AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-27, 19:19   Link #61
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Timeless Enigma.. right on the spot, even worst then the Hani Hani one, except we get a little scene in the wind one, but that's off topic...

Yeah, totally a waste, another series that could have been more.. But yeah.. New series are coming up real soon, now Hani hani had it's use of waiting for new series..
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 21:23   Link #62
KoopaTroopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
You mean subbed?
Yeah, subbed. Oops
KoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 12:57   Link #63
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I just watched this series... and I think it's quite decent I guess... the girls are cute, the story is okay, and it's actually a nice romance story instead of your standard harem-show (there was no real harem to begin with, somewhat like Wind) speaking of which, it seems both this series and Wind
Spoiler:
The earlier episodes are somewhat isolated, but still they connect to each other and are way more consistent than Wind. Also those isolated episodes somewhat fits the anime title "rushing around left and right in school life" animation but then it never builds up to as much potential (which then backfires) as Wind... Personally I actually think the story is quite easy to understand, for what happened 5 years ago
Spoiler:
for what happened in the end
Spoiler:
about wings
Spoiler:
Maybe someone who has played the game can tell if my interpretations are correct or not, but then I think it's far more consistent and easier to understand than Wind

well, there is one little detail that bothers me a bit though
Spoiler for :
Oh and what's up with Yui-sensei? I first thought she was a child genius, but in the end it seems that she just doesn't grow up? is she an immortal or something?

Lastly, one thing about the series that really scared me was how the eyes of the characters were drawn... I mean, they look like some kind of shiny stones to me... pretty stones at that, but still looks totally lifeless and overly shiny... I always feel like creeped out when they do some close-ups with those characters' eyes

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-10-02 at 15:55.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 13:52   Link #64
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I suppose I was overly critical of this anime. In the end I enjoyed Wind better. Both Wind and Hani Hani had the story come out of essentially no where in the dying episodes, but I think Wind's storyline was easier to understand. It's episode 13 was actually worth watching just for the end bit. But it made it seem like it was unfinished...

Anyway, yeah, Hani Hani had cute girls, the childhood friend turned lover, good scenery, fitting music, the eyes were unique (they didn't really bother me at all), but in the end this was basically a filler anime, like others said. You watch this because you're waiting for the fall anime.
Old 2004-10-02, 15:59   Link #65
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

just finished ep13, and actually there are some extra scenes which may give a slightly different explanation of the ending
Spoiler:
Well, I think Wind's story holds far more potential than Hani Hani's, however as I said for me it backfired, it could be such a great series, thus it turns out to be a much bigger disappointment Also the episodes in Wind feels much more disconnected from each other than Hani Hani... the gap between Wind ep9, 10, 11 and 12 are just a bit too much... especially considering those are the "main plot" episodes. At least the last few "main plot" episodes of Hani Hani can connect to each other... but then the story in Hani Hani never has the potential of Wind

Oh, and Anin Tofu is GREAT. I LOVE Anin Tofu too

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-10-02 at 16:09.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 14:37   Link #66
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

After watching wind i was hesitant to get this, but i did. And i loved it. The story wasnt as dark as wind, which was probably deliberate, and i loved it more than wind. Wind left far to many questions unanswered for me, sure i have a few on this show aswell, but no where near as many as wind.

All in all i was impressed with it. I still have my old complaint though, by the time you take the credits out your looking at about 9-10 minute show, which really isnt long enough, for any show. I think both of these shows could of been impreved by making them the normal 24-26 minute shows.

That would of allowed more character development and growth, something you dont see a lot of. But atleast they didnt balls this one up totaly like they did wind. This is on my keep list

Wpnder if they're going to do an OVA of this, which would tie up those few loose ends.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 07:33   Link #67
rarukyu
umeboshi

just finished watching this myself and i have to say it wasn't all that bad. though i do agree that there were some loose ends. i hope they would make an ova to tie up these loose ends :P
rarukyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 18:28   Link #68
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Pretty much a "bleh" story.

Pacing for the series is horrible. The episodic nature of the first 70% of it does not help either. The episodes barely stitch together - i bet you could remove some of the middle eps and not notice a difference.

And in the very end the plot comes in from the left field. They could have managed to bring the plot across little by little, instead of dropping it on us in the home stretch. Up until ep10 or so we got about 5 minutes of plot, the rest is filler material, with next to none(if any) character development.

Why did he have those scars that seemed they could have been from wings? Why did Mikoto have wings? *sigh*

The plot might not have been the worst thing ever, but it came too little, too late. I think you could watch eps 1-2, then 10-12 and you would not be missing much. Which is a "feat" to achieve, considering this was basically 12 x 10 minutes of screentime. Apparently the writers did not know what to do with such wast amounts of time The "5 years in to the future" time jump felt poorly executed as well.

I was not expecting much, but i get the feeling i got less than i was expecting
Old 2007-03-07, 01:05   Link #69
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I'm forced to agree. The source material (the game by Augustsoft) is good, but as with Yoake Mae, the anime conversion was terrible in comparison. And again, also the same as Yoake, the beautiful art style of August was completely ruined by crappy anime versions (though to be fair, at least the Hani ones weren't quite as bad as Yoake.)

Let's compare

Good Honami.

BAD Honami.

Seriously, isn't there a studio that can at least capture some of Augustsoft's design in an anime version? Probably KyoAni could, but the chances of them picking up an August series is slim to none.

Last edited by Radiosity; 2007-09-02 at 19:29.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 10:10   Link #70
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
I'm forced to agree. The source material (the game by Augustsoft) is good, but as with Yoake Mae, the anime conversion was terrible in comparison. And again, also the same as Yoake, the beautiful art style of August was completely ruined by crappy anime versions (though to be fair, at least the Hani ones weren't quite as bad as Yoake.)

Let's compare

Good Honami.

BAD Honami.

Seriously, isn't there a studio that can at least capture some of Augustsoft's design in an anime version? Probably KyoAni could, but the chances of them picking up an August series is slim to none.
I loved Hani Hani, but hated Wind. I still kept both, but Wind left far too many questions unanswered for me to appreciate it.

I would LOVE for KyoAni to pick these up, and extend/improve on them as it has done for Kanon, but there's almost no chance it would ever happen.
Old 2007-04-04, 03:03   Link #71
KBTKaiser

*ultimate topic necromancy, perhaps?*

Ya know, despite it being rushed, it seemed pretty nice.

*turns to leave, but remembers something*

Oh yeah, did you know that the DVD releases had 4 alternate eps for 9-12 to go with Mikoto instead? >>;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote