AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-05-02, 03:05   Link #761
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Memphis ain't a true 8th seed... They tanked on purpose to get the spurs... They match up well against every contender left as well.

As for Wade tearing up the celtics people forget how outstanding he was afainst them in the playoffs last year.. He did way better than Kobe and lebron did last season
Undoubtedly, Wade is very capable. But it helps that Wade isn't the only focal point of Boston's defense now. They have to spread themselves to cover James and Bosh as well. James still scored enough, Bosh outrebounded Garnett. Allen was easily Boston's best, Miami will struggle to contain him. But they probably figure that's fine as long as Rondo and Garnett are restricted.

Memphis are doing what they are capable of doing. They lack some size at the guards but that's not hurting them. They are dominating the paint and forcing turnovers out of the guards. As for Game 1, well...OKC had Durant and Westbrook doing what they needed to do on offense and Ibaka on defense. Whereas Memphis had a solid performance from about 8 players. Oklahoma scored what they needed to but leaked far too many points. They'd better start playing some defense ASAP or this series could be over faster than Memphis beat San Antonio in.
Old 2011-05-02, 19:41   Link #762
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

While I'm happy the Heat took care of business in Game 1, someone(either Chalmers or Bibby) else will have to step up and contribute offensively in Game 2. I doubt the Celtics will leave James James open as much as they did.
Old 2011-05-02, 23:05   Link #763
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Wow, Atlanta won in Chicago for Game 1. Johnson was on fire, Crawford was a great super-sub. But the big issue is Rose hurt his ankle again right at the end of the game. If he's not in a good way, Chicago are in big trouble.

Lakers up by 9 at half time against Dallas. But Dallas rally hard and win it by 2! Impressive road win. Phil Jackson is furious...he walked out of the media questioning pretty quickly, right when they were still asking.

Geez, the only team to win at home in Game 1 was Miami.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-05-03 at 00:39.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 04:54   Link #764
solomon

Wow, what a playoff year.

And I can't believe my eyes, SOUTH FLORIDIANS ARE SHOWING UP FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE DOLPHINS, IT'S A MIRACLE!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 09:18   Link #765
yeahitschris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Wow, Atlanta won in Chicago for Game 1. Johnson was on fire, Crawford was a great super-sub. But the big issue is Rose hurt his ankle again right at the end of the game. If he's not in a good way, Chicago are in big trouble.

Lakers up by 9 at half time against Dallas. But Dallas rally hard and win it by 2! Impressive road win. Phil Jackson is furious...he walked out of the media questioning pretty quickly, right when they were still asking.

Geez, the only team to win at home in Game 1 was Miami.
i would be too, Gasol had TWO horrible plays in both ends of the floor. cept Kobe's last attempt to win it
Old 2011-05-03, 09:35   Link #766
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Jackson's gripe, which he was VERY vocal about in the media conference and just repeated it until he;d had enough then stormed out, was that the Lakers has a 16 point lead then treated the game like it was won. The Mavericks reduced that lead to nearly nothing quickly. That is what is getting to Jackson.

Kobe's conference was rather jocular. He knew this was one they shouldn't have lost. But his own colours weren't lowered tonight, so he decided to make light of the situation and prevent doom from coming over the Lakers camp. Nowitzki's conference was a good one - nice to see him relish that resilient win. Both camps were very vocal about how Kidd's defense late in the game was a deciding factor, although Kobe dodged the issue amusingly.
Old 2011-05-03, 20:29   Link #767
Prodigy
Heartless

Well Boston's down by 13 with less than 2 mins to go. I think this is as far as they go this year. Based off of these two games, I think they will most likely lose the series. That Perkins trade really killed them. A real stupid move by the management. What was the point of the trade when both Krstic and Green barely play.

Rose won MVP. Rose is a great player but I think the media is overrating him.

I would love to see the Grizzlies pull off another huge win tonight.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 20:32   Link #768
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Depressing game, but this is what happens when you get so little production by Pierce and Allen along with such a phenomenal performance by Wade and Lebron. Not sure if the C's can dig out of this hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Well Boston's down by 13 with less than 2 mins to go. I think this is as far as they go this year. Based off of these two games, I think they will most likely lose the series. That Perkins trade really killed them. A real stupid move by the management. What was the point of the trade when both Krstic and Green barely play.
I don't think the Perkins trade really has anything to do with it. Pierce and Ray aren't playing up to their best performances, and the Heat are on fire, no pun intended. If the Celtics were clicking too this might be a closer game but they just can't seem to get it together. Almost reminds me of the Patriots loss to the Jets this past playoff season.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 13:35   Link #769
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Depressing game, but this is what happens when you get so little production by Pierce and Allen along with such a phenomenal performance by Wade and Lebron. Not sure if the C's can dig out of this hole.

I don't think the Perkins trade really has anything to do with it. Pierce and Ray aren't playing up to their best performances, and the Heat are on fire, no pun intended. If the Celtics were clicking too this might be a closer game but they just can't seem to get it together. Almost reminds me of the Patriots loss to the Jets this past playoff season.
A big part of that has been what LeBron, Wade and company have done defensively. They've chased them off the 3-point line and made penetration difficult both games.

Rondo's struggles have also made things easier.
Old 2011-05-04, 13:39   Link #770
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Rondo actually played pretty well last night. I don't mean to downplay what Miami are doing, because obviously they've got enormous amounts of talent. But having watched this Celtics team for some time now, I know that Pierce isn't playing his best. The impeccable defense certainly doesn't help, but I think there's simple bad performances being put out right now as well.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 00:05   Link #771
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Rondo actually played pretty well last night. I don't mean to downplay what Miami are doing, because obviously they've got enormous amounts of talent. But having watched this Celtics team for some time now, I know that Pierce isn't playing his best. The impeccable defense certainly doesn't help, but I think there's simple bad performances being put out right now as well.
The stats were but Rondo imprints really didn't appear to be on the game.

You're right though. Pierce and company need to step up.

While I'm a Heat fan(been one since late '04), I respect for the Celtics and I'm a fan of Pierce, KG, Allen and even J.O. as individuals.

On another note, Artest is still a punk.
Old 2011-05-06, 03:50   Link #772
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Oh no! The Lakers lost 2 games at home, and Artest got suspended! If the Mavs win 2 at home, then the Lakers are doomed, and we won't see the two Gasols in the Conference Finals.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 05:53   Link #773
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Makes for an interesting playoffs. Very little is going to script.
Old 2011-05-06, 23:31   Link #774
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I might jizz my pants if the Lakers get swept.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 23:33   Link #775
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Wouldn't it be ironic if it's a Dallas-Miami Finals series and we get the rematch of the epic 2006 series?! It could happen, the way things are going.

Mind you, if Chicago do things like Rose dropping 44 on Atlanta, Miami will have a hard time making it.
Old 2011-05-06, 23:43   Link #776
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

So beautiful to watch the Lakers die painfully..Phil Jackson was actually COACHING for the first time in an eon and still got beat...Screaming like a hobo with a shotgun...Kobe's tears are butter on my toast..Please sweep these actors, puleeeze...Go Mavs! My Hornets are so trash for getting rid of Chandler and Peja, we sure could have used them...CP3 should be getting his flight ticket after watching this...
Old 2011-05-07, 00:29   Link #777
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
So beautiful to watch the Lakers die painfully..Phil Jackson was actually COACHING for the first time in an eon and still got beat...Screaming like a hobo with a shotgun...Kobe's tears are butter on my toast..Please sweep these actors, puleeeze...Go Mavs! My Hornets are so trash for getting rid of Chandler and Peja, we sure could have used them...CP3 should be getting his flight ticket after watching this...
How about CP3 and Dwight Howard team up somewhere?
Old 2011-05-07, 02:13   Link #778
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

No NBA team has come back from 0-3 to win a best-of-7 series, but it has happened four times in US sports history: thrice in the NHL (1942 Toronto Maple Leafs, 1975 New York Islanders, and 2010 Philadelphia Flyers), and once in the MLB (2004 Boston Red Sox).

Only 3 teams came back from 0-3 to tie the series but lost Game 7:
the 1951 New York Knicks, the 1994 Denver Nuggets, and the 2003 Portland Trailblazers.

POSSIBLE FUTURE MATCH-UPS:

Spoiler for Notes:

Spoiler for WEST FINALS:

Spoiler for EAST FINALS:

Spoiler for NBA FINALS:

Well, I'm just curious, what does basketball have that other sports don't, such that no NBA team has ever won four straight after losing three straight against the same team in the playoffs?

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-05-07 at 02:39.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 03:32   Link #779
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

The ability for a team that has played mediocre for 3 quarters and down by at least a dozen to turn the game on its head. I personally think that because there are only 5 players a side, the impact of individuals is much greater.
Old 2011-05-07, 03:51   Link #780
flying ^

tsk

i was looking forward to seeing 3PEAT vs HEAT Finals

... so i guess this is the end of the Jackson era for the Lakers?
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote