AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2006-08-18, 20:39   Link #461
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Ah! Don't let that mislead you. The games I review were the top candidates on the list for best games I've played so far this year. Being the top 5 out of 30+ odd games is pretty good score in itself so it's definitely on the recommend list~ ( ゚∀゚)b

It's kind of difficult to explain, but if you've played August-soft games before, Yoake Mae Yori Ruriirona will feel very nostalgic. The homey athmosphere, the surrealistic twist in the story, a past with lost memories, first encounters, sad farewells. These little nuances in the story give it the sort game that you would expect from August.

So play it! I have a feeling that you'll definitely enjoy it, especially Feena's story. Also, the animated version is coming soon this fall, so all the more better to play the actual game before seeing a hacked version of it! ゚∀゚)ノ
I wish ^^; I plan to read it, but that's a long way off considering I can't read it yet. Should make some good progress when I can dedicate most of my time to learning come September though... but until then I'll probably hold off watching the anime like I have with Hanihani. The designs look 'meh' and the story'll no doubt be crushed up too much though so I don't think it'll be any real loss. Thanks for the reassurance though Hanihani comes first of course, only read insani's demo but loved it, art, characters, music and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
I just started Braban. Pretty interesting. I haven't hit any mind-shattering story developments yet (of course, I'm still struggling to get AGTH working with this thing) but it's so far worth playing. Pretty cute characters. The focus on a school music group is one I haven't seen before.

I'm enjoying Happiness a lot more though. Everything just works in that particular game.
Wow, you actually got readable results out of AGTH? You have to share your secret sometime I've always wondered how some people seem to come out of a AGTHed game with a good understanding of it... unless you're just using it to hook the kanji to look up complicated ones on a PC dictionary I guess.

And as for Jun,
Spoiler for anyone who doesn't go to 4chan's /a/ regularly. If you do, you know this already:
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 21:54   Link #462
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

All I'm using is /c for Braban, but the problem is it takes each piece of dialogue and repeats it like..... god knows how many times.

Happiness, on the other hand, simply refuses to run when I try to hook AGTH on it.

As for understanding it, at the very least all the key words are typically translated properly. I can read most of hiragana, and can understand some of the spoken words, and I've come to memorize a few kanji that keep coming up again and again in these kinds of games.

But it's still pitiful knowledge compared to someone who really knows the thing.

Re. the Best list

Yep, I recognize a whole bunch of the games on there, mostly because they've all been animated. But being animated really is a good indicator of how good a game is. Happiness is getting animated too, so I felt compelled to try the game (and I agree).

But Cross Channel is supposed to be on that list but I don't see it. Maybe I just missed it somehow.
Old 2006-08-19, 00:27   Link #463
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Yep, I recognize a whole bunch of the games on there, mostly because they've all been animated. But being animated really is a good indicator of how good a game is. Happiness is getting animated too, so I felt compelled to try the game (and I agree).
Maybe not how good a game is, but how successful it is would be the indicator, no? (Though both are closely intertwined)

So many great games have yet to be animated, yet so many B titles do. How unfair is this world.... ´Д`)ノ

Quote:
But Cross Channel is supposed to be on that list but I don't see it. Maybe I just missed it somehow.
It's a pretty big list so it's easy to miss. btw, Cross†Channel is one of my past favorites.

Misa-chan!... ヽ(´∀`)ノ
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 08:10   Link #464
endofuniverse
hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Wow, you actually got readable results out of AGTH? You have to share your secret sometime I've always wondered how some people seem to come out of a AGTHed game with a good understanding of it... unless you're just using it to hook the kanji to look up complicated ones on a PC dictionary I guess.
AGTH is just text hooker, it's translation software's fault if the translated text is well, not understandable. In my experience little bit of knowledge of spoken japanese plus Fujitsu Atlas translation will give you good enough understanding of what's going on in the game, if the game is voiced that is.

Back on topic, after giving up on Muv Luv, started with Frontwing's Sora Uta and I'm liking that one much better.
endofuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 08:44   Link #465
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
OMG i can't belive i asked my bro...he's 20 years so...@_@ well he said is tick!tack!...i saw nerine-chan from there sometimes i bumbed into his room playing games sometimes he covered my eyes....
Old 2006-08-25, 02:46   Link #466
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

LOL at tea_servant's post.

To no in particular, Prism Ark was released very recently. Anyone have any idea whether it's any good?

The art looks insanely good.
Old 2006-08-25, 03:07   Link #467
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea_servant_1996
OMG i can't belive i asked my bro...he's 20 years so...@_@ well he said is tick!tack!...i saw nerine-chan from there sometimes i bumbed into his room playing games sometimes he covered my eyes....
Are you really 10 years old?

Wow.. a 10 year old posting in a hentai/ero game thread.. But I'm really suprised. I was pretty retarded when I was 10, I probably wouldn't know how to use the internet properly, post on a message board.. let alone have a sig and avatar.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 03:58   Link #468
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
To no in particular, Prism Ark was released very recently. Anyone have any idea whether it's any good?

The art looks insanely good.
You can always visit the official page, download the trial versions, and see for yourself.
http://www2.pajamas.ne.jp/prismark/index.html

I have played through all 5... 6(?) trial versions a while ago, which covered most of the early chapters. The biggest merit the game has is its atmosphere: it has a very unique story that doesn't bore you. The characters are all very unique and memorable as well. Of course, the art is top notch too, as expected of Pajamas Soft.

The only thing stopping my from buying it is the price: 12,800 yen (13,440 minus tax) for the "deluxe first-press edition" (there's no "regular edition" yet). Sure, you get a ton of bells and whistles, but for those of us who want to buy the game just for the game, we're out of luck for a while until they release a regular edition in the future.
Old 2006-08-25, 06:45   Link #469
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Are you really 10 years old?

Wow.. a 10 year old posting in a hentai/ero game thread.. But I'm really suprised. I was pretty retarded when I was 10, I probably wouldn't know how to use the internet properly, post on a message board.. let alone have a sig and avatar.
i'm REALLY at 10....
Old 2006-08-25, 08:07   Link #470
jackal777
~Bishoujo-Fetish~

whatttttttt.....teaser 1996 play H games XDDD....

my fave game is tsuyokiss....
jackal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 08:26   Link #471
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal777

my fave game is tsuyokiss....
Tsuyokiss is great ; )

Otome for the win Nagomi second : B
Old 2006-08-25, 08:32   Link #472
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Nanatsuiro Drops and Wasurenagusa for me, right now, along with Eien no Aselia!

Wow they're awesome.
Old 2006-08-25, 11:02   Link #473
jackal777
~Bishoujo-Fetish~

Quote:
Tsuyokiss is great ; )

Otome for the win Nagomi second : B
hehehe.....IMO erica is the best nagomi second too

ah Eien no Aselia is good...asoko no ona wa kawaiii XD
jackal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 22:33   Link #474
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal777
???i'm NOT.....

Quote:
thats what i wrote...
Old 2006-08-26, 02:27   Link #475
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Actually, since then, you can also add:

Tomodachi Ijou, Koibito Miman
Rance VI
Haru no Ashioto
Sorauta

to this year's favorite list
If kj1980 wouldn't mind, I really like to see your favorite list to be brought up to date XD
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 03:01   Link #476
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
???i'm NOT.....

thats what i wrote...
If I had a 10 year old sister who walks into my room when I'm playing an ero game, I'll cover her eyes and chase her out too. :x
Old 2006-08-26, 15:07   Link #477
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
If I had a 10 year old sister who walks into my room when I'm playing an ero game, I'll cover her eyes and chase her out too. :x
You have to master the art of alt-tabbing. And keeping something like Firefox opened to some innocuous page to which you can alt-tab to at the sound of the door. And headphones.

Embrace the way of the ero-game ninja.
Old 2006-08-26, 15:26   Link #478
arias

Quote:
You have to master the art of alt-tabbing. And keeping something like Firefox opened to some innocuous page to which you can alt-tab to at the sound of the door. And headphones.

Embrace the way of the ero-game ninja.
But what do you do with the tissue box?

Old 2006-08-26, 16:16   Link #479
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

Quote:
But what do you do with the tissue box?

You alt-tab the tissue box with.... err.... a dictionary!! (over your lap) Yes, open Firefox to some science page and claim you needed it to understand some hard words!

But to be a little serious, that's a bit too.....

This might be too much for our resident ten-year old but you don't necessarily have to stick it out of your pants to....you know what. Heh.
Old 2006-08-26, 16:38   Link #480
Shinova
ANGRY LOLI POWER
*Artist

Nevermind, I fixed the problem.

PS: Can anyone tell me what the difference between Happiness and Happiness: Re Lucks is?

Is the latter a sequel to the former or does it add a bunch of things to the original story? Underlying question being, should I play one or the other? Or both?

Last edited by Shinova; 2006-08-26 at 17:03.
Shinova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel