AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-01-18, 17:03   Link #141
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD
For me it was the op of Rurouni Kenshin, I wanted to end my life everytime it came on....if you ever want to torture me, play that song and you will accomplish your misson . Now lets just hope no one here has that in mind .Grrrr.....
LOL! Yeah I understand your dislike, but I kind of get used to it Especially because a remixed version of it ( that I like ) was used for DDR ( a dancing video game )
Old 2006-01-18, 17:45   Link #142
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
LOL! Yeah I understand your dislike, but I kind of get used to it Especially because a remixed version of it ( that I like ) was used for DDR ( a dancing video game )
I had to listen to that Goddamn song so many times at the arcade that was once at the mall (R.I.P. Time-Out: NEVAR FORGET). I swear to God that you couldn't go an hour without hearing that song at least twice, and every time I had to use all the will-power to not kill the person on the pad for picking that song. I only played it once on my own free will and that was for the sake of beating it to make sure I never had to choose that song ever again. Why, oh, why, of all the anime songs in the world, why was Freckles in DDR? It should've been in Pop'n Music, and then I would never have to have heard it. I share your pain, BellaD.

As much as I hate the DDR version, the original version's even worse. I thought that was impossible, but I guess anime OPs don't know the meaning of the word "impossible".
Old 2006-01-18, 19:57   Link #143
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Razer_2mb: Hehe, I guess everyone has his/her own taste
What I like about this song is the melody, it keeps looping in my head once I think of it I agree that the vocals are not so great, but they're very special nonetheless
Old 2006-01-18, 22:40   Link #144
BellaD

Quote:
but they're very special nonetheless
Special ?!? o_O...Woman you have lost it ...lol j/k.

I just cannot begin to explain the hate that I feel for that song .....Destruction comes to mind, yeah now I want to create a group who's purpose is to eliminate that evil creation which causes pain to my ears . Anyone wanna join ? Ohh please say yes and make me happy. I mean just imagine how beautiful the world would be without a song called Freckles in it lol ^^.
Who is the friend of all.
--

Last edited by BellaD; 2006-01-18 at 22:52.
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 14:59   Link #145
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Creating an anti-Freckles group is part of everyman's dream. The song sucks and the anime it came from isn't much better (unless it's made of kitties, Mountain Dew, and $100 bills in the Japanese version). Even if it was, it wouldn't be worth the torture that is the opening theme. That song makes Negima's opening Happy Material look like Cowboy Bebop's Tank in comparision.

Spoiler for answer to your question BellaD:
Old 2006-01-19, 17:36   Link #146
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Yeah...I guess so judging from almost everyone's opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Denka
I didn't even remember what freckles sounded like till I relistened to it today (with the 'recommendation' of everybody here) While it's not good (the vocals are horrible), but you do have to admit that it really sticks in your head. The second it came on, I instantly remembered the entire song! That's probably why they choose it as an OP. As bad as it is, at least it's really, really difficult to forget - which beats songs which are terrible AND which are forgettable.
Yay! I'm happy to know that I'm not insane
Old 2006-01-21, 06:37   Link #147
Vancuria

For me, I can't stand the woman that did the music for .hack, Noir, Tsubasa Chronicles, etc. It's just my opinion, but her music is cool to listen to on a CD in the car, but when you're trying to watch a show and there's a dramatic death scene with hyper celtic Riverdance music playing in the background... it just doesn't work.

Although, if I listen to one of her songs, I can't ever tell which anime it's from because her music all sounds the same to me anyway.

Can't stand her.

Likewise, if I hear another ALI PROJECT opener or ender, I'm going to have to choke someone. The Rozen Maiden openings are just horrid.
Vancuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 16:21   Link #148
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Denka
-DearS OP/ED (ouch, the artist had no vocal talent in her and despite some pretty heavy use of electronic digital sounds, it still sounded terrible...and the lyrics...ack!)
I disagree. Haruko Momoi is VERY talented to get her voice that high. XD
Old 2006-01-22, 15:51   Link #149
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not so much a particularly hated theme ... though I'm really not fond of the "elevator music strings" crap that infests so much of anime. Nothing like a razzy guitar opening and then a hard cut to badly done elevator music....
I wish more of the singers went for edgier music or at least more dynamic music. I like the vocals and instrumentation of the primary cuts from AIR ... but I loved the character CD tune "Maze in the Dark" from Negima... I like a lot of what Asakawa Yu tried and about half of KOTOKO's stuff (though she suffers a bit from the "lets have Lawrence Welk and Trent Reznor cut a tune together" problem).

I guess the most painful music I've ever come across is the opener to Azumanga --- but I'm pretty sure thats SUPPOSED to be painful
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 15:52   Link #150
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Hmm, the only "bad" anime song that I can think of right now is the opening theme for Spiral. I loved the series, and the ending theme was really good too. I mean, the opening song itself was good, but the singer...O__o why did she have to sound so nasally?

Someone mentioned the first season Kyou Kara Maou songs, but I don't think they're BAD. I didn't like OP at first, but then it sort of grew on me. I love the second ending theme, though. =)

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 22:58   Link #151
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Lupin the 3rd opening

That annoying music that plays during goofy scenes in Mai Hime. It drove me to give up on the series after hearing it for the fourth time in one episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 00:54   Link #152
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
That annoying music that plays during goofy scenes in Mai Hime. It drove me to give up on the series after hearing it for the fourth time in one episode.
I cant belive you give up watching an anime based on the trivial "goofy" music that is only like 1/10 of the total number of different tracks played in the anime.

I can imagine it now....make every good anime(FMA, FMP, Gundam franchise) with goofy music and you will give up on watching them.

Old 2006-02-03, 02:53   Link #153
evil-samurai

Quote:

I just cannot begin to explain the hate that I feel for that song .....Destruction comes to mind, yeah now I want to create a group who's purpose is to eliminate that evil creation which causes pain to my ears . Anyone wanna join ? Ohh please say yes and make me happy. I mean just imagine how beautiful the world would be without a song called Freckles in it lol ^^.
Freckles?? I remeber Its call Sobakasu well I guess? thats what the song must translate to then.

Wow! so much! hate, Bella Creating a anti-group I had to go and listen to that song, to remember what it sounds like after hearing so much bad things ^^ and...

I really!!! like that song ,there were other openings/endings themes of kenshin that are sounded worse.
Quote:
Razer_2mb: Hehe, I guess everyone has his/her own taste
What I like about this song is the melody, it keeps looping in my head once I think of it I agree that the vocals are not so great, but they're very special nonetheless
Yep love the melody too ^^ but I thought the vocals were pretty good, well I've heard much worse ~ so agree that the song is indeed very special!

EDIT// oh! yea about the music... I remember I really didn't like the first Naruto opening (but it could also be due to the fact I was watching a 45 MB size epidsode ^^;; )

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-02-03 at 04:34.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 02:55   Link #154
Ilpalazzo-sama

Kage Kara Mamoru OP song.... Good comedy, bad, baaad OP song.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 05:02   Link #155
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese no koma
the intro of chobits, the background voices "nya, nya, nya, let me be with you" just annoys me.
Then I can't imagine you listening to GaoGaiGar's OP

GA GA GA GA GA GA GAOGAIGAR!!! GA GA GA GA GA GA GAOGAIGAR!!!
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 15:53   Link #156
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I used to dislike the bleach opening butnow I like it LOL

I like 2 of Naruto's Openings the rest are crap >.< I like one ending song the ryuusei one.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 17:34   Link #157
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Some thoughts....

-the opening theme to the "Ah My Goddess" OVAs from the 80s has
ridiculous Scholz rockman processed guitars and fruity 80s-Huey Lewis
style synths. It was the style at the time but terribly dated today.

-the opening theme to "Record of Lodoss War" is a nice piece of music
but during the bridge to the chorus there's a segment where the singer
is really, really straining to hit some of the notes and you can hear it.
The version with the same backing track but english vocals and an
obviously american singer is more palatable but she loses the oriental
flavor in some of the note choices in the melody line.

-There's more but those come to mind.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 21:19   Link #158
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Hasn't anyone listened to Speed Grapher's 1st ED?
OMG.
The vocalist sounds like a dog on heat. Man, it is DREADFUL.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 21:31   Link #159
AnimEcoli

For whatever reason, i dislike GiTs's opening :-/
AnimEcoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 02:15   Link #160
AsukaBoogiepop
Righteous!!!

xD....an oldie....the first opening of sailor moon it was really irritating for me x_x