AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 00:07   Link #521
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

shaq: Kobe, tell me how my a$$ tastes^^...

Poor Kobe, to be the best basketball player in the known universe, yet he's probably the least respected "MAN" in the entire sports industry, unlike Jordon who was still one of the guys despite his god-like appeal...That's what happens to snitches and rats...Break the man-code and live a life of shadowy despair despite the wealth and fame that comes...
Old 2008-06-25, 00:59   Link #522
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Poor Kobe, to be the best basketball player in the known universe,
I don't think, he himself even believes that...That is what he gets for only praying for that to happen, instead of concentrating on "just" doing that, for a quite long time.

And, quite honestly, I would like to see Kobe and Lebron exchanging teams and seeing how each performs with worse and better teams - or teammates and/or coach. I think, that would make the answer clear.
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 11:50   Link #523
tenken627
what Yagi said

It's official.

The Seattle Sonics have left for Oklahoma City. They keep their colors and history on the chance that a team comes back, but for now, there is no more professional basketball in Seattle.
Old 2008-07-06, 12:39   Link #524
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

That is a hard to understand way to satisfy Seattle. If another team comes back that has also a history, what will they do, join both? Or erase the first one's?
Old 2008-07-06, 17:18   Link #525
Z3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
That is a hard to understand way to satisfy Seattle. If another team comes back that has also a history, what will they do, join both? Or erase the first one's?
From the very little I read and heard, I think I overheard a proposal Seattle would be offered an expansion team to let their franchise leave to Oakland so the fans wouldn't complain (as much anyway) about the team leaving b/c of the owner's adamant decision to leave, no matter what. So I don't think a team with a history will come, but rather, an expansion team at most will perhaps be made sadly, if one does show up.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 01:05   Link #526
Z3120

Edit: NM. Mixed up owners and names.

Last edited by Z3120; 2008-07-07 at 03:00.
Old 2008-07-07, 16:16   Link #527
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I think everybody but the non-Seattle players are trying to figure that out. But from what I understand, whoever moves to Seattle has a choice either erase it or leave the old one behind.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 16:47   Link #528
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Regardless of the choice being made, that still is not an encouraging process for the fans. The best idea would be letting the team keep the history instead of the city to avoid any misconceptions because of team relocations, but the team history is highly coinciding with the history of the city it was a part of. And it is also true that the team itself that created the success of the franchise.

In this case, it is better to allow the Sonics stay death until an expansion team is created. But, then, it would make relocation equal to expansion, and from a management point of view, or the city's where the team is relocating to, that may not be acceptable, as the management bought it also for its history and the new city wants to embrace the team with such history. This way the relocating team would establish itself among the new fans easier. But, that point is debatable. Sometimes, it may be easier for the fans to start a fresh with a completely new team, instead of sharing it with another city.

We will see what happens, but, based on the what we have seen so far, the disappointment among the fans in Seattle, the requirement to have an expansion may not be cleared within the allowed time frame (which is NBA agreeing to expansion and Seattle having a better arena), and that might prevent claiming the Sonics name and history forever (well, until the Oklahoma City team is brought back to Seattle). In any case, Oklahoma will keep a share of it regardless of the outcome in Seattle. And, if a relocation happens to Seattle, it will be Oklahoma who will be the sole owner of that history.
Old 2008-07-07, 20:01   Link #529
Z3120

Got this from insidehoops.com

There's Slimy, and Then There's Just Pathetic:

Quote:
As part of the deal, Clay Bennett and his Oklahoma henchmen got approval to make duplicate KeyArena championship banners to display in OKC. It's another textbook case of rich American guys mistaking wealth for achievement. Maybe if they cough up another 500 mil, they can get forged copies of all those Celtics banners, too.
- Ron Judd link

Seattle and Oklahoma City will share the Sonics' franchise history

Quote:
For now, the two parties agree to share the history of the team that played 41 years in Seattle. The Oklahoma City team will refer to Sonics records, statistics and history as its own.

According to the agreement, if Seattle is granted an expansion team in the next five years, that franchise will share the Sonics' history with the Oklahoma City team.

If Seattle lands a team through relocation of an existing franchise, most likely the Oklahoma City team will retain sole possession of the Sonics history.
link

Ouch...
Old 2008-07-09, 15:07   Link #530
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Folks, the Seattle business is not over yet.
Old 2008-07-09, 15:16   Link #531
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

In other news, Clippers fans get screwed by losing Brand and Maggette. In return, all they've managed to aquire is Baron Davis.

It's back to the lottery again!
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 01:10   Link #532
Z3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Stern is such a sell-out.
Old 2008-07-17, 00:14   Link #533
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Wow... what a day in transactions. James Posey signs with the Hornets? Marcus Camby traded to the Clippers for the mere option of swapping second-round picks?
Old 2008-07-17, 01:07   Link #534
fallin up
my life is a harem

wow for sure! the clippers basically stole camby. but i bet the nuggets have a big move up there sleeve. why else would they need to make space in the salary cap? as for Posey. Posey is a great player and i respect him, but it just seems to me that this guy is after the hardware and money more than a steady relationship with a team.
fallin up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 07:26   Link #535
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nuggets moved Camby to avoid luxury tax didn't they? The Knicks were stupid not to move Randolph for the same reasons especially since his contract goes to 2011 or 2012 and will take up a lot of cap space which they could use to throw at one of Lebron/Wade/Bosh.. heck they will probably have enough to throw a max contract at one anyway... with Zac gone they might've got 2 of those 3.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 03:38   Link #536
mg1942

The LXIII NBA season (2008-2009)

2008-2009

Will Western conference be as competitive as 2007-2008?

Last year's regular season was THE most competitive i've seen. It's so competitive that not a single Western Conference team had secured a playoff spot in April, and the 8th seeded team (Denver Nuggets) was just 6.5 games behind the 1st seed (LA Lakers) Eastern conference on the other hand was just about Celtics, Cavaliers, and Pistons.

My bitter memories about the Lakers loosing to Celtics in NBA finals is still fresh. I still can't forget how the heavily favored lakers blew a commanding 24 pt lead (To celtics fans... game 4 was the largest comeback in the NBA Finals history) and lost, and how the Celtics soundly thrashed the Lakers 131–92 in game 6. Me and the people closest around me were depressed for like a week after the NBA Finals.

Anyways.....

Today I watched King James (and Co) vs the Bulls.
He saw defenders come at him from all angles and did what he normally does..... he made them look invisible.

Some HD Highlights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYKrapjxcNQ&fmt=18
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 03:55   Link #537
mg1942

I hope LXIII NBA officiating will be clean and No BS like I saw in the past 3 years
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 05:50   Link #538
solomon

Ummm, why is OKC getting a team? I understand the hornets moving to New Orleans but surely there must be a more deserving market? Like Maybe STL or KC?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 14:18   Link #539
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Ummm, why is OKC getting a team? I understand the hornets moving to New Orleans but surely there must be a more deserving market? Like Maybe STL or KC?
Because Clay Bennett the man who bought the team in 06 is from OKC, and always wanted to put a team there. It was just convenient that Seattle had a run down arena and wasn't willing to finance any % of building a new arena.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 16:53   Link #540
solomon

The Buisness side is always wierd like that, like how LA STILL has no NFL team.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote