AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-06, 10:41   Link #41
cerulfox!
Blasian Sensation!

I dunno, I thought it was HILARIOUS. But it seems to be the kind of anime that unless you understand Japanese and its various inflections and such as well as have knowledge of Japanese culture, you might not find it as funny. The episodes that are out subbed now I happened to be in Japan when they aired, and they seemed funnier without the translation. *shrugs* Maybe this show just doesn't translate well? It was a hit amongst us students anyways. We found the "Kanojou hoshii..." part ESPECIALLY hilarious.

This show kind of reminds me of Excel Saga, with the spoofing of various genres of anime and Japanese culture in general. Except I didn't really like Excel Saga. o.o
cerulfox! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 16:54   Link #42
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2-FumoGuu
Watched ep 4 and I thought it was nnn... not as funny as the earlier eps, but I still have great hope for this series because I loved the first 3 eps.

Bobobo is my hero. He makes acting like a woman look cool. =)

Oh yeah, and Beauty's eyes are gonna eventually pop outta her head if she keeps on getting surprised at everything. Just go with the flow, girl!
I think all of the characters at some point have their eyes almost gauging out from all the outlandish situations.
Old 2004-05-08, 10:31   Link #43
Cheesemon
Purokogi?

Bobobo always cracks me up, I have no idea why so few people are downloading it. It's one of the most popular animes in Japan right now, and I think it's the most worthwhile download listed on animesuki. I find it even more entertaining than FMA at times, though maybe you can't compare the two. ^^

And of course, I have to give props to the subbers who are doing an excellent job at tackling one of the hardest animes to subtitle. The next episode is probably the funniest so far, can't wait to watch it subbed!
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 11:36   Link #44
ZeroKun

Bo BoBo is teh shit!
ZeroKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 11:52   Link #45
MrBrown

Boboboubo Boubobo is great. It's up to 20 eps in Japan now, I think. I've been watching it since ep1.

Granted, ep1 wasn't that great, ep2 a little better... definetly one of those shows that just keeps getting better and better the more you watch it. I think ep16,17 or 18 or something around there was the best ep so far. Well, it does have it's hard parts where I just get headaches from all the colors and stuff.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 13:03   Link #46
TheMongoMania

Man I love this show, and yeah it must be hard to sub...but thank god mugen is doing it and doing a great job at that. I have watched all four eps and look forward to more!! keep up the good work guys!
Old 2004-05-08, 17:17   Link #47
Draco

Send a message via MSN to Draco
bobobo-bo bo-bobo rocks!
The humor reminds me of a friend of mine,
hes almost as crazy as the guy who created bo-bobo!
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 19:11   Link #48
OshadowO

Just finished ep 1. Damn This anime is like one big WTF moment. I think I'll get part 2 now
OshadowO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 02:22   Link #49
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Wow, episode 5 unexpectedly popped out. It's great to finally see a new episode of my favorite comedy of the year.

What can I say? This episode is the craziest yet, and the funniest.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-05, 22:30   Link #50
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

IMO, I think Bobobo is the funniest anime I've ever seen, but I think it must be an acquired taste; There's lots of people that I know that would rather take Azumanga over this (albeit Azu can be funny at times, but it's not THAT funny compared to Bobobo. I have to tell people all the time that it's really named Bobobo).

I was giddy like a schoolgirl to see #5 come out. It took awhile, but major props to Mugen for tackling such a hard to sub anime.
Right now, I could TOTALLY go for some ochazuke. How about the rest of you?
Old 2004-08-06, 16:12   Link #51
Bullsquat
Strange Love

For some reason, I just can't stop laughing whenever I get to the part where the Ochazuke alien was holding a picture of the mysterious boy;
Spoiler:

Lol, I'm replaying it over and over again.
Old 2004-08-07, 09:05   Link #52
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avacado Burger
IMO, I think Bobobo is the funniest anime I've ever seen, but I think it must be an acquired taste; There's lots of people that I know that would rather take Azumanga over this (albeit Azu can be funny at times, but it's not THAT funny compared to Bobobo. I have to tell people all the time that it's really named Bobobo).
Bah. Bobobo destroys Azumanga. I remember one of the funniest parts of Azu TV for me was Sakaki "dating" Chiyo-chan's dad. But the duck dating the panties in Bobobo complete annihilates that scene. It's just like weirdness x 10!
H2-FumoGuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 09:14   Link #53
Cheesemon
Purokogi?

Bobobo is THE leader in anime comedy. Episode is still my favorite episode in the 20 episodes or so I've seen. It's just so, so, so random. And Don Patch is the greatest anime character ever.

I really want this show to be seen by as many people as possible, so it's really too bad that this series may never get licensed, and not many people are downloading it. I mean, how can you not be curious about a show just by seeing a title like that?!

As usual, great fansubbing, Mugen! *sigh* I can only wish the next episode doesn't take another two months, but I guess it's understandable since this show is so friggin' hard to dub with all the puns and floating kanji.
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 19:36   Link #54
Tsukishirou

Just saw ep. 1 just out of curiosity (it is really famous in Japan, how many chapters in Weekly Jump? over 170?)
Itīs so weird , even so I like the opening ^^,
Iīll keep downloading until I get............................................... .................. all 5 eps
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 14:41   Link #55
boxrick

Is there any chance of more bobobo episodes being fansubbed soon?
Old 2006-02-06, 22:26   Link #56
AMS

Bobobo-Bo-bobobo DVD's???

Anyone think CN will release UNCUT dvds for this insanely funny show???

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-02-07 at 01:02. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. If you'd searched for "nose hair" you'd have avoided annoying the moderator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 23:51   Link #57
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMS
Anyone think CN will release UNCUT dvds for this insanely funny show???

CN does not release DVDs. It is up to Viz to release them. And it depends on its ratings. The better it does, the more likely it is to happen.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 00:28   Link #58
AMS

Any idea on how well its doing?
AMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 19:27   Link #59
FireChick

Good news: a new anime company called S'More just licensed and released the first 38 or so episodes on DVD.

Bad news: unfortunately, due to an error, no subtitles are on the release.

Now before you all go into a hissy fit about it, let me explain that they WERE in fact kind enough to include PDF formatted scripts for all the episodes on the Japanese track and that they were kind enough to release the series at all, so don't hate on them just because a mistake happened.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote