AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2009-02-07, 20:04   Link #1
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Odd problem, kinda bittorrent, kinda isp

Okay, I was trying to download the Tales of Abyss anime. The domain name for hosting is Xabin. The problem is the site won't load at all. Like its being blocked. So I used proxify to see. Turns out I can see the site then. Also to note, I have comcast. So I'm just wondering if this site is actually blocked on the isp side, is it possible? Or is my torrent just screwed up or browser. I really don't know what the deal is
Old 2009-02-10, 19:42   Link #2
Antenor
Lucky Bastard

The Xabin.ru domain has been known to host a lot of warez, malware and such. Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome both give stern warnings if anything from that domain is on screen (Chrome even prohibits the browsing). A lot of ISPs have it blocked as well.

If the tracker is hosted there, you might need to use a proxy with your client, and only use it for tracker-client connections. uTorrent does that by default.
Old 2009-02-11, 22:32   Link #3
Ehko
its a boy :o

erm, if its tales of abyss, id much suggest http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/ over a .ru site (not that all Russian websites are bad, but most that you will easily come across tend to be... well warezfull :x)

Comcast awhile back was the first to start breaking down on ports and stuff to make torrent downloads nearly impossible, but that was awhile back when I heard of that. Not having to deal with it, idk what ever came of it.

Also, Anonymouse.org is my suggestion over proxify.org

and yes, most likely a proxy would be needed to visit such a site

Ehko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 18:55   Link #4
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antenor View Post

If the tracker is hosted there, you might need to use a proxy with your client, and only use it for tracker-client connections. uTorrent does that by default.
I've actually tried using IE also, I still get an error. What type of proxy site could I use though that still allows small downloads. The current one I use, Doesn't allow a download unless you pay
Old 2009-02-14, 00:25   Link #5
cyberbeing

Where did this talk of Russian sites come from?

Shinoto, aren't you trying to access gg's tracker http://xabin.mine.nu/gg-tracker/ aka http://bt.xabin.eu?

I would suspect it is a DNS issue. Open up command prompt and type nslookup xabin.mine.nu and see if you are able to resolve the domain.