AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-01, 17:13   Link #21
Guido

Please let Pride being showcased or foreshadowed in the next opening.
Old 2004-07-01, 19:36   Link #22
Ducknuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
is it only me or haven't the rest of you just realized that Sloth has never been displayed in any of the openings up to date?
If Sloth is really the Elrics mother, then she has been in all of the openings. When Al does his monolog (SP?) with the fire and pictures.
Old 2004-07-01, 21:25   Link #23
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prophet
I read on the FMA LJ community that the new OP/ED will air in episode 42(Seems as though 42's the answer to THAT question, eh, HGttG fans?). They are:

OP Theme Music
"RIRAITO" (REWRITE)
ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION

and

ED Theme Music
"I Will ..."
Sowelu
What do ya know--that's correct! The official site just posted the OP/ED change to the above-stated beginning from episode 42.
二人がそれを忘れぬ限り Futari ga soreo wasurenu kagiri|As long as it's never forgotten by these two in love.

君が望む永遠 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien|The Eternity of Your Wish
サカイ殿、漢字のティプ、感謝しました
Sig. Note: The Japanese text is transcribed from the lines spoken in the show by myself (not good enough in Japanese). I'd like everyone knowledgable in Japanese to correct me in any errors|For the English translation: If anyone skilled in English comes up with a better, more poetic interpretation, I'm all ears.
Old 2004-07-04, 17:49   Link #24
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Well, aside from the fact that we're gonig to have to wait a WHILE until episode 42 (I wonder why, though... Greed will have been gone for a long time in that case), this is some of the best news I've heard since I've read about all the licenses recently (Mars Daybreak, Kurau Hiwou too maybe)...

ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION BABY!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-07-04, 19:44   Link #25
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
Still, the only reason I liked the 2nd a whole lot was the 'We are still screaming...' being done just before the End started at emotional moments.
YEAH! I loved that too. Especially when they involved Scar/Scar's arm and whatnot. I don't know why I liked that miniscule detail so much, but it somehow made the song more enjoyable. You gotta love that line, too... "We are always screaming".

I personally despise the current ending, it's just boring and doesn't go well with FMA at all. I ALWAYS skip over it. Not that the song is bad, but I enjoy reading the lyrics (only when I can connect them to the story of FMA, which I can't with the current ending) and listening to the tune. Some may argue the song goes well with Winry, but it really doesn't; it's nothing like her, in fact. Fanservice? If you wanna obsess over Winry's body, go look at some "pics". It's a waste, really.

I'm just hoping that for this final opening and ending they are going to get the best songs possible. Excluding the current ending, all of the FMA songs are amazing and hold a spot on my MP3 player and will for years to come (I think..).

My hope is that they stick with an upbeat opening and an emotional ending. The upbeat opening gets me pumped for the coming ep and the emotional endings make me look forward to the next installment of the rich-plotted tale of the Elric brothers.
Old 2004-07-04, 23:51   Link #26
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi

Send a message via AIM to Akichan
Well the OP is being done by Asian Kung Fu Generation who also did 'Haruka Kanata' for Naruto. It's got an awesome beat and hopefully this one will be the same. (Too bad, I really like UNDO)

Maybe we can hope for some Ed fanservice.

That was my fangirl moment of the day.

New songs? Can't wait!
Old 2004-07-05, 03:53   Link #27
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
Im really glad for new Songs - especially to replace the awful ending song. Undo is just average IMO. Of cource nothing can replace Ready Steady Go and Tobira no Mukou e.
Old 2004-07-05, 04:29   Link #28
dragonstar13
Busy

Ready. Steady. Go was my favorite too. I hated the 1st opening, Melissa. Undo was alright though. Had a nice beat to it. I can't wait til they get rid of the 3rd ending. Yeah Winly's hot, but the song doesn't seem to fit FMA. Too gentle IMO. The last 2 were fine, my favorite would be the 1st though.
Old 2004-07-05, 08:13   Link #29
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermonk
YEAH! I loved that too. Especially when they involved Scar/Scar's arm and whatnot. I don't know why I liked that miniscule detail so much, but it somehow made the song more enjoyable. You gotta love that line, too... "We are always screaming".

I personally despise the current ending, it's just boring and doesn't go well with FMA at all. I ALWAYS skip over it. Not that the song is bad, but I enjoy reading the lyrics (only when I can connect them to the story of FMA, which I can't with the current ending) and listening to the tune. Some may argue the song goes well with Winry, but it really doesn't; it's nothing like her, in fact. Fanservice? If you wanna obsess over Winry's body, go look at some "pics". It's a waste, really.
I completely agree! I too am one of the skip-Motherland-and-go-to-the-preview-directly-people! And I loved Tobira no Mukou he!

Motherland is just the worst FMA ED ever! And I have always disliked the Winry fanservice-thing. What's the point of having Winry flashing her goods, when there are more important issues at hand? It was a real mood-changer!
Motherland is the only FMA OP/ED-song I have refused to keep on my harddrive.

The "We are always screaming"-part was best in Ep. 18. I think it was Amrstrong who was saying something, then the "We are still screaming" started and during that pause in the song (when the music still plays), he finishes his last line and the song continues. Absolutely perfect!

Asian Kung-Fu Generation! Yaaay! Anyone who has heard this and the Sowelu-song, and know if they're any good?
Old 2004-07-05, 09:38   Link #30
j1m0ne
Lost Prophet

Sowelu?!? Uurrgh. If you didn't like Crystal Kay's Motherland, you probably won't like Sowelu since her music's kinda similar. But hooray for Asian Kung-Fu Generation, love 'em.

Here's a picture of Sowelu.
Old 2004-07-05, 10:01   Link #31
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Quote:
Originally Posted by weyoun6
Im really glad for new Songs - especially to replace the awful ending song. Undo is just average IMO. Of cource nothing can replace Ready Steady Go and Tobira no Mukou e.
You think the ending was horrible??? Whoa thats the first time I've heard that...everybody I know loves it including myself and think its the best ending out of all of them.
Old 2004-07-05, 12:07   Link #32
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
You think the ending was horrible??? Whoa thats the first time I've heard that...everybody I know loves it including myself and think its the best ending out of all of them.
its a nice song IMO , but it does not fit into FMA with winry, maybe the fans expected more of ED and AL

ps. Greed sama, we'll still love you and cool joke too
Old 2004-07-06, 01:30   Link #33
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
Quote:
Asian Kung-Fu Generation! Yaaay! Anyone who has heard this and the Sowelu-song, and know if they're any good?
Samples of the songs aren't out yet to listen to. I believe samples for Rewrite by AKFG will be online 7/15...which is really like 7/14 for the US since they're like half a day ahead. Thats like a week away! Can't wait to listen!!! I think *and hope* that AKFG will do full metal alchemist proud with this last opening song. After all, that one they did for Naruto kicked butt. Haven't heard Sowelu, so not sure what to expect from her. Very excited to see the new op/ed though
Old 2004-07-06, 19:53   Link #34
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, I really liked Asian Kung Fu Generation for Naruto . They're really good.
Old 2004-07-07, 09:51   Link #35
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1m0ne
Sowelu?!? Uurrgh. If you didn't like Crystal Kay's Motherland, you probably won't like Sowelu since her music's kinda similar. But hooray for Asian Kung-Fu Generation, love 'em.
Well, it's not the song that is bad, it's just the situation it's in. It doesn't fit in! Motherland doesn't fit into the whole theme of FMA. Especially not in those surprising endings, where the ED is supposed to give you time to think about the episode, but without distracting the viewer... kind of.
And Motherland doesn't allow us to do that! That's why I find it annoying!

I've heard some of Sowelu's song, she's a good singer too. I just hope the song is catchy and with sort of a fast pace, like Tobira no Mukou he and Kesenai Tsumi.

Old 2004-07-14, 23:47   Link #36
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
The new op/ed is still a couple weeks away, but for those who can't wait there's a sample of rewrite now up on Asian Kung-Fu Generation's site. Its only a 33 sec. sample of what will prob. be a 4-5 min. long song, but its better than nothing However, the clip just makes me more curious cause it doesn't really give you the main melody of the song...just part of the chorus.

Click to check it out! (For non-jap. readers, click the third option on the bottom menu to get to the disc. section)

http://www.asiankung-fu.com
Old 2004-07-15, 05:31   Link #37
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Sounds pretty cool, but from this 33-second segment it doesn't seem to stand out from their other songs. I'm sure I'll think differently once I see the opening sequence and all. Still, it sounds great!

I'm worried about the ending. I don't want another Motherland. As others have said, it's a nice standalone song (I love the chorus), but it really doesn't fit FMA at all. I usually watch both OP an ED of all the series I watch, no matter how mediocre, but there are a few OP/EDs that just ruin the mood. Motherland is one of them.
Old 2004-07-16, 15:10   Link #38
rorosama

eeewww, sowelu, she's worse than crystal kay! Although asian kung-fu generation did good on naruto so good catch for bones. Look forward to new opening, dread new ending. Why not more yellow generation?
Old 2004-07-21, 15:49   Link #39
buuZERO
The Anti-Life Equation

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Hahahaha

You can't be serious... better than Tobira no Mukou he??? Not likely. Motherland is the absolute worst ED them for any anime I have ever watched. It simply doesn't fit, and the "Winry Fanservice" is out of place too. Like some others have stated, it simply kills the mood set by the episode, instead of enhancing it like the 2nd ED did. I really do not know what they were thinking when they made this showcase of awefulness for my favorite series

So, the new opening/ending is coming in episode 42 huh? I look forward to Asian kung-fu generation's opening, as I also liked the one they did for Naruto. And hopefully they won't screw up the ED too bad... or else it'll get skipped just like it does now. If they manage to do some good visuals, I don't think it'll be too bad.
Old 2004-07-21, 16:51   Link #40
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
Is it just me, or does anyone else really hate the 3rd ending! (and do Winry's breasts seem a little bit...er...robust in it, like the animaters are trying to show off something?) The music is annoying, and it seems gimicky, I liked the second ending a lot, I would never skip it, but the 3rd, I couldn't even sit through it the first time around.