AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2006-10-25, 17:55   Link #661
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsukibun View Post
Not much interesting to me has come out since Muvluv Alt and Scarlett. And, with long-established houses like F&C, Overflow and Leaf releasing kusoge- "land mines" of various types like Pia Carrot GO, Summer Days and Full Ani
Speaking of which, Overflow has recently released the "renewed" version of Summer Days that's apparantly all fixed up.

...That's nice (flat tone).

Quote:
I thought Higurashi was just some horror game (Uso da!), but thanks to all the info you've posted, I see that it's the latest in the long line of fix-the-broken-reality stories like Chrono Trigger/Cross, Air, Cross Channel, etc. Which makes it more interesting to me than any ero-game released this year.
Hurry up and buy the game, read through it, and then you help us translate the Matsuribayashi-hen puzzle pieces! (そっちかよ

Quote:
That, after Amazon Japan had really strangled their exportable products listings to the extent that Amazon is nearly useless to import manga/anime/game/figure fans ("no export of Pinky St figures"? WTF?).
As far as I can remember, Amazon Japan has never offered oversea shippings for their softwares (including eroges) and toys (including figures). Did they offer those in the past?

Recently, they have restricted shipping of all items (such as books or magazines) that are designated 18+ as well. (Although you can still buy those from Mangaoh)

Quote:
It seems there are many more killjoys trying to eliminate foreign interest in Japanese products, even as KyoAni series like Air and Suzumiya Haruhi go unlicensed. No Japanese television station is yet legitimately available to American cable and satellite subscribers despite a crackdown on "pirated" YouTube uploads. The chances that non-Japanese gamers will ever see "moe~ games (Kanon, Kiminozo, Fate and Higurashi) make it in the U.S." has now dropped below even the lowered expectations indicated by sales of the English Crescendo and Ever 17.
This link contains some discussion related to that topic (in Japanese):
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/ceena/20061006/1160133896
(the linked articles might make an interesting read too)

Personally, I think eroges is just one of those things that'll never be successfully localized in other countries (it loses "something" when it's translated). Interested people will have to make the effort to approach it themselves rather than wait for it to approach them.

====================================
Good news for Neko fans, the staff members of Nekoneko Soft has decided to start over once again with the creation of a new brand, Cotton Soft!
http://cotton-soft.com/
(Kataoka-san's comment on it in the MMR diary: http://cgi.din.or.jp/~nekoneko/cgi-bin/nikki/nikki.cgi)

Honestly, mixed feelings here. Give me back my closure.
Seriously though, I'm glad they made it back. Here's hoping their new brand will live a long and prosperous life.
Old 2006-10-25, 23:22   Link #662
satsukibun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Speaking of past ero-games after a few months of putting it off I just completed Pia Carrot GO the other day and here I am finding out that it was a kusoge??? What was so wrong with Pia Carrot GO that made it receive this label?
It's too "old-school"? I seem to recall many negative reviews of it ("uninteresting") as compared to To Heart 2, Da Capo 2, etc., such as "they must be trying to kill the Pia franchise with this". I don't know, I think even a well-regarded older game like Chocola Maid Cafe is kind of "tedious" nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
But now it appears that You can't import from Amazon Japan anymore?
Sorry, maybe I exaggerated a bit due to the thread subject. Regular manga is still available but not worth the shipping. But other "otaku items" are much less available than before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
As far as I can remember, Amazon Japan has never offered oversea shippings for their softwares (including eroges) and toys (including figures). Did they offer those in the past?
I'm pretty sure that I bought some Nintendo games/cartridges, Pinky St, eroge visual fanbooks/artbooks and Dengeki Hime from them in the past.
satsukibun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 13:39   Link #663
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Good news for Neko fans, the staff members of Nekoneko Soft has decided to start over once again with the creation of a new brand, Cotton Soft!
(Kataoka-san's comment on it in the MMR diary: http://cgi.din.or.jp/~nekoneko/cgi-bin/nikki/nikki.cgi)

Seriously though, I'm glad they made it back. Here's hoping their new brand will live a long and prosperous life.
That's pretty good news, but I wonder how long they will last...
Old 2006-10-27, 01:37   Link #664
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
====================================

Continue to make games along the lines of "gin'iro", "red - aka" and they will have my underlying love...

I wonder when is the due date for narcissu side 2nd, hmm...
Old 2006-10-27, 03:37   Link #665
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
Continue to make games along the lines of "gin'iro", "red - aka" and they will have my underlying love...

I wonder when is the due date for narcissu side 2nd, hmm...
Yeah, the unfortunate thing is that Kataoka Tomo-san won't be actively involved in the new company though.

Although he did say he'll still help out if needed. They still live in the same building anyway.

As for narcissu, a progress update is due on the main site today:
http://stage-nana.sakura.ne.jp/

There should be some bgm samples up too.
Old 2006-10-27, 04:22   Link #666
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Recently, they have restricted shipping of all items (such as books or magazines) that are designated 18+ as well. (Although you can still buy those from Mangaoh)
Actually, unless it's because they like me, that doesn't seem to be the case. You can still have 18+ artbooks and magazines shipped to overseas addresses - at least, it's working just fine for me, and my address here is in Canada. They still don't ship eroge, of course, but that's because it's software, which has specific export restrictions. Other than figures and games, I still order everything else through Amazon.co.jp, and have been quite happy with them (and DHL for delivering it ).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 03:37   Link #667
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
I bought North Wind since I liked the demo and it was only $20... I'm enjoying it a lot so far, it's a lot better than what I was expecting considering Dreamsoft's other games. ^_^;;

With any luck, I'll have finished it before Shuumatsu Shoujo Gensou Alicematic comes in the mail.

Because dammit, the gothloli owns me.
何物にも捕われる、
縛られず、
ただあるがままに己を生きる。
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 05:09   Link #668
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
I bought North Wind since I liked the demo and it was only $20... I'm enjoying it a lot so far, it's a lot better than what I was expecting considering Dreamsoft's other games. ^_^;;
Ah~ I remember playing Northwind a few years ago. Great storytelling, but the fact they force you to play through Hakana's scenario 'Last Letter' during your first playthough really bothered me. I was dead set on Kanon the second I heard her say onichan! I think that was probably the first time I ctrl skipped through a whole arc...

After that though, you can roll onto the 'snow memory' scenario, which imo is the best part of the entire game. (and what makes it memorable~ Yukiko... *ksun*)

Quote:
With any luck, I'll have finished it before Shuumatsu Shoujo Gensou Alicematic comes in the mail.

Because dammit, the gothloli owns me.
I grabbed Alicematic this evening and have been playing it for about an hour. Not much gothloli (I would recommend Triptych for that).

First impressions, The action sequences are very nicely choreographed and the VA is top notch. Sayane is starting to grow on me (critical weakness against tsundere >.>). The story hasn't progressed much, but there is lots of foreshadowing. The intro started strong overall, now lets see if it can continue through into Sayane's story... つづく

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2006-11-07 at 02:33.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 11:43   Link #669
jimbo98765

just wondering where all u guys get your ero visual novel games from??? online retailers or shops?? i have yet to buy 1 visual novel game yet but im pretty sure my first 2 would be air and F/SN. what do u think?? i think i saw a lil ''shipping'' going around here....
jimbo98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 21:40   Link #670
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo98765 View Post
just wondering where all u guys get your ero visual novel games from??? online retailers or shops?? i have yet to buy 1 visual novel game yet but im pretty sure my first 2 would be air and F/SN. what do u think?? i think i saw a lil ''shipping'' going around here....
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7390

Well I don't know, If I were you I'd go for relatively cheaper ones like kana little sister or ever17 first.
If you can not read japanese, I don't see much point ordering F/SN where all you can get are a few CGs.
Air is OK, there's a misuzu Dream arc english patch out there I think.
Old 2006-10-30, 19:10   Link #671
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Not much interesting to me has come out since Muvluv Alt and Scarlett
Finally someone with the same feelings as me, I mean this must be the worst year for eroge/bishoujo games ever, so much pointless moe crap coming out and few looking forward games turned our to be disappointments (like PP Pianissimo...), and doesn't seem there'll be anything interesting 'till first ef game.
Well besides ef, caught something called Edelweiss coming out at the same day (Dec 22nd, and it's not Overdrive's Edelweiss), might get this for art alone.

http://www.mofmof.com/inspire/index_is01.shtml
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 05:26   Link #672
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
something called Edelweiss coming out at the same day (Dec 22nd, and it's not Overdrive's Edelweiss)
That sure is confusing, not to mention the two has almost nothing in common.

================================
Looks like Stage Nana has been updated with an English version of the site:
http://stage-nana.sakura.ne.jp/

Which is quite an interesting move by Kataoka-san, even though Narcissu has enjoyed popularity overseas. (Although it's also true that Neko Neko was the only company I know of that actually released a bilingual eroge (Giniro))

It looks like the English translation was done by a professional(?) translation service called ComicTrans, who helps doujin artists appeal to oversea audiences by translating their games/comic/novel/websites into English. Which is yet another interesting news for me.

From what I can see though, the translation is somewhat awkward, although it's still far better than a machine translator (I don't think they thought about the double meaning of "light novel" when they used it at the end of "product" section ^^; ). I think the guys over at ComicTrans are doing something very interesting here. Making Japanese sources directly accessible to foreigners can certainly raise awareness and interest (better than having to listen to people who know Japanese blab about things you can't read anyway), and hopefully lead to an overall growth in a potential market... maybe.

