AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-06, 06:46   Link #81
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
All in all they're pretty good, I don't understand the encoding process very much but these seems just fine.

Thanks for bringing us new episodes. This is reminding me that Touch is one of the best anime ever made.
Old 2008-07-29, 21:41   Link #82
marclemagne
~ ~

Thank you for bringing this show back to my attention. I watched the subbed versions a while back and it quickly became my favorite show ever, and now with these new and improved subs, I am happy to be watching it all over again. It is an amazing show and I truly appreciate the efforts of those who help to make it available to watch.

"If love can kill then surely hatred can save."
-Altena; Noir
marclemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 03:58   Link #83
Tiran86

Is the anime much better than the manga?

I liked touch, but when it comes to Adachi's stuff, I liked Miyuki and H2 a lot more than touch.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 04:08   Link #84
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
iirc Touch followed very closely the manga so if you liked H2's manga more than Touch i doubt you will change your view. On the bright side Touch (anime) is bazillion times better than H2 (anime) so...
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 18:10   Link #85
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Since C-A is giving us a second chance to rewatch and discuss all over again this anime, why don't we just do that?

Episodes 5 and 6 were released last week.

Spoiler for episode 5:

Spoiler for episode 6 and for further ahead on the story of TOUCH! So be warned:
Old 2008-08-04, 22:52   Link #86
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokr View Post
Since C-A is giving us a second chance to rewatch and discuss all over again this anime, why don't we just do that?
Gives me an easy reason to rewatch the DVDs again

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 5:
Spoiler for In relation to Episode 5:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 6 and for further ahead on the story of TOUCH! So be warned:
Spoiler for In relation to Episode 6 and further ahead:
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 10:32   Link #87
DanielSong39

I'd say Touch anime is about as good as the manga, for better or for worse.

When it comes to anime I prefer Miyuki and Hiatari Ryouko! over this one; as for his manga, I'd have to vouch for Miyuki, H2, and Rough.

Still, you might find Touch enjoyable as long as Tatsuya and Minami don't turn you off.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 14:07   Link #88
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Gives me an easy reason to rewatch the DVDs again

Spoiler for In relation to Episode 5:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Spoiler for In relation to Episode 6 and further ahead:
Yeah, you said it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
you might find Touch enjoyable as long as Tatsuya and Minami don't turn you off.
Spoiler for the ending of Touch:
Old 2009-05-22, 03:43   Link #89
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

*bump.

Thanks for the last episodes C-A. This part of Touch story is phenomenal.
Old 2009-05-22, 09:57   Link #90
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
*bump.

Thanks for the last episodes C-A. This part of Touch story is phenomenal.
I'm hoping to get the DVD versions of 15-18 done soon.
Old 2009-05-22, 16:47   Link #91
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Wonderful news.
Old 2009-05-25, 12:28   Link #92
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Indeed.
Old 2009-05-25, 13:33   Link #93
lixuelai

The best part of the series IMO. Completely changed the mood of the anime.
lixuelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 00:20   Link #94
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I just finished watching this series, and I can say that I am throughly impressed. The series is at its best as a character interaction oriented series, and it has pretty decent character development dynamics, which together makes it a very strong series in the characters department. However, I think that the story had problems defining itself at times.

Spoiler for there aren't any big spoilers here, but I may be slipping something. Full series review:

Overall: 8.8, rounded to 9. Excellent and memorable series.

In any case, after seeing this and the currently ongoing Cross Game I got interested into Adachi's works. Before plungung myself into his manga works, I wanted to ask if there is any other good anime adaptation of one of his series? I've heard that H2's isn't all that good so maybe I'll pass on that,but how about others, like Miyuki? That and, which are his best manga works, so I can start with those? I have heard high praise with Rough, but I wanted to ask if there were any others.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-09-06 at 00:33.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 00:35   Link #95
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Although I disagree in that this is one of those series that I personally recommend to everyone, I do agree that I found the ending to be slightly lacking and fell short of being completely satisfying ala Maison Ikkoku. Actually I personally thought that the duo was relatively free of melodrama and more straightforward with each other than typical anime, eg, when Minami finds out Tatsuya was forced into a "date" with Nitta's sister, rather than get jealous like every other female anime lead, she just teases him about it. On the whole I thought they were refreshingly direct for most of the series.

I also agree that the direction of the series changes quite a bit, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, just realistic - changing from quieter training seasons to Koshien tournament, etc. I do think it could upset viewers who started the series, saw a high school romantic comedy in the first couple of episodes, and then were treated to a baseball drama during some of the later episodes.

Kashiwaba is a character I enjoyed. To the very end he refrains from being sentimentalized too much, which takes a lot of restraint. The scene at the end at the hospital is one of my favourites.

I suppose that I agree with Harada, another character I liked. I found the turning over of the "dumb bully" character refreshing but he kind of faded off towards the end.

Plan to watch the sequel movies? I reviewed them here. If you do, my advice is to skip MLY, I thought it was horrible.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..

Last edited by Theowne; 2009-09-06 at 00:50. Reason: spoiler cleaning
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 00:48   Link #96
Proto

Yeah, I have read the reviews on your blog, in fact it was your non spoiler review which convinced me to watch Touch in the first place. Kudos for that
In fact I found the first season (25 episodes or so) to be the weakest by far of the series. I guess I found 24-50 to be the best, followed by the third season.

Quote:
The scene at the end where Tatsuya gives him the baseball is one of my favourites.
My personal favorite was when the original coach recognized him by who he was. Literally took me by surprise, and a good one at that.
Old 2009-09-06, 00:51   Link #97
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Touch is a classic. As such, it kind of defies my better judgment, in terms of actually rating it - I can say, however, that the live-action movie was very cute, even if it obviously condensed way too much story into less than two hours.
However, I find it easy to say it's not my personal favorite work from Adachi-sensei.

You mentioned Rough, Proto. That would be my personal favorite. I even liked the movie.
As for other manga works of his, I loved H2 (the anime kinda sucks, tho), Katsu!, Short Program and Adventure Boys. But there are a lot of other stuff to read (and, obviously, the ongoing Cross Game and Q & A rank highly on that list).

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 00:54   Link #98
Proto

Thanks for the recommendations. However, I'd love to see if there were any other anime works of his that you would recommend. Personally, I'm more of a sound oriented person so I love my VA'ing and OST's. Which is not to say that I won't read a manga, but if there is a good anime alternative I'd take it.
Old 2009-09-06, 01:25   Link #99
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Well, you could try the Slow Steps anime, then. It's actually quite fun and short.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 06:49   Link #100
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

The Miyuki anime is very cute too with the incredible voice of Miyuki Wakamatsu. Hiyatari Ryoukou is very good too. The bad thing, is that both shows doesn't have complete english tranlations.

Too bad you don't enjoy manga, the magic of Adachi is mainly portrayed on his mangas.

And H2 anime isn't as bad as they say. The characters design differs just a tiny bit and it doesn't have an ending, just that.

Last edited by ragnarokr; 2009-09-07 at 15:06.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote