AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-03-31, 13:23   Link #241
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
To be fair, he rarely knew Mikami. Mikami was actually a decent choice. Credentials don't mean anything. Raito at his prime was nothing more than a top scoring student.

He should've gotten someone he can manipulate closely. Not someone who can only be contacted via 2 way messages.
Spoiler:
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 22:28   Link #242
jedi2543

I want to read HNG season2 after this serie.
jedi2543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 11:52   Link #243
shaselai

I would like HNG2 too maybe thats why Yuuta got canceled and Dn is ending? is it a coincidence? I am really interested in seeing if the next couple chapters of DN ends the series or perhaps by some miracle/ devil intervention Kira finds a way to get out of this... but then again the whole meeting couldve been recorded so whatever kira did wouldve proved he's kira...
Also, Kira freaking out like he did is human nature... he did somewhat gain his composure toward the end of the chapter though.... maybe Kira gave Ryuuki(?) some instructions before hand in case something like this happens. I think the reason Light didnt bother wanting to test the note the "big day" was probably because the real note was hidden somewhere safe till Mikami pick it up the last minute - a careless mistake for a genius like him. Anyway, i think what Mello did is key since it was probably done before they recaptured the note.... On a side note, I think Kira will have at least one comeback plan before this whole thing ends... and I doubt its going to be his watch though...

Last edited by shaselai; 2006-04-03 at 15:06.
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 15:32   Link #244
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 10:49   Link #245
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

I have yet to read much past the first book but I think the idea of killing off all bad people is just plain stupid. sadly evil will always find a way.....

But aside from that the story is fairly cool and I tend to like stupid ideas the most.

credit to Neaco
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 15:07   Link #246
animedow

Send a message via ICQ to animedow Send a message via MSN to animedow

Spoiler for 104:

I really hope Light has an ace up his sleeve, because ending it like this would be truly pathetic, why can't evil prevail.
And why doesn't Light have a death date? Shouldnt this, somehow, foreshadow a victory for Light?
animedow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 19:05   Link #247
SlugZilla
woofles

Spoiler for 104:
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 19:40   Link #248
Dorfl

This is so pathetic I don't want to read any more. Yes, Light is the bad guy, yes, he had to go down sometime, just...not like this. Never like this.
Old 2006-04-07, 22:57   Link #249
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Yeah. Even if he was to lose, he should be defeated by a genius plan. Not likt this....
Old 2006-04-08, 14:05   Link #250
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Spoiler for 104:

Spoiler for How Mello saved the day for Near:

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 20:43   Link #251
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

The way 104 ended is a bit unsettling:
Spoiler for 104:

Latest Post: Black Lagoon Summaries Update and Volume 1 (VIZ) Impressions… (August 15,2008)
Latest Summary: Elemental Gelade [Volume 14] (July 29, 2008)
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 13:23   Link #252
Dorfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Spoiler for 104:
AAAAAAAAAAH! Light is surrounded by incompetent fools!!! But I still think he was an idiot for not planning for such a case or at least
Spoiler:
Overconfidence is your worst enemy, Light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L
The way 104 ended is a bit unsettling: It just doesn't strike me as the expression of an individual that has lost the battle. Mm.... *rubs chin*
Maybe he's thought of something at the last moment and regained his confidence. Chapter 105 should be one to read, but I hope the author doesn't stretch this out much longer.
Old 2006-04-13, 04:08   Link #253
Blackage

According to my friend who read DN 105:

Spoiler for 105:
Blackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 20:38   Link #254
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Chapter 105:
Spoiler for 105:

Latest Post: Black Lagoon Summaries Update and Volume 1 (VIZ) Impressions… (August 15,2008)
Latest Summary: Elemental Gelade [Volume 14] (July 29, 2008)
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 01:42   Link #255
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L
Chapter 105:
Spoiler for 105:
An awesome chapter indeed, however
Spoiler:
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 03:04   Link #256
Dorfl

RE Chapter 105: It's no use, Light. Give it up.

Why didn't Light have Mikami take out his gang before proceeding to the warehouse? Like schedule their deaths to occur shortly after arriving there. That's what I would have done, if I were Light (and it's a jolly good thing that I'm not, eh? )
Old 2006-04-15, 04:28   Link #257
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl

Why didn't Light have Mikami take out his gang before proceeding to the warehouse? Like schedule their deaths to occur shortly after arriving there. That's what I would have done, if I were Light (and it's a jolly good thing that I'm not, eh? )
That's the same of blowing his own cover. Everything occuring within the warehouse is technically Near's domain, so Near can drag on waiting, have his members wear mask or anything. Raito needed to be prepared as he can't have his scapegoats dropping dead while Near asked them to wait for whatever he so claims.

Spoiler for Chapter 105:
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 06:22   Link #258
animedow

Send a message via ICQ to animedow Send a message via MSN to animedow
To have Light be taken down now would be such a let-down. In that case they should've ended it with L taking Light down, and not Near with his puny puppets...

Also Light has a really strong point about Kira being viewed as a God now and society will not be able to continue without it's God. If word got out that Kira is gone, and believe me it would really soon, the entire world will be plunged into one big crime fest.

As for the life span of the manga. If Light wins, I think it'll show 'Kira's world' 5 years later or something with Light ruling the world. And then THE END.
Or if he loses, we'll see the world plunge into chaos with Light laughing at everyone while rotting away in prison, or getting blown up in some catastrophic explosion. THE END.
Should only last about 5-10 more chapters. A third arc would be too much as Light already defeated the brightest minds and another 5 years in the future there would be noone able to stand up to him. And I don't think there will be a succesor to Light, or Near must realise the demise of the world when Kira will dissappear and pick up the notebook himself (now that would be a plot twist )
animedow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 12:46   Link #259
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl

Wouldn't this affect the behaviour of those characters like what happened with the wife of the killed FBI agent? I think that would be a great risk for Light.

For the current developments, I hope Light conquers once again. He might be the only evil character I like, and I don't want him to lose without getting rid of Near first. Mello was able to use a Death God (through his men) to kill others, why cannot Light do the same without the need to carry out highly difficult plans?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 13:53   Link #260
SlugZilla
woofles

Spoiler for 105:
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote