AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-19, 03:07   Link #3501
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
You know, I've been wondering

Do eroge companies have to pay a cut to the Yakuza?

I know that some AV companies do
I know that a lot of pachinko parlors do
I know that a big time legit mail delivery service once did, to make sure its business went on uninterrupted

what about ero anime and ero game companies?
You could ask that for ANY company really....why eroge in particular? If anything banks and other so called more "reputable" (yeah right) companies are more likely targets
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 06:58   Link #3502
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Yumiko's route is nice, though it's probably the weakest route in the game. It's like a less interesting version of Makina's route.
I assume weakest in terms of action/thrilling moments? After finishing her route this morning, I can agree on it.
Personally, I don't need really need mindblowing drama to deem a route as good/weak, but can understand your point clearly. It was like most plotting in the latter half was done in background, while the visible events focused on Yuuji and her daily life post-airplane escape together with portraying Yumiko's insecurties.
Amusement park visit was my personal non-drama highlight .

On to the next route. I think I'll save Sachi's route as my last route, although there's no special reason for it.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 11:15   Link #3503
Soviet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I assume weakest in terms of action/thrilling moments?
No, it's just that Yumiko's and Makina's routes are rather similar in their themes and presentation while every other route has a rather unique feel to it (Sachi's and Michiru's routes don't have any action).
I read Yumiko's last because she's the closest thing to a main heroine and was rather disappointed because it felt like reading a watered down Makina route.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 07:00   Link #3504
Aaerul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Release day today~

Yukiiro and D.C.III = YESSSSS
http://omochikaeri.wordpress.com/201...roge-releases/

There was one more game called 氷華の舞う空に (Hyouka no Mau Sora ni) not sure if it's good. I might try it.
__________________
エロゲ記事 eroge updates
visualnovelaer.wordpress.com
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 17:53   Link #3505
Sobonok
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dead Man's Isle
Age: 18
Glad to hear D.C.III's release date. Been waiting for this for quite awhile. Also looking forward to "Mahoutsukai no Yoru -Witch on the Holy Night-"
Sobonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 04:40   Link #3506
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
The Da Capo 3 CGs I've seen in some blogs look very nice for me, but I must still resist until the english version is out X_X despite that no eta has been given yet.

In the meantime I'm really enjoying Cafe Sourire. The MC's density is very tolerable in it and the mostly warm atmosphere is totally my preference. Kyoko's nice and cute personality once she regains it is quite smile-provoking on "every" situation in her route (my first playthrough obviously). Athough it may be futile to hope for, I wouldn't mind if her route kept its current degree of lightheartness. Though, the core reason for her ending up in the MC's family has yet to be digged out
With a total of 3 girl-osananajimi it seems quite more than usually. I haven't quite warmed up to Serika, but hopefully this will change a bit on her route.

And I might also check out Ore no Kanojo no Uraomote. Even though the story synopsis doesn't sound that spectacular, I like the artwork. And if the characters are likeable enough and/or the main's density will be evened out with enough icha-icha and loveydovey later on, I won't really mind a boring story.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 19:33   Link #3507
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Natsuyume Nagisa ended quite depressing (more so than HatsuSaku), but overall i seem to like Hatsuyuki Sakura more because of the characters and their stories. In NatsuYume Tsukasa's story felt short and it was probably the weakest story and Haruka's story reminded me of Clannad . In my opinion Hitsuji and Ayumu (for being the main heroine who had the longest and most developed story of all the characters) had the best stories. I can't say that i liked Maki's story that much but it was essential for the true end.
Also NatsuYume felt much more serious than HatsuSaku, which had a slightly better balance of humour, mystery, romance and drama for me.

But in the end i still think it's an excellent game, but too bad the main script writer Niijima Yuu from both games has left sagaplanets. Maybe it's way too early to say this but I don't think that i will be expecting something as good as those 2 games from Sagaplanets anymore after this.


Time for something less heavy after finishing another Nakige. I think i will postpone Da capo 3 for now, because i don't want to wreck myself if there is also something depressing.
I probably should check out Hoshikaka AA, but i don't think it will be any good (to be honest i didn't liked the original Hoshikake that much)but atleast i am pretty sure that there is nothing depressing in it.


edit: .................................................. ..........................
It is a fandisc from an eroge that i already found average, so i never had high expectations. However it was much worse than i would have expected.
From the start you can pick if you want to read the extra or "after" chapters for the heroines from the previous game or go for the new "another"story with the 3 new characters.
I started with the extra chapters and i find all of them pretty average/bad and they are way too short (if you ignore the H-scenes, some are less than 30 minutes ). Also I have no idea why there was even a need for a Kasane route..
There is also another cameo from Minato and Junichi (from Akasaka), but that one was also short and underdeveloped story just like the others.
So the only reason for reading the extra chapters seems to be solely for the H-scenes, which was never my intention. Some of the extra chapters like Madoka's and Kasane's had multiple H-scenes, while others like Hina and Ibuki had just 1.
As for the art, it is still pretty inconsistent just like the first Hoshikaka.

Let's hope that the Senka, Seira and Yocchan (another Akasaka cameo >_>') routes are better.

another edit: After going to the Hoshikaka AA website (for the first time) i noticed that the pseudonym for よっちゃん is Yocchan but written in romanji.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-05-02 at 11:04.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:20   Link #3508
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
I think Seira's story is probably on par with Madoka's original route as the best (in other words, only good ones) in Hoshikaka. There's actual development and her dere is killer. It's also refreshing to have a blonde that isn't a violent tsundere.

Also happy that Minato stayed with her niisan and didn't get NTRed by Kazuma.

Kasane route exists for people like me lol.
__________________
Micchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 01:34   Link #3509
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
I finished 3/4 routes of Cafe Sourire
I loved Kyouko's route as well as the girl herself. And I was glad that her drama got cleared relatively quickly (or it felt so), but this was good as it started at a very bad point in time ingame-wise.
Serika was okay-ish. The actual romance started for my taste way too late and the first h-scene happend in that way before the former even started. This gave her route a rather strange/getting-used-to feeling. But, I could understand the drama around the tsundere-inlove + sudden family "merger" and its consequences in that regard.
Kasumi ... . Could have been much more tolerable. I liked her character overall, but pre-confession anxiety + post-confession drama were not really my liking >_<.

It was also unfortunate that Shinichi's guilty feelings towards Kyouko from back when they had been kids were never mentioned again in the latter two routes. Heck, it was the main reason of why he was generally so unhappy up to neutral. One (obvious) reason more why Kyouko's route could easily be considered as canon.

Ore no kanojo no uraomote: The art is nice, the music is enjoyable. The characters sadly can be hit-or-miss.
I haven't completed a route yet: Akeno > Natsuki >>>> Miyabi.
Akeno, the blood-related sis, and her huuuuge brocon was done quite lovely and her final confession with all her built-up and oppressed emotions up to this point was for me very good. One of the best real-bro-sis confessions. BUT, the following h-scene right away was poorly, poorly executed.
In strong contrast Miyabi: I don't really mind two-faced characters, but in her case it hurt her character more than it did good for me. The good: Her short narration of how the dense-and-stupid MC has grown more and more important to her + her how-to-confess troubles were enjoyable.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 16:50   Link #3510
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
I think Seira's story is probably on par with Madoka's original route as the best (in other words, only good ones) in Hoshikaka. There's actual development and her dere is killer. It's also refreshing to have a blonde that isn't a violent tsundere.

Also happy that Minato stayed with her niisan and didn't get NTRed by Kazuma.

Kasane route exists for people like me lol.
So far, Seira's route does seem promising. Eventhough i have problems believing that she is the same age as Ayumu.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 21:01   Link #3511
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
OT question....has erogamescape now blocked outsiders now too? I haven't been on in a while and now it won't connect.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 22:25   Link #3512
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I was at the magazine section of the local barnes and noble and there was a magazine focused on games from Japan (stuff like Disgaea). I forgot what the magazine's called, but inside were a dual-page poster of My Girlfriend is the President and Eien no Aselia!
__________________
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 02:20   Link #3513
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
OT question....has erogamescape now blocked outsiders now too? I haven't been on in a while and now it won't connect.
WFM at the moment. That said, I have noticed they've had more downtime recently, including a bout that seemed to be a few days long a little while ago. Not sure if the problem is global or local, though.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 03:08   Link #3514
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
@Hoshizora AA: My memory of it was fuzzier than I thought. When I looked at the homepage and read the name "Yocchan" I was like "Who is Yocchan?" . Until I remembered vaguely her. Of course it didn't help that I didn't read Akasaka (planned it, but just kept it on my hdd without the "urge" to start).
Seira's character art reminds me of some other VN chara, but I cannot say who >_<.

Asides from Hoshikaka's rather boring storyline, I liked Ui quite much as in a close 2nd after Madoka-chan. It's a dang shame that Ui's ending was so terribad disappointing (from the few bits I can still remember). Fortunately the VN didn't leave that bad of an impression back then because I didn't know what to expect + I had just started to look deeper into the VNs availabe as a later starter of the genre

EDIT: And finished Cafe Sourire with Miyuri's route as the last. Overall Miyuri's route might be easily the 2nd best route. I found actually the tender moments between Shinichi and she pre-couple time more lovely and awesome than afterwards. The start-off of Miyuri's drama was the most drastic of all routes, but all in all it felt Cuff fit too much drama moments into the those part. Ignoring my usual complaining about dramas, a drawback was the offscreen-ecchi-as-escape-from-"reality" method. It didn't contribute to sweet koibito-moments as one might have thought. And while those few bits are bit unfortunate, I can overlook it because Miyuri was an awesome character to me.

Overall: Cafe Sourire may as well count to my favorite VNs in spite of its weak parts. Yes, the story is a rather normal slice of life type, but I was generally fine with it and the characters made more than up for it. Kyouko-chan alone was very, very worth it

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-05-04 at 17:33.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 08:36   Link #3515
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Hashikaka AA: Seira's route ended up ok, Seira was a likable character but the story was nothing special to make it great.
Seira's "after story" was pretty much like the others: minimal story and lot's of H-scenes, probably to make it up that she only had 1 of that scene in her route.

Hoshikaka AA is already feeling as a disappointment, even for someone who had little expectations. I will only read Yocchan's story and then ditch this eroge, because i was never interested in Senka.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 16:29   Link #3516
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Why didn't i order this month's comptiq? WHY!!



there is some information about pallete's new work "Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki" in it.

edit: lousy screenshot taken from the podcastlike nico nico livestream channel from pallete.
And the artist for this game should be obvious by now.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-05-07 at 16:51.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 16:41   Link #3517
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
All routes completed in Grisaia no Kajitsu.
Makina: Uhm, I can see why it received its positive opinions, but I still found other routes more enjoyable. Probably due to my different viewpoints.
Spoiler for Makina:


Michiru: I ended up loving her route quite much, but Yuuji was veeeeery annoying in the first half. I mean, he was told straight to the face that Michiru is geniunely in love with him, yet he still managed to ignore (or just didn't pay further attention?) it when they were alone for two weeks during summer break?
His solution to resolve her drama was uhm ... extreme, but effective .
Spoiler for Michiru:

Still, I was fine with how it was handled.

Sachi: A very emotional and strong route . The cruel strings of happenings in her past were quite harsh towards her (can without a doubt be said to any of the girl's traumas). It appeared as if Yuuji gave a stronger impression of being able to do anything here than in other routes. Her route contained good emotional-gripping moments and her ending/final drama conclusion was one of the strongest points of it. The interaction with Chibi-Sacchan and Chibi-Yuuji was also very adorable . Her epilogue was a bit lacking, but given that the previous events were greatly done that's easily forgivable.

In terms of epilogue, I prefered Amane and Yumiko's the most. Especially Amane's epilogue had a bitter-sweet end that gave a well-rounded closure to her extreme past and granted her finally all the happiness and relieve she deserved.
I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to handle the dramas without any real /facepalm moments, ignoring a few doubts of exaggeration here and there.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 16:53   Link #3518
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
So far I like the 3 character designs from Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki.






hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 17:15   Link #3519
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
So far I like the 3 character designs from Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki.
I love it too (and the cover of Comptiq) but I have to say that it's impossible for me to not see Mashiro-iro Symphony in those designs, even knowing it's the same designer. The main heroine with the red hair and that headband is like a cross between Sana + Miu, and the second heroine reminds me a lot of Airi with a different hairstyle. Doesn't the hairpiece the third character is wearing look a lot like Miu's hairpiece as well? Plus, the uniform is very similar. Well, not that I mind at all. Looking forward to the game (and I'll order the magazine).
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 17:20   Link #3520
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I had the same first impressions of the (main?) heroine resembling Sana and Miu a little.

Too bad they didn't reveal the names of any the heroines on the show (actually they revealed nothing except the designs), so the only thing we know is that the 3rd heroine is a miko (lol)

I stumbled on that stream thanks to pallete's twitterpage and i happened to have a premium niconico account to watch the show.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.