can just go rot in oblivion compared to it.
Old 2012-03-30, 02:18   Link #3365
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない

The after story for Marie's route has been confirmed. This is my opera after all, you think she'll be off the spot light?
Hajun is going down of course, I'll retcon KKK out of reality if I have to.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 05:04   Link #3366
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

HAHAHAHAH

Keep dreaming Cogliostro....This is one musical where the one taking over the stage is ME

If it's Marie's bad end I want to see you, your substitute and your golden partner's faces as I crush the dusk Throne....

And if you somehow rewind the timeline to one where you can implausibly escape from me....that's just running away like a coward and a mere delaying of the inevitable

Still don't know why my accursed tumor is rated lower on the powerscale than you three though....I can't believe I actually got replaced by that damned thing which is supposedly lesser compared to you all whom I so effortlessly smashed

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-03-30 at 05:33.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:13   Link #3367
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent

So I've been playing a bit of "Your Diary".

At first I thought this would be a moe-ge where everyone goes happy all the time, but there's been some hint that there could be a bit of drama too.

Kantoku's art is cute as usual. I wonder how many scenes the heroines would have...

Btw, does anybody know if Yuzusoft is making a new game? the last one I played was Noble Works.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:26   Link #3368
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw, does anybody know if Yuzusoft is making a new game? the last one I played was Noble Works.
Not only are they making a new game, but it was just released today (yesterday). The game is called Dracu-Riot!. I should be receiving my copy in the mail in the coming week, so quite looking forward to it (though, to me, I suspect I still might prefer Noble Works for its theme... but we'll see).
Old 2012-03-30, 17:46   Link #3369
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
So I've been playing a bit of "Your Diary".

At first I thought this would be a moe-ge where everyone goes happy all the time, but there's been some hint that there could be a bit of drama too.

Kantoku's art is cute as usual. I wonder how many scenes the heroines would have...

Your dairy has the usual amout of h-scenes, I assume. And of course, each character route has its share of drama. Some is decent enough, while in other case(s) it was tiresome in terms of lovey-dovey : drama share ratio .

So far, two routes done in Concerto Note and I haven grown to quite like applique-softs VNs. The reliance on the flowchart system is a nice idea, even though if you have so much time as I have on hand, you need hardly to use the saveslots . With my trustworthy walthrough available, I move straight to the good end anyways ...
Anyway, Wakana's route was well enough. Her drama was kept to a very tolerable level and was more based around her softball activity instead of "emo overload". The usual deal of MC realizing his true feelings, etc felt a bit too long dragged out, though.
Shirayuki's route was overall quite cute and her drama was really touching. I actually expected some kind of meeting/confrotation between Shinya and her father (+ the option to b!tchslap him), but that did not happen. The poor girl suffered from an unpleasant past and it was moving how in the end the relationship between Mariko and her grew somewhat better + her reunion with Shinya . Definitely a character who deservered her happy end very much.
Old 2012-03-30, 20:54   Link #3370
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
HAHAHAHAH
Still don't know why my accursed tumor is rated lower on the powerscale than you three though....I can't believe I actually got replaced by that damned thing which is supposedly lesser compared to you all whom I so effortlessly smashed
Over half of the credit of beating you goes to Bey. Shame Hajun, you got a hole on yourself because of Bey among all people.
You cannot imagine how outrageous is the entirety of the Roundtable rightnow. A clean and pretty Bey is not Bey. A world saving Bey is the nonsense of nonsenses. We well not tolerate this, his existence will be denied!! Ahahaha, more reason for me to retcon KKK out of existence!!

Last edited by shmaster; 2012-03-30 at 22:19.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 21:08   Link #3371
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

If anything it just means that Bey is worth more than you....he did what you could not.
Old 2012-03-31, 16:58   Link #3372
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Done with Concerto Note! Fitting and beautiful OST, a for me great cast and a nice story. Rito's route as the true ending was an interesting finishing touch. Unfortunately, her route lacked in the romance department, yet I'm aware that how it developed is consistent with her character traits (a mutual donkan relationship). There were a few hasty parts as well + something I wished that would have be adressed in the end, but that's in comparion smaller details. And while in that regard the individual romance wasn't that well developed post-confession, I can forgive this point because the VN had quite many funny moments. The descriptive writing can be a blessing or a curse depending on the degree of jp. knowledge

Personally, I'm also simply a big fanboy of "true endings" with a set pairing so this was an additional plus point. After my dose of sleep I will bring myself to finish Tsukumo no Tsuki as only Maya's route remains. And as expected both Akane and the Miko-san's route were much more tolerable than Tsukumo's. The latter was also one case where you wished for an option to slap her mother for being such a horrible existance ...
Old 2012-04-01, 03:44   Link #3373
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Anyone ever played VenusBlood games? How were they?
Haven't play the old ones, but VenusBlood is pretty much tentacles and game play. If you look for storyline, better avoid it.

I just finished 真夏の夜の雪物語 -MIDSUMMER SNOW NIGHT-. it has a real good storyline, although the gensou chapter is really heart breaking. It's also quite unique that you can choose your route from the start. Each heroine has three chapters; Genjitsu, Gensou and after. With exception on Yukina who has only two, and it will unlock after you finished the three gensou chapter.
The genjitsu chapter focus on the relation between MC and heriones, Gensou about their secret and the after chapter is a sweet happy ending that takes after the gensou chapter.
Yukina's shinsou chapter is more about the secret about the town and why she's doing the things in the genjitsu and gensou chapter and the after chapter is also a sweet happy ending.

I don't want to spoil much about the story itself. The story itself is quite mysterious and don't want to spoil too much about it.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 06:57   Link #3374
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, I didn't expect much from VenusBlood anyway. Just thinking how fun it is to corrupt the cuties.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 09:18   Link #3375
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Not only are they making a new game, but it was just released today (yesterday). The game is called Dracu-Riot!. I should be receiving my copy in the mail in the coming week, so quite looking forward to it (though, to me, I suspect I still might prefer Noble Works for its theme... but we'll see).
Indeed, the theme of Dracu Riot didn't have all that much of an instant appeal to me either, but having played it for several hours just now, I can say it's steadily growing on me. (Which also means I have put Shinigami no Testament on hold currently ... I'm frustrated at myself for doing so, but I can't help it, seeing I'm quite the Yuzusoft fan).

The whole setting reminds me a lot of Dance in the Vampire Bund actually - with the whole special floating city-island built for the vampires and such, though it obviously isn't nearly as dark as that story. In fact, the first impressions were that Dracu Riot doesn't take itself all too seriously at all, despite the vampire theme and main character being turned in to one.

It has otherwise serious scenes layered with thick comedic presentation, the characters have their individual quirkiness factor dialed up to eleven, and the main doctor who is looking after Yuuto is completely gay for him, never missing an opportunity for more of his antics in winning Yuuto's heart In comparison, the cast of Noble Works wasn't quite as overdone (though I don't mean that in a bad light) as the one of Dracu Riot. While it certainly had it's own share of bizarre people, the overall feeling was more down to earth.

Though like I said, that's not really a complaint, and the cast has been steadily growing on me as I read on, which is certainly a nice feeling. As far as the main heroines go, Miu is becoming the one I like the most probably, which is a bit unexpected ... then again, I guess my assumptions on what her character was going to be like were a bit off.
Spoiler for First impressions about the characters, no specific story spoilers .... don't even know any yet:

So ... yeah. I had my doubts on how well the setting would appeal to me, but I'm steadily getting there. The character interactions are largely fun and the story is slowly picking up steam as well. I guess it's going to take a turn towards more serious sooner or later, given the theme, but I would be surprised if it ever went completely dark. At the very least, it doesn't feel like it takes itself as seriously as Empty x Embryo, for example.

Nothing bad to say about production values (the BGM seems a bit peculiar in terms of style at times, but I guess it fits the atmosphere they are trying to build) and I rather like what they are doing with character sprites - much like in Noble Works, they are decently "active" with frequently changing postures and facial expressions that reflect the flow of the conversation.

All in all, I'm quite happy with Dracu Riot thus far.
Old 2012-04-01, 09:54   Link #3376
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
New Yuzu? Thanks for the information....
Old 2012-04-01, 10:35   Link #3377
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@DracuXRiot

Personally, the OST is a bit getting-used-to, but the first impression of the VN was quite funny. Honestly, I don't have too much of high hopes about the main lead, but let's see ...

Spoiler for various, to be safe:

Quote:
I just finished 真夏の夜の雪物語 -MIDSUMMER SNOW NIGHT-. it has a real good storyline, although the gensou chapter is really heart breaking. It's also quite unique that you can choose your route from the start. Each heroine has three chapters; Genjitsu, Gensou and after. With exception on Yukina who has only two, and it will unlock after you finished the three gensou chapter.
The genjitsu chapter focus on the relation between MC and heriones, Gensou about their secret and the after chapter is a sweet happy ending that takes after the gensou chapter.
Yukina's shinsou chapter is more about the secret about the town and why she's doing the things in the genjitsu and gensou chapter and the after chapter is also a sweet happy ending.
After I finished Mana and Nozomi's chapters I was in dire need of their happy after stories . That is not to say the other's didn't derserve their respective ones, but Mana and Nozomi left the "deepest" impression in that regard.
Old 2012-04-01, 10:52   Link #3378
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
@DracuXRiot

Personally, the OST is a bit getting-used-to, but the first impression of the VN was quite funny. Honestly, I don't have too much of high hopes about the main lead, but let's see ...
Thus far Yuuto hasn't really done anything to distinguish himself from the typical male lead mold - The "straight guy" stance on most of the perverted stuff, generally kind and helps those in need, easily accepts his new circumstances, etc, so you could say I am neutral about him. The big question is, how will he handle romance when I get to a part where that actually takes front stage. Is it naive for me to hope he will display above rock-levels of sensitivity on the matter ? (As far as I remember Noble Works, the guy wasn't half bad there).

Quote:
Spoiler for various, to be safe:
Old 2012-04-01, 18:23   Link #3379
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
Thus far Yuuto hasn't really done anything to distinguish himself from the typical male lead mold - The "straight guy" stance on most of the perverted stuff, generally kind and helps those in need, easily accepts his new circumstances, etc, so you could say I am neutral about him. The big question is, how will he handle romance when I get to a part where that actually takes front stage. Is it naive for me to hope he will display above rock-levels of sensitivity on the matter ? (As far as I remember Noble Works, the guy wasn't half bad there).
From what I've seen so far, his dokan degree might be a case-by-case scenario. I orginally intended to progress in each route up to the confession moment, but found myself completeing Erina's route instead (after I temporarily stopped Miu's route post h-scene 1) . I liked her route very much; the serious parts of her route were kept quite captivating for me, while keeping Erina's erotic talk in the carefree moments.

As for rock-levels of sensity: I can at least suggest to be on guard in Miu's route pre-confession .
Main prota trait #2: Knowing how to say something that moves the girl's heart greatly without realizing the romantic level of it
Old 2012-04-02, 01:40   Link #3380
hyl
zomg

It's not a surprise for me that most people who have read Dracu-Riot seem to favor Miu and Elina.
So far (I am not that far) my initial impressions haven't changed that much from the web trial, because I still think it's less than funny than I would have expected for a comedy but it still has it moments.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel