AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-24, 11:06   Link #1
Mb81

Bobobo-bo Bobobo

Well, i cannot prove it, but i heard, that 4kids owns Bo-Bobo already. But lets wait an see *g*.
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 14:06   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Aha Aha..You know what would have made the content of this thread more interesting? If you would have talked about the nose hair being used as whip. Since there is no confirmation of Booboo being licensed, I wonder if a Booboo thread should even exist in the Dvd & Licensed section of the forum.
Old 2003-11-25, 02:53   Link #3
Spyre
"Soon"

I hope its the case. This anime is crazy

Where did you hear this rumor?
Spyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 10:41   Link #4
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Until you know for sure someone has licensed it, or can atleast hear beyond a rumour that isn't even on a webpage, don't bother.
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 13:53   Link #5
Mb81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
Until you know for sure someone has licensed it, or can atleast hear beyond a rumour that isn't even on a webpage, don't bother.
Well; i write now a email; lets see, how 4kids will answer...
Old 2003-11-25, 14:09   Link #6
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Hmm, most likely 4kids will butcher it.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 12:54   Link #7
Mb81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Hmm, most likely 4kids will butcher it.
Well, i mailed them now a second time and i will not give up till i get the answer...
But this isn`t about the anwser; i would bet my right arm that they already got the show...
Old 2004-01-12, 21:08   Link #8
caven

Send a message via AIM to caven Send a message via Yahoo to caven
Bobobo-bo Bobobo

Just watched it. It was so stupid, in fact if it wasnt so stupid it'd just be terrible. Just weird.
caven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 21:21   Link #9
MasafumiGotoh

hmmm

Yes it is stupid and I love it just like Sakigake Cromartie High!! Anyways I think there is a thread on bbobobobobobobobo already. Use the search button next time. I know who can make you like bobobobobo. Speak to JAppi and youll be brainwashed!!!
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 21:37   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Just searched for it myself and I couldn't find a thread on Bobobo~bo Bo~bobo so this thread shall remain here unless anyone can prove me wrong.

I just watched this show myself. It was... well I have to admit that its stupid weirdness was the only thing that saved it from being completely awful. It was just too weird to hate. I don't think I'll be downloading a second episode though.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 05:01   Link #11
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Just searched for it myself and I couldn't find a thread on Bobobo~bo Bo~bobo so this thread shall remain here unless anyone can prove me wrong.

I just watched this show myself. It was... well I have to admit that its stupid weirdness was the only thing that saved it from being completely awful. It was just too weird to hate. I don't think I'll be downloading a second episode though.
I believe the thread was started last year prior to the forum software change. My recollection is that an individual wanted one of the fansub groups to pick-up Bobobo but nobody seemed interested at the time. To draw attention to the project that person produced and released a quick and badly translated sub of first show. The forum message thread I'm thinking of was in response to that.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 05:15   Link #12
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I thought it was great! Could this be the greatest anime epic of all time?! My girlfriend worries about me. The other guy I showed it to immeadiately left town afterwards. But I liked it.

You do need a certain appreciation for utter lunacy to like a show like this. It does make no sense, but then that's the point.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 06:31   Link #13
The Xenos

Man, yeah, this was so absurd and crazy, it was great. Dunno if this is worse (or rather better) than Cromartie High. Meh, jsut different in its weirdness. Gotta check out more of both.

-Xenos
The Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 07:18   Link #14
Walküre

Talking

...finally someone was crazy enough to start a Thread for this totaly weird and crazy Anime.

After watching it i didnt really know what to say, its just so crazy and sick that its funny in some way
Im still unsure if i should continue with this Series or not, but i guess I'll do anyway.

and i thought FLCL was weird

As this is my first Post here, i want to Introduce my self with this Post.

Im a 27 Years old Guy from Germany, I love Pasta and Video Games
Im reading this Forum since quiet a while but was always to lazy to register

My Top 3 Animes at the Moment are Full Metal Alchemist / Peace Maker Kurogane and Chrno Crusade

-Walküre-
Walküre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 10:10   Link #15
Panon

Totally awesome. Hope Mugen keep up the good work, ep 1 was quality.

The fact this went so long not being subbed makes the oversubbing of dreck like Chrno Crusade even more criminal.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 13:23   Link #16
marin

marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 14:37   Link #17
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
I thought it was really funny ^^;;; But the battle scene actually bored me.. o-o;; Don't ask why.. I don't know. I'm looking forward to see more episodes..
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 14:44   Link #18
pezzed3

Send a message via AIM to pezzed3
Definitely a crazy show... but well worth the watch
pezzed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 16:02   Link #19
Spyre
"Soon"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki
I believe the thread was started last year prior to the forum software change. My recollection is that an individual wanted one of the fansub groups to pick-up Bobobo but nobody seemed interested at the time. To draw attention to the project that person produced and released a quick and badly translated sub of first show. The forum message thread I'm thinking of was in response to that.
I belive youre referring to this thread.

Mugen had been working on ep one since it first aired in november (and had actually planned on doing this series since we first found out there would be an anime, as a couple of us had read the manga). The reason it came out so late was due to a variety of reasons, but it was mostly exams and my own 1 month vacation. Episode 2 should not take nearly as long as the first one, and should be out shortly.

Thanks for all the support guys, I can tell this is gonna be one hell of a series. More like Sexy Commando than Cromartie imho though
Spyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 06:29   Link #20
marin

Yes, very much like Sexy Commando.

It was so incredibly awful that it was absolute genius.

marin is offline   Reply With Quote