AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-16, 18:59   Link #21
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
*yells* Let the world be destroyed by the evil red butterflies!!!! This ep gives great evil hikari sig potential!!
Spoiler:

Old 2004-06-16, 23:05   Link #22
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

well, seeing episode 11 confirmed it: the crimson butterflies are the embodiments of the Earth's life energy
oh and it frustrated me when all the possible cool fights got interrupted (most of them by Ryou...DAMN HIM!) including:
Hikari vs. Mari (i remember screaming "KILL HER HIKARI!")
Akari vs. Hikari (DAMN YOU RYOU)
Takeru vs. Ioneous (i really wanted to see him do something besides move through the ground and get drunk)
at this rate Akari vs. Ioneous would prolly be interrupted...
half transformed Takeru looks like a dork (sort of like Kyousuke from the latter parts of Soul Taker...but Kyousuke had the EYES)
Old 2004-06-16, 23:19   Link #23
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Hikari is too hesitant about destroying the world. She should just disintegrate Mari straight away and annihilate the planet before Takeru the wimp had a chance to recover.

Old 2004-06-16, 23:44   Link #24
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
well, seeing episode 11 confirmed it: the crimson butterflies are the embodiments of the Earth's life energy
oh and it frustrated me when all the possible cool fights got interrupted (most of them by Ryou...DAMN HIM!) including:
Hikari vs. Mari (i remember screaming "KILL HER HIKARI!")
Akari vs. Hikari (DAMN YOU RYOU)
Takeru vs. Ioneous (i really wanted to see him do something besides move through the ground and get drunk)
at this rate Akari vs. Ioneous would prolly be interrupted...
half transformed Takeru looks like a dork (sort of like Kyousuke from the latter parts of Soul Taker...but Kyousuke had the EYES)
Man...I'm so with you on this. She shouldn't have hesitated on Mari just lift, charge, fire, annoyance gone in 5secs. Second fight...would've been cool also. Then nuke the world while Takeru is too busy being a puss. She says some pretty cold but awesome lines. I'm going to have to rewatch to get some quotes

Old 2004-06-16, 23:53   Link #25
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Hmmm, where'd you find that sig, spiggy?

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Old 2004-06-16, 23:59   Link #26
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Hmmm, where'd you find that sig, spiggy?
Secca was kind enough to make this one in the sig thread of the konomini forum. She made it for anyone who wanted it and it seemed like no one did, so I'm using it. It has my goddess, she's looking extra...puni puni, and she's looking very seductive. I might have the original from the site somewhere if not contact Secca to see if she has it somewhere.
edit- nope, I don't have the original but it maybe in a Newtype magazine if I remember her correctly.

Old 2004-06-17, 03:22   Link #27
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

that scene about Hikari and Takeru in the preview is definite not in the real world if you ask me... well let's just wait another day and see...
Old 2004-06-17, 10:54   Link #28
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
I don't think anyone's going to die, and this series is going to be anticlimatic. Poo.

Even is Sakuranbo got hit by a car I'd be happy.
Old 2004-06-17, 12:32   Link #29
Guido

Spoiler:

I just hope for the final episode, Hikari metamorphoses into a fully, adult Hikari (The same one in Spiggy's sig) that completely awakens the evil within her in its entirety, and that she sprouts butterfly wings just as it is depicted in the OP video.
Old 2004-06-17, 12:39   Link #30
nephilim
Loves Kaori

how about this for an ending: hikari and akari grew up to be hot sexay mamas and give fan services throughout the entire episode.

Old 2004-06-17, 12:56   Link #31
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
And Sakuranbo gets hit by a car? That's a perfect ending right there.
Old 2004-06-18, 04:05   Link #32
Tommy
Mr. Prince

*thumbs down* I was REALLY hoping that Hikari would kill Takeru in this episode but that was just wishful thinking. BOOO! for a happy ending.

And seriously I hope everone here that is watching this show is checking out Gainix's other FAR better show this season Melody of Oblivion. Which was unfortunatly overlooked by subbers over this piece of crap.
Old 2004-06-18, 05:22   Link #33
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Naw. Final episode should be an all-out deathmatch where Takeru, Hikari, Akari, Ioneous, and Kwan duke it out to determine who is the REAL supreme ruler of the land. Hikari needs to pull some serious DBZ moves (and I actually hate DBZ) on Takeru. What was with that wimpy power-slap, anyways? Ioneus gets to use his little sludge-buddy, which will get it's ass kicked by Akari, and Kwan will pwn everyone else while Ryou stands on the side passively, staring off into space. In the end, they'll all get caught up so much in the fighting, Hikari will forget to destroy the world. Then, Kimi will stand over the broken bodies of the fighters and declare herself queen of the world. Then, we get to see Konomini Season 2: Kimi Ninomiya Pwns U!

Old 2004-06-18, 15:23   Link #34
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
*thumbs down* I was REALLY hoping that Hikari would kill Takeru in this episode but that was just wishful thinking. BOOO! for a happy ending.

And seriously I hope everone here that is watching this show is checking out Gainix's other FAR better show this season Melody of Oblivion. Which was unfortunatly overlooked by subbers over this piece of crap.
Ehh...I don't think that Melody of Oblivion is good. I think that it's unique but definately not FAR better. It's scattered in most places so it's jumping around from point to point. The monsters are kind of laughable also. The protagonist is...too adjusted to his role considering he just found out about his ability. The only good thing I like about it is the OP music by lisa. Any hoo...all of this should be in that thread not this one.

Ambience Blue...you're silly but that's funny!

Old 2004-06-19, 20:27   Link #35
Timon
The Timon

Send a message via ICQ to Timon Send a message via AIM to Timon Send a message via MSN to Timon Send a message via Yahoo to Timon
Spoilers in here if you havn't seen Death to Smoochy, tho I doubt neone will mind...

I don't think a happy ending would be all that bad. Like in Death to Smoochy, in the end everything turned out ok, but for the last few scenes I was holding my breath because it would have been sooo easy for them to have killed Edward Norton's character or to have made him go nuts and kill everyone else.
They kind of have the same thing going on in the last few eps here too, but since most everything else in the show is so cute and cheerful it's kind of hard to really fall into that anxious state. They could have done a bit more to make it seem like an important character dying could really happen. When Mari and Hikari get together it's kind of tense, I almost thought for a second there that they just might off Mari, but they don't, which I was relieved about.
Closed Thread