AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Chrno Crusade

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-13, 23:24   Link #41
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
Quote:
Originally Posted by UssoKK
I'm just confused by what stpam said

Spoiler:


That Question may seem stupid, but I was hoping that he could still be accepted....
Although Chrno IS a demon...which means he should have 'no soul' or not a 'human soul' anyways...but as we can see at end since...

Spoiler:


And demons are supposed to be bad, but he was good...he could of very well had a 'human soul' (maybe?), and with the catholic religion (since I assume they were cathloic, not too sure) chrno did alot of good in his life, made a diffrence, he might of went to heaven...maybe?
__________________
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Shift_ is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 01:46   Link #42
OshadowO
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Wellll....that was a messed up ending. But I guess we're past that already.
Spoiler:


Would definitely appreciate if a manga reader could enlighten the anime only people how it ended in the manga?
OshadowO is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 03:54   Link #43
John Petrucci Blu
HinaWorld's Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Italy
Quote:
Oh, and this:

Spoiler:
I think so. And also I agree with Shift_ , in fact can the love of Magdalena and Rosette made more human Chrno? I think they can.

About Aion...

Spoiler:
John Petrucci Blu is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 06:55   Link #44
Karandras
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Spoiler:
Karandras is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 07:46   Link #45
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
well, I think in the end
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 08:21   Link #46
Silent Otaku
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Basement
Age: 32
Is Gonzo pushing for Chrno Crusade season 2 with this strange ending?
Silent Otaku is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 09:23   Link #47
kamij0
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Is there season 2 in the making ? .. i doubt that since
Spoiler:
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
kamij0 is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 09:33   Link #48
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
I doubt there will be a sequel. and I don't want a sequel, simply because I refuse to see a 65-year-old Azmaria...
dreamless is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 10:28   Link #49
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
Having read your posts, I dug up with some precious stuff. As I also watched the end, this is my most likely assumption.

First, all of you must look into the etymology of Aion's name. Having made a research for the word, 'Aion', I came up with the following definition:

Aion : An era or age of an indefinite time period having a clear beginning and end.

The Hebrew word, Olam, is the exact equivalent to meaning for the word Aion.

The problem with this definition was that at some time, scholars incorrectly translated its meaning from the Bible. They came up that aion meant 'forever' or 'everlasting', and later on they corrected it with the meaning 'age' or 'age-lasting'.

Therefore, the latter meaning implies that nothing is forever when one age goes and another one comes.

The following excerpt has been referenced from, "When For Ever Does Not Means For Ever"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definition of Aion
Though this is readily admitted by most scholars to be the real meaning, there are a number who will still render it by the English words "for ever," "everlasting," or "eternal." The main reason for doing this is a theological one, not by the grammatical rules of language. They force this meaning because olam and aion are at times associated with God in human affairs or His divine existence in heaven. Since it is theologically certain [from various passages of scripture] that God has an eternal existence, it is felt by some that the words olam and aion may satisfactorily be rendered "for ever."

While this may appear reasonable on the surface, this explanation is not a proper one. God entered into an "everlasting" (olam) circumcision covenant with Abraham as a standard of holiness, but we are told that the "everlasting" covenant only lasted until the time of the apostles, according to the New Testament revelation - Gal.5:6. The fact is, God has entered into various olam associations with individuals or nations on this earth, but in no sense were the olam agreements intended to last for all eternity. They are all governed by "beginnings" and "ends."

In the New Testament the word aion means the same as olam. At no time does it refer in a precise sense to "eternity." This especially applies to matters concerning judgments on all evildoers. Though the King James Version says the smoke of their torment ascends "for ever and ever," the original only means "for the ages of the ages." Those "ages" have an end. "Behold, I make all things new." Rev.21:5
Bibliography: AION Link Page
http://hellbusters.8m.com/aionlink.htm
Guido is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 10:44   Link #50
_Riku_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 24
There gotta be a Chrno Crusade 2... since it didn't actually end...
_Riku_ is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 10:57   Link #51
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_
There gotta be a Chrno Crusade 2... since it didn't actually end...
hmm... I think it ends quite well... it brings a very good sense of closure IMO... there will always be the battle between good and evil, and that is eternal. Unless they decide to do a sequel in the far future at the end of days where the forces of good and evil do a final showdown and end the world once and for all (preferably in Heavy Metal style ), I don't see how a sequel's ending can be be more "end-complete" than the current one.
dreamless is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 14:42   Link #52
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Konoha
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Kaoru27Umi
They can't possibly have a second season because well...
Spoiler:


oh and for the whole Aion is god's disciple or something like that, i'm not sure that would be possible, because through the whole series he's going off, saying that there isn't a god. So i don't think he could be his god's servant if he didn't even believe that there was a god...

anyway my opinion...
Spoiler:
__________________
Kakashi: I guess that means rivalry is a mysterious thing
aha ha ha ha ha… Hello

Gai: My springtime of life rival, Kakashi…
That weird reaction of yours is “hip”, and makes me mad
Kaoru27Umi is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 17:37   Link #53
Ori
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Send a message via AIM to Ori
Aion is not God. As I said before he is probably the devil. Devil does acknowledge the existance of God, whether he thinks highly of him is another thing.

Aion did say he is a shadow of God that has overflow or something of that sort. God's shadow probably means the devil right? Now saying God shadow that has overflow would probably be talking about the devil's arrogance. Hum at least that's how I see it.
__________________

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs
Ori is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 17:58   Link #54
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
Instead of a Sequel they might make a Prequel to fill in the plot holes about Chrno's Past and what not.
__________________
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Shift_ is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 18:13   Link #55
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
I don't think a prequel is suitable.

Simply put, episodes 15 and 21 narrated Chrno's past from the Pandemonium Incident and his relationship with Magdalena.

I think those episodes served very well their purpose and didn't left any ties on the loose about Chrno's past.

However, if you're still hungry to know more about Chrno, then I suggest to buy and read the manga. Due that it has more rich explanation and embellishing storytelling.

I don't think most of you are aware, but Moriyama-san published a short while ago a short manga story within the Chrno Crusade universe.

According to Moriyama-san, this story takes place about the time of Rosette's first mission. (She doesn't look as the trademark Rosette from the anime or manga, though)

I think this story takes place a couple of years before the begining of both anime or manga.
Rosette's still an amateur under the tutorship of Remington; Chrno's with her.

Her first mission deals about investigating paranormal phenomena in old mansion, supposedly haunted. I think they said that the previous owner was a devil worshipper who mysteriously vanished.

So a crybaby, novice Sister Rosette is commissioned to investigate the strange happenings bound to that old mansion (Sounds cliché, isn't it)

If you're asking for a prequel, I think this manga story might serve your needs for it.
Guido is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 19:03   Link #56
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 27
Okay, I haven't read ALL posts, but at least some of them.
I really liked the ending, and considering that I hated this anime during the first two episodes, I was pleasantly surprised.

(I think it is pretty useless to use spoiler tags now, since all the people here have already seen the episode and there isn't much left to spoil. :P)

I disagree with the theory of Aion being God. The word aion means the same as aeon, which in turn means era.

Remington nagged a lot about the era in the episode 23 preview (in ep. 22).
Here's what he said (according to the sub I will not mention):
Quote:
Many people are hurt
and many people are dying
but she no longer sheds tears
Time cannot be turned back
And he draws the sword
The Golden Era of the twenties
in the Era when nights should still be shrouded
in a pitch-black darkness
in the destiny of the present
which was built by humans and demons, crossing each other
A final judgment has been given
And the Era begins to move.
He also says that Aion's horns have the ability to move time. Now remember the last line. And the era begins to move.
So, by era, I think he means Aion.
Not only that... Chrno's name (which actually should be Chrono), means time, right? So that might have something to do with it.

Aion's horns: Move time
Chrno's horns: Freeze time

I also believe that Aion is supposed to represent the Devil. And in this case, the Devil can move time. I could also conclude that Chrno is God, since the Devil moves time, there should be an equivalent on the light side, Chrno freezes time. The only time one needs to freeze time, is when one wants to observe something. The one who always observes and never interferes is... you guessed it! God!

So, the Devil is breaking the "law" of interference, but God never does. But I'm not saying that Chrno IS God, it was just a theory... just as the theory of Aion being God.

And here's an interesting link for all you Aion-lovers and people who are interested in the theological point of view:
http://www.godstruthfortoday.org/Lib...eous/allin.htm
(LOL, I found it by Googling "Aion" :P)

I like anime shows that allows one to think. And they've done A LOT of research for this anime, just as they have done to FMA. Chrno Crusade turned out to be really good!
Gravi-T is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 20:17   Link #57
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Aion is not God. As I said before he is probably the devil. Devil does acknowledge the existance of God, whether he thinks highly of him is another thing.

Aion did say he is a shadow of God that has overflow or something of that sort. God's shadow probably means the devil right? Now saying God shadow that has overflow would probably be talking about the devil's arrogance. Hum at least that's how I see it.
well, I think in the Old Testament, the Devil is indeed a proxy of God, as evil is necessary, so God created Devil, and everything is in God's Plan.

Quote:
o, the Devil is breaking the "law" of interference,
When you consider that all the chaos and bad stuff caused by Aion have been told in the prophecy, I think it's safe to assume that Aion didn't break any law, but always followed the path God determined.

Well, now I think about it, isn't Chrno Crusade's ending quite good in some sense? It not only provides a beautiful and emotional scene, but also let people to think over it for some time, so we can have all this discussion here instead of people just coming in to say "what a nice ending/beautiful death scene/etc/etc" but not much else?
dreamless is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 21:48   Link #58
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sidewalk
This heated conversation is making me want to join in...the problem is I haven't watched the final ep yet. *swears ferociously* Can I uh...PM someone? A question one might say.

^^
Bronwen Stx is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 23:08   Link #59
Leon.S.Kenedy
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 29
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I don't really understand the meaning of that entire part, is it supposed to give the series some "authentic" feel? yup there's indeed an assassination attempt at the Pope John Paul II in 1981, and indeed there is the Fatima Prophecy, but I think this series is far too... fantasy-ish to give any "realistic" feel anyway...

So my interpretation of the possible meaning of the very end
Spoiler:


Anyway the ending is perfect up to the point
Spoiler:
I'll have to say again, such an excellent, touching, both happy and sad, and beautiful ending.

And I agree that even a wonderful ending can't save the show from its overall mediocrity...
Wow you sound really lost. Aion is alive because he is the devil. Even though Chrono killed him 50 some years earlier Aion comes back because people did not change for the better and their evil deeds revive Aion. Dint you guys ever read the bible? As long as people committee evil acts the devil won't die but will get stronger. That's how I interpret the last 2 minutes but I may be wrong.
Leon.S.Kenedy is offline  
Old 2004-06-15, 01:33   Link #60
Ori
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, I think in the Old Testament, the Devil is indeed a proxy of God, as evil is necessary, so God created Devil, and everything is in God's Plan.
You are wrong in the sense that when Lucifer was first created he was an angel in heaven, the most wise and beautiful angel God had created. At one point he became very arrogant and decided that he did not need God. That was when the war in heaven began, Lucifer and his followers (I think it migh have beet 1/3 of the angels in heaven before) were casted to hell by God.

In the bible the devil does not believe he is following God's plan although really he is.
__________________

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs
Ori is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.