AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-25, 18:09   Link #1
Takfam

Location: Somewhere between unconciousness and the manga shop.
"Connection Refused" Error Window

First I want to say that I searched "connection refused" and came up with nothing in past posts so if this has been covered in another thread, I'm sorry, point me to it and mods lock this one.

I'm using BT 3.3 windows installed to D/L Full Metal Alchemist 07 from AnimeForever and I keep getting a popup window with the connection refused error. The problem with this is that it stops my D/L completely until I hit "Ok" in the popup window. The old ver of BT just made a note of the problem in red letters and kept going. I D/L while I'm away from my computer (in class, at work, etc.) so if I have to babysit BT and hit the OK button every time, I may not be able to continue downloads, especially large multi-ep torrents like Hikaru no Go. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Takfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 18:25   Link #2
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Sure, Get the experimental client 3.2.1b by Eike Frost.
There is no difference at all.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 19:40   Link #3
Takfam

Location: Somewhere between unconciousness and the manga shop.
Flash_Squirrel, I think I love you

I still am getting connection refused and the D/L is still trying to plug away without the annoying popup. In addition, now that I can set my upload rate, my D/L rate has grown exponentially. Thanks!
Takfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 20:07   Link #4
warnold
nerfelwap

Oh, BTW, about the program stopping while the popup is up. There is a bug there but it's not the one you think. The program is downloading fine, it's just the display that's stopped. So it'll run unattended without any problems, you just can't see how much progress you've made till you hit the ok button.

--
-billy-
warnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 12:43   Link #5
minglong
Jump!

Alternatively, you can use SHAD0W's client which has the features of 3.3 but has the old fashioned red text instead of a pop-up window.
minglong is offline   Reply With Quote