AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-07-22, 18:05   Link #101
Kiro
chocolate overdose
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Germany/Berlin
Age: 31
ah, there's something i have to add to my last post:

if you look at DearS, there is lots of censored nuditiy. whenever ren is half-naked somehow her clothes and her long hair cover all the delicate parts. would any of the scenes be any funnier without "tricks" like this, would you laugh harder, if you were able to see some boobs? i think not.

boobs are nice and all, but they can't tell jokes or funny stories. they're just boobs. you don't have to see them to know that they are there. if they were so freakin funny, then you wouldn't be able to see a porno without dying of laughter.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 18:44   Link #102
Marine-RX179
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Am I the only one that noticed the Seiyuu for both Kirie in Girls Bravo and Neneko in DearS are the same (Saito Chiwa), as well Natsumi in Keroro Gunso...?
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 18:45   Link #103
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
What gag did they remove? Put it in spoilers with a warning about it being adult.
heheh.

Spoiler:


You see? iI didn't even realise there was a gag there until it was mentioned then i remember the store keeper blushing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro

ah, there's something i have to add to my last post:

if you look at DearS, there is lots of censored nuditiy. whenever ren is half-naked somehow her clothes and her long hair cover all the delicate parts. would any of the scenes be any funnier without "tricks" like this, would you laugh harder, if you were able to see some boobs? i think not.

boobs are nice and all, but they can't tell jokes or funny stories. they're just boobs. you don't have to see them to know that they are there. if they were so freakin funny, then you wouldn't be able to see a porno without dying of laughter.
But the thing here is that they were "censored" by the creators/writers, if they want to created an anime series with there own "self-censorship" im all for it, after all they were designed and planned for that.
Girls BRAVO clearly was NOT originally created with those censored scenes, when the very creators/animators tell you there work has been altered, no matter how much you argue, that is not right, It not what they want you to watch.

And like i said, if your don't want to watch nudity and sexual overtone reference/jokes DON'T WATCH A ECCHI COMEDY.

Go watch something different, there are plenty of great comedy anime series without ecchi. But hey i don't want to force you to not watch good anime, as long as we are able to watch ecchi anime as it's suppose to be, with all the good-ecchi stuff in it, you can always then get a "tamer" version of it, with all the "offensive" stuff censored up until the only peice of nudity is the face.

Hell i don't give a crap, you can watch it dubbed, cut and splited with a American sitcom.
As long as i can watch the ecchi anime the way they were meant to be im content.


__________________

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2004-07-22 at 19:01.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 19:19   Link #104
Lance
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Pretty good so far. This show seems like one of those post-Chobits anime but it keeps me laughing so hard! By the way, what do they mean by calling themselves slaves? I mean, for example, there was a slavery organised as a social class in the ancient Rome. Are Dears socially marked as slaves back in their original planet or something? Well I have to watch the upcoming episodes to see the meaning of it.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 19:48   Link #105
FlyByNite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Pretty good so far. This show seems like one of those post-Chobits anime but it keeps me laughing so hard! By the way, what do they mean by calling themselves slaves? I mean, for example, there was a slavery organised as a social class in the ancient Rome. Are Dears socially marked as slaves back in their original planet or something? Well I have to watch the upcoming episodes to see the meaning of it.
Yea. I'm thinking that they're genetically engineered to be slaves to their home planet. Now I'm not sure why they were travelling all on the ship, perhaps there's multiple planets and the ship was heading to a 'slave market.'


It does have some similarities with Alien Nation, the vast majority of them were slaves and then there were some overseers who were the guards. Now I'm wondering if we'll see something like that with DearS. It could be that they may be pre-programmed to accept their slavery so even if they have overseers they don't dislike them.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 20:05   Link #106
Kiro
chocolate overdose
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Germany/Berlin
Age: 31
Quote:
But the thing here is that they were "censored" by the creators/writers, if they want to created an anime series with there own "self-censorship" im all for it, after all they were designed and planned for that.
Girls BRAVO clearly was NOT originally created with those censored scenes, when the very creators/animators tell you there work has been altered, no matter how much you argue, that is not right, It not what they want you to watch.
frankly, i don't give a damn about it. girls bravo didn't just lose all of it's appeal, just because you can't see the boobs. the jokes are still funny and seeing boobs or not doesn't change that for me. as i said before, i wouldn't mind at all, if they didn't put the mist over some scenes and i were to see full nuditiy, but again: I DONT CARE EITHER WAY. i'm not that horny. girls bravo doesn't stand or fall with it's boobs.
Quote:
And like i said, if your don't want to watch nudity and sexual overtone reference/jokes DON'T WATCH A ECCHI COMEDY. Go watch something different, there are plenty of great comedy anime series without ecchi. But hey i don't want to force you to not watch good anime, as long as we are able to watch ecchi anime as it's suppose to be, with all the good-ecchi stuff in it, you can always then get a "tamer" version of it, with all the "offensive" stuff censored up until the only peice of nudity is the face.
the one, who is restricting himself is YOU. i am watching and enjoying BOTH series (kinda, since both series don't reinvent the comedy genre), while YOU restrict yourself to only DearS (where there is no real nudity, because the creators choose so) while not watching Girls Bravo (where there is no real nudity because the broadcaster chose so). and please stop telling me, what to watch and what not, i think i know best, what i find enjoyable and what i don't. on the other hand, i think that your narrowminded view on minor censorship that is used in girls bravo prevents you from watching this promising series. bad for you ... well .... i don't really care.

Quote:
Hell i don't give a crap, you can watch it dubbed, cut and splited with a American sitcom.
As long as i can watch the ecchi anime the way they were meant to be im content.
wtf are you talking about? please stop talking nonsense. this discussion is not about dubbing or putting artificial laughter into a series. go download girls bravo again and see, if it is dubbed. no? thought so. yeah, i don't like dubs too, because most of them suck but what does that have to do with mist, that covers boobs? nothing.

about that one scene, that EVEN YOU FAILED TO NOTICE that it was missing. good for you that someone found out this terrible secret and now everyone knows! did girls bravo suddenly become bad, after you rewatched the first episode, because this time you new, there was one scene missing? it's like seeing aliens (alien 2) and later being informed, that there is a directors cut. now suddenly the oridignal aliens-movie is terrible, because there are some scenes missing? that logic doesn't get to me.

YES, it may have been cooler, if they didn't cut that one scene and we all shed a tear for missing that one joke and it will leave a hole in our hearts that will never be filled. it just doesn't turn girls bravo into one bad anime trip that noone shall ever see and enjoy because there are no "funny boobs" in it anymore and there is a deleted scene.

even DearS is censored in its own way. yes, the creators chose so, but how does this make it any different? we're talking about friggin boobs, not about some horror movie, where you don't know what the hell just happened, because it is so badly cut, that you don't see anyone dying while the crew gets smaller and smaller. i don't say that i am a fan of censorship. i just don't feel like complaining, if i am confronted with it.

over and out, kiro.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 20:30   Link #107
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Yea. I'm thinking that they're genetically engineered to be slaves to their home planet. Now I'm not sure why they were travelling all on the ship, perhaps there's multiple planets and the ship was heading to a 'slave market.'


It does have some similarities with Alien Nation, the vast majority of them were slaves and then there were some overseers who were the guards. Now I'm wondering if we'll see something like that with DearS. It could be that they may be pre-programmed to accept their slavery so even if they have overseers they don't dislike them.

Well i think that is true too, they could be either a geneticially and specificaly engineered as some sort of "slave" spieces to either a similiar master" race or they could be a entirely different type.

And the reason the group looking for Ren is that they don't want earthling to know that they go though a "imprinting" stage when they come out of "storage" or maybe "cyrogenic"?

I mean there must be some "superior" slave "stock" that was designated as a "controller" or something, and perhaps they were awake during the voyage and took command and kept made sure they were intergrated into earth society and granted the right of full citzenship, equal in all but abilities and technology.
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 20:38   Link #108
Lance
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
It does have some similarities with Alien Nation, the vast majority of them were slaves and then there were some overseers who were the guards. Now I'm wondering if we'll see something like that with DearS. It could be that they may be pre-programmed to accept their slavery so even if they have overseers they don't dislike them.
Ah I see the similarities. It's possible that DearS has one of its roots in Alien Nation. They put the nice-looking alien girls with huge breasts instead of the alien guys who have bald, spotted heads with no ears.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 20:45   Link #109
FlyByNite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Ah I see the similarities. It's possible that DearS has one of its roots in Alien Nation. They put the nice-looking alien girls with huge breasts instead of the alien guys who have bald, spotted heads with no ears.
For sure. If the Alien Nation aliens were this cute there wouldn't have been any prejudice against them. They would have needed a police force to keep horny guys away from the crashed mothership

I'm guessing the DearS aren't burned by salt-water like it's acid (like Alien Nation aliens) because then there couldn't be a beach episode
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 21:00   Link #110
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO


Ok,

Kiro, I just stated you can watch it whatever you likem as long as you let others watch it the way they like, and you still argued with me.

So frankly it seems like we both don't really understand each other, so lets just stop as we are probably too stubborn to give way,

But I'm really tempted because when you said: " the one, who is restricting himself is YOU." really pissed me off.

Because i'm a avid hentai fan, i can watch EVERY SINGLE TYPE OF HENTAI and i will not find any of it offensive, or horrible to watch i can watch them all, in fact i can watch about anything except those that have be defiled by the cut and paste against a animators/creators true image. I just like having complete series, once i watch one, i have to complete it, and since im going to complete it...i might as well watch it all. I like to think of myself as a true puritan anime otaku.
(I blame Robotech for it, if it wasn't so bad, i wouldn't of discovered the "PURE" and "Superior" Macross series, may Robotech burn in HELL)


So when you said im not "watching" Girls BRAVO censored episodes was a low blow, and you know that.

I won't say what im thinking now, only that as long as the original, "true" anime, untainted, pure, the way it was intend can be watched freely as it was intended is, IT'S a great thing. and can satisfy those "pure" Otaku's and can be set up to satisfy another type of Anime fan.
And that those who can enjoy and tolerate things can always step down a notch, while those who can't tolerate stuff, can rarely step up.

...............

As for DearS, it's great, i like it. It does remind me of Chobits, but Ren seems...i dunno.....Chi really seem distant at times nad though Chi was was cute, oh god, en's one is BETTAR!!!!

What i want to know, how many ship did lan..er crash? First episode one of the characters mentioned that several of these ships landed all over the world, so how many did "land"? Maybe it wasn't really an "accident"?
mmmm......im not really expecting a Chobit like mysterious, technolog-babble, religous soul searching type of plot. I don't thin kit suits thise series, but i do hope it wil lbe a very funny one.

And now that it's mentioned, it does seem to me more in the "UFO Princess Valkurie" type of anime.
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 21:02   Link #111
Lazarus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro
please edit that post. abusive use of smileys makes you look uncool. (i mean it, people will not take you serious)

also i don't think, that censoring the nudity in girls bravo makes the series considerably worse, since i don't watch the show to see tits or other delicate parts of the human body. if i want to see those i can allways look for some doujinshis.
That's not the point. It might be his point, but it's not THE point.

Censoring is wrong. Plain and simple. If they wanted the show like that, then they should have found or commissioned a show like that in the first place.

One might look at DearS and think "The artist is self-censoring", but that's a misnomer. There is no such thing as self-censoring. An artist designs a show to appear a certain way, to sound a certain way, to be presented a certain way, the way they intend in order to tell the story the way they want it told.

In DearS, what may look like "self-censoring" is just part of the story design. No more, no less.

In Girls BRAVO, what looks like broadcaster censoring is indeed censoring, and regardless of whether it is to cover up naughty bits, or excise an unpopular political idea, the result is the same. The artist's intent has been irrevocably harmed.

