AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-18, 10:12   Link #101
Kurai~
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Great Teacher Onizuka

GTO was the first manga I had ever read. And it is still my favorite. No manga has ever made me laugh or become depressed like this one. I have never felt attached to characters as much as I have to those in GTO. In my opinion, it is the best manga ever created (with Berserk a close second, of course).

And recently, Tohru Fujisawa has announced that he is working on GTO once again. I am estatic.

Last edited by Kurai~; 2009-06-18 at 10:23.
Kurai~ is offline  
Old 2009-06-18, 16:54   Link #102
Fettucine
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter 2 DDL
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?metoyno1ynx
Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3925320...7619855175309/

Last edited by Fettucine; 2009-06-18 at 17:06.
Fettucine is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 11:56   Link #103
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Thanks for the links ^^

Ahah Onizuka is always great as ever ^^ They don't know who is he !! They gotta have their ass kicked !!! XD
Page 3 was hilarious XD
Ahah PS3 and Resident evil 5 !
Hope that there'll be a lot of chapters
-Sho- is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 14:07   Link #104
Kurai~
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Oh man, just read those. Thanks for the links. Friggin' hilarious.
Kurai~ is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 16:32   Link #105
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Onizuka is just too epic, although he´s still lagging behind Harima Kenji from SR ;/
LeaD36 is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 21:07   Link #106
Xellos
There will be no miracle
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Onizuka is just too epic, although he´s still lagging behind Harima Kenji from SR ;/
I have to say Onizuka is the greater character. Love for teaching > love for an airhead. And at least GTO had a coherent ending
__________________
Xellos is offline  
Old 2009-06-20, 01:02   Link #107
Freeter
back in style
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Onizuka is just too epic, although he´s still lagging behind Harima Kenji from SR ;/
LMAO. Harima isn't even half the man that Onizuka is. If he was, SRZ wouldn't be dead in the water right now
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: Gintama, JoJo, Fate, Soma, Plastic, DxD, Show by Rock
Next: Non Non Biyori, Prison School, Noragami
Freeter is offline  
Old 2009-06-20, 13:42   Link #108
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
Does anybody even read School Rumble any more? I quit after 100 chapters and lol'ed when I heard about the ending.
__________________
AnimeFangirl is offline  
Old 2009-06-20, 15:49   Link #109
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Lol don't compare Harima with Onizuka .
In my opinion , Harima is very far to become like him and i don't know if a day he will (but i already know that its impossible because the manga is finish and the end was crap XD )
-Sho- is offline  
Old 2009-06-20, 19:16   Link #110
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
LMAO. Harima isn't even half the man that Onizuka is. If he was, SRZ wouldn't be dead in the water right now
i´m not saying he´s stronger or more manly, i just mean he´s more EPIC in general. The things he did, how he did them, it was simply pure epic in every way xd.

Onizuka is just a synonym for GAR on this matter.
LeaD36 is offline  
Old 2009-06-21, 22:44   Link #111
Freeter
back in style
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i´m not saying he´s stronger or more manly, i just mean he´s more EPIC in general.
Even in that regard Onizuka trumps him. Onizuka arm wrestled 99 guys in a row and won, whereas Harima was just a spectator

I could name a whole laundry list of epic things Onizuka has done, but in the end, he wins out simply because he was able to carry two series just on his character alone. Nobody tuned in to SR just for Harima, they wanted to see him get with Eri. SRZ's early termination was proof of that.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: Gintama, JoJo, Fate, Soma, Plastic, DxD, Show by Rock
Next: Non Non Biyori, Prison School, Noragami
Freeter is offline  
Old 2009-06-22, 04:23   Link #112
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
Correction, they wanted to see him get with Yakumo.

Onizuka's an interesting character, but hmm... If I were one of the kids and some adult just barged into my life: "I'm going to open your heart, just wait and see!" I'd be pissed off too. I want to see how much realistic progress he can make in just 14 days.
__________________
AnimeFangirl is offline  
Old 2009-06-22, 15:37   Link #113
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I don't think that was the case with School Rumble. I'm pretty sure that the most popular pairing was Hairma and Eri, Yakumo and Harima was second in that race. At least thats every poll I've ever seen.

I would a agree Onizuka is a better character; but so are his supporting cast. I think thats part of the reason that he's so great.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline  
Old 2009-06-22, 18:16   Link #114
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Even in that regard Onizuka trumps him. Onizuka arm wrestled 99 guys in a row and won, whereas Harima was just a spectator

I could name a whole laundry list of epic things Onizuka has done, but in the end, he wins out simply because he was able to carry two series just on his character alone. Nobody tuned in to SR just for Harima, they wanted to see him get with Eri. SRZ's early termination was proof of that.
I only watched/read SR for Harima though, he was the only awesome thing :///

And Urumi´s right besides Onizuka in the spotlight, atleast in my eyes

A brief comparison : While Onizuka had to actually study and work hard to get there (eventually not needed, but he would have made it anyway) Harima simply wrote his wish on a piece of paper and hanged it out on a pole.

Your argument doesn´t really counterfit what i say, it´s just enhancing the fact that Onizuka is GAR as hell, armwrestling 100 ppl in a row is more GAR than EPIC i believe.
LeaD36 is offline  
Old 2009-06-23, 04:42   Link #115
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
How's it called ?Because typing GTO the sequel,doesn't find anything new in google...

Edit ***

Nvm,GTO: Shonan 14 Days

It's good to see Onizuka again,but i hope that we'll have a couple of chapters from their present life and not just from that time ;o

And why the hell did they change Urumi's age to 14 ??She was 16 <_<,did the mangaka forget the ages he's given to his characters,6 years difference(between Onizuka and Urumi ) is nothing they could still get married (My dad is 7 yrs older than my mom ;o).

Last edited by noktown; 2009-06-23 at 05:54.
noktown is offline  
Old 2009-06-23, 06:14   Link #116
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Read Onizuka's story when he was young . It's hilarious XD and in my opinion more funny than Harima . Well , even the current story its hilarious .
I don't see a default on GTO .
-Sho- is offline  
Old 2009-06-23, 06:25   Link #117
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Yeah I've read the young GTO lol,i think the mangaka after taking a break should've just continued the series,instead of coming up with Kamen Teacher.

I'm sure there is no end for Onizuka's troubles,I'd seriously just read the manga for it's comedy and dailfy life (the mangaka never focused on peacefull days,just the troubles one after another).
noktown is offline  
Old 2009-06-23, 20:51   Link #118
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
How's it called ?Because typing GTO the sequel,doesn't find anything new in google...

Edit ***

Nvm,GTO: Shonan 14 Days

It's good to see Onizuka again,but i hope that we'll have a couple of chapters from their present life and not just from that time ;o

And why the hell did they change Urumi's age to 14 ??She was 16 <_<,did the mangaka forget the ages he's given to his characters,6 years difference(between Onizuka and Urumi ) is nothing they could still get married (My dad is 7 yrs older than my mom ;o).
Yea, that's what make me wonder too. The translation version of old GTO state that most of his students were 16 years old, which is why I thought they were high school students. I don't know if it's mistranslation or deliberately done to avoid minimum age law or something, but the original manga definitely states Urumi to be 14 years in this one.
kuroishinigami is offline  
Old 2009-06-23, 21:50   Link #119
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
And why the hell did they change Urumi's age to 14 ??She was 16 <_<,did the mangaka forget the ages he's given to his characters.
He didn't forget anything. Urumi is 14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The translation version of old GTO state that most of his students were 16 years old... deliberately done to avoid minimum age law
That was the reason. In the original they're all middle schoolers.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now  
Old 2009-06-24, 01:57   Link #120
Fettucine
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter 3 DDL
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yftoiz2mbmw

Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3925320...7620435345756/
Fettucine is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, shonen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.