AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-17, 16:24   Link #41
ChainLegacy
廉頗

This episode was disturbing...
Old 2004-06-17, 16:33   Link #42
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi

Send a message via AIM to Akichan
After getting the chance to see it with linguistical help, it made more sense. (A lot of talking in this one...not much action.) Here's some things that episode 35 brought up for me...and are possible spoilers/speculation

Spoiler:

On episode 36 coming up...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-17, 19:07   Link #43
Seta

Send a message via ICQ to Seta Send a message via AIM to Seta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akichan
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-18, 02:13   Link #44
FlyByNite

This was NOT filler. This episode was deliberately placed after Greed's I believe to show reconfirm the difference between Greed and the other Homunuclus'
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-18, 10:28   Link #45
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Yeah, it may be a filler, but I get happy whenever there is any _Sin_ action, or even them talking.
Rejoice! _Sin_ is here

Regarding the episode:

I'll omit spoiler tags since we are nearly at the 50th post.

Is it just me or does the anime like playing with our feelings? I nearly thought that there would be a small chance for Lust to develop human traits like love. This was underlined really by the flashbacks and although I should know better, the episode managed to deceive me in thinking that Lust would turn partly "good". That fact made the ending even sadder

Oh, and even if it was a filler episode, I still liked it very much ^_^
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
Old 2004-06-18, 11:48   Link #46
realdeal
The Real Deal

damm, so hard to find FMA now its been license. What a pain.
Old 2004-06-18, 16:09   Link #47
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
damm, so hard to find FMA now its been license. What a pain.
Not really, haha. It's not hard to get anything. Just by looking at the amount of people on the torrents, IRC, etc, almost half of the people who seen it before it was licensed are watching it now.

But getting back on topic... I think Lust might be the next Sin to go, I dunno. It's just speculation, so it can't be a spoiler. The previous eps were about Greed and look where he is. So we might be seeing more of Lust in the next couple of eps, along with Ed, Al, and the rest of the FMA cast =D.
Old 2004-06-18, 16:40   Link #48
thiby
Kaizoku Ou

imagine another greed is born. unlikley but what if?
Old 2004-06-18, 19:07   Link #49
avmoghe

I'm the first person to criticize a filler episode. But this episode was kick ass...... we get to see the sins and we get a truly depressing ending. One of the very very very few filler episodes that I can enjoy.
Old 2004-06-18, 23:21   Link #50
thelightandthedark
Ninja Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Quite some insight on Lust's past, some griping scenes, but overall it feels like a filler after episode 34.
This epsiode was dope. FMA keeps getting darker and darker. It was a shame about lust and the guy I think it would be more interesting if she had a human side to her although yes I know then she would be human and not a humonculus
Old 2004-06-19, 05:19   Link #51
Cheesemon
Purokogi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
\

Is it just me or does the anime like playing with our feelings? I nearly thought that there would be a small chance for Lust to develop human traits like love. This was underlined really by the flashbacks and although I should know better, the episode managed to deceive me in thinking that Lust would turn partly "good". That fact made the ending even sadder

Oh, and even if it was a filler episode, I still liked it very much ^_^
That's exactly how I feel, thanks for saving me some time. I don't think I've ever gotten this emotionally into a FMA episode, including Ep. 25. At the end, I was just going "What are you doing?!! AHH!!" It made me pretty angry, man, what a heel turn.

But otherwise, I loved the episode, and I'm surprised to hear it was not in the manga. I'm also surprise to read that the Psiren episode wasn't in the manga too -- that was one of my favourite episodes. I've been waiting for Psiren to return for awhile, but I guess it ain't gonna happen anymore.
Old 2004-06-19, 12:03   Link #52
realdeal
The Real Deal

I think lust did show some human emotions but she maybe just confusing her memories. It looked like she actually did care for the guy, even when they were talking on the chariot but in true nearly turning g00d-make a U-turn and totally evil again fashion, she kills him. It could have been an accident too..she was pretty confused.
Old 2004-06-19, 19:18   Link #53
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

That was a filler episode? Wow that was the best filler episode I've ever seen in my entire life.....WOW

Lust was showing human characteristics yet she was unable to comprehend exactly what she was feeling and therefore ended up slaughtering the entire village. I really feel bad for that girl who was dumped....

btw- I guess there was no new opening
Old 2004-06-19, 20:16   Link #54
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Rejoice! _Sin_ is here

Well, this kind the story development somehow reminds me a lot of episode 18-19 of RahXephon (IMO the most tragic and emotional episodes in all animes ever).
Old 2004-06-19, 20:30   Link #55
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Well, this kind the story development somehow reminds me a lot of episode 18-19 of RahXephon (IMO the most tragic and emotional episodes in all animes ever).
Now that you've mentioned 18-19 of RahXephon--that's the Asahina part, correct? Indeed, I was choking seeing that part. Now try playing through that part in SRW: MX... You have to be Ayato and there's a heart-wrenching response every time the Dolem get hit. And A-Ya-To-Ku-N spelled out in katakana--goddamn some sick people got involved in the creation of the latest SRW...
Old 2004-06-19, 20:37   Link #56
inu-fma88fan

filler episode..oh good

cause i watched the raw (thanks to funi. argg..this is legal, to coment or blame on funi..right?hope so) i didn't get half the stuff going on. i thought they were telling important info and i was like what are you saying. nyway yes and the flashbacks just screwed me up. had to watch it twice to get it straignt
haha
umm episodes are getting darker and darker. lol cool. but so sad.
but lust was cool!! i got to know her more. yay they needed more edness though.
Old 2004-06-19, 20:47   Link #57
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
Now that you've mentioned 18-19 of RahXephon--that's the Asahina part, correct? Indeed, I was choking seeing that part. Now try playing through that part in SRW: MX... You have to be Ayato and there's a heart-wrenching response every time the Dolem get hit. And A-Ya-To-Ku-N spelled out in katakana--goddamn some sick people got involved in the creation of the latest SRW...
yup that part really got to me even though I thought I was quite hardened by watching stuffs like EoE and Saikano earlier... During that mini-arc I was always thinking "oh I think she's going to die", "no it seems she's gonna survive", "hey now I think she's going to die for sure", "errr maybe not", "hey I think finally she died", "what? she didn't die? Guess she'll survive after all"... and right when I feel quite relieved thinking that she's not going to die, after the show develops her character a lot that I feel like really rooting for her, she died one of the most tragic death, if not the most tragic death ever... that left me speechless and feeling down even after days of watching it.
Old 2004-06-19, 21:23   Link #58
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
yup that part really got to me even though I thought I was quite hardened by watching stuffs like EoE and Saikano earlier... During that mini-arc I was always thinking "oh I think she's going to die", "no it seems she's gonna survive", "hey now I think she's going to die for sure", "errr maybe not", "hey I think finally she died", "what? she didn't die? Guess she'll survive after all"... and right when I feel quite relieved thinking that she's not going to die, after the show develops her character a lot that I feel like really rooting for her, she died one of the most tragic death, if not the most tragic death ever... that left me speechless and feeling down even after days of watching it.
I agree. I was really feeling sympathetic for her because she's had that crush for so long and now that she had finally got out into the real world and begun to live her "dream" life with Ayato...bam guess who kills her....ugh such irony is beautiful yet so tragic...snif*

Btw - What do you think is going to happen with Sloth...I mean it is a widely known speculation that Sloth is in fact the "mother" of Ed and Al. Since lust is able to recall some event in her past life you think Sloth can do the same?

Last edited by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-; 2004-06-19 at 21:50.
Old 2004-06-20, 14:26   Link #59
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Unhappy

-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- and dreamless, thank you both oh, so much, for spoiling terribly a series I was just about starting to watch. You rock.
Old 2004-06-20, 14:48   Link #60
Akichan
Ichi wa zen, zen wa ichi

Send a message via AIM to Akichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Btw - What do you think is going to happen with Sloth...I mean it is a widely known speculation that Sloth is in fact the "mother" of Ed and Al. Since lust is able to recall some event in her past life you think Sloth can do the same?
You know, I was wondering about that too. Sloth seems to be rather cold...I personally hope she doesn't because that would be rather messed up considering...

It'll make any time she meets Ed and Al with the intention of fighting interesting though.

Akichan
Closed Thread