AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-06-28, 00:03   Link #1
Green²
It's Magic

Thumbs down Firmware 1.45.11 for Linksys BEFSR41 (v1 and v2)

I installed this firmware version on my router yesterday in hope to fix a few bugs, only to later discover that the WAN DHCP remaining time lease wouldn't automatically renew itself, thus resulting in a loss of internet connection.

Then when I googled up the problem, I stumbled on this forum topic where many were stating similar issues. Thankfully, there are a few people there who have created some scripts as a work around which will automatically renew the lease.

But to think that Linksys had let a bug like this slip into the works, it does kind of make one think about how much testing they put into their releases.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 02:46   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

That's weird. I have had no problems. I've been running that firmware and so has my sisters and cousins for many months without any problems. We play PS2, Everquest, and other online gaming and no problem. I use Azureus (had to check slow connection and checked to box for Alt Socket Pulling) and had no problems. I get a constant connection. My ISP issues new IPs ever 3 hours and I see a slight hicup (torrents drop to 0 and back up to 100-200K) when it switches but I still stay "connected." I also get a new different IP every time.

after the firmware upgrade, did you do the hard reboot (hold the back button down for 10-15 seconds?
________
Suzuki cervo specifications

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:25.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 05:03   Link #3
Green²
It's Magic

I've only went as far as reinstalling that firmware and then again using the 30 second reset, but was unable to resolve this issue. As I'm on a 24 hour lease, it can be hard to test the results even after a few tweaks. I'm still waiting for a response from Linksys but I think the only option I have left is to rely on manual and/or script lease renew, or to go back to a earlier firmware version. I just hope that we don't have to wait a year for them to fix this should this be a confirmed bug.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote