AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-06-13, 08:17   Link #1
Hao0600
Shaman King

Help!!! Downloaded the whole file but not yet 100%

Hi... I've been downloading Hunter X Hunter G I Final ep. 1 by Anime-Faith and it's size is 199.47 MB but I've already downloaded 201 MB but the file isn't 100% complete and when I look into the file in it's directory it is still 182 MB.... I am using ABC bittorent client.... Pls. Help I'm only on a 56k connection and i can't afford to download it again...
Hao0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 09:03   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao0600
Hi... I've been downloading Hunter X Hunter G I Final ep. 1 by Anime-Faith and it's size is 199.47 MB but I've already downloaded 201 MB but the file isn't 100% complete and when I look into the file in it's directory it is still 182 MB.... I am using ABC bittorent client.... Pls. Help I'm only on a 56k connection and i can't afford to download it again...
Umm, I don't get your point. It is not unusual that the BT client downloads more MBs than the file is big because the BT client discards some data for some reason*.

Solution: Start the torrent and download the file again (save on the existing file so that it can resume the download)

*In case you want to know the reasons: Sometimes the BT client asks for the same data from more than one source. Consequently you get the same pieces more than once, although you only need it once. The redundant data gets discarded. The other more obvious reason is that you get corrupted data for which you don't have any use.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote