AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-18, 19:08   Link #1
Ruin Rust

OGM/MKV on Linux

I looked around on this forum for instructions on how to install the codecs for these two types on Linux but I couldn't find anything for it. Is it possible and does anyone know how?
Old 2004-06-19, 00:47   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Go here. http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/ (It's also the first entry in google).

Instructions are easy to follow. It does work. You will need VideoLan to playback for MKV. It does play OGM too.

Also, make sure you have a fast enough processor and enough memory. I had some minor problems when loading large MKV files
________
HERBALAIRE

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:19.
Old 2004-06-19, 02:47   Link #3
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
Go here. http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/ (It's also the first entry in google).

Instructions are easy to follow. It does work. You will need VideoLan to playback for MKV. It does play OGM too.

Also, make sure you have a fast enough processor and enough memory. I had some minor problems when loading large MKV files
mkvtoolnix is not a playback tool, it's strictly for encoding and information purposes. Mplayer, Videolan and Xine all support matroska out of the box (though I'm not totally sure if the matroska flag is enabled by default in mplayer so you may have to compile it yourself to get mkv support).
Closed Thread