AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2012-06-30, 22:39   Link #1381
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Dwight has changed his mind again. . .wants a trade to the Nets.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:59   Link #1382
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Rumour: Ray Allen to Miami Heat. Discuss.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 08:36   Link #1383
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Free agency going crazy, Dragic and Batum got 10+ mil offer, Hibbert and Gordon got max offer.

These club never gonna learn >_>
Old 2012-07-01, 08:48   Link #1384
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Dwight has changed his mind again. . .wants a trade to the Nets.
I'm kind of curious on why he wants the Nets.
Old 2012-07-01, 08:49   Link #1385
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'm kind of curious on why he wants the Nets.
New yawk and Jay-Z.
Old 2012-07-02, 06:39   Link #1386
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

I thought Dwight wanted a championship contender team though. But then I just remembered the Kidd/Carter era Nets. I smell DWill/Dwight unless DWill signs with another team (some people are still hoping he signs with the Lakers, though).
Old 2012-07-02, 22:42   Link #1387
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Nets just banked Joe Johnson from the Hawks for Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro, Anthony Morrow, Jordan Williams, DeShawn Stevenson, and a lottery-protected first round in 2013.

Looks like Dwight isn't going to the Nets unless something crazy happens. Howard really killed himself when he choose not to opt out of Orlando. He could had his choice where to play. Instead, he is at the Magic's mercy for another year.
Old 2012-07-03, 01:00   Link #1388
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Great. What do you think of Ray Allen going to the Heat?
Old 2012-07-03, 13:49   Link #1389
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Ray Allen would give Miami a much needed consistent perimeter shooter that help break the cold scoring spells that the Heat has been known to go through.

And apparently, the Nets are still trying to get Howard. A trade with Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and the Nets' first-round draft picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017. However, a 3rd team would be necessary and it hasn't even been put on the table yet.
Old 2012-07-03, 15:35   Link #1390
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The rumors of Dwight for Bynum has started up again, but this time it seems that the Magics are actually picking up the phone to call the Lakers for this deal. Sources said they really want Bynum, even willing to take Metta World Peace overprice salary. The Lakers saying they will only take the deal if Howard sign an extension. Personally, I think the Lakers should take this deal whether or not Howard sign the extension, they got an entire off season and 82 games to convince him to do it. Also, I found something on the net that really surprise me. Rashard Lewis is a free agent and the Lakers is one of his target. Did I miss something, I thought Rashard Lewis is still under contract with the Hornets? Usually my sources I go to are legit, I think someone is fooling people about this.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 15:54   Link #1391
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer

Well the Lakers are in a win now mode so I think they'd still be interested in Howard even if there was no guarantee that he'd sign an extension. Kobe's only got 3 or 4 years left in him and the Lakers are trying to squeeze out one last championship run. If Howard stays around for the rebuilding, great. If not, then it's not too big of a loss. I'm not sure the Laker's would be able to clear enough cap space to acquire Howard though.
Old 2012-07-03, 16:28   Link #1392
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Well the Lakers are in a win now mode so I think they'd still be interested in Howard even if there was no guarantee that he'd sign an extension. Kobe's only got 3 or 4 years left in him and the Lakers are trying to squeeze out one last championship run. If Howard stays around for the rebuilding, great. If not, then it's not too big of a loss. I'm not sure the Laker's would be able to clear enough cap space to acquire Howard though.
Bynum's contract is at 16.5 million while Howard is at 19.2 million. Not much of a gap, both players can be traded to each other without any fuss. What really surprise me is that the Magic initiated the deal with the Lakers and even willing to take Metta World Peace's 8 million dollar contract. Lakers still haven't pulled the trigger because they want Howard to sign an extension. Its a win for the Lakers since they get a better center and rid themselves of 8 million off the cap space. Why is the extension a big deal anyway, if they Lakers do go through the trade without Howard signing the extension I think that is fine. Being they got the whole off season and an 82 game season to convince him. If they Lakers really do want to have more cap space, then follow through with Atlanta for the Josh Smith and Pau Gasol trade. I see that as a real possibility, the only reason why it didn't go through before the draft is that the Lakers were asking too much because they tried to include a draft pick. Though they already decline I think they will start of the negotiation again. That will rid themselves 5.5 million off the cap space. Also they Wolves seems to want Pau Gasol for William. I mind the lost of talent, but getting rid of 15 million off the cap space seems ideal for me.
Old 2012-07-03, 17:11   Link #1393
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

But then again, the higher the star is, the harder it falls. Just ask last year's Heat.
Old 2012-07-03, 17:17   Link #1394
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
But then again, the higher the star is, the harder it falls. Just ask last year's Heat.
True, the NBA is known for the unexpected like Dallas losing to the Golden State many years ago in the playoff, Boston got beaten by the Nets who were at the time the worst team in the NBA, and among other things. I feel that Howard will not be one of those the higher they are the harder fall type of guy. He is just an unhappy kid who hates where his home is right now, Houston, New Jersey, and Lakers are the three teams are most likely to be traded to. Magic already called up the Lakers for the trade with Howard for Bynum, even including Metta Wolrd Peace contract. Lakers still want for Howard to sign an extensions before they pull the trigger, which I don't know why it is so important.
Old 2012-07-03, 20:00   Link #1395
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Deron is likely to stay with the Nets. The Nets' backcourt is going to be pretty great next year with him and Joe Johnson.
Old 2012-07-04, 21:03   Link #1396
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Here are some updates in the latest offseason.

Joe Johnson sent to the Nets and the Nets resign Deron William with a 5 years 98 million dollar contract.

Odom is with the Clippers.

Erica Gordon signed a max contract of 4 years with 59 million dollars.

Probably the biggest surprise for me. The Lakers manage a sign and trade with the Suns and acquired 2 time MVP Steve Nash.

These are some of the big news. What are everyone's thought on these moves?

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-07-04 at 21:20.
Old 2012-07-04, 21:21   Link #1397
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Bynum's contract is at 16.5 million while Howard is at 19.2 million. Not much of a gap, both players can be traded to each other without any fuss. What really surprise me is that the Magic initiated the deal with the Lakers and even willing to take Metta World Peace's 8 million dollar contract. Lakers still haven't pulled the trigger because they want Howard to sign an extension. Its a win for the Lakers since they get a better center and rid themselves of 8 million off the cap space. Why is the extension a big deal anyway, if they Lakers do go through the trade without Howard signing the extension I think that is fine. Being they got the whole off season and an 82 game season to convince him. If they Lakers really do want to have more cap space, then follow through with Atlanta for the Josh Smith and Pau Gasol trade. I see that as a real possibility, the only reason why it didn't go through before the draft is that the Lakers were asking too much because they tried to include a draft pick. Though they already decline I think they will start of the negotiation again. That will rid themselves 5.5 million off the cap space. Also they Wolves seems to want Pau Gasol for William. I mind the lost of talent, but getting rid of 15 million off the cap space seems ideal for me.
I didn't know Bynum's salary was so high, but it makes sense cause Howard and him are pretty much the top two big men in the game right now.
Old 2012-07-04, 21:31   Link #1398
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Rennir and others, so what are the chance now that Howard will be willing to go to the Lakers since the Lakers acquired Steve Nash? Ever since a couple of hours ago, reports keep on coming that Dwight is now a big possibility. Steve Nash may be old (38 years old), but get the job done. He manage to be in the top 4 in leading assists. He was second last year, but I say that is due to the Suns not giving him better teammates.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:45   Link #1399
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
True, the NBA is known for the unexpected like Dallas losing to the Golden State many years ago in the playoff, Boston got beaten by the Nets who were at the time the worst team in the NBA, and among other things. I feel that Howard will not be one of those the higher they are the harder fall type of guy. He is just an unhappy kid who hates where his home is right now, Houston, New Jersey, and Lakers are the three teams are most likely to be traded to. Magic already called up the Lakers for the trade with Howard for Bynum, even including Metta Wolrd Peace contract. Lakers still want for Howard to sign an extensions before they pull the trigger, which I don't know why it is so important.
I'm talking about the ragtag Pistons team, which basically has no All-Stars, let alone HoFs, beating the Lakers which was basically a GOD-TIER team back in 2004. I could only hope this new Laker team don't get beaten by some obscure team like that.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:59   Link #1400
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Nash not coming to Raptors but Lakers instead

I just want to see him in Toronto. The remainder of his career will probably plunge if he did join the Raptors though. xD
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote