AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Sasuke.........
He is still as cool now as he was before. Sasuke for life! 55 16.87%
Give the guy some slack, after all his entire family was murdered 56 17.18%
Never liked him, never hated him 81 24.85%
Yeah, I am beginning to hate him now. 45 13.80%
Sasuke deserves to die! A.S.S for life! 89 27.30%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-16, 12:34   Link #241
ShadowAssasin
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ny
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
lol, Sorry. Here is a fun Animesuki link Naruto Characters' Data Book.

Additionally, here are some statistical variations between the Databook One and Two Stats (collected by wrstljr, a fellow Naruto fan from a forbidden site)

Most Overall Points (Out of 40, 5 per category)

(Order of Categories/Numbers=Ninjutsu,Taijustu,Genjutsu, Intelligence, Power, Speed, Stamina/Spirit, Seal Speed (read clockwise from the top of the octagon)) (This does not include power-ups facilitated by Kyuubi, Curse Seal or Sharingan.)

Before Chuunin exam:
Sasuke - 18.5 (2.5, 2.5, 1.5, 2, 2, 3, 2, 3)
Naruto - 14.5 (2, 1.5, 1, 1, 2, 2, 4, 1)

After Chuunin Exam (pre-VOTE fight, no data is collected again until Part II starts, but these were the statistical coditions of the two fighters at VoTE):
Sasuke - 22.5 (3.5, 2.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 3, 3)
Naruto - 18.5 (3, 2, 1, 1.5, 3, 3, 4, 1)

I was wrong, it seems, Naruto and Sasuke went up equally (by 4 points). But, Sasuke improved everything (except Intelligence and Taijutsu), whereas Naruto only improved some of his stats (his Intelligence equals Sasuke by VoTE ).
Thanks James; the entire debate was based on naruto allegedly surpassing Sasuke; posting does become tiresome and tedious especially when debating with certain people(and apparently, sometimes hopeless). "Sledge hammers" are completely unnecessary when the logical architecture of an argument is faulty.

However, I'll admit that the quality of training between them was perhaps equal before and during the exams; there were certain details I carelessly forgot to factor in; apparently I need to read it over again sometime.


Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
By the stats Neji is 25 out of 40 by the Rescue Sasuke arc, so that means Sasuke could have never beaten Neji, but we know that Sasuke at VoTE could have beaten Neji and possibly eaisily.
Are the stats are a representation of the character without additional sources of power such as the kyuubi and cursed seal? (I thought I read you stating this) During that time, without the cursed seal Neji was definitely ahead of Sasuke as he was already in the academy a year earlier and also confirmed as a genius and"rookie of the year" like Sasuke. It seems as though you're severely underestimating Neji; he was one of the most feared and respected ninja by the other students during the exams, and at one point even Kakashi admits that Sasuke doesn't even stand a chance against him( The cursed seal, of course, changes this later on). If you are interested in reading Kakashi actually state this, its on chapter 80, page 3.

Last edited by ShadowAssasin; 2008-07-16 at 13:44.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 15:44   Link #242
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
Are the stats are a representation of the character without additional sources of power such as the kyuubi and cursed seal? (I thought I read you stating this) During that time, without the cursed seal Neji was definitely ahead of Sasuke as he was already in the academy a year earlier and also confirmed as a genius and"rookie of the year" like Sasuke. It seems as though you're severely underestimating Neji; he was one of the most feared and respected ninja by the other students during the exams, and at one point even Kakashi admits that Sasuke doesn't even stand a chance against him( The cursed seal, of course, changes this later on). If you are interested in reading Kakashi actually state this, its on chapter 80, page 3.
Okay, I can accept that (it makes sense that the more experience Neji might be able to defeat non-seal using Sasuke), but the problem I mentioned still exists. For example, just going by the stats, Kakashi could have beaten Sarutobi. Kakashi was ranked 34.5 out of 40 and Sarutobi (right before he died) was ranked 34 out of 40. Despite their accumulated statistic scores I see no way that Kakashi could have beaten Sarutobi, unless Kakashi had the MS back then, and even then, I do not believe that Kakashi could have won.

These statistical scores are meant to only provide basic information about each characters overall skill, they are not determining factors in any "what if...?" battle scenario. As you and I have both stated countless times, the determing factor in a fight in the Narutoverse, is more perserverance than actual skill or ability. The person standing in the end, is the one who fought the hardest and had the greatest stregth of will (i.e. they kept fighting). This is obviously an idealistic notion of fighting, but still the ideal is the heart of Naruto.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 19:02   Link #243
ShadowAssasin
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ny
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
These statistical scores are meant to only provide basic information about each characters overall skill, they are not determining factors in any "what if...?" battle scenario. As you and I have both stated countless times, the determing factor in a fight in the Narutoverse, is more perserverance than actual skill or ability.
Then why do people such as "Lastoftheuchiha" base their arguments on these databooks?(not that hes the only one, just the only one that came to mind off the top of my head at the moment) I've read quite a few discussions between him and you in particular(amusing ones at that) and I remember many of his comments being based on the information given in these "databooks". I don't remember them being unreliable... Not that I'm saying they aren't; I just don't understand the point of them if they aren't accurate.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 19:18   Link #244
Shinabaru Nara
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: sleep town usa
Send a message via AIM to Shinabaru Nara
still a emo fa* i wish i cud say it but ill get sued for saying it with this political correctniss dumb libralls have
Shinabaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 19:34   Link #245
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
Then why do people such as "Lastoftheuchiha" base their arguments on these databooks?(not that hes the only one, just the only one that came to mind off the top of my head at the moment) I've read quite a few discussions between him and you in particular(amusing ones at that) and I remember many of his comments being based on the information given in these "databooks". I don't remember them being unreliable... Not that I'm saying they aren't; I just don't understand the point of them if they aren't accurate.
The most important information in the Data Books is the complete list of all the jutsus used in the series (as well as their skill/strength level) and background information (i.e. birthdate, number of specific level missions, etc). (This information is what Last of the Uchiha and I argued the most over, specifically interpretations of said information.) Besides that, their are also Bingo book/Nin-card stat listings (these are the pictures explored in the link I provided as well as the specific numbers I mentioned). These stats reflect the basic skill level of each individual, but they do not reflect specific power-ups, etc. For instance, Bloodlines, demon abilities, and other such sudden power-ups are not really figured into the statistical analysis due in part because they do not reflect the true abilities of the individual (for instance, the Sharingan can see through high level genjutsus with ease, yet the normal Uchiha eye can not, so Sasuke has a genjutsu rating of 2.0 pre-timeskip, but with the Sharingan he probably has a genjutsu rating of 4.0). Again, the stats reflect basic information (that a foreign country or, more specifically Kabuto (since the format is based off of his nin-cards), could collect), so hidden strengths are never shown on the cards.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 13:53   Link #246
Hage-bai
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Age: 31
His character played a part in destroying this storyline especially after the timeskip. His death which won't happen is already too late to save this overhyped series.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 14:37   Link #247
ShadowAssasin
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ny
Since the data book isn't a reliable source... (and I'm waiting for someone...)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I... am quite honestly surprised at the contradictions you just posted. You say Sasuke doesn't care about Naruto, yet at the same time you say that Naruto closing the gap between them frustrated him becasue it made him feel that he recieved inadequite training. If Sasuke didn't care about Naruto, then he wouldn't have challenged Naruto in the hospital. After all, if he did't care about Naruto, then how strong Naruto is didn't matter. But Sasuke cared. Sasuke knew that Naruto was catching up to him, at times even surpassing him (even if only by Kyuubi, but Sasuke didn't know that back then) which frustrated him, because to him, that meant he was growing slower then 'the dobe'

So Naruto's... perhaps I shouldn't say growth, lets say Naruto's extraordinary feats, were very much a part of the reason for Sasuke leaving Konoha. Once again, not the reason, but one of the gears in the bigger part.
Surprised? Then get ready for another shock of your life, because I didn’t contradict myself. Sasuke didn’t care about naruto in the sense that “naruto” was not the reason he left. If “naruto” was a reason, Sasuke would have came back looking for him to settle the score when he had finished going through that cursed seal spell(we all know how adamant he is about settling scores don’t we); however it was naruto that chased Sasuke down. As I stated before, naruto is not part of any of Sasuke’s ambitions or agendas. The only thing the rooftop incident did was accelerate the inevitable. The only thing Sasuke cared about was his growth and progress, naruto’s progress made his appear slow because he was so ahead of him before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And yet Sasuke was greatly frustrated by the fact that Naruto's attack did conciderably more damage.
Yes, being the arrogant snob that Sasuke is, he was frustrated that naruto (a regular Joe with no talent) was coming so close to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
By all means, do tell what nifty trinkets Naruto returned with. So far all I'm counting is a broken berserker rage.
naruto didn’t receive lots of “nifty trinkets”, however he’s not empty handed. He’s much stronger, and able to control and access and control more of the kyuubi’s power; which may not sound like much, but look at the landscape after the Orochimaru fight. naruto is a heavy hitter; and he’s going to be even stronger after the sage training is over. The fact remains that he’s pretty much the top amongst his peers (except for Sasuke); he did not come empty handed. It’s the constant comparison to the only one of his peers who achieved exponential growth in terms of power and ability that makes it seem that way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Calmer, colder, its like he erased all of his emotions, barring several outbursts against Itachi (which is understandable, he was facing the source of his loathing after all). Come to think of it, he has become pretty much his brother in terms of personallity.
Sasuke was never an emotional person to begin with; the personality chart in the data book also confirms this (the personality chart is reliable isn’t it james?). He was already calm tactful type, and later became calmer, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
More, but not enough. Like I said, glaring Naruto instead of yelling Naruto was a nice adition, but that is pretty much where the changes end. He's still an idiot most of the time (the Kage Bunshin training episode was practically insulting, though the manga took it easier then the anime) he still charges in without thinking most of the time, only starting to think at the final moment, which is no change from what we've seen since the Wave arc.
Thanks, you just confirmed it, he developed more. Apparently it wasn’t enough for you, however it’s inconsequential for my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Does it? The only time that was said was in the beginning, and perhaps once or twice by people just getting to know him.
Yes, it does, you just confirmed it yourself.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 14:40   Link #248
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 28
Currently rereading the manga, I've been using the anime for a lot of things lately, which was a stupid thing to do, especially in regards to Naruto's character development. The anime seriously chunked that out of the window. -_-

I'll get back to you after I'm up to date again.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 18:46   Link #249
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
Are the stats are a representation of the character without additional sources of power such as the kyuubi and cursed seal? (I thought I read you stating this).
The stats are only a vague referential for the character, they aren't meant to be compared between different characters and they don't take things like Bloodline, CS, Bijuu, etc. into account.
Differently speaking they are mostly worthless (and trying to add them up is completely so). They are only meant to give an idea of the characters's strong and weak points.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 19:58   Link #250
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a land where Shota's and Bishounens live in a vast land full of suger filled meadows.
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to CMSensei
The people who don't like sasuke does'nt like his attitude and the way he doesn't acknowlege some people in his life, that made him seem more dark.

Really he did that because it what itachi sayed to order to get your revenge you have to kill your bestfriend. which made him more insoliate to him self when he was young. Now he left his past behind and he got caught up in power.

But I still have hope, but not so much.
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 22:19   Link #251
pizzajincuuriki
I have it inside me :]
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
You kno at the beginning I wrote this is my own opinion so try not to flame me for it, but go ahead...

Sasuke is a genius in combat only. Everywhere else he is well, quite stupid. He said he would claim power his own way at VoTE right? I have not seen him do that. He claimed power in Oro's way yes. He also claimed power in Itachi's way to achieve mangekyo. And now he is achieving power in tobi's way. He crys for his brother and plans to avenge him...by doing the exact opposite of what he told him to do.

He refused to grow, and then became frustrated at his lack of growth. He became comfortable...and instead of realizing it and trying to achieve power by maybe a path similar to rock lees, he went to everyone else but himself to do it in as little time as possible. Sasuke refuses to see his own flaws and work on them. He bitched and moaned about naruto surpassing him, but never trained until he had to.

Sasuke is like putting bambams brain in Rocky balboa. Yeah he has the potential to kick sooooo much ass, but hes a fucking baby!

I was honestly a sasuke fanboy up until oro stepped in. Actually, reading the parts when sasuke died for naruto and activated the sharingan against oro in the forest of death still give me warm fuzzy feelings inside. But that all stopped once he decided to take the easy way out. Now im not against asking for help in fact im glad naruto did and so did pretty much everyone else, but sasuke just pretty much had himself plvled to glory.

And now my hate of sasuke has expanded into outright rage at the fact that I have to see his punk ass acting all high and mighty about power he hardly had to work for.

Sasuke loves to go to other people for the answers so much his nindo should be plagurism. Whereas people like naruto find their own answers and eventually become stronger for it.

To me sasuke has become what Kuja was in Final Fantasy 9. A souless husk (a pretty one ill admit) who will kill get everyone to do dirtywork for him while he reaps the endless benefits that eventually give him ultima and he will destroy the planet.

I appreciate you reading all this. If any part of this makes no sense to you tell me and I will try to help you understand my point of view. If all you want to do is argue, leave me the hell alone.
pizzajincuuriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 02:04   Link #252
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
i dont want any more powerful ninjas got defeated by sasuke (handicap or not), let see after the time skip, he defeated: orochimaru (while he was sick), deidara (he saved himself from the final blast by covering himself w/ manda, cheap), itachi (he was sick too and did not even try to win ), and now the hachibi.

sigh...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 12:35   Link #253
ShadowAssasin
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ny
pizzajincuuriki, its pretty refreshing to read an anti sasuke post without the poster's dislike for him being based on the gap between him and naruto. I gave you a rep+ just for that, even though I disagree with most of your post. I also like how you haven't included the author in your argument at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler for space:
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 21:50   Link #254
BlackShinobi07
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Still bada$$!!!!!!!
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 20:21   Link #255
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a land where Shota's and Bishounens live in a vast land full of suger filled meadows.
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to CMSensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i dont want any more powerful ninjas got defeated by sasuke (handicap or not), let see after the time skip, he defeated: orochimaru (while he was sick), deidara (he saved himself from the final blast by covering himself w/ manda, cheap), itachi (he was sick too and did not even try to win ), and now the hachibi.

sigh...
sasuke has been defeting powerful ninjas everyone seems to be dieing. What if naruto just about had it and snaped and killed him in the manga. sakura would hate that would she.
__________________



CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 20:26   Link #256
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i dont want any more powerful ninjas got defeated by sasuke (handicap or not), let see after the time skip, he defeated: orochimaru (while he was sick), deidara (he saved himself from the final blast by covering himself w/ manda, cheap), itachi (he was sick too and did not even try to win ), and now the hachibi.

sigh...
What? When did Sasuke ever beat the 8 tailed Jinchuuriki?

That one is still a toss up.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 20:35   Link #257
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a land where Shota's and Bishounens live in a vast land full of suger filled meadows.
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to CMSensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
What? When did Sasuke ever beat the 8 tailed Jinchuuriki?

That one is still a toss up.
he never did he got stronger and told naruto that he can see it in side of him.
__________________



CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 22:07   Link #258
Miss. A n n i e*
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Send a message via MSN to Miss. A n n i e*
Really, I used to love Sasuke. Now... he's a jerk who betrayed everyone who loved him and his home town... and he even killed his own brother who never had bad intentions!! But OMG he's still... so... hot...
Miss. A n n i e* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 03:49   Link #259
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
he never did he got stronger and told naruto that he can see it in side of him.
Ah, so Sasuke could see the 8-Tales inside of Naruto, very interesting. Was he playing chess with the 9-Tales or what was he doing within Naruto?
I guess you are mistaking something there.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 05:09   Link #260
DailyMelody
Random Narutard. n_n
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to DailyMelody
If you'd ask me Sasuke is overpowered and should die very quickly, but that won't happen because if Sasuke would die and Naruto would be there > Naruto would get "emo/sad/whatever" etc.
Oh and don't forget Sakura.
DailyMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.