AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-02-03, 12:01   Link #1
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
One Piece - Chapter 815 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.


First spoiler pic is out, and it already has quite the interesting info! Credit goes to various AP members (Redon, Sandman, etc.) for the info:


-Chapter title is something like "Take me, too". Ministory features Vivi and Carue at Alabasta.

-According to Pekoms, the Vinsmoke family are the leaders of an organization known as Germa 66 (or perhaps it's "Jerma"?), also known as the "war house". Nami has heard of this group before, referring to them as the "evil army", but she previously thought they were a myth. Pekoms assures her that the group does exist, and the top pillar of the organization, as well as the Vinsmoke family, is Sanji's father. But of course Luffy, being Luffy, doesn't care at all about Sanji's complicated background....

-While the rubber man doesn't mind Sanji getting married, he's still not fond of the idea of being Big Mom's subordinate. In fact, he feels SHE should be the one working for HIM. Naturally, Luffy's words shock Pekoms. He warns them that those who reject an invitation to Big Mom's parties gets a special delivery sent to them..... decapitated heads. If Sanji had refused, not only would have he received his companions' heads, but also the heads of all those from Baratie and even the Kamabakka kingdom! Luffy is particularly surprised that Big Mom's people knew about Kamabakka. Thus, in the end, Luffy decides to meet the empress herself with Pekoms' help.

-Meanwhile, it looks like we're introduced to the rest of the Heart pirates, which consists of 20 members. Later, Franky and Robin both decide to prevent Kinemon and Kanjurou from entering the country, so as to not cause an uproar. But when the two samurai finally reach the island, both Straw-Hats are already asleep. And unfortunately, the monkey mink (whose name is apparently something like Barlete) already figured out the identities of Kinemon and Kanjurou....




-Also, while technically not part of the spoiler, I think this warrants a mention: According to AP's Sandman, Oda mentioned back in the second Color Walk book that North Blue has been in war for 40 years, which could be connected to Germa 66:

Quote:
Spoiler:
^Man, it would be insane if Oda truly planned Sanji's background THAT far back....

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-02-04 at 13:57.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 17:07   Link #2
ashofaphoenix
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
To be honest he probably did plan it from back then. One piece is the best long running shonen partially because oda pays attention to details. If you watch closely a lot of the first 100 chapters of one piece foreshadow the next five hundred. Jimbei is mentioned in the arlong arc.

The thing I've noticed is that the arcs are beginning to run together and aren't resolved. I don't think the arx here are as distinct as the arlong arc and water seven. The last two arxs have basically been left with important outcomes unresolved. Which just indicates something really big is going to happen soon.
ashofaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 20:29   Link #3
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
I wonder if there will be a meme to Germa 66 that mixes with Order 66?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 02:17   Link #4
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Updated the summary! Damn, no wonder Capone joined Big Mom..... she's straight-up mafia herself, all right!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 09:30   Link #5
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 24
Big Mom is pretty nasty

my mind would explode at this rate
They're in really bad term toward Kaidou... and now have some trouble with Big Mom
and we have Samurai problem as well

I don't know how Strawhat Crew would split up to deal with this.. I don't want them to split at all

How could Robin fall asleep?!?!?! it's really unlikely to happen.. She has lost her cool and badass composure after 2 years timeskip, eh
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 10:14   Link #6
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
LOL Two or three years of the crew being separated and finally reuniting only for them split up only this time Luffy going it alone. What's with Oda doing these types of arcs now? We haven't seen any one else in b group do jack for a while.

If Luffy does go solo wonder how they'll handle this? I'm surprised Oda's willing to take out Zoro and Law for a year or some thing.
__________________
Fullmetal Alchemest - Ed fan. Inazuma Eleven - Endou fan.
Marchen Awakens Romance - Ginta fan. KS Dadesico - Akito fan. Gintama - Gintoki. Yugioh Arc V - Yuya fan.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 11:36   Link #7
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 26
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Oh, I don't like this at all. If the Minks turn against the Strawhats and the Heart Pirates just because they are affiliated with samurai ... that'd be ridiculous. Sure, a samurai was the reason Jack wrecked Zou, but the fault lies entirelly with Jack, maybe Kaidou himself, and absolutely not with Kinemon or Kanjuro. To get mad about their presence would be incredibly childish and short-sighted.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 12:48   Link #8
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
So while Capone has a mafia motif going on, Big Mom is a hardcore example of a mafia boss.

I hope the Minks don't turn on the straw hats just because they have samurai with them.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 13:22   Link #9
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Y'know, brooke really should have just used his soul to float down to the sunny and tell the samurai to stay out... Its possible robin could have also done so aswell, unless theirs a range to how far she can bloom

One thing i'm wondering... Who did big Mom threaten to kill if Sanji didn't come to her tea party? See if she was really threatening someone from Sanji's old resturant, i think they would have just said so instead of simply whispering into sanji's ear. Oda doesn't want us to know who mama is threatening... I feel safe in thinking that there's some unknown person, someone new who we have not met, important to Sanji who is being threatened.

Also, since Pekoms said everyone who sails under Big Mom must have a bloodline tie, makes me kinda wonder if Capone has married one of Big Mom's daughter's aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashofaphoenix View Post
To be honest he probably did plan it from back then. One piece is the best long running shonen partially because oda pays attention to details. If you watch closely a lot of the first 100 chapters of one piece foreshadow the next five hundred. Jimbei is mentioned in the arlong arc.
.
Yes, but it is worth questioning because i do think there are some details i feel were NOT planned in advance, Like Haki and Sabo. There's either enough missing, or enough inconsistancies to make me question it... However in the case of Sanji there's just enough to make me fairly convinced that Oda did have something planned. I mean as Brooke pointed out, Sanji being from North Blue actually IS a rather Bizarre detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Oh, I don't like this at all. If the Minks turn against the Strawhats and the Heart Pirates just because they are affiliated with samurai ... that'd be ridiculous. Sure, a samurai was the reason Jack wrecked Zou, but the fault lies entirelly with Jack, maybe Kaidou himself, and absolutely not with Kinemon or Kanjuro. To get mad about their presence would be incredibly childish and short-sighted.
Its an emotional reaction based on their trauma. Basically as far as they are concerned the samurai are the whole reason Jack brought destruction to their country. If the Samurai never got involved in Zou the minks would have never sufferred. In a way, they would feel as though the samurai effectively dragged them into a completely unrelated conflict...
__________________

Last edited by Slayerx; 2016-02-04 at 13:48.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 13:49   Link #10
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 26
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Its an emotional reaction based on their trauma. Basically as far as they are concerned the samurai are the whole reason Jack brought destruction to their country. If the Samurai never got involved in Zou the minks would have never sufferred. In a way, they would feel as though the samurai effectively dragged them into a completely unrelated conflict...
I understand the reasoning behind it. But that doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly silly. Jack is the one they should be angry at, Kaidou's army, and nobody else, especially not random people that happen to be from the same country as Raizou. It's nonsense.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 14:07   Link #11
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Changed the opening summary slightly. So, turns out that Luffy wants to go rescue Sanji alone.... heh, forget the Enies Lobby comparison, this is practically Marineford 2.0 at this point!


As far as the minks' reaction to the samurai goes, while I think they might be upset upon their arrival, I think Luffy and co. can help smooth things over. After all, while a hidden Wano warrior might have been the reason for Jack's invasion, these guys are allies of their saviors! Maybe the two of them can even use their abilities to help the minks rebuild their country....



Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
One thing i'm wondering... Who did big Mom threaten to kill if Sanji didn't come to her tea party? See if she was really threatening someone from Sanji's old resturant, i think they would have just said so instead of simply whispering into sanji's ear. Oda doesn't want us to know who mama is threatening... I feel safe in thinking that there's some unknown person, someone new who we have not met, important to Sanji who is being threatened.

Well, while a new character certainly is possible, I still wouldn't dismiss the possibility of them threatening someone from the Baratie crew. I mean, Zeff DID save Sanji's life during those months of starvation, after all.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 14:17   Link #12
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
it will be cool during the final giant battle of OP against the marines, here comes the giant elephant island stomping through
__________________
khoa1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 14:18   Link #13
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Updated the summary! Damn, no wonder Capone joined Big Mom..... she's straight-up mafia herself, all right!
The name Big Mom was pretty indicative of that. She might as well be called the Godmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
One thing i'm wondering... Who did big Mom threaten to kill if Sanji didn't come to her tea party? See if she was really threatening someone from Sanji's old resturant, i think they would have just said so instead of simply whispering into sanji's ear. Oda doesn't want us to know who mama is threatening... I feel safe in thinking that there's some unknown person, someone new who we have not met, important to Sanji who is being threatened.
I'd guess either a new character or Viola. Viola would up the stakes if Sanji is forced to marry someone he hates while the woman he loves is threatened. Then the happy ending would be Sanji marrying Viola and her becoming a Strawhat of course
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 14:24   Link #14
game2007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Y'know, brooke really should have just used his soul to float down to the sunny and tell the samurai to stay out... Its possible robin could have also done so aswell, unless theirs a range to how far she can bloom
There's a limit to how far Buggy can separate from his body before he loses control of any part that isn't the head, so the same should apply to Robin and Brook.
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 14:36   Link #15
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
BTW, there's still a part of me that feels that the current situation could potentially lead to a war between two emperors. I mean, Pekoms was already pissed that Jack attacked his homeland, and BOTH of their crews needed Caesar for specific purposes, so..... would this not be warrant retribution from both sides? Plus, this could be a huge advantage for Luffy's alliance since a war between Kaidou and Big Mom would inevitably lead to both their forces being weakened as a result of the conflict (and if Big Mama is still an enemy after this whole wedding business blows over, then all the better, right? ). So as serious as the current situation is, this could easily be a blessing in disguise for Luffy and co. if they play their cards right....

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-02-04 at 15:08.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 14:36   Link #16
J4n1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Yes, but it is worth questioning because i do think there are some details i feel were NOT planned in advance, Like Haki and Sabo. There's either enough missing, or enough inconsistancies to make me question it... However in the case of Sanji there's just enough to make me fairly convinced that Oda did have something planned. I mean as Brooke pointed out, Sanji being from North Blue actually IS a rather Bizarre detail
Haki was foreshadowed in Skypeia arc, and is not really all that out of place with everything else anyway (and Logia fruits did need a hard counter).
Agree with Sabo though, that seemed to come out of nowhere (atleast to me).
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 14:56   Link #17
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Plus, this be a huge advantage for Luffy's alliance....
I think the pirates are rubbing off on you
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 15:09   Link #18
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
^Well, that was just a typo, but it is amusing to think of it that way, heh.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 15:09   Link #19
Gilly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Vivi on the cover.

Vivi...
VI VI...
6 6...
Germa 66 confirmed.
Gilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 15:31   Link #20
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Speaking of Germa 66, the speedy translations keep calling the Vinsmokes "assassins" (when it should really just be "murderers"), but.... honestly, them being the head of some underground army makes them sound more like mercenaries than anything. Like basically what Buggy's doing now, but on a much grander scale. If that's the case, then it kinda makes sense if a group like G66 would have enough power to influence the top powers of the world, because I'd imagine that they would be all too eager to utilize the services of an elite band of mercs....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.