AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-15, 08:17   Link #81
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

no you dont have to be, but it helps time wise. While your translating one episode another can be encoding, another qcing and so on and so on. There's no reason at all why you can not do it alone, some groups start out that way.

If you devide to do it alone though, you might want to advertise for help in the other forum though, better to work as a team than to solo it, if only for a second set of eyes for spoting mistakes.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 08:32   Link #82
sakilicious

wwwoow this is all very complicated and tiresome.
i'll see if the ac staff reply, if they dont after a few days then i'll think about the dvds. thanks . i'll post if theres any news. good night (10:30 here.)
sakilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 02:20   Link #83
sakilicious

i dunno if this is good news or bad news, but i have contacted the ac staff today, and asked if i could help with the fansubbing.
they said no.
BUT they told me they'll give me the raw videos and make them available for p2p share, within a week. if they don't....then we'll have to think of another solution, i guess...
anyway i'll fansub them once they're available for p2p sharing.

apparently they are very very busy and don't have time to do the fansubbing.
Old 2008-01-16, 11:28   Link #84
cat746

Send a message via ICQ to cat746 Send a message via MSN to cat746
Yays! at least my questions got someone motivated into doing something about it,lol, it'll b good to at least get the raws of nadja, ep 36 is just cliff hanger that you need to see the next ep ASAP, i was hoping it'd only be a couple of months, but peeps get busy i spose. it'd be good if you find it too diff to encode the translation into the show if you release the eps with a script of the translation, itd be at least something to go on even if you did have to stop/start the ep, it's worth it to know what's happening! i'm surprised how many posts came up in a couple of days though,lol, didn't come online then had to read over a page worth of posts, nice change! thanks for offering to translate some of the eps Sakilicious would be fantastic!
cat746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 05:55   Link #85
sakilicious

nah i dont think itll be all that difficult...i have a proper computer installed on my comp. for the subs. but i dont know how to release it as a torrent, that's the problem...
well i dont have the raws yet so we cant say anything for sure, but once i get it...
anyway, stay tuned.
Old 2008-01-17, 07:09   Link #86
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

If you use uTorrent as your BT client it's easy, just select make new torrent from the menu.

For the tracker, use something like NyaaTorrents
Old 2008-01-17, 09:01   Link #87
cat746

once you've released some of it my bro will prolly put it on the dozen or so torrent sites he goes on n link em all together, he did tht with the other eps seeing as it took so long to find some of em, and to Hopefully make it just tht bit more popular so once you've got it on a torrent site i can get it spread out across a bunch of others so more peeps can access it
Old 2008-01-18, 07:26   Link #88
sakilicious

thank you all . i actually have BitTorrent as my client... i don't think it makes that much difference...
anyway come back to this thread after a few days. all we can do now is wait for the raws' release.
Old 2008-01-21, 12:28   Link #89
cat746

it's no problem, most of us love this series and want to help when/where we possibly can and we should be thanking you for offering to translate the last eps, i'll try to help where i can but don't know how much use i'll be :/
just drop a message in here though when they release the raws, would be good to know about!
Old 2008-01-22, 16:34   Link #90
sakilicious

ok....its been a week and they havent done it...
i guess ill have to rent the dvds.
Old 2008-01-22, 17:40   Link #91
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You could try nagging them, but renting the DVDs might be the best option.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 00:41   Link #92
cat746

maybe just try to send a reminder to em, we can always hope that it'll work... tho nagging them does sound like fun i think it would very quickly get on their nerves especially if they're pretty busy at the moment, so a simple reminder will hopefully work, i'm not sure how you got in contact with them and don't know how to use irc so i can't do it... tho if they don't reply theres always the possibility of a few of us sending them a friendly reminder, it's always worth a try
Old 2008-01-24, 16:36   Link #93
sakilicious

yeah the dvds are probably the best, nagging them doesnt sound like a good idea they probably will not like being nagged anyway, at least not by me lol. just wait for a while until i rent them.

Last edited by sakilicious; 2008-01-25 at 08:58.
Old 2008-01-29, 08:02   Link #94
sakilicious

oh and by the way I had contacted them through irc. :/
Old 2008-01-29, 08:11   Link #95
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

renting and riping them should give you a better quality raw anyway, since if memory serves they were releasing TV rips. DVDS rips should be a lot higher quality (in theory atleast lol)
Old 2008-01-30, 05:04   Link #96
sakilicious

yeah i think so too...lol
and yes they(animeco) said they were going to release the tv rips. i dunno how good the quality is, but dvd sounds better.
renting it is half the price as buying a new second-hand one, so buying the dvd is better for me (i don't need subtitles anyway).
so. wait for at least a couple weeks until i somehow manage to get my hands on it... i will fansub it.
Old 2008-01-31, 01:01   Link #97
Tami_Kitty-Chan

i love this seris!! but i its been what 4 months now since any ep came out? sakilious that be way too awesome if you fansub the show!!
Tami_Kitty-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 06:11   Link #98
cat746

well presumably the raws that they were going to be releasing were going to be about the same quality as the shows they released previously so the same quality as ep 1-36 that they have already released, and they seemed pretty good quality to me, but hopefully someone will suddenly realise that they forgot about releasing the raws and release them fairly soon, we can hope so in any case
Old 2008-02-07, 03:15   Link #99
sakilicious

haha
wait about another fortnight....
I'll get my hands on them somehow
Old 2008-02-21, 09:09   Link #100
Akizuki Mieko
A.C.A Team

I got my hand on Ashita no Nadja Raw.
I only need help in translating. i can do timing, typesetting and encoding...
so sakilicious care to work with us?
Akizuki Mieko is offline   Reply With Quote