AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2003-12-12, 09:59   Link #101
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
I just rented a copy of the game yesterday. It seems to be alot of fun but there are a couple things that bother me up to this point.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the game does not seem to have the classic limit break system that the other games have had. I don't really like that feature as I have always liked the limit break system, very helpful in beating large bosses.

On the same note, regarding beating large bosses.. up to this point (2 hours in, 3 bosses fought so far) this game seems to be very very easy compared to its predecessors. I have fought 3 boss fights so far and I have yet to have a character faint. It seems that the fighting system is dumbed down (not the best way to put it but, I guess it works) to make it easier for those who have not played final fantasy before to get into the game and get involved without getting discouraged by getting brutally beaten.

The garment grid system seems to be quite decent. I thought it was rather strange at first, perhaps 'girly' but I really do like it. I like the job class idea from final fantasy V and I like the ability to change job classes in battle on the fly. I think it adds a strategic depth to the game and should make it very enjoyable later on in the game.

EDIT: A quick question, is there a summoner garment or job class? Considering Yuna is a high summoner I would like to see her retain her ability to summon from the previous game. I'm assuming that yes, you can summon but you will get the summoning sphere later on in the game (once I get past at least the 5 hour mark) but I'm not sure.
Old 2003-12-12, 14:09   Link #102
Samurai X

saku~ya > The way to use the special dressspheres for each character is during battle you have to change into every outfit on the garment grid that they have equiped, you don't have to use them you just have to change into them. Once you've done that then you open the dresssphere menu again by pressing L1 and then press R1 and the dresssphere icons should all change to the same thing, selcet one of them and you should change into the special outfit.
Samurai X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 14:39   Link #103
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK

On the same note, regarding beating large bosses.. up to this point (2 hours in, 3 bosses fought so far) this game seems to be very very easy compared to its predecessors. I have fought 3 boss fights so far and I have yet to have a character faint. It seems that the fighting system is dumbed down (not the best way to put it but, I guess it works) to make it easier for those who have not played final fantasy before to get into the game and get involved without getting discouraged by getting brutally beaten.
Just wait till you get to The Calm lands after you rexcue some people. I had to try to beat that 4 times until I actually won. I went through the same thought process. The boss's in the beginning are somewhat easy. Once you get through the middle of chapter 3 they get harder. I just defeated a boss that was over 30000 HP. It was quite a task to handle. Thank goodness I had a white mage. She saved my butt, and incoincedentally that white mage is Yuna. I can't seem to get in my head she can be whatever she wants lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK
EDIT: A quick question, is there a summoner garment or job class? Considering Yuna is a high summoner I would like to see her retain her ability to summon from the previous game. I'm assuming that yes, you can summon but you will get the summoning sphere later on in the game (once I get past at least the 5 hour mark) but I'm not sure.
Yuna does not have the abilty to summon nay aeons in ffx-2. In ffx she dispatched the aeons, so Spira no longer has a summoning class. Though you get to see some aeons, though they aren't what you think they are ^^;;
Old 2003-12-12, 17:25   Link #104
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Kill the aeons!
I have already fought Bahamut

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 09:47   Link #105
Kawaii_Sennin
She's a man, baby!!!

Spoiler:
Kawaii_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 10:00   Link #106
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Spoiler:

Old 2003-12-13, 19:37   Link #107
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Well, I am proud to announce that my FFX-2 fansite will be opening soon! It's called RealEmotion
[I won't post the link]

It will include Information, screenshots, movies, music,
an online shop, fanart, fanfiction, wallpapers, layouts,
other graphics [banners, avatars,...etc]
templates, and much more believe it or not!

I've got the layout chosen, and I am just addin the content now. It will hopefully be up around Christmas time

Also, just a little after Christmas,
it will also have a FULL WALKTHROUGH [english version]
written by me of course. I beleive it will be one of the very first walkthroughs for the english version *gasp*

Anyways, be sure to look forward to it!

Old 2003-12-13, 19:56   Link #108
Kawaii_Sennin
She's a man, baby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-13, 19:56   Link #109
Kawaii_Sennin
She's a man, baby!!!

Who did you guys give the awsome sphere too after going through Chapter 1? I chose the Youth League. What are the consequences of Youth League?
Old 2003-12-13, 20:32   Link #110
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

You need to give it to the Youth league
to achieve 100% I believe.

I was bad and gave it New Yevon

Old 2003-12-13, 20:50   Link #111
saku~ya
la~li~lo

I just did something really neat. I just beat Shiva the Magus Sisters and Anima just in one try @___@;; I was thinking 'hey this is cool I'll be up to level 54 before I get to Anima' And then when I go to Anima I was doing awesome, than came his overdrive. I had Yuna left with 1000+hp and Rikku and Paine with only 500hp each. I thought for sure I was going to die. but then I used Kogoro's holy and it knocked off the last 2000hp of Anima. I was freaking shocked. Now I am just one melody away from Vegnagun. I got sick before going any further. Thank goodness the sickness passed -_-;

If anything I'll level up even more in the Farplane roads. I gained 4 levels just from playing there. I also gained huge level points in the Thunder Plains and its secret cave. Anyone master a certain dressphere yet? I only have Paines Dark Warrior and Rikku's Black Mage mastered. Yuna is close with her White Mage at 90% Right now she's learning Level 3 white magic. I really like her full life. I never did get to that sphere in FFX ^^;

I wrote more than I thought I was. I'll just leave with the answer to who I gave the awesome sphere to. I gave it to the Youth League I never liked New Yevon. Maybe it was the fact that Seymour made me sick to even look at him. The jerk I can't believe I had to kill him 4 times ~_~....
Old 2003-12-14, 01:25   Link #112
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I hate Seymour...

Old 2003-12-14, 10:26   Link #113
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Yay, lots of new music added to my site!

Anyways, I had to fight semour several times in FFX [Mt. Gagazet one] and finally I got sick of it and got all my characters And AEONS ON OVERDRIVE AND OVERKILLED HIM GOOD

Old 2003-12-15, 10:46   Link #114
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

A game, or are you talking about Advent Children?

Old 2003-12-18, 14:28   Link #115
saku~ya
la~li~lo

I just thought I would like to mention that I have beaten the game @.@ Another thing that shocked me was I beat it on my first run through. Gosh, you gotta love those Dark Knight Dresspheres and the Alchemist's ablility to mix potions and hi-potions to give you 2000 HP every round ^.^

The ending was great and so was the good ending part. It made me feel like things were all wrapped up. Problem is I'm dying cause I have nothing to play for 3 hours at a time anymore I'm thinking about getting final fantasy 9. I stink at roman numerals -_-
Old 2003-12-18, 15:07   Link #116
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

FF IX lol
Lol, did you get the perfect ending
saku~ya?

If you did, do you mind writing up your own, little review of the game for my site?

I would appreciate it

Old 2003-12-18, 17:43   Link #117
大和魂
Inactive Member

In Final Fantasy X I could tolerate the dub, but this time they`ve gone too far.
They put so much work into FFX-2 and then they just rip it apart for the Us and european edition. Why change the dialouge and vocals?

I still can`t understand how they could throw away the beautiful voices of Mayuko Aoki, Marika Matsumoto and Megumi Toyoguchi.

They should have included a Japanese language option in the game.
I will never play this game. Not the european version, anyway.
大和魂 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 18:07   Link #118
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I find the english voices fit the character personalities
better. But that is just my opinion.

Old 2003-12-19, 18:13   Link #119
Kawaii_Sennin
She's a man, baby!!!

Paine's voice gets annoying after a while. Other than that the voices are pretty good.
Old 2003-12-19, 19:00   Link #120
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
FF IX lol
Lol, did you get the perfect ending
saku~ya?

If you did, do you mind writing up your own, little review of the game for my site?

I would appreciate it

^^ Actually I didn't get 100% the first time through... I really didn't feel like doing some of the stuff at the end. But I think my favorite part was the Farplane Glen. Playing music was fun. But in other things, I have seen the perfect ending video so I do know what happens and all. In my opinion the good ending should have been the perfect ending. But hey thats just me If you need help with anything let me know. I can write the summary, I'd love to help out ^.~