AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-05-23, 00:11   Link #601
kramerica

I don't think I've ever seen LeBron so happy in my life either O_o

Reminds me of that .4sec shot in that Lakers playoff game back in 04.

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 00:30   Link #602
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Two things will likely happen from this:

1.) The Magic are crushed from this heartbreaker while the Cavs are riding high in Orlando and rise to victory.

2.) Magic now know, despite the loss, that they can beat the Cavs with the three, since the Cavs have yet to prove that they can stop it and ride it to victory.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 01:08   Link #603
Thingle
Banned

Nah, this will go to game 7.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 02:52   Link #604
LelouchZer0

Take a look at this buzzer beater shot by LeBron James:

http://eezweb.com/share-96E9_4A1794C7.html
LelouchZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 10:31   Link #605
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
2.) Magic now know, despite the loss, that they can beat the Cavs with the three, since the Cavs have yet to prove that they can stop it and ride it to victory.
Thats the thing I'm most worried about and a lot of it has to do with just bad coverage of players on the court. Towards the end of the game the Cavs kept leaving players wide open out behind the arc allowing for easy threes by the magic. The Cavs need to maintain a lead throughout if they wish to beat the magic, because with the way the Magic hve been shooting the long shots they'll probably win most of those last second games.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 21:49   Link #606
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Thats the thing I'm most worried about and a lot of it has to do with just bad coverage of players on the court. Towards the end of the game the Cavs kept leaving players wide open out behind the arc allowing for easy threes by the magic. The Cavs need to maintain a lead throughout if they wish to beat the magic, because with the way the Magic hve been shooting the long shots they'll probably win most of those last second games.
The problem I believe is that the Cavs have a bad matchup when it comes to both Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu. The Cavs' forwards are either too short or too slow, and it's not often that a team has not one, but two 6'9"-6'10" players that can drive and shoot the three like a guard. So I assume that the Cavs lay off on the assumption that the Magic can't stay hot from three point range forever and that they'll go cold eventually.
Old 2009-05-24, 22:37   Link #607
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

As expected, the Cavs didn't stop Orlando's three ball. And they loss.

But, the largest problem is:

Cavs' supporting cast:
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Mo Williams, Delonte West= 13/35 FG combined. They're not going to win if they keep struggling.

LeBron missing more free throws than Dwight Howard isn't helping. If Cleveland loses next game, this series is all but over.
Old 2009-05-24, 23:02   Link #608
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Not to mention the that Varejao fouled constantly in the 4th everytime the Cavs were around 4 points from the Magic, effectively killing any of their comebacks.

Ilgauskas was the biggest dissapointment for me, as he was basically a non-factor on offense. The game rested too much on Lebrons shoulders in the 2nd half. Their biggest stuggles they must overcome are stopping the outside shot and bad shooting by Mo and the supporting crew.
Old 2009-05-24, 23:10   Link #609
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Having an over-the-hill Ben Wallace in PF didn't really help the Cavs either. The Cavs lack the inside presence compared to Orlando having the most dominant center in the league with Howard and also a versatile forward like Lewis. On nights like this where LeBron's shooting isn't as consistent, being able to grab rebounds and score in the post is all the more important. Ilgauskas and Varejo are good, but overall the team leans too heavily on LeBron.

But man, the conference finals have been exciting this year. The championship game is going to be great, whoever ends up in it.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 23:19   Link #610
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Ilgauskas and Varejo are good, but overall the team leans too heavily on LeBron.
That's what Mo Williams was brought in for, and it had worked all year up until this point. Mo Williams was a reliable second option, which allowed West and the others to get more open shots. This allowed LeBron to play less minutes this season than any other.

Makes you wonder how it would be different if Carlos Boozer hadn't bailed a couple of years ago.
Old 2009-05-26, 22:48   Link #611
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

God, 17 threes on 37 attempts by the Magic. The Cavs can't stop it. Though, I thought that that final shot by LeBron was going in. The one good thing the Cavs did this game was put in Daniel Gibson and Wally S. They both, Gibson especially, made positive contribution.

The series is all but over, I'm hoping the Cavs pull through at home, though.
Old 2009-05-26, 22:52   Link #612
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Really hard fought battle by both teams. You could tell the Cavs were fatigued in OT though, LeBron had caused some careless turnovers with bad passes and Howard scored against Varejo at will. But the game still came down to one shot despite all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla
The series is all but over, I'm hoping the Cavs pull through at home, though.
Only a handful of teams have come back from 3-1. Suns coming back against the Lakers in 2006 is the only one I seem to remember. But I think that if anyone can do it Cleveland can.

Old 2009-05-26, 23:03   Link #613
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I actually think that Cavs will by a sizable margin(5-10 points) at Cleveland, then lose Game 6. This isn't becuase I'm anti-Magic since I'll be cheering for them assuming they advance, but becuase the Cavs will be playing ultra-hard to avoid going out at home.
Old 2009-05-27, 10:25   Link #614
Rurik
Golden

Im supporting the Cavs, but right now, I doubt they can pull off a 3 – 1 deficit, Magic are playing great Basketball, whereas Cleveland supporting cast is lacking.

The Cavs could pull it off, I feel that the Cavs should had focus more on last night game and game 1, both game were games that the Magic have come back from behind in the second half to win both games.

Now, If Cavs force a game 7, I doubt the Magic win the series, but I just don’t see the Cavs reaching a game 7.

Can you Imagine…Denver vs Orlando in the finals?
Old 2009-05-28, 21:38   Link #615
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla
I actually think that Cavs will by a sizable margin(5-10 points) at Cleveland, then lose Game 6. This isn't becuase I'm anti-Magic since I'll be cheering for them assuming they advance, but becuase the Cavs will be playing ultra-hard to avoid going out at home.
Might not even get to game 6.

Once again, the Cavs blow a sizable lead in the first half to make it a close margin game for the second. I guess the home court advantage just isn't enough to bury the Magic's determination.

Orlando outscored Cleveland by 16pts in the 2nd quarter. You gotta wonder what kind of talk Mike Brown laid down for the team during the half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Can you Imagine…Denver vs Orlando in the finals?
Unfortunately, yeah. I'd still watch, but I freely admit at the risk of sounding bandwagon...it wouldn't grab my attention like a LeBron-Kobe showdown.

Old 2009-05-28, 21:44   Link #616
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Argh, I'm so frustrated with the Cavs right now. They cannot hold onto a lead in this series for the life of them. It doesn't seem like they are executing their roll-over defense well enough, thus leaving the magic open for those asy outside shots.
Old 2009-05-28, 21:50   Link #617
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Unfortunately, yeah. I'd still watch, but I freely admit at the risk of sounding bandwagon...it wouldn't grab my attention like a LeBron-Kobe showdown.
Cheering for the underdog is starting be cliche in itself.

Ugh, Cleveland are the thesis of blowing leads, had they held these wide margins they built like they are capable of doing, then they would be heading to 3-2 rather than being on the fringe of being eliminated. No matter what quarter it is, blowing 20 point leads twice is inexcusable.

Find yourself some perimeter defense in the offseason, Ferry.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-05-28 at 22:11.
Old 2009-05-28, 22:07   Link #618
mg1942

Sorry for those who are anticipating Kobe vs LeBron match. It's not gonna happen.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 22:35   Link #619
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Cavs finally gets hot in the end of a game and staves off elimination.
Old 2009-05-28, 23:14   Link #620
Thingle
Banned

There's two words why I'm going for the Cavs no matter what: Ben Wallace.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote