AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-08-14, 07:40   Link #221
FlyByNite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
If you are a true anime otaku wouldn't you be deleting DearS when it's licensed?

FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 07:50   Link #222
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
You know even if you guys run out spit ranting about the censorship in here, it won't change a thing, because Fuji TV probably doesn't read this board. Instead you should try mailing them and complain directly. I think that would actually bring more attention. ^^
__________________
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 07:58   Link #223
FlyByNite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
You know even if you guys run out spit ranting about the censorship in here, it won't change a thing, because Fuji TV probably doesn't read this board. Instead you should try mailing them and complain directly. I think that would actually bring more attention. ^^
Heh, I'd like to read that letter
"Dear Fuji TV, I am very upset by the censorship you are currently performing to the anime show, GIRLS Bravo by placing in silly looking fog or darkening the screen during moments of nudity. Please cease your censorship of this anime so I can go back to downloading the fansubbed version of the episodes ripped from your tv station with the commercials that fund your tv station removed from them.

Thank You.
"

FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 08:02   Link #224
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Heh, I'd like to read that letter
"Dear Fuji TV, I am very upset by the censorship you are currently performing to the anime show, GIRLS Bravo by placing in silly looking fog or darkening the screen during moments of nudity. Please cease your censorship of this anime so I can go back to downloading the fansubbed version of the episodes ripped from your tv station with the commercials that fund your tv station removed from them.

Thank You.
"

Lol exactly my point, do you think they would actually bother to come and read our posts here? ^^
__________________
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 08:36   Link #225
Itlandm
Porcupine
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Norway
Age: 55
It seems pretty obvious that this anime was developed for a different channel or timeslot than it got, so there have been last minute attempts to make it more "family friendly". There is really nothing we can do about that at the current time. As I've said, it doesn't change the humor, which is why I watch. But it is certainly not subtle, tasteful or clever. It seems like a panic censorship ... "Oh no! This will air tomorrow and we haven't done anything about those teen-rated scenes!"
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 08:54   Link #226
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
okay I have tried to "lighten" those darkened parts of ep3, and personally I don't find anything that bad... I mean, they even have the FOG!!!! So they put the fog, then darken the whole screen! double security?

Spoiler for lightened darkened scenes:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 09:56   Link #227
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
okay I have tried to "lighten" those darkened parts of ep3, and personally I don't find anything that bad... I mean, they even have the FOG!!!! So they put the fog, then darken the whole screen! double security?

Spoiler for lightened darkened scenes:
Err.... ^^" Yea~ Double security indeed....
I think the censorship is really spoiling the mood....
Well sending a normal letter.... i don't think it have high percentage to change anything...

If it were me... I'll send a different kind of letter call "Chain Letter" yes....a "Chain Letter" Muahahahaha....

Spoiler:


That work better i think....oh!! how about sending that letter along with:
Spoiler:


~_~" I need a break.... my mind is going off course....
__________________

I'm Chinese and love to speak a Chinese's Slang...
Hope you get the point in my message... >_<
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 10:21   Link #228
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Wow, those scenes made the whole show freakier than a horror movie. You know, it's dark and there's things you can't see too well... and there's a sinister femme approaching with a really bad intent.

Seriously, there guys should be remaking the Ring instead of censoring this show to no end.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 10:38   Link #229
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
watched ep4, I have to say that aside from the ridiculuous censorship, I really love this series... the comedy is just so crazy Poor Kirie... Risa and Kozame ROCKS
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 21:28   Link #230
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
If you are a true anime otaku wouldn't you be deleting DearS when it's licensed?

I don't think so, they were obtained when they were unlicenced., it makes more sense if they keep it, and not distrubute it, and also buy the official licenced series again. (just for the shiny special cover art, and the extra bits included!! woohoo!! EXTRA'S CHARACTER PRE-SKETCH DESIGN CONCEPTS/INTERVIEWS WITH THE ANIMATORS!!!!!!!)

I mean yes it's a hobby, and sure you can delete a series if you don't like it.

But for some, even having the animes that you don't like to watch yourself, they will keep. (Why? I dunno. I mean i know a number of Anime otaku, who only watched the first 5 episodes, then download the entire series, burn them off, and file them away and never even watched it to the end.)

It's never a profession, and serious anime otaku's don't treat it like that.
We do it because we love it.
Though i ALOT more zealous then most people, (anime banzai!)



Dammn i'm sad....oh well, you gotta sacrifice something for the stuff you love...
who needs a social life......(*sob*)

Back to the topic, *sniff*

We know Yukari not going to get any more rest, i wonder how many more girls are going to added on?

I mean with Maburaho, they kept it to a reasonable (Resonable?!) 4 girls...but who knows?

I personal say, more the better! (Harem banzai!)

__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 00:46   Link #231
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stuck Between Reality and Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO


I mean with Maburaho, they kept it to a reasonable (Resonable?!) 4 girls...but who knows?

I personal say, more the better! (Harem banzai!)

well, there should be about 4-5 more, but none that would really contribute to the plot that much (even fukuyama's sister is becoming little more than a side-plot device to add a little insanity to everything)
there definately won't be more girls than Negima but there won't be fewer than Love Hina (for those familiar with Negima you know that's a pretty blanket statement)
but i mean c'mon the title is "GIRLS BRAVO" of course there's going to be an overabundance of girls
__________________
An anime worth watching is an anime worth buying.
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 06:28   Link #232
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Heh. Mahou Sensei Negima, he has around 26 girls, but that's a pale in comparison to his father, the one with one thousand girls!!!!


Truly he is the grand pimp-masta!

When is M.S.N coming out in Anime format? End of this year?
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 09:51   Link #233
sparrow
spontaneous comedian
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Jakarta
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
actually it's 31 girl students, and let's add some pool for later expansion for... 5 more girls
that ought to hold the record for another year or two.

by the way, does Moore's Law work for number of girl cast in bishoujo series ? ^^;
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 03:55   Link #234
Itlandm
Porcupine
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Norway
Age: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow
by the way, does Moore's Law work for number of girl cast in bishoujo series ? ^^;
Yeah, every 18 months there are twice as many girls AND THEY MOVE TWICE AS FAST WHEEEEEEEEeeeeee....
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 04:52   Link #235
Kensuke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
When is M.S.N coming out in Anime format? End of this year?
Yes, Negima anime would be so cool, but is it even planned yet? I have heard anything about it, or did I missed something...

Well, I hope that Lunar gets the (hopefully) unedited DVD versio...

I also have changed my mind, at first I liked DearS more that Girls Bravo (two ecchi series started about the same time so of course I like to compare them), but now after five episodes of DearS and three of GB, I have begun to like GB more and more, I like the character desing and comedy is more close to my taste. But censorship is really annoying...
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 05:01   Link #236
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Yuun
I think DearS is better compare to Girls Bravo, actually Girls Bravo do have its good points and really funny at times... but maybe because the production is too slow and i'm running out of patience to wait.... both of them (GB & DearS) came out almost the same time but DearS already 5 episodes....

Maybe i should watch a couple of GB episodes to really determine the anime...



Aiyah~
Negi is still too young to have any girl friend like what Asuna has stress about.
Wonder why he so damn lucky... is it because he's a British?? Or is it because he's 10 years old?? Girls like little kids? ....guess girls DO like little kids....huh?


Btw, Negi father didn't have 1000 girls lah~ He was called a Thousand Master cause people thought he could uses 1000 spells but actually he can only use
Spoiler:

Me too.... Can't wait for Negima Anime to be release....
__________________

I'm Chinese and love to speak a Chinese's Slang...
Hope you get the point in my message... >_<
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 05:58   Link #237
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
I think DearS is better compare to Girls Bravo, actually Girls Bravo do have its good points and really funny at times... but maybe because the production is too slow and i'm running out of patience to wait.... both of them (GB & DearS) came out almost the same time but DearS already 5 episodes....
GB got it's broadcast shafted twice so DearS is at 6ep to GB's 4. It'll be worse with the Olympics [F TV notorious for sacrificing anime to sports].

One thing they didn't censor out was Kirie getting some really creepy attention from Riza's bodyguard It's scenes like these that summon the unholy and evil fanfic writer from me

Here's a spot of trivia: The character designer [Makino Ryuichi] for this show also did the work for Battle Programmer Shirase. Which is probably why I though the male lead here was a dead ringer for BPS's Misao
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 08:45   Link #238
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
GB got it's broadcast shafted twice so DearS is at 6ep to GB's 4. It'll be worse with the Olympics [F TV notorious for sacrificing anime to sports].

One thing they didn't censor out was Kirie getting some really creepy attention from Riza's bodyguard It's scenes like these that summon the unholy and evil fanfic writer from me

Here's a spot of trivia: The character designer [Makino Ryuichi] for this show also did the work for Battle Programmer Shirase. Which is probably why I though the male lead here was a dead ringer for BPS's Misao
yup, that Kozame (girl bodyguard) is really crazy so they have the same character designer as BPS? I guess that's why Kozame sometimes reminds me of the american girl in BPS
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 13:47   Link #239
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Netherlands
Age: 35
I just finished DL'ing Megami 2004/09 issue from a certain site, and this issue contains a few
screenshots of "what we've been missing" (a long with full frontal nude shots of the female crew):

Here is a page of it
Spoiler for EXPLICIT MATERIAL: this is the reason they censored it. You have been warned!:

About Negima anime: I've seen 5 minutes of it . Unfortunately the producer from XEBEC
wasn't sure yet if it was going to be an OVA or TV anime, which means they're still figuring
out the format they're going to release it in (assuming it will be made at all).
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 16:25   Link #240
Avaj
?!!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Stuck in a loop
Age: 34
Seing this censorship shows how much work CartoonNetwork puts into some of there edits. Not that I agree with any of it.
Avaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.