AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-10-22, 22:00   Link #61
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 東京
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Spoiler for Chapter 34:


__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules. See this post as well. Second warning, third may get you a ban.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 22:35   Link #62
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
Spoiler for Chapter 34:


That look on his face is priceless. L is ecchi...just like me.


Forgive me, dearest Midori, but I must post this:

Spoiler for Page 43:
__________________

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-10-23 at 13:01.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 22:28   Link #63
sOnJoOL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
That look on his face is priceless. L is ecchi...just like me.


Forgive me, dearest Midori, but I must post this:

Spoiler for Page 43:
wait is this real? or just parody or something?

okay.... and does DN origin has anything to do with the one thats going on now?
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 22:39   Link #64
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
wait is this real? or just parody or something?
C'mon, isn't is obvious?


Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
okay.... and does DN origin has anything to do with the one thats going on now?
You mean that one chapter thing? No, it has nothing to do with the current Death Note; think of it as an alternative ending. It was first published in those serialization magazines as a one-piece, but the subject became quite popular so the mangaka went ahead with the whole story.
__________________
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 22:54   Link #65
sOnJoOL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
C'mon, isn't is obvious?
im really dense, but im guessing its fake since i didnt see it on page.43
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 00:11   Link #66
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 東京
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I hate you, Stalker-san.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules. See this post as well. Second warning, third may get you a ban.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 00:51   Link #67
daedalus6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
In Japanese, the word for "notebook" is "note." So when they say "Death Note," what they're really talking about is a "Death Notebook."

hmm Though I completely agree with you. Ain't that a little f*cked up logic?
In english notebook and note mean 2 diferent things. If you want to add "coolness" factor to your manga by having english in it. You really should learn the language first.
__________________
You say arigato like we say arigato. -Kill bill vol.1
daedalus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 01:14   Link #68
daedalus6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Finland
I have liked series so far but I think after chapter 39 I think the series have take a strong turn for the worst.

Here are strong facts why I think that:
[/spoiler]
1. No ryukuu
2.L vs. Raito battle is over. Of course raito could have just some trick up his sleeve. But personally I just think that he either valued L's frienship over his utopia or just "gave up" coz he didn't want to get caught.
3.Stupidest thing ever is that some "capitalist" bastards are using the deathnote for their own gain. Nothing could be less intrsesting. It is ofcourse good way to make money, but couldn.t the deathnote fallen to some hobo lunatic or atleas someone other who would have had somekind of utopia in his mind. Some kind of goal I could some how relate to? Making money with the deathnote is just plain stupid and completely unintresting.

btw. any thoughts on why did raito give up. He did'nt plan any murders before comitting himself inside the prison. He could have. It was almost like he wanted to get caught? Did he really trust L's logic that much? (so that L would have found out he has no powers anymore?) No matter which way I try to think this. It seems so illogical.[\spoiler]

btw about that raito = light. I don't know almost any japanise but isn't hikari =light is raito spelled like hikari? (hikaru)
__________________
You say arigato like we say arigato. -Kill bill vol.1

Last edited by daedalus6; 2004-10-27 at 01:17. Reason: Trying to figure out how to use spoiler tags.
daedalus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 15:11   Link #69
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus6
hmm Though I completely agree with you. Ain't that a little f*cked up logic?
In english notebook and note mean 2 diferent things. If you want to add "coolness" factor to your manga by having english in it. You really should learn the language first.
Here we go again. Just like how American English assimilate foreign words or phrases into its vocabulary, Japanese does the same with English...just that they don't bother leaning how the words are used in English. If in Japan everyone understands that "note" stands for "notebook," then the word "note" in that context is no longer English (heck, it's even pronounced differently).

I don't know about this "coolness" factor you see; if a series with an English title appeals to you more, then good for you. For the rest of the Asian viewers, an English title simply makes it easier to refer to internationally, but it does not make a series any more appealing, or in you view, "cool."

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus6
I have liked series so far but I think after chapter 39 I think the series have take a strong turn for the worst.
Most fans agree, but hey all we can do is read on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus6
1.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus6
2.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus6
3.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus6
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus6
btw about that raito = light. I don't know almost any japanise but isn't hikari =light is raito spelled like hikari? (hikaru)
His name is in kanji, and Japanese names in kanji can be pronounced however they like--there are some conventional spellings, yes, but you should not assume all of them to be the same.
__________________
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 15:20   Link #70
chamelean75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Deathnote lately hasn't been as interesting. The kira vs L thing made it awesome.
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 16:02   Link #71
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 東京
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Gah, Raito is how Japanese say the english word "light".. for some reason, his parents decided to take the kanji "tsuki" which means "moon" but can also mean "light" and use the english pronounciation. This is why his name is weird.
Japanese word. English translation used for pronounciation. =P

EDIT: oh my god. YES. Ryuku is reading Ichigo 100%~!!

Spoiler for Ringo 100%?:
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules. See this post as well. Second warning, third may get you a ban.

Last edited by MidoriShinobi; 2004-10-27 at 21:01.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 23:40   Link #72
sOnJoOL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus6
hmm Though I completely agree with you. Ain't that a little f*cked up logic?
In english notebook and note mean 2 diferent things. If you want to add "coolness" factor to your manga by having english in it. You really should learn the language first.
lets make it more confusing.
in korea, notebook is usually use as ref. to laptops.
makes your head spin dont it?

and the 月 is raito's kanji right?
from my korean-to-chinese knowledge tells me that it can also be "month"
as is 10月20日 was my birthday
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 23:45   Link #73
sOnJoOL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
dah! how long has it been since i accidently double-posted......
sorries m(-__-)m
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 00:05   Link #74
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
yup 月 is the kanji for Raito/Light's name in Kanji (personally I prefer Light, also Light Yagami is written in one of the color pages)

recently the Death Note manga surely takes a strange turn, but then I think I like it more than before since now it's fun to guess who's the Killer now
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 17:30   Link #75
4F0ur
.......
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
is it just me??
i think the recent chapters are just alittle out of steam
__________________

credit to necrodeath...
4F0ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 18:34   Link #76
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Newfoundland & Labrador
Age: 31
Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4F0ur
is it just me??
i think the recent chapters are just alittle out of steam
Your not alone, seems the author is streaching things out trying to come up with a good new direction.
__________________
音楽は死んだ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 12:13   Link #77
Scy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
The author is trying to be too smart for his own good. The main draw of the series has always been the L vs Raito mind battles, and all the plot twists introduced is ruining the plot. I felt that the series has started to lose steam after Misa first appeared, but the recent chapters is really killing the series.
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 11:15   Link #78
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Agree, first I was like more more this is great now. Bleh No ryuuku
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 11:24   Link #79
SlugZilla
woofles
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 28
You don't need to worry about Ryuku, he is gonna be back that I can guarantee. They can't get rid of him like that, he was one of the interesting characters.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 12:47   Link #80
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
who do you think is the Killer in the those guys?
Spoiler for 43:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.