AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-12, 09:15   Link #1
Freakman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
[Anime] Episode 35 : The Meeting of the Fallen

Quite some insight on Lust's past, some griping scenes, but overall it feels like a filler after episode 34.

Spoiler:




Edit : Thanks for the edit, but i do indeed concur with Yebyosh that "Gusha" is "Fool" (well at least according to Jwpce).
The actual episode makes the meaning clearer.

Last edited by Freakman; 2004-06-12 at 12:15.
Freakman is offline  
Old 2004-06-12, 09:53   Link #2
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NYC
I think your best bet for a title is the english 'The Meeting of the Fallen', even though the current form shouldn't confuse anyone since you have episode 35 in it.

Yeah, it may be a filler, but I get happy whenever there is any Sin action, or even them talking. And if it's a Lust-centered episode then that must mean plenty of Gluttony
Fighter Volk is offline  
Old 2004-06-12, 10:20   Link #3
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
I think your best bet for a title is the english 'The Meeting of the Fallen', even though the current form shouldn't confuse anyone since you have episode 35 in it.

Yeah, it may be a filler, but I get happy whenever there is any Sin action, or even them talking. And if it's a Lust-centered episode then that must mean plenty of Gluttony
Sorry but 愚者の再会 is "Reunion of the Fools".

I already stated few weeks back with the translated synopsis that it is likely to be a filler. Guess I was not wrong...

Bought Gangan today... and its Japanese practice time again
Spoiler for Episode 36 synopsis:


Spoiler for Episode 37 synopsis:


Spoiler for Episode 38 Synopsis:


Spoiler for Episode 39 Synopsis:

Last edited by Yebyosh; 2004-06-12 at 14:42. Reason: Corrections (Thanks Riese!)
Yebyosh is offline  
Old 2004-06-12, 10:53   Link #4
sinner_nightdevil
dark-alchemist
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 25
erm...we're talking about episode 35 only right?
sinner_nightdevil is offline  
Old 2004-06-12, 11:39   Link #5
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner_nightdevil
erm...we're talking about episode 35 only right?
Yah, but some of us don't mind and instead appreciate Yebyosh's translated previews; you can just ignore them if you simply want to talk about episode 35.

I personally haven't seen 35 yet since my main source for FMA has been cut off, so would anyone mind spoiling me who the heck are those new characters I saw in the preivew in episode 34? ^_^
__________________
sarcasteak is offline  
Old 2004-06-12, 12:17   Link #6
Freakman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Sarcasteak :
The girl and the guy with glasses are both temp characters for the filler.
You'll see for yourself when the episode is released. So no new major characters.

Spoiler:
Freakman is offline  
Old 2004-06-12, 12:21   Link #7
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Sarcasteak :
The girl and the guy with glasses are both temp characters for the filler.
You'll see for yourself when the episode is released. So no new major characters.

Spoiler:
Ah. Fill--err, developmental episode characters, eh...

I knew the guy was going to die for certain since he was trying to get all comfy with Lust.
__________________
sarcasteak is offline  
Old 2004-06-12, 14:28   Link #8
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Deep in the realm of "that's wrong!"
Send a message via ICQ to Riese
Response to Yebyosh: I'm stealing your spoiler tags! Sorry! ^^;;

Spoiler for Episode 36 synopsis:


Spoiler for Episode 38 Synopsis:


More personal thoughts: wow, this is somewhat sad. Reading these synopsis, this series sounds like it could easily fall apart and lose what it worked so hard(and so well) to build up.
Riese is offline  
Old 2004-06-12, 19:34   Link #9
The Prophet
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Spoiler for Episode 36 synopsis:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Spoiler for Episode 37 synopsis:
Thank GOD for some humor. If there was any more unrelenting angst, the FMA continuity would implode.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Spoiler for Episode 38 Synopsis:
Well... I DO remember a translation of ep 34's Gangan synopsis as merely being "Armstrong fights a Chimera," so they might spring an Important Revelation on us, like the revelation of Pride or the appearence of Hoenheim. I wouldn't bet my life on it, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Spoiler for Episode 39 Synopsis:
Spoiler:
The Prophet is offline  
Old 2004-06-12, 21:03   Link #10
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The land of ice and snow...
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Akichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Sorry but 愚者の再会 is "Reunion of the Fools".

I already stated few weeks back with the translated synopsis that it is likely to be a filler. Guess I was not wrong...

Bought Gangan today... and its Japanese practice time again
Spoiler for Episode 36 synopsis:


Spoiler for Episode 37 synopsis:


Spoiler for Episode 38 Synopsis:


Spoiler for Episode 39 Synopsis:

Spoiler:


Akichan
Akichan is offline  
Old 2004-06-12, 21:23   Link #11
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NYC
On the subject of the episode summaries...

Spoiler:


And speaking of Fight On, Second Lieutanant...

Spoiler:
Fighter Volk is offline  
Old 2004-06-13, 13:42   Link #12
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The land of ice and snow...
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Akichan
You have a point, things did look a little bleak but...

Spoiler:


About 34...it was...well it's hard to say. I'm going to have to wait for the translation, but it was interesting somewhat.

Spoiler:


I'm not sure it moved the plot at all, unless of course I'm missing something in the dialogue. I was hoping for a new OP/ED, but it didn't happen (of course) but it just seems...out of place now that

Spoiler:


Oh well...here's hoping for more plot in the near future!

Akichan
Akichan is offline  
Old 2004-06-13, 21:03   Link #13
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akichan
You have a point, things did look a little bleak but...

Spoiler:


About 34...it was...well it's hard to say. I'm going to have to wait for the translation, but it was interesting somewhat.

Spoiler:


I'm not sure it moved the plot at all, unless of course I'm missing something in the dialogue. I was hoping for a new OP/ED, but it didn't happen (of course) but it just seems...out of place now that

Spoiler:


Oh well...here's hoping for more plot in the near future!

Akichan
Did you really think there was no plot?

Spoiler for The Theory of Avarice:
Fighter Volk is offline  
Old 2004-06-13, 21:08   Link #14
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Points of this whole episode

Spoiler for Ep35:

Spoiler for Summary of episode:
Yebyosh is offline  
Old 2004-06-13, 22:19   Link #15
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The land of ice and snow...
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Akichan
Oh Volk, you misunderstood me, LOL. ^^ I meant 35. I know 34 was chock full of plotty goodness.

Thanks to Yebyosh for explaining. So it was a little...without point. >< Oh well...I can't wait for the last arc. ^^

Akichan

Edit: Ha ha! No wonder you misunderstood me, I mistyped the episode. >< Curses. LOL
Akichan is offline  
Old 2004-06-13, 22:21   Link #16
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Spoiler for this episode and Lust and Envy:
dreamless is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 05:35   Link #17
Freakman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
[Off Topic] Nice choice of signature dreamless ^^b
Kino no Tabi deserves some more recognition.
Freakman is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 19:04   Link #18
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Gates of Dawn
This ep definitely looks interesting... More things are revealed from before and more will continue to be. Can't wait to find out more out the Sins (mainly Lust in this ep). It was a SPOONful last time around and I'm waiting patiently for another helping. PH33R TEH SPOON =D.
Technovia_EX is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 20:27   Link #19
Drognen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Geez, filler episode. How can we say that?! An alchemist near performed human transformation (healing the girl that ended up dead) without losing anything! It failed, but he was almost there! Perhaps it had something to do with the prayer he was chanting? Ah well. Now we just have to find out how Envy was created.
Drognen is offline  
Old 2004-06-14, 20:46   Link #20
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drognen
Geez, filler episode. How can we say that?! An alchemist near performed human transformation (healing the girl that ended up dead) without losing anything! It failed, but he was almost there! Perhaps it had something to do with the prayer he was chanting? Ah well. Now we just have to find out how Envy was created.
it's because of the power of the pseudo philosopher's stone I think.

anyway even as a filler episode, this original filler story from BONES is surprisingly good. especially compared to some early original filler stories like that Psiren one
dreamless is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.