AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-28, 00:10   Link #181
darkspy123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
My theory is that Gol D. Roger doesn't have any bounty until he goes to the grand line since he's "one of the first pirate" to reach the grand line, so Luffy still holds the record for best bounty in the East Blue.

Plus, *Roger turned himself in but why?, so maybe he didn't die yet... The D. from luffy's name may came from his dad Gol D. Roger which later disguised him self as Monkey D. Dragon* (not my idea)
darkspy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 03:21   Link #182
Barandax
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
The problem I am having lately is that Luffy just seems like he is not advancing at all strength wise. After getting beat down and seperated by Kuma I was expecting some type of power up like when he was defeated by Lucci and invented Gear 2nd and 3rd so he could protect his crew. I figured that not being able to save anybody would have galvanized him into learning/developing something new but that just does not seem to be the case so far.

We have come 50+ chapters since the Sabody Archipelago and Luffy seems pretty much the same as when he and the other Straw Hats got sent flying. I know Black Beard and Smoker commented that Luffy was stronger but they had not seen Luffy since way back in East Blue so that is pretty much a given.

I do not want Luffy to get some insta, Super Saiyan power up but I was hoping he would have shown some noticeable improvement in the time that has passed. Magellen killed him pretty much, he has lost 10 years of his life, he is on a hormone drug right now to remain concious, Smoker beat him and he cannot do anything to the Admirals. I dont know maybe I am just hoping/expecting to much from Luffy right now given the current situation :P
Barandax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 04:45   Link #183
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barandax View Post
The problem I am having lately is that Luffy just seems like he is not advancing at all strength wise. After getting beat down and seperated by Kuma I was expecting some type of power up like when he was defeated by Lucci and invented Gear 2nd and 3rd so he could protect his crew. I figured that not being able to save anybody would have galvanized him into learning/developing something new but that just does not seem to be the case so far.

We have come 50+ chapters since the Sabody Archipelago and Luffy seems pretty much the same as when he and the other Straw Hats got sent flying. I know Black Beard and Smoker commented that Luffy was stronger but they had not seen Luffy since way back in East Blue so that is pretty much a given.

I do not want Luffy to get some insta, Super Saiyan power up but I was hoping he would have shown some noticeable improvement in the time that has passed. Magellen killed him pretty much, he has lost 10 years of his life, he is on a hormone drug right now to remain concious, Smoker beat him and he cannot do anything to the Admirals. I dont know maybe I am just hoping/expecting to much from Luffy right now given the current situation :P
King's Dispositon Haki.

There's your improvement.~

Though Luffy has no idea he has it or how to even use it of course.
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 07:44   Link #184
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
What do you guys think about Luffy learning a secondary fighting style??
Being as though we see that Haoushoku Haki isn't the quick fix to everything.

For example, even with Haoushoku Haki, if Luffy fights Akainu... he'll still melt if he touches him barehanded, even if the punch manages to hurt Akainu. And Haoushoku Haki isn't going to stop him being poisoned if he Megallen again either. Haki makes it possible to hurt Devil Fruit users, but it doesn't cancels out or nullify their ability, just makes it possible to hurt them.

Like we've seen, Whitebeard's Haoushoku Haki and his powerful Gura Gura fruit would be useless against Kizaru who is Light. Which is the only time we Whitebeard attack Kizaru is with his Bisento, other that, Marco (a Haki-user) is the only one to fight Kizaru throughout the War because of their respective ability. I can go on and on giving more detailed examples of why I think Luffy will need a weapon/secondary fighting style. But I'll just wait and see what you guys think.
__________________



'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 21:38   Link #185
longnose-kun
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sniper Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
What do you guys think about Luffy learning a secondary fighting style??
Being as though we see that Haoushoku Haki isn't the quick fix to everything.

For example, even with Haoushoku Haki, if Luffy fights Akainu... he'll still melt if he touches him barehanded, even if the punch manages to hurt Akainu. And Haoushoku Haki isn't going to stop him being poisoned if he Megallen again either. Haki makes it possible to hurt Devil Fruit users, but it doesn't cancels out or nullify their ability, just makes it possible to hurt them.

Like we've seen, Whitebeard's Haoushoku Haki and his powerful Gura Gura fruit would be useless against Kizaru who is Light. Which is the only time we Whitebeard attack Kizaru is with his Bisento, other that, Marco (a Haki-user) is the only one to fight Kizaru throughout the War because of their respective ability. I can go on and on giving more detailed examples of why I think Luffy will need a weapon/secondary fighting style. But I'll just wait and see what you guys think.
You make a good point. I have always had a feeling that those with D. will be able to have powers seperate from haki and devil fruits, the powers of the void century. With Roger able to hear the voice of all things, the special properties of Teach's body and how he can have two devil fruits.