Two sample music tracks for 2nd side have been uploaded under the game section. Narcissu is the same vocal track we heard at the end of the mini demo, lovely as ever. Roadster is.... quite a lazy track really.
Old 2006-10-31, 07:36   Link #673
luckyovermind
hungry~

Oh good, Is that a new CG up there? Setsumi is getting prettier everyday XD (or is she the new girl appeared in the demo?)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I'm not sure of the accurate number, but it seems that millions of people around the world.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!! Millions? It's THAT popular now?

Quote:
Two sample music tracks for 2nd side have been uploaded under the game section. Narcissu is the same vocal track we heard at the end of the mini demo, lovely as ever. Roadster is.... quite a lazy track really.
Roadster is a relaxing piece, definitily not suitable in the hospital. Well, looks like we will have some non-depression moments at least

Quote:
It looks like the English translation was done by a professional(?) translation service called ComicTrans, who helps doujin artists appeal to oversea audiences by translating their games/comic/novel/websites into English. Which is yet another interesting news for me.
Good enough for me, at least I won't have to be equiped with the google translater everytime I go there

Quote:
Which is quite an interesting move by Kataoka-san, even though Narcissu has enjoyed popularity overseas. (Although it's also true that Neko Neko was the only company I know of that actually released a bilingual eroge (Giniro))
I finished Giniro just recently, just had too much expectations and couldn't wait for starchanchan's patch or agilis's novelisation to complete. Wow, first thing first, my english was destoryed, lol. "Weakness people must be die", "What is on earth ... I see it is in morning" ... NNS' engrish was quite an interesting read indeed
Well, won't spoil anything here, besides chapter one, sagiri's story was very nice... And the first part in the 1st epilogue - the sister's story. What a huge impact that is (cries). It's not very long and runs parallel to the first chapter. It's a MUST READ for anyone who enjoy (enjoy is an unsuitable word here ) the first chapter. Either go for NNS' akward english or wait patiently for the patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
Finally someone with the same feelings as me, I mean this must be the worst year for eroge/bishoujo games ever, so much pointless moe crap coming out and few looking forward games turned our to be disappointments (like PP Pianissimo...), and doesn't seem there'll be anything interesting 'till first ef game.[/url]
Seems that it's the same all world over. All the places I have looked, Scarlett, MA and EF (not out yet) are receiving the high praise. What else is out there this year? DC2, if tommorrow's a sunny day, promise under the blue sky. You can also add higurashi final chapter and H2O to the list.

Last edited by luckyovermind; 2006-10-31 at 08:17.
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 19:31   Link #674
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
hmm...

*wonders what Sushi-Y is doing here*

...HENTAI!

*also wonders if she has any free time to do more translation work*

Old 2006-11-01, 10:11   Link #675
DrakasX

The games i've played so far are

Secret Wives Club
Virgin Roster
Sagara Family
Come See Me Tonight
Come See Me Tonight 2
Let's Meow Meow
X-Change
Critical Point
Kana - Little Sister
Mizurio

Sagara Family was the best because of the animated H-Scenes.....if anyone knows other ith said animations tell me via PM or AIM and ill get down to downloading :3

There is only one way to love
Hard, Fast, and without mercy
DrakasX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 10:40   Link #676
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Please die a horrible death for pirating these games.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 13:07   Link #677
DrakasX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I never said i pirated them did i now?

Old 2006-11-01, 13:12   Link #678
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
No, let's send him to that bus from X-Change series using just a highschoolgirl uniform.

He will be gangr@ped of course, but that's pretty much what he was doing to the bishoujo game industry outside Japan, taking by force bgames he had no right to play simply because he didn't legally bought.

EDIT: Oh sorry, so you really bought them?! You asked about download... you were refering to legal download? You really paid for them?

Last edited by PGilis; 2006-11-01 at 14:01.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 13:27   Link #679
DrakasX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
No, let's send him to that bus from X-Change series using just a highschoolgirl uniform.

He will be gangr@ped of course, but that's pretty much what he was doing to the bishoujo game industry outside Japan, taking by force bgames he had no right to play simply because he didn't legally bought.
^_- Don't get upset now. Like anyone here has never pirated anything before? I download the ISO, play it then delete it. I don't keep it or distribute. Why should i pay $40 for a game I'm only gonna play once? I shouldn't, now if that game had an infinite replay value i'd consider buying it, but just like PS2, Gamecube, and PC games, I play it through then get rid of it.

Oh and i almost forgot
Quote:
simply because he didn't legally bought.
correction: "Simply because he didn't buy them"

Grammer much?

Old 2006-11-01, 17:40   Link #680
fto
Anime Forever

So u get to download for free?? (Is that legal?)

If yes where could u download?
fto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel