AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-05-01, 14:38   Link #181
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah Dallas is looking bad right now...They just don't match-up well verses Golden State and Don Nelson...Mavs biggest mistake was not taking out G-State in the regular season when they had the chance...Avery stupidly rested his starters in the final meeting when he could have put them away...Basketball more than any other sport is all about matchups...

Denver totally blew it aswell...Now I'll have to watch the boring-a$$ Spurs for like the 10th straight year with there all foreign roster featuring like 8 black guys not from America, passing the ball to 108 year old Robert Horry making my stomach turn with his horrendous overall play, but still able to hit key shots...The Spurs are Europe's Team smack dab in the heart of Texas...

Lakers need to pull one out tonight because eventhough I want them to lose, this series entertains me the most with it's high level of beautiful play...Barbosa you and your agent are insane if you don't ask for a HUGE contract extention or trade after this season...
Old 2007-05-01, 14:45   Link #182
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber

The NBA is all about matchups. GS matches up well with Dallas, and they are beating them. Last year, the Dallas team that met the Spurs in the semis was built to play that kind of game, and they beat them in seven games -- although barely and with the help of some piss poor officiating in Games 3 and 4. I don't think I'll ever forget Duncan fouling out of the game because Nowitzki stepped on HIS foot, where there was otherwise zero contact. And when Ginobili fouled out of Game 4 because of a ghost swipe on Jason Terry. It was bullshit, but it was the past.

We're in the midst of the one of the biggest moments of professional sporting history. This Warriors-Mavs series will probably go down as second under the 2004 ALCS as the biggest choke in Sports history. Honestly, everyone was all over the Mavs junk for the regular season. It's fitting, for me, to see them go out like this because I am from San Antonio and I absolutely hate the city of Dallas and most of their sports franchises. Speaking of that, Dallas fans have got to be committing mass suicide by now. First Romo dropped the snap, and now the 1 seed Mavs are getting dominated by an 8 seed.

I've seen 1-3 deficits go 7 games before, and I won't count out the Mavericks to fight back, but I really don't think they can beat this Golden State team. In other news, props to the Spurs on their comeback win last night to take a 3-1 lead. I'll be at the AT&T Center on Wednesday for, hopefully, the series clincher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
The Spurs are Europe's Team smack dab in the heart of Texas...
Europe's team my ass...let's look at the roster.

Tim Duncan-US
Bruce Bowen-US
Jacque Vaughn-US
Robert Horry-US
Michael Finley-US
Matt Bonner-US
James White-US
Jackie Butler-US
Melvin Ely-US
Brent Barry-US

and for the foreigners...

Manu Ginobili-Argentina
Fabri Oberto-Argentina
Tony Parker-France
Fransisco Elson- The Flying Dutchman
Beno Udrih-Slovenia

So the total count is, 3 Euros, 2 Latin Americans, and 10 good 'ol home cooking Americans. Think before you post, please.
Old 2007-05-01, 14:56   Link #183
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

You hate Dallas? Wow didn't know that ...

Well atleast you're a male fan this time around ...

1 game...All Dallas has to do is win one game and all the pressure falls right back to Golden State...As for Denver they sold out and what could have been a promising series win will be a methodical life suffocating journey penned by the old sages and wiseman of the Spurs...If we could just get the Spurs outta these playoffs we could have the high tempo, youth-filled, unpredictable playoff extravaganza I've been dreaming of for years...But as it stands the Spurs will probably make it to atleast the Western Conferance Finals because Golden State will lose the match-up game in that round...I swear if the Finals is Spurs vs. Pistons I'm done with basketball...Phoenix, Chicago, Cavs, Houston, please play with God on your side!!

@ Spurs roster- The Spurs style of play just seems so damn European to me...Tim is from the Virgin Islands anyways so there^^...Obviously I'm highlighting what I don't like about there boring-a$$ess...I imagine the fans overseas love Spur basketball, just an observation..
Old 2007-05-01, 14:58   Link #184
Lebron
I hear voices

When I cut myself, I bleed Rockets Red!

Just thought I share
Old 2007-05-01, 15:02   Link #185
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Barbosa you and your agent are insane if you don't ask for a HUGE contract extention or trade after this season...

He already signed a 5 year extension for 33 mil this year. The Suns got quite the steal.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 15:08   Link #186
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^He needs to sign another one...He has exceled beyond a back-up player...He is 1 level away from all-star caliber...As a starting Shooting Guard he'd average 22 points a game easy...
Old 2007-05-01, 15:39   Link #187
Tommy
Mr. Prince

He will be with the Suns for a long time. Barbosa is big part of the future of this franchise, when Nash eventually retires or leaves.
Old 2007-05-01, 17:39   Link #188
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

He's not a point guard, and I see Nash playing another 5 years anyways...Perhaps he's a humble guy so he won't make noise, but next year anything less than starting in the NBA is a stymie to his overall development IMO...He's too good to be a 6th man for 3 more years...He's damn near franchise level right now...
Old 2007-05-01, 21:56   Link #189
Obi-Wan
*Fansubber

Quote:
@ Spurs roster- The Spurs style of play just seems so damn European to me...Tim is from the Virgin Islands anyways so there^^...Obviously I'm highlighting what I don't like about there boring-a$$ess...I imagine the fans overseas love Spur basketball, just an observation..
US Virgin Islands thank you very much. Besides, he played college ball at Wake Forest. He didn't play any overseas ball like Ginobili, Udrih, etc. And for the record, Elson played at Fresno State. So you lose, as usual.
Old 2007-05-01, 21:58   Link #190
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The Spurs are boring...

Accept it...
Old 2007-05-02, 00:37   Link #191
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Missed a spot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi
Elson played at Fresno State. So you lose, as usual.
Ronnie Turiaf (LAL) played for Gonzaga is he not French? Andrew Bogut (MW) played for Utah, is he not Australian, I could go on you know...

Dallas just dodged death...Wow, now all the PRESSURE is on Golden State to win at home, if not we could be looking at a flip-flop in collapsing...
Old 2007-05-02, 05:17   Link #192
Obi-Wan
*Fansubber

Quote:
The Spurs are boring...

Accept it...
They are boring to you, Mr. Fastbreak. I am tired of people calling the Spurs boring because they are not the Phoenix Suns. The Phoenix Suns are fun to watch but that kind of ball is not going to win an NBA Championship any time soon. The Spurs play solid fundamental basketball. Tim Duncan is easily a top 25 all time player. The Spurs have an All-Star backcourt, a veteran bench, and a top 5 all time head coach. GTFO with the boring talk.

But I'll take the Spurs being called boring if it means 3 championships, a helluva good shot at a 4th one this season, and consistently shutting down all of the "fun to watch" fastbreak teams like Phoenix and Golden State.

Quote:
Missed a spot...

Ronnie Turiaf (LAL) played for Gonzaga is he not French? Andrew Bogut (MW) played for Utah, is he not Australian, I could go on you know...

I am pointing out that you say the Spurs are Euro, or they play Euroball, when two thirds of the god damned team is American, and one of the THREE Europeans on the team played college ball in America. As the GEICO caveman says, "Next time maybe do a little research."

Anyway, for my comments on the Warriors/Mavs Game 5, this is what I posted at another site...

Despite the loss, I can't help but notice several positives for Golden State in Game 5.

First, they were down 21 points to Dallas on the road and at that point, the Mavs were playing their absolute best and the Warriors were playing like crap. They turned it around and by halftime, they were only down 7 points, which was practically 6 because of the technical called on Stackhouse as the teams were heading to the locker rooms. Golden State was able to hang with Dallas in the third and closed the quarter by bringing the deficit to only 3 points. In the 4th quarter, they were able to go up by 9 points with 3 minutes left. For those not good at math, they pulled a 30 point swing in the course of one game.

What killed the Warriors at the end of the game was when they went to a halfcourt set to burn clock. The Mavericks thrive on the halfcourt game. This Dallas team was built to defeat San Antonio, who plays perhaps the best halfcourt game in the NBA. Fastbreak teams cannot play halfcourt sets against the Mavs and hope to win. In Game 6, Golden State needs to keep chucking up 3s and high percentage 2 point field goals and they'll be fine.

When Dallas is behind in a game, they usually run isolation plays with Dirk. Golden State can take them out of their game easily, forcing them to get flustered and become a jump shooting small ball team...something Golden State is much better at than Dallas. But looking at that game in the first half, Dallas was playing like a 67 win team and Golden State was playing like a true 8 seed...and look how fast it turned around. If I am the Warriors, I'm not worried. The halfcourt sets at the end of the game killed them, plus that ticky tack foul that sent Davis to the bench.

So despite Golden State losing, I think they will regroup rather easily and come out swinging in Game 6. Their home crowd has been absolutely nuts and I expect it to be even crazier on Thursday. Sucks that I won't be able to watch the game because I'll be at a concert

If Dallas manages to win this game somehow, they will blow out GS at home for Game 7. I would love to see Dallas choke out of the first round, so all my money is on the Warriors in Game 6.
Old 2007-05-02, 18:40   Link #193
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well, it's not as if I don't respect the Spurs, but they are very hard to watch...They are so methotical and plotting..Even Tony Parker who used to be really exciting has conformed to this half-court mentality...Ginobli is the only player who colors outside the lines in his play...The rest of the guy's (even Micheal Finley) just seem so blazaah blazaah in their mannerisms...We can't pick where we are born or what teams we wind up rooting for because of that...So I guess I'd be a Spurs fan too if I was in San Antonio, but aside from that i find their play unenjoyable to watch at times...

I totally respect Tim Duncan as far back as Wake Forest where as a Senoir I thought he was a better defensive center than a pro Shaq...I even wanted them to win their first title in the NBA strike season, but after seeing them win championships and curtail their style of play more to the hal-court international style (There are two FIBA styles mind you) they bore me...

Not only does Phoenix play an uptempo free-flowing style, but nearly every team in the playoffs BUT THE SPURS are capable of this (I subtracted wack a$$ Miami who was my team last year but I turned my back on after they kept the ancient roster the same over the offseason--Detroit even at times can push it)...It's a matter of preference and when Spurs games are on I generally change the channel...That's not to say other teams like Detroit don't bore me to death too, but series like Lakers-Suns, Dallas-Warriors, Wizards-Cavs (If only Arenas hadn't been hurt) are much more enjoyable because of the high octane style of play...There's a reason Spurs-Nets Spurs-Pistons were 2 of the lowest rated FINALS series in modern history...
Old 2007-05-02, 20:50   Link #194
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
He's not a point guard, and I see Nash playing another 5 years anyways...Perhaps he's a humble guy so he won't make noise, but next year anything less than starting in the NBA is a stymie to his overall development IMO...He's too good to be a 6th man for 3 more years...He's damn near franchise level right now...

I know he's not but he plays point whenever Nash sits out. The Suns have yet to find a backup PG that fits well in their system. Also another great thing about the Suns is they have a lot of versitle players that aren't just specific role players, the perfect example would be Diaw. He's played center, small and power forward and is the second best playmaker on the team. Back to Barbosa I think he stays because Dan D'antoni has been very close with him developing his skills over the years. Barbosa has said that he is happy coming off the bench and you can tell he's not a selfish player, well not yet anyways.

Last edited by Tommy; 2007-05-02 at 21:01.
Old 2007-05-02, 21:20   Link #195
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
What killed the Warriors at the end of the game was when they went to a halfcourt set to burn clock. The Mavericks thrive on the halfcourt game.
They were up by 9, and slowing the game is a right choice for the offense. If they had defended Dirk, and prevented those 3's, that gave Dallas the momentum, and urged the Warriors to make mistakes, the result would have been different. If I were Nelson, I would have ordered my players to foul the other team's players to also slow their offense. As long as I would have played safe, I would have protected the difference. It would be like the stressful and painful Euro games at the end, but who cares, they were one game away from eliminating Dallas and sending them to an exciting vacation at Miami. And, it wouldn't be any worse than the Detroit games from their championship year.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 22:25   Link #196
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

GSW has to win back home for game 6...waiting 13 years for your home team just to reach the playoff is a long time...but honestly i wanted the Warriors to lose game 5 just so they can come back home and win at home instead of the road...as a home fan i'm just glad that the Warriors made it to the playoff...Lakers and Spurs have to lose because them 2 teams are like the teams that GSW cannot beat...
NibelungTaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 22:49   Link #197
Sazelyt
F i n

Honestly, Dallas may be the only good team that the Warriors are capable of eliminating (probably Nelson's curse). Anyway, if the game against Dallas were to be played at Warriors's hometown, they wouldn't have lost that game.

I am waiting for tomorrow's games, Houston-Utah and Dallas-Warriors. They will be really interesting.
Old 2007-05-02, 23:46   Link #198
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

this GSW vs Mavs is kind of like Super Bowl in 2002 (5 years ago??) and I hope that it will turn out the same way....Gruden brought the Raiders back from disaster and Nelson with the Mavs...In their first year with their new team, both are facing against their old team (gruden vs the raiders, and nelly vs the Mavs)...Gruden defeated his old team the Raiders, and Nelson better defeat his old teams the Mavs...
the next year, the Raider's star Rich Gannon got hurt and the Raiders are in the turmoil that they are in now...will this happen with the Mavs and their star Dirk?
Did I also mention that the Raiders and the Warriors are from the city (at least right now they are)?
NibelungTaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 00:16   Link #199
Obi-Wan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
They were up by 9, and slowing the game is a right choice for the offense. If they had defended Dirk, and prevented those 3's, that gave Dallas the momentum, and urged the Warriors to make mistakes, the result would have been different. If I were Nelson, I would have ordered my players to foul the other team's players to also slow their offense. As long as I would have played safe, I would have protected the difference. It would be like the stressful and painful Euro games at the end, but who cares, they were one game away from eliminating Dallas and sending them to an exciting vacation at Miami. And, it wouldn't be any worse than the Detroit games from their championship year.
I am just saying, the Warriors are not good at that kind of style. The should have run up the score instead of try to burn clock in halfcourt sets. Honestly, what would've worked better for them would be just risking 24 second violations on every possession by moving the ball and chucking up a clown shot with the clock winding down. Baron Davis has been doing that all series, no reason why it wouldn't have worked. They should have run up the score though. Oh well, they will learn from their mistakes.

Good to see the Spurs close out the Wendy's 99cent Chicken Nuggets tonight. Pretty close game until Finley hit some clutch 3s down the stretch. He made a franchise record for most threes in a playoff game with 8 threes. Nice. Spurs will probably play Phoenix now. The series will be less physical and I have no doubt that Phoenix will struggle with the Spurs defense and be forced to play a halfcourt game. The X Factor for Phoenix is Barbosa since he has wicked speed and can hit shots. I'm sure Tony Parker will do well against Nash's piss poor defense. He usually does.

I'm picking Spurs in six. But if they play the Suns like they did in the last meeting of the regular season consistently over the series, it could be over in 4 or 5.
Old 2007-05-03, 01:01   Link #200
Sazelyt
F i n

Spurs really have the dino-factor with Horry and Finley. And, interestingly, it still works. Hopefully they will run out of breath against the Suns. I guess, I have made my choice clear, here. Anyways, assuming that Dallas is eliminated, this might be the most serious run for championship for the Suns, as also Nash's future is still questionable regardless of how it has evolved earlier. Though, I am still rooting for the Jazz, until they are eliminated (hopefully not tomorrow/today).