AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-06-09, 19:53   Link #81
Phaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Sorry guys, bad news. I was poking around doing a little research and from the bits and pieces of "official statements" from 4kids it's really sounding a lot like they're going to make the anime "Friendly to American Audiences", which is a poor translation of "we're going to rape this anime blind and chop it to bits." Dang, and just when I had hope. If you don't believe me, read their news posts from 4kids on this. They all but say it. Gah, I'm so mad at 4kids now. Stupid company. Why can't they leave well enough alone! :|
This is pure shit, I mean they butcher all the animes they come out with (Yugioh- Yugi has to stop Marik IN ORDER TO SAVE THE WORLD!) and this won't be any different. I knew this was going to get licensed and I was okay with it because I thought well at least this shit is too bloody for 4Kids to get it, and OMFG I guess I was proven wrong.

Good bye Sanji Smoking, Smoker Smoking, Bloody Fights. Zoro's swords are now going to be wooden, Kuina isn't going to die because she fell down the stairs no she was "sick". Shanks won't get his arm bit off (it would be too sad), don't get me started on Nami's story or the Crocodile fight where he uses BLOOD to fight...

I hope to god that when they come out with it, the same shit that happened with DBZ episodes 1-53 happens. No one likes it and they say screw it and give it to another company.
Phaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 20:21   Link #82
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

well... ya'll have to understand that this "version" of One Piece isn't aimed at us... it's aimed at children... north amercian children... straight up... they really can't put out an unedited One Piece on foxbox... it's just impossible with all the angry/worried/anal mothers in america and canada... 4kids has absolutely no choice but to urinate on and destroy One Piece if it wants it to be popular with the children... we just have to accept that...

again... it's not for us... it's for those kids.... we can just watch the unedited versions that get released on the internet... or wait and see if they will do the same thing with this as what they are going to do with Shaman King and pass it on to some other company to deal with the dvds....(unedited with subtitles)...
Old 2004-06-09, 20:28   Link #83
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but apparently, 4kids edited One Piece so that Sanji has a lolly pop instead of a cigarrete. Also they will be airing this one foxbox. SERIOUS WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING?!?! They are aiming for damn 10 yr olds for audience.....this has got to be the worst day in the history of One piece.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 20:44   Link #84
Phaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but apparently, 4kids edited One Piece so that Sanji has a lolly pop instead of a cigarrete. Also they will be airing this one foxbox. SERIOUS WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING?!?! They are aiming for damn 10 yr olds for audience.....this has got to be the worst day in the history of One piece.
Heh, and I bet when he exhales the smoke he'll make a whistling sound therefore they shall change his name to Whistler!
Phaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 21:07   Link #85
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I wonder what they're going to do to Captain Lollypop ... 2 lollypops in his mouth at all time + his whole body can transform into a lollypop ...

ohhh god WHY 4KIDS !!! WHY!!!
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 21:18   Link #86
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I wonder what they're going to do to Captain Lollypop ... 2 lollypops in his mouth at all time + his whole body can transform into a lollypop ...

ohhh god WHY 4KIDS !!! WHY!!!

They just turned one of the coolest characters in this anime to a total fagget with that lolipop shit. I mean imagine him sucking on a lolipop for the whole series!

I have to ask though, where did you guys get the info that they turning sanji to a homo?
Old 2004-06-09, 21:22   Link #87
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

OMG you're so right ... total fagmo status. He's a cook that sucks on lollypops...
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Old 2004-06-09, 21:25   Link #88
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
OMG you're so right ... total fagmo status. He's a cook that sucks on lollypops...

yah i know. But I goto see it to believe it.

Another thought though, is what the hell are they going to do with smoker, and how the hell are they going to make him more kid friendly? Maby they going to have him shoot flowers out of his ass.
Old 2004-06-09, 21:54   Link #89
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, instead of him smoking. They're just gonna digitalize that and probably put him biting on a twig of wood. Like they did with CN's Outlaw Star a few years back.
Old 2004-06-09, 23:07   Link #90
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

For those of you asking where I got this info from, I took it straight from the Kaizoku-fansub forums this morning. There was a guy that said he was at a Anime exhibition or something where 4kids announced their licensing of One Piece. There he said he saw Sanji with a Lolly pop in the OP instead of the cigarette....
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 23:17   Link #91
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I remember a time when Saturday morning cartoons didn't have to rape anime to get ratings ... *sigh*
Old 2004-06-09, 23:23   Link #92
nojevo

One Piece is less popular than Naruto in this board. But why did 4kids pick up One Piece? I know that OP is very popular in Japan. But Naruto would have been a better pick....
nojevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 23:38   Link #93
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Even if they do release unedited japanese language subtitled DVDs.

The Subs on those DVDs will be horrible, I have never once come across an anime DVD that had half-decent subs.
Oh yeah because I bet you're fluent in Japanese and English and have translating experience right?

Newsflash One Piece fans. One Piece is a KIDS SHOW. The target audience is like 13 year old boys. One Piece is MAINSTREAM in Japan. Well maybe not as mainstream as Chibi Maruko-chan or Sazae-san, but really mainstream. So if 4Kids try to maintain this for an American audience, it's really not that diffrent from how it is Japan.

You'll get your uncut DVDs so don't fret people.

Anyway, it should be obvious that One Piece is a kid's show. Just look at the level of maturity of the posters in this thread. I feel stupider just for posting here.

You should all be used to this by now. There was that whole "One Piece is licensed" false alarm earlier.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 23:54   Link #94
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Oh yeah because I bet you're fluent in Japanese and English and have translating experience right?

Newsflash One Piece fans. One Piece is a KIDS SHOW. The target audience is like 13 year old boys. One Piece is MAINSTREAM in Japan. Well maybe not as mainstream as Chibi Maruko-chan or Sazae-san, but really mainstream. So if 4Kids try to maintain this for an American audience, it's really not that diffrent from how it is Japan.

You'll get your uncut DVDs so don't fret people.

Anyway, it should be obvious that One Piece is a kid's show. Just look at the level of maturity of the posters in this thread. I feel stupider just for posting here.

You should all be used to this by now. There was that whole "One Piece is licensed" false alarm earlier.
Yay ... yet another supercool guy using a licensing thread to make a cheap stabb at the show and the viewers. I hope that made you feel better about your ohhh so much more mature self.
Old 2004-06-10, 00:39   Link #95
Flame Fist Ace

Assuming they get that far in the series, what will happen with the Sky Piea arc? This coupled with the Devil's fruit thing makes me think they will have a lot of angry christians on thier hands, unless they cut out like the whole Sky Piea arc.

I also liked that comment about how One Piece is OBVIOUSLY a kid's show.
Flame Fist Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 00:53   Link #96
Kouji
StrykerX

That's because it is mostly dedicated to kids. But not technically in the "kiddies" age genre. Rather the older kids that're like 12+ years old. Because you wouldn't want to see parents get ticked at their young son and hear their son say something like "oh wow, mommy or daddy I'd want to do that too" lol
Old 2004-06-10, 01:05   Link #97
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

Are buying the DVDs really an option? It will prolly cost like $20 for a few and right now there are almost 200 episodes and still going. I don't know about you guys but I'm not rich enough to afford all those DVDs.
Old 2004-06-10, 01:51   Link #98
Kouji
StrykerX

Or they could probably opt to have a boxed DVD set. Like with Bandai Entertainment's Z Gundam, which has 50 episodes. And all 50 episodes would fit into (insert # of discs) one box.
Old 2004-06-10, 02:36   Link #99
ninraven

Hey guys, promise me one thing. Please don't do some OPOA like how those morons did DBZOA (dragon ball z otaku alliance) and complain over every little thing and make tons of petitions wanting them to use the original music and so on.

I just hope the internet community just ignores the OP dub and don't go nuts like the DBZ community did.

We all know it will be bad. Names like Usopp and Sanji will be changed though i imagine a lot of names will stay the same since they are already american friendly like Zoro, Corcodile, Chopper and so on.

We also know the music will probably be changed also.

blood, ciggerette smoke, and stuff like that will be edited.

We all know that. We even know they will pronounce Luffy like Fluffy without the F. We also know attack names will be changed. Like instead of gomu gomu no bazooka, it will be rubber fruit power bazooka, or special attack bazooka or something.

We all know this. So none of us will be that surprised, and theres no point for us to watch the dub when it comes out. Don't give them ratings. Hopefully we can find some subs on the net, or get the HK dvds, they will probably be better than 4kids anyway.

I'm not telling you not to bitch and moan, i just hope that you get it out of your system now so we wont have to listen to it for the next 5-6 years like we did with DBZ.
ninraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 03:04   Link #100
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninraven
Hey guys, promise me one thing. Please don't do some OPOA like how those morons did DBZOA (dragon ball z otaku alliance) and complain over every little thing and make tons of petitions wanting them to use the original music and so on.

I just hope the internet community just ignores the OP dub and don't go nuts like the DBZ community did.

We all know it will be bad. Names like Usopp and Sanji will be changed though i imagine a lot of names will stay the same since they are already american friendly like Zoro, Corcodile, Chopper and so on.

We also know the music will probably be changed also.

blood, ciggerette smoke, and stuff like that will be edited.

We all know that. We even know they will pronounce Luffy like Fluffy without the F. We also know attack names will be changed. Like instead of gomu gomu no bazooka, it will be rubber fruit power bazooka, or special attack bazooka or something.

We all know this. So none of us will be that surprised, and theres no point for us to watch the dub when it comes out. Don't give them ratings. Hopefully we can find some subs on the net, or get the HK dvds, they will probably be better than 4kids anyway.

I'm not telling you not to bitch and moan, i just hope that you get it out of your system now so we wont have to listen to it for the next 5-6 years like we did with DBZ.
True. But it would just be better if these posters read the U.S Shonen Jump manga, because this version stays true to the japanese version of the anime. Unlike 4Kids' version.