AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-06-08, 15:49   Link #21
Ral
Idea!

Had to be 4kids. One of the very few dubbing companies that I would bash and not defend. Was hoping OP would at least go to Toonami instead of the FoxBox. I would have been fine if it did go to Toonami. At least Funi said they would release uncut versions of 4kids shows.
Ral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 15:50   Link #22
aahhsin

Welll..... Pretty soon Naruto is going to join the list....

I can see it now...

Hello Zack (Zoro)
Why Hi. Luke (Luffy)

Hey look at it this way, pretty soon you get to see kids saying "I'm going to use my Rubber Bazooka on you!"

And the older kids will be

"WTF Is this shit?! He's not Mr. Fantastic!" Fucking gay! it's just rippin on the Fantastic Four!!!
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 16:05   Link #23
Late
Peelo

This can't be true, just can't. One of my favorite shows.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 16:19   Link #24
Spooky-Electric

*PLEASE* let there still be fansubs.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 16:24   Link #25
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
*PLEASE* let there still be fansubs.
Okay now I'm even more sad....looks at your ava....pines for Ippo

pines for One Piece
Old 2004-06-08, 16:29   Link #26
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
Okay now I'm even more sad....looks at your ava....pines for Ippo

pines for One Piece
Why pine for Ippo? Ippo didn't get licensed by stupid 4kids. Ippo is getting a pretty good release on DVD from Geneon.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 16:32   Link #27
Soulfang
ハロー!

The names will probably stay the same, as 4Kids will probably use "Shonen Jump's One Piece"... of course, Manta's name got changed too...

This is truely a sad day, though.
Old 2004-06-08, 17:02   Link #28
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

What about Nakama? They will use it in every sentence. We are going to Alabasta, my friend Sanji :/
Old 2004-06-08, 17:48   Link #29
wnkryo
HainShodan

You guys are stressing to much. Only animesuki takes licenses seriously. Alot of animes (like full metal alchemist and samurai champloo) that are licensed are still being subbed, and accessable via bittorrent. All you have to know is which website to find the torrents.
Old 2004-06-08, 17:54   Link #30
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru
Funny thing about this is that I was just talking about OP to my family yesterday and how cool/great/awesome it was and that it'll be coming to the states sometime in the future... Then this happens.

*I didn't say anything I swear*

The fact that Funi will release uncut DVDs of 4kids shows is the only thing keeping me from hitting the bottom right now.
At least we'll get to see mass merchandising! One Piece b-day parties and Usopp shirts and Zoro sneakers!

I just hope that Bandai gets the toy license and not Mattel.

Sanji and Smoker with toothpicks.

As quoted by Zac-san from ANN, "I'm wailing about 4Kids getting this series, since I do love it so, but I hold out hope that an uncut version will find its way here a'la Card Captor Sakura.

Otherwise I shall join Roof and Sunkist on board the Goling Melly."

Some of your family are not by any chance executives at 4kids are they?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 18:02   Link #31
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Wow this sucks... Let us pray that Op isn't raped by 4kids and we get uncut dvds.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 18:26   Link #32
Egan1

Alas.

I'll be ignoring my morals again then.

No doubt they'll completely corrupt it. Blah.

Out of curiosity (as I live in England), does most anime that gets licensed appear on television channels that most people have access to or are they quite often obscure cable channels?
Egan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 18:56   Link #33
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Why don't you guys whine like this for other series, like Mermaid Melody or Puchi Puri Yuuchi. Tokyo Mew Mew was also licensed by 4Kids and will be shown on FoxBox but I didn't really see anyone whine about that. Every anime series is equal, just like One Piece is equal to Tokyo Mew Mew. True anime fans don't just watch one series and then think it's the best one out there.
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 19:14   Link #34
Icer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
Why don't you guys whine like this for other series, like Mermaid Melody or Puchi Puri Yuuchi. Tokyo Mew Mew was also licensed by 4Kids and will be shown on FoxBox but I didn't really see anyone whine about that. Every anime series is equal, just like One Piece is equal to Tokyo Mew Mew. True anime fans don't just watch one series and then think it's the best one out there.
Not everybody is going to cry about shows they might have never seen be licensed.
I'm sure no anime fans feel good that 4Kids licenses anything, especially when it's one of there favorites.

Ugh, damn 4Kids. On it's way to the FoxBox and the next stop for kiddies bored of Yugi and his friends.
damn
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 19:32   Link #35
Silver_Scorcher

4Kids!!?? May the Lord have mercy on us all!! I am not a fan of One Piece at all, but I would have taken a glance at it if it were licensed. I thought Funimation would pick it up, but that doesn't matter anymore. Now that 4kids has it, there's no way in hell that I'll watch it.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 19:36   Link #36
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.

Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
I doubt theyll say "My Friend" instead of Nakama, maybe "Comrad."

Yes Lex, and SHE is the president , FU KAORU :fingers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
I'm officially giving up liking any anime any more....all my fav's get licenced

*i'm going back into the closet*
If thats the case.. im start watching more anime then hentai..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
And the older kids will be
"WTF Is this shit?! He's not Mr. Fantastic!" Fucking gay! it's just rippin on the Fantastic Four!!!
Damn..i forgot about The "OMG HES JUST LIKE ____" .... and Dont forget the some will say "OMFG!!! COPYRIGHT OF ZORO!!!"

Itll be too god damn ridiculous
Old 2004-06-08, 19:52   Link #37
The Xenos

I woke up my roomate with my cursing.. so you can guess how pissed I am about this. This is just the worst company to get it. There was talk of a huge bidding war over One Piece, so I souldn't be surpised the big company with all the money from cash cows like Yu-Gi-Oh would win.

I was hoping for Funmation from the start because I really like them. From experiences at cons, they seem like a really good compnay dedicated to pleasing fans. They also gave us the impression that they really like One Piece. My friend who got us all into One Piece and I ran into one of the Funmation guys at a con. He actully came to us to ask what shows we liked and such. We mentioned One Piece and his eyes lit up. He said there was nothing offital but there was an interest and you could tell he liked the series himself. I have never even seen 4kids at a con and heard nothing but bad things about them and they seem to be a company distant from fans.

My greatest concern is the dub. I like dubs. If they censor it I sure hope they have uncut versions, but if the dub is bland, then there's nothign you can do. I can only hope they might use the same studios that Funmation has used lately because I have enjoyed their work. I just wnat a good dub.

I was hoping cartoon network would get this and it would end up on like Toonami or even just later at night. It may be cartoony, but it's got a fair share of drama too. Face it, One Piece is now a saturday morning cartoon on Fox. I think it derserved better than that.

Now someone in another forum mentioned Shaman King being half decent. I admit I haven't watched it. I hope that's it is a sign that One Piece may get a decent treatment, but I can't help but think the worst or at least just bad. This just isn't calculating out to a good thing in my head. I think One Piece derserved a better comany than this rather than just the richest and possibly most cheap one.

-Xenos
The Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 20:00   Link #38
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi
I doubt theyll say "My Friend" instead of Nakama, maybe "Comrad."
I don't think they'll use comrade... Americans can still be sensitive about Communism and the association the word "comrade" has with it.
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 20:41   Link #39
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

this license doesn't affect us too much I think... I don't think anyone here watches foxbox anyways... though it's a shame that the kids are gonna get shown an edited americanized one piece...
Old 2004-06-08, 21:13   Link #40
Jn183

I'm getting cool down now. I just hope that Funi will do the Dvd release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
Why don't you guys whine like this for other series, like Mermaid Melody or Puchi Puri Yuuchi. Tokyo Mew Mew was also licensed by 4Kids and will be shown on FoxBox but I didn't really see anyone whine about that. Every anime series is equal, just like One Piece is equal to Tokyo Mew Mew. True anime fans don't just watch one series and then think it's the best one out there
You can't jump to conclusion that everyone that was piss off about OP being licensed by 4kids, think OP is the best shit out there. You can't assume that we only watch One Piece. BTW quite a bad ex., did you cry, write letters, donate money, makes phone calls, go to funeral, etc... everytime you heard about someone death that is not related to you AT ALLL. I guess, you do since everything seem to be equal for you. You must be very busy. I don't how you find time to watch anime.

Why don't you try typing in Naruto's forum about true anime fan???
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote