AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-07, 13:05   Link #1
TheVirus

DVD+R Playback on macs

I have burned quite a bit of anime to dvds. My roommate has an powerbook G4 and it refuses to play it.

I have tested my media in his drive and my external Plextor drive that i burned the media with and the drive i use on my PC.

I have tried several different series but the one he wants is Chobits. I have kiddie grade burned on an 8x Plextor DVD+R. This works just fine in his drive and in mine. But if we test the Chobits DVD in my drive or his all we get is the DVD label, no files.

Nothing works. The only DVD that works is Kiddie Grade. Could it be the file names? Missing codec? I dont get it...

HEEEEEEEEEELP.
Old 2004-06-08, 00:59   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

You mean that your roomie cannot the DVD or cannot play back the AVIs?

If it's the DVD, check Apple's Website or the mfg Website. I believe there was a posting on ZDNET about Apple systems having problems with older DVD+R drives. It was solved by a firmware update. The problem (e.g. my LiteOn DVD Drive) will force you to reburn all the DVDs. It has something to do with the way the DVD headers were burned.
________
Green Crack Pictures

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:14.
Closed Thread