AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-23, 01:23   Link #41
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
I know animenfo's info cannot be trusted, but it says that Geneon Entertainment has the series for US distribution. Now I cannot find this title on animeondvd's Grand High Licensing List or on Animesuki's own license database, so is it a rumor or false info?

Link:
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...wa_higash.html
I haven't heard anything about it getting picked up yet and I try to keep track of all the non-adult romance gaming anime that gets picked up for R1. If it did get picked up I would like to know about it. It doesn't seem like an anime that would get picked up this early in it's cycle though.

I'm still ticked at AnimeNfo for not correcting their Kakyuusei listing after I told them several times what was wrong.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 20:37   Link #42
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Episode 9 out, and it looks like the next episode will develop the story a lot, with an ending like this one. A lot more has been revealed now.
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 19:56   Link #43
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

compared to the sister show Wind, hanihani comes up way too short

This anime comes soooo close to be harem, yet they make it seem like a generic high school romantic comedy (to Heart)

At Least wind has a point with each character's magical powers and has cool 3d cg parallelax scrolling
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 23:27   Link #44
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

I hope this episode is as good as the others... 9 is a lucky number.

Maceart---> harem ??? How come ?
JOJOS'STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 19:48   Link #45
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Just watched Episode 11, and now I'm very confused.

Spoiler:
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 21:32   Link #46
Itlandm
Porcupine

That's my impression from episode 11 too. But there is no explanation for the wings, so far. It looks like the creators have made different plots and got their pages confused. ^_^
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 21:35   Link #47
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

If you're confused because of episode 11, that's a fair indication that the good old writing team rushed.

I expected it. It was much too fast. First you think everything is normal save for a few things for over half of the damn show, then two episodes before the end, what happens?

Spoiler for episode 11:

Uh huh... great job guys...

Anyway, I'm still liking the characters, but the plot could've been better. More character development could've been better. Oh wait... we're only watchin 10 minute episodes... I guess it's kind of hard to achieve that...
Old 2004-09-18, 23:06   Link #48
TerryMathews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
If you're confused because of episode 11, that's a fair indication that the good old writing team rushed.

I expected it. It was much too fast. First you think everything is normal save for a few things for over half of the damn show, then two episodes before the end, what happens?

Spoiler for episode 11:

Uh huh... great job guys...

Anyway, I'm still liking the characters, but the plot could've been better. More character development could've been better. Oh wait... we're only watchin 10 minute episodes... I guess it's kind of hard to achieve that...
Was it my imagination, or did they just half-ass that story in the last two episodes? It's almost like it's a completely different anime.
TerryMathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 00:37   Link #49
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Yeah.. they totally blew it I think. Were they budget-limited to have 9-10 minutes episodes instead of the normal time? I barely got a grasp of what actually happened.

Spoiler:
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 11:37   Link #50
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Um... interesting ending.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-19, 16:40   Link #51
KoopaTroopa

I thought the ending was ok, it turned out like I thought it would. I wonder what next week's special episode will be about? The series wasn't that bad; it was kinda cute and good filler while waiting for other fansubs to come out.
KoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 19:46   Link #52
FlyByNite

All I wanted from this show was one little thing
Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 20:12   Link #53
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaTroopa
I thought the ending was ok, it turned out like I thought it would. I wonder what next week's special episode will be about? The series wasn't that bad; it was kinda cute and good filler while waiting for other fansubs to come out.
Spoiler:
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 22:14   Link #54
KoopaTroopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
All I wanted from this show was one little thing
Spoiler:
Why I think she has wings

Spoiler:

Was just a cute & entertaining anime, maybe if it wasn't 13 minutes an episode, it could have evolved better. The teacher is pretty funny at first...class is like, "We can't see you"...I loved that & wondered why she was the teacher.
Old 2004-09-20, 19:07   Link #55
Itlandm
Porcupine

Shame about the wings. (You will remember that Naoki had scars on his back in the same place as the wings would be.) I definitely have the impression that a bunch of people here worked with different version of the anime, perhaps based on alternate timeline in a dating sim? Sadly they didn't have the time, or the talent perhaps, to make it all together in one story, so we got all these contradictions and disconnected episodes.

But yeah, it was kinda cute. The opening song (ending song in 12) got kinda stuck in my head for a day. Poor coworkers. I also remembered only a small part of the Japanese lyrics. -_-
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 10:01   Link #56
KoopaTroopa

I just watched the special 13th episode. Nothing special...just a recap of what happened. Anything special about the episode was that they ran special notes about the major characters, like birthday and whatever. Nothing special to see. I thought the episode would show how the marriage and relationship was doing & how the future turned out.
Old 2004-09-27, 18:08   Link #57
Onesimos

This is my first time posting on this forum, but I would like to say that I am quite disappointed with this final episode, but the entire anime series. Certain things went unexplained, and the plot could had been much better.

While the female characters look attractive, I do not think this is a good anime worth licensing for Region 1 DVD release.
Onesimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 18:41   Link #58
KoopaTroopa

This whole series could have been done in about 4 episodes, but I thought it was cute while I wait for other series to be dubbed.
Old 2004-09-27, 18:48   Link #59
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaTroopa
This whole series could have been done in about 4 episodes, but I thought it was cute while I wait for other series to be dubbed.
You mean subbed?
Old 2004-09-27, 18:48   Link #60
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Episode 13 was VERY disappointing, given the fact that I was actually expecting more plot advancement... not a damn recap episode.

I haven't seen Wind 13 yet, but I'm betting it's also a recap episode...