AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-09, 07:38   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
One Piece - Chapter 514 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:08   Link #2
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Greetings!

An early spoilers for One piece 514 has been revelead, quite an early spoilers and we cannot ignore possiblity of fake spoilers but source has been trustfully during year.

So:

ルフィは空を飛んでる。
luffy is fliying in the sky

女だらけの島に落ちる。
he falls on an island full of women

ルフィにキノコが生える。
mushrooms grow on luffy's body

ルフィのキノコは抜けない。
luffy cant extract those mushrooms off his body

ルフィは3日3晩飛んで島に落ちた
luffy has been flying for 3 days and 3 nights and fell on an island

キノコ食べて体からキノコが生え、意識を失った
he eats a mushroom and then a mushroom grows on his body, he loses consciousness or sense!!

マーガレットの見た目は格好いい
Margareth's appearance is attractive

付け足すと多少のエロシーンと
a somehow erotic scene happened and then

仲間入りしそうなアマゾネスのマーガレットが登場
making amazon Margareth a nakama idea appears

女系戦闘民族 九蛇(クジャ)の住む国
it is about the people who live in this island or country, this race of people are called (kuja) like female fighting race!!

女ヶ島アマゾン・リリー
lady lady island (amazon lily)

天竜人がチラッとでてくるぐらいで他のは出番なし
it seems like a tenryuubito appeared by accident but he didnt show up again!!


Amazons, Luffy landed on unknown island, very cute amazons and possiblity of 10th crew member?

An unexpected events, this could be turn intresting.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:12   Link #3
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
Ugh, as weird as this sounds I wouldn't put it past Oda to let events take this crazy turn. Luffy on an island full of hot women with a possible new nakama! And even a tenryuubito. Can't wait for friday.

On a different and more interesting note: This either proves Kuma reckoned that Luffy had to get laid, or that he maybe can't control where he sends people. Well it's too soon to draw any conclusion. But it sounds like a weird spot for Kuma to send Luffy on purpose.
__________________
hm....
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:19   Link #4
kari-no-sugata
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Luffy gets instant harem!

Interesting. Not what I expected - I had thought that Kuma would send all the Strawhats to the same island, and that he told Rayleigh which island. Totally wrong! Well done Oda!

From the sound of things this island would be hard to get to, and hard to leave. (If it was otherwise, then it wouldn't be a women only island).
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 10:53   Link #5
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
At this rate Sanji will fall into a men men island without women Only if sanji dropped into lady lady island!
__________________
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 12:31   Link #6
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Wow...well at least she is attractive (somewhat, her body is a little weird, or maybe it is just her clothes):
.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 12:43   Link #7
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
What the heck is this?! Come on Oda you just can't brush aside such great and powerful characters we have waited to see since the beginning of time and space just to be thrown on an island with amazon folk. Yea, it was two good to be true to think Oda would head stright to WB and other world Power tier characters. Meh there is still hope that this chapter wont just focus on the SH crew and there island trips.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 12:44   Link #8
Crimson Reaper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
I don't think we have to worry about One Piece degenerating into a harem manga, it's Luffy afterall. Hehe.
But as strange as this chapter sounds, I'm really excited at the new possibilities of a new female Strawhat, although I think most of us expected it to be a Mermaid. She looks interesting....and hot, that doesn't hurt either. And if not her, a whole island of potential!
But overall it looks like a search to find each other mini arc, hopefully some of them landed in pairs or small groups.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 12:49   Link #9
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Uh... wow. This IS an interesting twist. So basically, it seems that the Straw-Hats will all have their own seperate adventures on random islands that Kuma sent them to. Heh, to say that Sanji would be jealous of Luffy's predicament right now would be an understatement.


So anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing this amazon chick join the crew, since the Straw-Hats could use more females. Though.... I was really expecting the last crewmember to be a New World native.... but again, I'm cool with whatever Oda plans.


And World Nobles strike again! I'm guessing that each Straw-Hat's little adventure has their own villain. I'd actually find it rather amusing if Usopp ends up facing a fairly strong opponent solo.


But still... if 3 days and nights passed, then the biggest question would be exactly how long it'll take for the crew to reunite on a coated Sunny...?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 12:55   Link #10
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing this amazon chick join the crew, since the Straw-Hats could use more females. Though.... I was really expecting the last crewmember to be a New World native.... but again, I'm cool with whatever Oda plans.
Well, it is possibly that this is the New World. This island has managed to lay hidden for who knows how long (at least the spoilers hint that men are unknown, so consequently the island is not often visited), and I find it more likely that an island in the New World could lie undiscovered far longer than an island on the regular Grand Line.

Or, maybe this is like the theory others have mentioned and Kuma sent the Strawhats to his Bible and this is just a wierd fantasy world.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And World Nobles strike again! I'm guessing that each Straw-Hat's little adventure has their own villain. I'd actually find it rather amusing if Usopp ends up facing a fairly strong opponent solo.
Usopp is going to end up on Perona's island .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 13:02   Link #11
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, it is possibly that this is the New World. This island has managed to lay hidden for who knows how long (at least the spoilers hint that men are unknown, so consequently the island is not often visited), and I find it more likely that an island in the New World could lie undiscovered far longer than an island on the regular Grand Line.


I dunno... I doubt that Kuma sent Luffy flying straight over the Red Line, considering how huge it is (unless people hit by Kuma's paws pull a Flash and "vibrate" through solid objects when sailing through the air). I still think it's more likely to be an island that isn't too far off from Sabaody...



Oh, and since three days passed, here's my prediction: THE WHITEBEARD WAR ALREADY HAPPENED, AND WILL BE SHOWN THROUGH A FLASHBACK.


You heard it from me first.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 13:07   Link #12
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Holland
Well that would explain Kuma being so damn sure Luffy wouldn't see him again.

By the way, do you guys think the only reason why Kuma send the crew away was to save them for the nasy situation on Shabondy, or that there was another reason they he would have send them away anyway. The events Shabondy being simply a unfortunate turn of events?
__________________
hm....
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 13:12   Link #13
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I dunno... I doubt that Kuma sent Luffy flying straight over the Red Line, considering how huge it is (unless people hit by Kuma's paws pull a Flash and "vibrate" through solid objects when sailing through the air). I still think it's more likely to be an island that isn't too far off from Sabaody...
So, for you, the fact that Kuma can send a person "flying" for three days and nights without injurying their body at all is okay. But, if they go over a mountain it is not .

Joking aside, Kuma's power makes so little sense, I wouldn't be suprised if someone was sent back in time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and since three days passed, here's my prediction: THE WHITEBEARD WAR ALREADY HAPPENED, AND WILL BE SHOWN THROUGH A FLASHBACK.
Makes sense, maybe Luffy, or one of the other Strawhats, will team up with Ace (or another survivor) to learn about the War. This cannot just be left to hearsay and rumour, though. We need an actual recounting of events, if not a complete list of all the characters powers, etc.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 13:33   Link #14
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Just pointing out one thing.

The amazoness is trying to pull out the one last mushroom, and it just stretches, and won't come out.
They've never seen a male before, it seems, and wonders why this last one looks diffrent from the other shrooms.

I just knew Oda was gonna make a rubber penis joke sometime....
Too bad it's the big ugly one giving him the job.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 13:41   Link #15
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So, for you, the fact that Kuma can send a person "flying" for three days and nights without injurying their body at all is okay. But, if they go over a mountain it is not .

Joking aside, Kuma's power makes so little sense, I wouldn't be suprised if someone was sent back in time .

I'll rephrase that: I doubt that Kuma sent them flying several thousands of meters through the air. His powers seem to deflect things in a straight line, like so:











While I agree that Kuma's power certainly is random enough that people probably do phase through solid objects when they get deflected, it doesn't seem like he'd send them flying very high through the air. I mean besides, wouldn't the air pressure alone kill them, considering the speed that Kuma sends them flying...?



Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Just pointing out one thing.

The amazoness is trying to pull out the one last mushroom, and it just stretches, and won't come out.
They've never seen a male before, it seems, and wonders why this last one looks diffrent from the other shrooms.

I just knew Oda was gonna make a rubber penis joke sometime....
Too bad it's the big ugly one giving him the job.

Heh, the gag about his wang sorta reminded me of that time is Skypiea when he complained about the golden ball, and Aisa was disgusted with how he phrased it.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 14:01   Link #16
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'll rephrase that: I doubt that Kuma sent them flying several thousands of meters through the air. His powers seem to deflect things in a straight line, like so:

While I agree that Kuma's power certainly is random enough that people probably do phase through solid objects when they get deflected, it doesn't seem like he'd send them flying very high through the air. I mean besides, wouldn't the air pressure alone kill them, considering the speed that Kuma sends them flying...?
To get kind of geeky, you are not accounting for the curvature of the Earth (I am using Earth as the simplistic name for whatever fantasy world One Piece takes place on). If he simply sent them flying (i.e. he sent them in a parallel line to himself), then they would be ejected from the Earth's atmosphere and sent into space (the Earth is curved, so a straight line would be ineffective for traversing the Earth at high speeds (which the Strawhats are obviously traveling at). So, realistically, he has to send them through the planet in a straight line to arrive at a specific destination.

Then again, if he did convert them into some sort of energy that could traverse through the planet (neutrinos immediately spring to mind...how you convert the body to neutrinos is beyond me though, maybe Kuma just tags the Strawhats to the 50 million plus neutrinos that pass through the human body at any given second, and then neutrinos "take" the Strawhats to their destination), then the 3 day travel time makes even less sense considering that it should not take them three days to travel through the Earth...

I am going to stop before I start ranting about how Kuma's powers make no sense considering the One Piece world physics. (I fully admit to thinking about this way too seriously .)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 14:05   Link #17
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh... wow. This IS an interesting twist. So basically, it seems that the Straw-Hats will all have their own seperate adventures on random islands that Kuma sent them to. Heh, to say that Sanji would be jealous of Luffy's predicament right now would be an understatement.
Indeed it would. Know what would be even funnier? If Sanji got stuck on a male inhabited island with Zoro and Brook stuck to him cheek to cheek to cheek. That ought to make Sanji suffer. (wheezing laugh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing this amazon chick join the crew, since the Straw-Hats could use more females. Though.... I was really expecting the last crewmember to be a New World native.... but again, I'm cool with whatever Oda plans.
An Amazonian would have to be a perfect new member indeed. Let's just hope she does join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And World Nobles strike again! I'm guessing that each Straw-Hat's little adventure has their own villain. I'd actually find it rather amusing if Usopp ends up facing a fairly strong opponent solo.
I'm sure Usopp will need help from Franky in facing this opponent. I sure wish Nami is alright. I hope she won't suffer in the situation she's in. But I have a feeling that Robin would be there to comfort her and then try to find Chopper. There's also the mystery of whatever happened to PX1 which was also sent flying by Kuma. Perhaps it would battle against Usopp and Franky and end up getting destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But still... if 3 days and nights passed, then the biggest question would be exactly how long it'll take for the crew to reunite on a coated Sunny...?
I have a feeling this chapter is either the start of a new arc or a new saga I should hope.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 14:33   Link #18
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
AHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHHHAH

Eeehhehh

Just omg readed new spoilers translations omg hahaha =D

Oh well basically

Luffy arrives island with strange mushrooms growing
He eats one and other mushroom(?) gets angry
Mushrooms start grow on his body and he loses conciusness

Amazons find him and start remove mushrooms
*These amazons never seen man before*
They remove all mushrooms and roots from luffys body then

''This one mushroom WON'T come off!'' they try pull it off (WTF!?!?! )

Amazon elder: ''Isn't that a man??''


Omg ahahah can't wait for chapter... omg ''This mushroom won't leave'' just holy sh*t
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 14:40   Link #19
Kaptain
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
this fits perfectly since now we wont have to be introduced a new strawhat in the future which wuld mess things up. Hope she is strong =]
Kaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 14:40   Link #20
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I am going to stop before I start ranting about how Kuma's powers make no sense considering the One Piece world physics. (I fully admit to thinking about this way too seriously .)


Heh, Kuma's powers certainly are most physics-defying. But I just like it because his power is one of the craziest Paramecia-type abilities by far (Law's power is up there, too). Maybe we'll get a more detailed explanation of his abilities at some point....



Oh, and according to the latest spoiler summary, Duval is guarding the Sunny (which would definitely imply that the crew will return to Sabaody). Also, it seems that the Marines were unable to find the criminals responsible for the auction house incident (looks like the possibility of Kidd and Law getting paw'd by Kuma just rose, heh).



And I must say... I'm rather disappointed by the amount of negative responses to the spoiler (even the provider is complaining about this chapter). The thing is, we've just had a whole bunch of action-packed chapters, so Oda's gotta cool down his engines sometime. I actually feel that these adventures on the random locations Kuma sent Luffy and co. to will make for a nice little sigh of relief before he starts dishing out the awesome again.


And besides, I find the whole situation with Luffy being stuck on an all-female island in a mushroom-induced haze to be highly amusing.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.