AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-09, 18:37   Link #1
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Elf All stars Datsuijan 2(NEED HELP ON MAHJONG!!)

Could someone just give me some advice or tips on how to play Mahjong the right way? I thought my experience in that Sakura Taisen 4 Mini game would help but it doesn't look like it is.(In Sakura Taisen 4 you had to face only one person at a time. In this one you face 3 other people.....)I just need a basic rundown on how to play correctly. Thank you and any help will be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 08:55   Link #2
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Could someone just give me some advice or tips on how to play Mahjong the right way? I thought my experience in that Sakura Taisen 4 Mini game would help but it doesn't look like it is.(In Sakura Taisen 4 you had to face only one person at a time. In this one you face 3 other people.....)I just need a basic rundown on how to play correctly. Thank you and any help will be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated.
I think the only difference between 2 player and 4 player is that you can Pon anytime, but Chi would only be possible if you're Chi-ing the tile that the person right before you places down.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 10:14   Link #3
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Try the following link

http://sky116688.tripod.com/mahjong/rules.html

Singapore Mahjong is close to the Hong Kong Mahjong (which I believe is the standard Mahjong set of rules). Taiwan Mahjong uses more tiles & hence greater winning combos but the rules are the same.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 19:01   Link #4
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Its funny. A day after I asked for help I think I got the hang of the game already. And all it took was just watching the game a bit more and reading some of the instructions. Now I feel stupid because I also downloaded a complete save file for this game but it didn't take me long to learn.....Oh well I guess now I have nothing to stop me from getting Datsuijan 1.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 22:05   Link #5
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
I really hope there's a winning scene viewing option in this game
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 01:19   Link #6
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
I really hope there's a winning scene viewing option in this game
Lol. Of course theres a Viewer mode in Datsuijan 2.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 12:54   Link #7
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
What I'm curious about now is I wonder what Datsuijan 1 is like.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 16:22   Link #8
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Okay I now need some advice. I'm on my last board(Before I get the special board with Eri,Mizuho and Yui.)and I'm playing with the Nonomura board I managed to beat the first two guys and I won once but I usually have to pray really really hard that I win. Since I rarely perform a move now and even if I do it doesn't cause enough damage.And my opponents are really really quick with their Reaches and thats where I always go "Please get him/her." over and over. And it looks like my old strategy of geting enough Pons until I'm down to two tiles and hoping someone drops the tile I need to do a move isn't working too well. And I heard doing Chi's don't really help all that much. Does anyone have any advice? And does your tiles change after each round or do you have the same tiles in every round? (And if they do change does your old set of tiles go to a other player?)And what does being an Oya do and how do you get a reach anyway?
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 18:13   Link #9
-AR-
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: フィンランド
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Does anyone have any advice? And does your tiles change after each round or do you have the same tiles in every round? (And if they do change does your old set of tiles go to a other player?)And what does being an Oya do and how do you get a reach anyway?
Well there's pretty good mahjong guide in the game, but if you don't know enough Japanese, that doesn't help at all... You can check some Japanese mahjong rules here.

I'm not an expert in mahjong, but I'll try to explain the things you asked anyway (there may be mistakes )
The tiles you get are pretty much random each round (as they're drawn from the wall and the tiles in the wall are random, and for each round the starting tile for drawing the tiles is decided by rolling dice so that will bring even more randomness)
Being oya means that when you win a round, you'll get more points than you'd get when you're not oya (the points get multiplied by 1.5). Also when being oya and some other player gets tsumo, oya will lose twice the amount other players lose points.
You get reach (or riichi) when you're one tile away from creating a hand (note that you can't do a reach when you've done pon or chi)

I hope this helped you even a little...
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 20:07   Link #10
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Okay I now need some advice. I'm on my last board(Before I get the special board with Eri,Mizuho and Yui.)and I'm playing with the Nonomura board I managed to beat the first two guys and I won once but I usually have to pray really really hard that I win. Since I rarely perform a move now and even if I do it doesn't cause enough damage.And my opponents are really really quick with their Reaches and thats where I always go "Please get him/her." over and over. And it looks like my old strategy of geting enough Pons until I'm down to two tiles and hoping someone drops the tile I need to do a move isn't working too well. And I heard doing Chi's don't really help all that much. Does anyone have any advice? And does your tiles change after each round or do you have the same tiles in every round? (And if they do change does your old set of tiles go to a other player?)And what does being an Oya do and how do you get a reach anyway?
well, for the harder opponenets, the Pon Pon Hu (using pons to win) strategy doesn't do well. and you need one special point for each "chi" you do else you can't win. it's better to win some special big wins rather than drag on with small wins. So aim for the big wins, like winning without pons or chi, or create some special tiles like "7 couples" etc. etc. to win big points each time.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 01:11   Link #11
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Whew it took some time,Patience and luck but I've finally beaten every last one of the challengers in the game.Now I can go back and challenge them again and relook at their scenes(Too bad theres no subtitles during the Dialogue.Its really really hard for me to figure out whats being said without them.)anytime I want.I guess at this point your supposed tp buy all the voices,mp3's and screensavers to fully complete the game.But no I got a full save with all of that in it so from the way I see it I've pretty much completed Datsuijan 2.My Thanks to the guys here who helped me out.That was a pretty challenging game too I wonder how hard Datsuijan 1 is.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.