Another senario does involve haki. Luffy, with his haki will alter the abilities of the fruit allowing him to create rubber like objects. he could then throw said objects infused with haki, like the Amazon bow's.
longnose-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:48   Link #186
portogas d ace
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
haki

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
^ Well I can think of a few ideas on how to handle Aokigi, but the true conundrum so far is Smoker. How does one solidify smoke so as to actually connect and make any amount of damage on him, other than surrounding him with seastone?

I guess Aokiji could be called Smoker's Natural ennemy in that freezing the smoke would be the only realistic possibility of those we have seen. For instance, Enel would not likely have any effect on Smoker, and Ace's fire punch would also likely do little to nothing.
to deal with smoker luffy needs to perfect his haki because users of haki can hit logia type users
portogas d ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 12:18   Link #187
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
well, WB and Shanks have shown us that having good weapons and knowing how to use em, can be very useful against Akainu - i.e. not having to touch magma .. and they can be enchanted with haki nicely too

but I like this :
Quote:
those with D. will be able to have powers seperate from haki and devil fruits, the powers of the void century. With Roger able to hear the voice of all things, the special properties of Teach's body and how he can have two devil fruits.
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 09:32   Link #188
Netevolution
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I like Luffy as a charecter very much, but i feel that...well, shanks lost hes right arm defending Luffy. I think that went a bit too far. Now he can basicly never be the pirate king. It just feels bad, that Luffy kind of becomes the pirate king in Shanks place, and if Luffy had just kept hes mouth shut in that tavern, everything would still be ok, but ofcourse he didnt since he was a 7-year old spoilet little brat. I dont think Luffy to this day fully understands just what he did, and what were the consequences of hes actions
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 11:58   Link #189
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Shanks wields that sword with one hand nicely, I don't think he's weakened

and the Red-hair pirates are more interested in drinking their heads off and stopping pointless bloodshed then finding One Piece
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 12:15   Link #190
hero147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Shanks has no intention of finding One Piece. He should already know where and what One Piece is exactly. Plus, I think Shanks would feel uncomfortable digging up the treasure of his former captain. He just wants to live like a pirate and die a pirate.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 13:09   Link #191
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
He should already know where and what One Piece is exactly.
hmm, were he & Buggy on Rogers last adventure to Raftel ?

I assume he was, but Buggy had already left Rogers crew by then ?


but yeah - those who were with Roger to Raftel shouldn't go for OP now
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 17:05   Link #192
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
hmm, were he & Buggy on Rogers last adventure to Raftel ?

I assume he was, but Buggy had already left Rogers crew by then ?

but yeah - those who were with Roger to Raftel shouldn't go for OP now
Buggy was planning to leave early, but that was derailed when he ate the Devil Fruit. By all accounts, Shanks and Buggy only formed new crews after Roger disbanded his crew. Buggy is likely too scared to go for One Piece, and Shanks wouldn't.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 17:26   Link #193
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I am having a REALLY hard time imagining that BUGGY has been to Raftel and knows what OP is .... just, in ALL of OP-verse, Rayleigh, Shanks and BUGGY ... Buggy ....

I always thought he left shortly after eating the fruit, because it made him stronger (somewhat)
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 22:00   Link #194
Kuroyuki
Obscure Unknown
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada, I think...
In manga chapter 434, Shanks mentioned to Whitebeard that he only parted ways with Buggy after Rogers execution. [not sure if this would be a spoiler by this point, once got penalized for it.]

-K
__________________

Last edited by Kuroyuki; 2010-04-17 at 22:00. Reason: spelling error
Kuroyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 21:27   Link #195
Netevolution
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I think Blackbeared and Luffy will end up fighting side by side in the "New World" I know Blackbeared is "evil" and practicly speaking killed Ace, but he and Luffy have a "special bond" It was always meant this way. If not for this, he would have probobly endet up killing shanks along the road. I think they will be teaming up against the "great nightmare" that Moria mentions exists in the New World. Heres some idea of what the "eternal Nightmare" could in reality mean;

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...?t=6218&page=8
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 21:36   Link #196
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
You're taking Moira's comment too literally. Moira was talking about Kaidou killing off his crew. Blackbeard is an enemy of Luffy, and it will likely remain that way for a very long time.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 13:54   Link #197
Kaizokugami
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Over there >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner View Post
Luffy didnt have 2nd gear last time he fought Akoji, The heat from his body could melt the ice or make it take longer for the ice to take effect!

This is one of the few ways i could see luffy beating Him!
I doubt that. The only thing he does is increase his blood flow with large amounts of adrenaline while in gear 2nd. While it does make his sweat vaporize and turn into steam, I don't think it would be very effective against Aokiji. If it was, he could have done so during the Marineford arc. That and we're talking about a logia fruit and an experienced admiral here, I'm sure Aokiji would find ways around it even if it DID work.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 07:04   Link #198
Netevolution
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Luffy most likely is incarnation of Gold Roger himself! He wanted to incarnate back to earth close to hes own son Ace. Hower the question is, had he ever met Blackbeared in another life? Roger most likely was a frequient Haki User, who wanted to play "physical" And thats what Luffy does...he plays physical Guess the Haki too is somehow connected to how he uses hes Gomu Gomu no powers. Hower Blackbeareds Haki will also grow along the away, and he is even more crazier then Luffy It's possible that ever Roger noticed it during hes voyages.


There obviously is no such thing as "One Piece" Hower knowing how traditional anime goes, Luffy and Blackbeared will eventually end teaming up battling even a much more impressive foe. Both are eternal dreamers, tough Luffy is pretty much still at the mental state of a little child, and Blackbeared...well him too, but hes just an EVIL CHILD


Perhaps they will be fighting against of the other "Four Emperors" or the "Eternal Nightmare" itself!

Last edited by Netevolution; 2010-04-22 at 09:48.
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 09:36   Link #199
Kaizokugami
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Over there >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netevolution View Post
Luffy most likely is incarnation of Gold Roger himself! He wanted to incarnate back to earth close to hes own son Ace. Hower the question is, had he ever met Blackbeared in another life? Roger most likely was a frequient Haki User, who wanted to play "physical" And thats what Luffy does...he plays physical Guess the Haki too is somehow connected to how he uses hes Gomu Gomu no powers. Hower Blackbeareds Haki will also grow along the away, and he is even more crazier then Luffy It's possible that ever Roger noticed it during hes voyages.


There orbivesly is no such thing as "One Piece" Hower knowing how traditional anime goes, Luffy and Blackbeared will eventually end teaming up battling even a much more impressive foe. Both are eternal dreamers, tough Luffy is pretty much still at the mental state of a little child, and Blackbeared...well hem too, but hes just an EVIL CHILD


Perhaps they will be fighting against of the other "Four Emperors" or the "Eternal Nightmare" itself!
You're speaking as if those are facts, which they're not. It's just your own speculation.

And I think your speculation about Roger/Luffy is a little farfetched. I'm not saying it's not possible, just farfetched.

I have to disagree about the "no such thing as One Piece" part. I actually have a pretty good idea of what One Piece really is, but I'm keeping that to myself . And I doubt Roger would lie about something like that seconds before he was executed. He was a good guy, even though the world deemed him evil.

I highly doubt Luffy would team up with Blackbeard.
Spoiler:
But I think the chances of that are low, very low. But it would be pretty cool.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 09:52   Link #200
Netevolution
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
And I doubt Roger would lie about something like that seconds before he was executed

Gold Roger says he left it all in "One Piece" or "that place" depending on the translation. Friendship and Adventure! What Luffy values the most in the world! That is "One Piece"


And yes" Technicly Blackbeared killed Ace, since he handet him over to the marines knowing very well he would be executed. Blackbeared in general is a murderer, but in my book that does technicly not make him "evil" He kils for a cause. Hes simply willing to take the "Adventure" a little bit furder then Roger ever would. To literally KILL for hes dreams! If pushed to the corner im pretty sure Luffy would do the same(basicly beat anyone to death if he would stand in the way of hes dreams)It's just that Oda has never pushed Luffy to that point since hes the "righteous hero"



P.S:In the episode 446 of the anime they actually came pretty close to that! If the "evil Blackbeared" hadn't showed up Luffy would have literally had no choice but to KILL Hannibal who stood between him and Ace! Im sure he would have done it with the fanatism he "took out" Lucci who was about to kill hes Namaka. So yes! I believe Luffy CAN kill, it's just that he has never been pushed to that point(Lucci survived, but it was a close call) Blackbeared has, and thats what makes him "evil"

Last edited by Netevolution; 2010-04-22 at 19:26.
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.