AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-06-14, 02:54   Link #21
Kero Gunsou
ロリが大好きな男

Exclamation

Not all boxes of Pocky are created equal people. Some are single pack (meaning the box only contain one package), some are twin packs(usually for the fancier flavors), and the big box usually have packs of 4. Giant Pocky are individually wrapped.

Kero Gunsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 03:41   Link #22
HoboGod
Necromancer

there is chocolate that can be imported from germany and some people would rather order pocky? yep, i think kj1980 is right....

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 19:52   Link #23
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Pocky sticks !!!!!

Hi all I just recieved the pocky sticks that I ordered from www.asiafoods.com and they are way awesome, has anyone had the chance to try out these delightful choclate covered sticks. Its one of the cleaness things I have ever eaten, with virtually no crumbs, and its almost impossible for you hands to get messy because of the design, goto love the japs and their superior common sense, make a food that you can grip, and eat without a mess. If anyone is interested visit www.amazon.com and search for pocky sticks, they have a couple different flavors(I ordered the choclate). Pocky sticks rock. Btw the regular pocky sticks are around 30 calories each while Giant pocky sticks are 60 calories, so you can eat a dozen of these awesome treats and gain virtually no weight, its pretty damn amazing, I'am about to order another 3 boxes.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 19:56   Link #24
Entropy
Flame warrior

Errr...can't you just go to a Chinatown?

Pocky rocks btw.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 19:57   Link #25
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Hi all I just recieved the pocky sticks that I ordered from www.asiafoods.com and they are way awesome, has anyone had the chance to try out these delightful choclate covered sticks. Its one of the cleaness things I have ever eaten, with virtually no crumbs, and its almost impossible for you hands to get messy because of the design, goto love the japs and their superior common sense, make a food that you can grip, and eat without a mess. If anyone is interested visit www.amazon.com and search for pocky sticks, they have a couple different flavors(I ordered the choclate). Pocky sticks rock. Btw the regular pocky sticks are around 30 calories each while Giant pocky sticks are 60 calories, so you can eat a dozen of these awesome treats and gain virtually no weight, its pretty damn amazing, I'am about to order another 3 boxes.
Isn't that a bit much. Heck even my local Ralphs is selling pocky sticks. And someone please tell me what the heck is the difference between "Men's Pocky" and plain o regular Chocolate Pocky?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 20:00   Link #26
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

POCKY!!!!
STICKS!!!!
I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!

you live in new york, yet you have to order pocky online?
that is.. bizarre.

and yes, pocky is delightful.. what makes pocky so great (for me, anyways) is the VARIETY of pocky. its like the jelly belly of the east!
theres strawberry pocky, green tea pocky, men's pocky, marble pocky, tomato pretz pocky, milk pocky, child's pocky.. the list goes on!

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 20:04   Link #27
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I went to Chinatown in Boston and bought a box of strawberry Pocky sticks a couple of weeks ago. They were pretty good, but I've certainly eaten better things.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 20:08   Link #28
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Isn't that a bit much. Heck even my local Ralphs is selling pocky sticks. And someone please tell me what the heck is the difference between "Men's Pocky" and plain o regular Chocolate Pocky?
...I cannot fathom how much you guys are willing to pay for some breadstick covered in artificially flavored/colored melted sugar... I saw people selling and buying Pocky's at AX when I was there, and the whole concept was really hard to grasp to me why you guys want that...

Anyhow, "Men's Pocky" has a more bitter taste (to me, it tastes like chocolate dipped cigarettes) in comparison to the original chocolate flavored Pocky.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 20:10   Link #29
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Anyhow, "Men's Pocky" has a more bitter taste (to me, it tastes like chocolate dipped cigarettes) in comparison to the original chocolate flavored Pocky.
the bitterness makes it manly.. like black coffee! when your coffee is too bitter, it is too strong.. LIKE A MAN!

RAWR!

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 20:12   Link #30
divarication
zoom zoom zoom

Send a message via AIM to divarication
chocolate pocky tastes a lot like a KitKat bar--and those're cheaper
Old 2004-07-07, 20:14   Link #31
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

Quote:
kj1980:
"Men's Pocky" got more "meat" in it....get my meaning?....
SPINAL-BRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 20:20   Link #32

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma Send a message via Skype™ to Karma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
...I cannot fathom how much you guys are willing to pay for some breadstick covered in artificially flavored/colored melted sugar... I saw people selling and buying Pocky's at AX when I was there, and the whole concept was really hard to grasp to me why you guys want that...

I know. Whenever I go home to Oahu and I see tourists buy them at stores, I laugh because the little kids get all excited about it. But it's like when my friend from Korea somes here, he finds 'soda crackers' to be the most delightful thing he's ever tasted. Go figure.
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 20:21   Link #33
Entropy
Flame warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic

you live in new york, yet you have to order pocky online?
that is.. bizarre.
Lol,I just noticed that he's from Brooklyn,which is the same borough I live in,and I don't have to buy Pocky online.

Seriously though...FF...just go to a freaking Chinatown

Quote:
"Men's Pocky" got more "meat" in it....get my meaning?...
That's just so bad
Old 2004-07-07, 20:26   Link #34
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma
I know. Whenever I go home to Oahu and I see tourists buy them at stores, I laugh because the little kids get all excited about it. But it's like when my friend from Korea somes here, he finds 'soda crackers' to be the most delightful thing he's ever tasted. Go figure.
Speaking of strange things happening in other countries. Exactly what is the deal with all those Disney and Burbury stores? I see em everywhere! I hear in Japan anime watchers are looked down upon for not being able to grow up. Yet flock for Disney. In America anime watchers are considered dorks, nerds and dweebs. and disney watchers are people that can't grow up. So in japan are the people that are flocking to disney stores, dorks dweebs and nerds?

My head hurts after trying to read my own post. Welp hope you understand it.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 20:57   Link #35
HoboGod
Necromancer

another thread about pocky? goddamn it, they aren't that mind-numbingly good. japanese common sence is not superior, putting food on a stick is not an amazing concept. humans have been doing that since we were living in caves. and if you are so obsessed with keeping low weight as to mention the calories, then you shouldn't draw attention to the indulgence of candy in the first place.

german chocolate is far better than pocky, why waste money on importing japanese candy?

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 21:12   Link #36
Entropy
Flame warrior

I thought it was because it tasted good.

And fyi...I enjoy all kinds of candy equally
Old 2004-07-07, 21:19   Link #37
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
the bitterness makes it manly.. like black coffee! when your coffee is too bitter, it is too strong.. LIKE A MAN!

RAWR!
LMAO

Anyway Im not fond of Chocolate pocky... I LOVE strawberry pocky though. I bought some just for my coffee ^^

I have the Giant Strawberry Pocky BTW and its Awesome w/ a good sized mug of Coffee and some New anime to watch ^^

Shit Imma make a pot now !!! *hunts for the coffee can and filters*
Old 2004-07-07, 21:38   Link #38
Entropy
Flame warrior

I prefer the original myself really.
Old 2004-07-07, 21:44   Link #39
jennwenn

I like Pocky, but its freakishly expensive and the box is full of air! There are like 10 sticks in there. And Pocky at anime conventions is even more expensive. Heck, EVERYTHING at anime conventions is overpriced, except the convention itself.

I'd rather buy some rice cake or bubble tea.

My favorite chocolate has got to be Patchi, a Lebanese chocolate brand. Soooo good.

EDIT- I thought Men's Pocky was dark chocolate? I like it. I like the cruchy bumpy Pocky...what kind was it...coconut?
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 22:26   Link #40
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Pocky stick sucks. Although I wanna try bubble tea. Is Tapioca Japanese? Now that's a good drink.

I'm more of a gummy bear person.