AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-18, 07:19   Link #21
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
I finished watching this a while ago, and I must say I did enjoy it. Art work and animation seemed to be a little above average. I LOVED the op/ed songs and the rest of the music was pretty to boot too. I liked all of the characters too. I'd say it lost it in the second half somewhat, when the series when from random (hilarious at times) filler, and tried to get into the main plot, and it failed here imo. And the ending is just another generic 1 minute anime ending.

I'd say, it's definately a good grab. Especially if you want some humour and a few okay fight scenes but aren't looking for a deep ass story or anything, as allthough the general setup is pretty good, the story certainly isn't deep, or full of many cool plot twists. But definately a good watch, especially for the first half.

Additionally: Fushigi mystery~~! ^_^

Last edited by SirCanealot; 2004-03-18 at 14:41.
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 10:03   Link #22
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

It's so-so, can watch to pass some free time...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 15:53   Link #23
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
Additionally: Fushigi mystery~~! ^_^
She keeps saying that phrase. I don't think it means what she think it means. ^^ Then again, the pink menace is not known for her intelligence...

I think that Loki is one of the few anime characters that can manage to look bishounen and jailbait at the same time.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 22:10   Link #24
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
It's an okay anime. Nothing especially deep, but not mindless drivel either. If I had to categorize, I'd say it's Magical Boy anime. Done in pretty much shounen style.

It does suffer from some very weak filler episodes, though. Actually, I'd say about two-thirds of the anime can be considered filler.
It looks more like shoujo style to me. Look at all the "bishounen" in there
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 18:42   Link #25
Wicked Child

Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked Child
I enjoyed the series and I normally don't like series like these. I perfer darker themed, more mature, taboo filled type of series.

But this one I liked. It starts off great but it does lose some of it's steam and does seem to be mainly filler. There could have been so much done with it but obviously there wasn't. Regardless it's still worth watching if only for the humor and above average animation.

Mayura is not a pink menace either. She's simply Mayura and I like her. Though Loki, whether jailbait Loki or god Loki is adorable. But Yamino-kun needs love too. Give the mail order catalog obsessed son/butler some credit. ~_^
Wicked Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 00:46   Link #26
Firelightstar

Send a message via AIM to Firelightstar Send a message via MSN to Firelightstar
Matantei Loki Ragnarok?

does anyone know if this is about Ragnarok as well? I found this and it is only up to ep.26 and not to the end.

if this is about ragnarok, does anyone know if they are going to make more of it, like finish making it
Firelightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 01:08   Link #27
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Doesn't anyone know how to use the nifty search feature in this forum?!? If you had searched you would have found the following relevant threads:
And just because your last sentence really irritates me I want to say that I have no idea why you think that 26 isn't the last episode. Considering that you don't have a clue what the show is about it seems unlikely you'd know how many episodes long it should be.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 13:37   Link #28
Kodain
Guntai

Allow me to take part in this conversation. the Anime gives merely a small fragment of the norse mythologi(and some parts arent right either). The reason Oden banishes Loke?=2 things, freja and he is the one who will bring Ragnarök. Is Oden really that powerful?=not really. He is clever from drinking the water of Mimers well where he drops his eye in return. Loke is the god of treachry and tricks. Father of Midgårdsormen and Fenrisulven and Hel, goddes of the underworld. Ragnarök is quite an epic battle. Oden wont do a thing. He gets devoured by Fenris. Tor battles Midgårdsormen but will fall from its poison and they both die. Heimdal has lost his eye to loke?=wrong all wrong. he just stand there guarding Bifrost to blow the horn Gjall that will mean the beginning of Ragnarök. Loke will asemble his sons and Hel will summons the dead. Also he will call the giants. I might talk bout that now, th gifts. Mjölnir, draupnir, skidbladner, gyllenborst, briesing and Gungner. These where presented by the dwarves Fjallar and Gallar (they also made the mead of poetry). the reason was cause Loke had cut of the golden hair from Tors wife. he would repent by giving her new hair+these gifts. he went to 2 dwarves (fjallar and Gallar) and betted his head on it. the gods decided Mjölnir to be th best. the dwarf wanted to cut of his head. but that would mean the neck. so he tok a leather string and sew lokes mouth shut.
Old 2004-10-04, 13:47   Link #29
Kodain
Guntai

However i forgot some things. Frej will die by the giant Surt who wield the sword of fire. Heimdal will duel Loke and both die. Tyr the one handed man who sacrificed his hand to chain fenrisulven kills the hellhound Garm and dies afterwards. Surt will set the world ablaze and none of the 9 wolrds will escape. all die save 2 humans Lif and lifthrasir who will repopulate the world. also Odens and Tors sons Vidar, Vali and Modi and Magni. Also some gods is said to endure the fall of Asgård. In the end of the gods there will be a new world with no cruelty and with the same paradise as the garden of eden...(also Fenrisulven gets 3 childs and Loke is half-giant, which most gods are since theyre from a giant that unfreezed from Nifelheim.
Old 2004-10-04, 13:48   Link #30
dreamless

well the anime is really far from the real Norse mythology itself of course... it's just some guy thinking the Norse mythology sounds cool and take some random names and characters and settings and write his own "cool story". But then I just watch this series mostly for the hot Norns sisters and cute boys anyway
Old 2004-10-04, 13:54   Link #31
Kodain
Guntai

thats quit wrong as well. the 3 has one area each. past, now and future. see them as the systers of fate in greek myths. they control all lives(and i mean ALL). And if Loke wasnt meant to die they cant do jack about it
Old 2004-10-04, 14:41   Link #32
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodain
thats quit wrong as well. the 3 has one area each. past, now and future. see them as the systers of fate in greek myths. they control all lives(and i mean ALL). And if Loke wasnt meant to die they cant do jack about it
Err... I think you are messing up the norse Norns with the greek Fates (Moirae). The Norns are Urd, Verdandi and Skuld, the norse goddesses of fate. the Fates are Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos, the greek goddesses of fate. And actually they have completely different duties and powers. Fates are those who control birth, life, death. Norns are those who represent fate, necessity and being. Also in some versions of both greek and norse mythology, those goddesses of fate have power over even the gods.

Of course those sisters are portrayed quite wrongly in the anime, but then ALL the characters in the anime are portrayed far differently from real Norse mythology. But then I doubt anyone wants to use this anime as a teaching material for Norse mythology anyway

I myself watched this anime to see cute boys and hot girls, not to do study on mythologies

About mythologies, there are tons of info lying around the internet, I suggest anyone trying to get more info on them to use google to search for them.

Oh, and what's "quite wrong"? do you mean it's quite wrong to watch this for the girls and boys? I think I can watch this anime for whatever reason I like If you say the mythological characters in the anime are portrayed quite wrong, well, this anime is never intended to convey the correct concepts about Norse mythology, I bet the guys who made the anime could care less about what's written in the real Norse mythology
Old 2006-04-05, 22:01   Link #33
l.tkiki
Angel Of Four Seasons

I've heard from a fan site that Mayura is the human reincarnation of Loki's wife, I'm kinda freaked out. But is it true? @-@
l.tkiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:04   Link #34
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Not to bring this back from the dead, but I just started getting into this series, and while it's entertaining, at episode 6, I so far can't stand Mayura. Poor Loki gets dragged all over the place by her, and she has no concept about his feelings or thoughts at all. It's always about her.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:25   Link #35
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
at episode 6, I so far can't stand Mayura. Poor Loki gets dragged all over the place by her, and she has no concept about his feelings or thoughts at all. It's always about her.
What you say is true. However, Loki is the one who allows her to drag him all over the place. If he were truly bothered by Mayura, he'd put an end to their relationship. It's certainly within his abilities to do so. Since he doesn't, I figure he must be enjoying himself no matter how much he may grumble.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:43   Link #36
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I love Mayura. D: She's a sweet girl and she and Loki make the cutest couple. X3 I have this whole series on DVD. It took forever but I did it. XD

And if you play the DVDs in your computer, you'll find there are hidden hilarious dub outtakes on each volume!
Old 2008-03-16, 18:33   Link #37
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
What you say is true. However, Loki is the one who allows her to drag him all over the place. If he were truly bothered by Mayura, he'd put an end to their relationship. It's certainly within his abilities to do so. Since he doesn't, I figure he must be enjoying himself no matter how much he may grumble.
It takes enjoyment out of the series for me personally. I'm up to 9 so far, and my view hasn't changed of her. She's un-necessary to the show as of yet. She never listens to anything he says, she has shown no ability in being able to tell if something is bothering him or not, she doesn't even try and get to know him.

I'm more interested in the Freya Goddess and her connection with him.

An example would be this episode 9. He tells her under no circumstance is she to go back to the park where the tree is. So what does she do? She goes to the park. She automatically uses his mansion as she sees fit. She accepts cases without asking him. A very, very irritating character.
Old 2008-03-16, 18:48   Link #38
Chiibi

She doesn't irritate ME. D:
I'll tell you who irritates me....REIYA...argh I can't stand that clingy little brat....
Old 2008-03-16, 19:04   Link #39
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
She doesn't irritate ME. D:
I'll tell you who irritates me....REIYA...argh I can't stand that clingy little brat....
Just finished episode 11. She hasn't really been in more than like 2 episodes so far to irritate, but maybe that'll happen in the later episodes. The way I'm powering through this series, I might be done by late tonight.

Unfortunately Mayura is in every episode so it's easy to irritate.

Offtopic: BTW I love your signature picture. Air was a really good story.
Old 2008-03-16, 19:22   Link #40
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Just finished episode 11. She hasn't really been in more than like 2 episodes so far to irritate, but maybe that'll happen in the later episodes. The way I'm powering through this series, I might be done by late tonight.
I don't like her just because she latches onto Loki like a little leech and always says his name and acts sort of possessive over him AND she's rather useless. It's really annoying.

Quote:
Unfortunately Mayura is in every episode so it's easy to irritate.
I just....I dunno....think she's cute. I just like her....could be her long pink hair. I don't know! XD

Quote:
Offtopic: BTW I love your signature picture. Air was a really good story.
Ah thanks! Yeah....it was...but way too sad!