Should the censoring bother you because you can no longer see naughty bits? NO. Should it bother you because the artist's intent, the story he wants to tell, can no longer be told. YES.

It doesn't matter whether we're talking about Ecchi anime, wartime news broadcasts, or revisionist history in textbooks. Censoring is censoring is censoring, and whether or not you still watch G-BRAVO, the censoring should bother you.

I still watch G-Bravo, but I sent an e-mail of protest to the source of the censoring.
__________________
Lazarus
------------------- --------------------
There is always "Time Enough for Love".

Last edited by Lazarus; 2004-07-22 at 21:37.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 21:20   Link #112
FlyByNite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO

(I blame Robotech for it, if it wasn't so bad, i wouldn't of discovered the "PURE" and "Superior" Macross series, may Robotech burn in HELL)
I am so close to going on a rant about this statement. I'll just skip it and say this. Whether or not you hate what Robotech did to Macross it introduced A LOAD of young kids to Anime and instilled an interest in the genre.

I know it did for me.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 00:36   Link #113
Anime-FAN
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I am totally agree with Onizuka-GTO
If u don't like Ecchiness! DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT !!!!

Simple as that. Whining about anime being eechi that makes u so stupid.
Anime-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 02:15   Link #114
Marine-RX179
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
If you don't like DearS, ignore this post. But for those that do, here's a Huge pic of Dears (1036x1300) which was used for the Manga cover:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/chikage01/DearS.jpg

Last edited by Marine-RX179; 2004-07-23 at 08:21.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 04:37   Link #115
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
What i want to know, how many ship did lan..er crash? First episode one of the characters mentioned that several of these ships landed all over the world, so how many did "land"? Maybe it wasn't really an "accident"?
mmmm......im not really expecting a Chobit like mysterious, technolog-babble, religous soul searching type of plot. I don't thin kit suits thise series, but i do hope it wil lbe a very funny one.
I thought one the characters (the landlord's daughter) mentoined that one ship landed due to engine problems they couldn't fix, and that there were 150 DearS on board.
__________________

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 04:42   Link #116
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
If you don't like DearS, ignore this post. But for those that do, here's a huge pic of DearS (1036x1300) which was used for the Manga cover:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/chikage01/DearS.jpg

MARINE YOU RULE!!!

Woohooo!!

I gotta admit, Ren's one foxy number!! You can't really compare her to Chi, but for the other one....mmm.... shes hot toooooo!

i can't wait to see them together!!! hehehehhe YURI ACTION!!!

(Yuri = Lesbian)

muwahahahahahhehehehe

P.S: FlyByNite, Robotech is for the Anti-Christ, it did just as much harm as good.
May all you Radical and unenlightened followers of the tainted one be consumed by the holy lawsuit of the pure Macross faith! Muwahaahahahahahahahahheheehehhweeheeeheh
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 04:59   Link #117
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Hmm....this is one anime that catches my attention with only one word... "Slaves" As i recalled, there's Maid, servant and etc. in anime but this is the first time they uses the therme "Slaves" not to mention the thing DearS wear arond their neck looks seducing.

Well, so far so good to my observation. Nothing to complain about, cute girls... some ecchiness, funny loser looking hero, funny and meaningless plot like the "Secret Headmaster Garden", that's a show for a guy alright....

Either way, i do agree that we shouldn't watch that anime if we considered that anime to be too exposed or ecchi. I don't think guys should even complain about it, well for the girls.... maybe you should try other series than this one... unless you don't mind those ecchiness (As i know, mostly girls don't like Ecchi in the anime)

DearS is really interesting in a way like the previous comedy anime "Midori no Hibi". The story is ridiculus and sounds stupid and impossible, but it does put a large smile or even laughter on a person which that's what i care the most.

P\S: "Ren Ren Ren Nagusaran Renshia Roroonren Nakora" incase you think her name is too long... try reading Malaysia History and check out the Majesty "Yang Dipertuan Agong" name. You'll be in fright.....
__________________

I'm Chinese and love to speak a Chinese's Slang...
Hope you get the point in my message... >_<
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 06:32   Link #118
Kiro
chocolate overdose
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Germany/Berlin
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-FAN
I am totally agree with Onizuka-GTO
If u don't like Ecchiness! DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT !!!!

Simple as that. Whining about anime being eechi that makes u so stupid.
ok, while others are trying to conversate with me on a normal level, this one is just plain stupid. i explained serveral times, that i don't mind echi stuff. can you ban someone for being an idiot like him?

now to the real business:

@lazarus:
Quote:
Should the censoring bother you because you can no longer see naughty bits? NO. Should it bother you because the artist's intent, the story he wants to tell, can no longer be told. YES.

It doesn't matter whether we're talking about Ecchi anime, wartime news broadcasts, or revisionist history in textbooks. Censoring is censoring is censoring, and whether or not you still watch G-BRAVO, the censoring should bother you.
both answers "NO" for me. sorry. it just doesnt bother me. the "artistic intent" of showing boobs was censored .... so what? the earth still moves, girls bravo is still fun to watch and if i were to be bothered something, than certainly not by this. it's just ridiculous. there are so many bad things going on in the world and the one thing that should bother me is the censorship of boobs? i would have to cry a river day in day out, if events as minor as this really bothered me.

whether or not censoring is wrong, is not the question here. i know it's wrong. it is important here what got censored and what did get lost in the process. and what was censored? some sexual content in a mediocre ecchi series. the fact that "just boob" got censored does not make the censoring of it any less wrong but it makes me care less about it, because it's really just that: boobs.


@onizuka:
Quote:
Kiro, I just stated you can watch it whatever you likem as long as you let others watch it the way they like, and you still argued with me.
oh, sorry that i argued with you. we shouldn't argue on a message board but just hug each other all day long with silly smileys. welcome to reality?
Quote:
So frankly it seems like we both don't really understand each other, so lets just stop as we are probably too stubborn to give way.
ah, that's so cheap. if you don't want to argue anymore then why do you continue arguing after these lines?

Quote:
But I'm really tempted because when you said: " the one, who is restricting himself is YOU." really pissed me off....
*snip*
...So when you said im not "watching" Girls BRAVO censored episodes was a low blow, and you know that.
i don't really understand what you're so upset about. do you watch girls bravo? (i really don't know) yes or no? if not, then .... well ... you restricted yourself by not watching it because it is censored, which would mean that my statement is true. if you DO still watch it, then you're a strange person because you said (more or less), girls bravo is, as it is broadcasted right now, not enjoyable to watch for you. (it's "unpure* - sorry, now i had to laugh ) but even if you still watch it, because everytime you see that mist (i'm relativley sure with this) you'll be pissed a little. because you let it bother you that there is mist covering boobs, you're decreasing your ability to enjoy this series. in other words: you're restricting yourself.

Quote:
I won't say what im thinking now, only that as long as the original, "true" anime, untainted, pure, the way it was intend can be watched freely as it was intended is, IT'S a great thing. and can satisfy those "pure" Otaku's and can be set up to satisfy another type of Anime fan.
you could have said it shorter: "i want to see boobs!" >_< no really, now you're really taking it a bit too serious, throwing around words like "pure otakus", "untained", "true anime", allthough we're just talking about boobs.

Quote:
And that those who can enjoy and tolerate things can always step down a notch, while those who can't tolerate stuff, can rarely step up.
i don't know what you want to express with this line, but as i see it, i can "enjoy and tolerate" girls bravo, despite it being censored while you don't seem to want to tolerate it or the censoship of it.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 08:58   Link #119
Anime-FAN
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Did I point out who? or say who was it?
NO

Now to my conclusion, u r really stupid for saying me that I should be ban. Cause all I just said was "IF U DONT LIKE, DONT FUCKING WATCH IT".
Anime-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 10:11   Link #120
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
The ending reminds me of Happy Lesson's ending.
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, ecchi, peach-pit, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.