AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-16, 17:16   Link #241
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
I just finished DL'ing Megami 2004/09 issue from a certain site, and this issue contains a few
screenshots of "what we've been missing" (a long with full frontal nude shots of the female crew):

Here is a page of it
Spoiler for EXPLICIT MATERIAL: this is the reason they censored it. You have been warned!:

About Negima anime: I've seen 5 minutes of it . Unfortunately the producer from XEBEC
wasn't sure yet if it was going to be an OVA or TV anime, which means they're still figuring
out the format they're going to release it in (assuming it will be made at all).
well, the problem is not really in whether they censored it, but in how they censored it... I mean, GANTZ could have more scenes cut but still the censorship there feels somewhat better than this... ridiculous job at censoring... not to mention this is an anime set in midnight slot...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 02:19   Link #242
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Although I am against censorship in principle, I have to admit that I can gladly live without full frontal nudity. As others have mentioned, there's something to be said about leaving some things to the imagination of the viewer. (Especially given the image GHDpro posted... um... personally, I think she looks much cuter when she has her clothes on...) So, while I don't like imposed censorship, it would have suited me just fine if the original artists would have used a little bit more restraint (self-censorship, if you will)... but that's just my personal taste. I still say that it should be the artists' choice, though, and the TV networks should either "take it or leave it". (It has to make you wonder, as others have already mentioned... why did the TV channel choose to air the show, and at that time of the night, if they knew they were going to have to heavily edit it anyway? It's kind of strange...)

I agree with dreamless - the worse thing here is that the censorship is done badly - it severely interferes with the artistic integrity of the show. I'm sure this is a large reason why the second season will supposedly be airing on a different channel (reference); I imagine that the author and producers must be annoyed at seeing their work so badly edited.

All that being said, though, this show is still proving to be quite enjoyable so far. Then again, I'm not known to be terribly difficult to please.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 04:57   Link #243
Kensuke

Actually I like "self-censorship" too, like leaving details out. Bath episode of Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu comes to mind, strategically placed obstacles just added the hilarity of the scene.
But editing in GB is just wrong... even thought that picture shows that some scenes are pretty extreme...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I'm sure this is a large reason why the second season will supposedly be airing on a different channel (reference); I imagine that the author and producers must be annoyed at seeing their work so badly edited.
So two 12-episode series. But why they used Fuji in the first place or did they find out too late that Fuji would edit and even leave one episode unaired. The fact that second season air different channel would support that...

Also it seems that Lunar needs a new editor for their releases.
Quote from Lunar's site:
Quote:
As you’ve probably noticed, many releases have slowed down as of late. There is good reason for this, and if you read the link in the previous post, you’ll probably understand why.

Until new skilled editors step forward, releases will, sadly, continue to be on the slow side…

If you’re interested, join our #lunar-recruits channel on irc.rizon.net.

Note: Series effected most are Aishiteru ze Baby, Girls Bravo, Wind and Massugu ni Ikou.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 06:44   Link #244
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
they got new opening animation, and although there's some censoring, at least so far (6'28") it's still better than the previous episodes.
so... is episode 5 is in the second DVD box ?
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 06:49   Link #245
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Episode 5, ^^
Spoiler for ep 5:

Spoiler for screenshots ep 5:
Old 2004-08-17, 08:19   Link #246
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

lol, is there anything else other than eating in Miharu's mind?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 10:26   Link #247
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
that's the joke bonus page in the second manga, why Miharu stay with Yukinari ? because she just want to eat food at earth ^^;

Spoiler:
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 11:08   Link #248
Sakai
libro de mi padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
Here is a page of it
Spoiler for EXPLICIT MATERIAL: this is the reason they censored it. You have been warned!:
Oh my, my... I recall the line "おぬしも好きよのう"
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 13:44   Link #249
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Although this is a fanservice anime, I find the storyline is quite unique. I particulary like Miharu character design.

For your information:
There will be two seasons scheduled for this anime.
These seasons will be available in DVD in DVD-box system, unlike the usual 2 eps per DVD release.
First season -2 Boxes
Second seasond - 2 Boxes

The first season DVD box will be released on October 22nd. It will consist of episode 1-8 in 4 DVD discs There is a mini figurine included. The price is 24,990 yen.
So is it a marketing conspiracy to put fogs in the TV shows?
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 13:56   Link #250
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Gah I would hate to buy videos in Japan.
Roughly $250 (Very Rough) for the box set of 8 episodes?
$31.25 an EPISODE? OMG I would be so broke.

And here I'm waiting for the 10% off sale at Best Buy to pick up my next set of Discs.

Ok lets see that's 40min per disc (2 gigs), what in the heck do they fill the other 7 gigs with?
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 14:41   Link #251
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
So two 12-episode series. But why they used Fuji in the first place or did they find out too late that Fuji would edit and even leave one episode unaired. The fact that second season air different channel would support that...
Because FujiTV (and its affiliates in other parts of Japan) is a network TV channel that everyone gets... Unlike where the second season will be on (most likely satellite or UHF channels). So FujiTV can give the show more exposure than the others can and that's why. But since the TV broadcast is NEVER the main moneymaker for these kinds of anime (this show is airing at late nights after all), they didn't try very hard to cover up the censors...

The same happened to GANTZ, another anime which FujiTV chopped up. And in some ways that was done even worse than this show is since they took out entire scenes. And as expected the second season of that will be in a less chopped up format on AT-X starting next week. So I guess the same applies here.
Old 2004-08-17, 15:20   Link #252
mikeohara
Head Dude

Send a message via ICQ to mikeohara Send a message via AIM to mikeohara Send a message via MSN to mikeohara Send a message via Yahoo to mikeohara Send a message via Skype™ to mikeohara
from what I recall seeing on CD Japan ... the dvd-box 1 for girls bravo has episodes 1-8 along with various goodies.
mikeohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 17:59   Link #253
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Because FujiTV (and its affiliates in other parts of Japan) is a network TV channel that everyone gets... Unlike where the second season will be on (most likely satellite or UHF channels). So FujiTV can give the show more exposure than the others can and that's why.
Plus otakus have to buy the DVDs to see unedited episodes. I quess that, that's one way to make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbin
Roughly $250 (Very Rough) for the box set of 8 episodes?
$31.25 an EPISODE? OMG I would be so broke.
Well, there is a figurine included, like SleeplessHeart said, but still its very high price. About €200 (€25 per episode) for us europeans.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 18:24   Link #254
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow
that's the joke bonus page in the second manga, why Miharu stay with Yukinari ? because she just want to eat food at earth ^^;

Spoiler:
Lol. ^^
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-18, 16:59   Link #255
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
too much censory-ness.
and everything is fog-a-fied.
will an uncensored one come out? R2 dvds?
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 02:19   Link #256
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
too much censory-ness.
and everything is fog-a-fied.
will an uncensored one come out? R2 dvds?
the first R2 set is due out in October
and with luck, it'll be licensed soon (by this time next year hopefully)
Old 2004-08-21, 18:20   Link #257
Kiro
chocolate overdose

i defended (furiously) girls bravo in the dearS thread that the censoring doeesn't ruin the show (girls bravo). ok, now that i saw ep 3 and 4 i think i changed my mind. now it's just annoying. the mist in the bathroom was acceptable for me and it didn't make me not want to watch this show but now i think i'm going to reconsider and wait for the dvd-release. it's so badly done and most important, out of place (suddenly its dark; mist in really strange places) that it's too interupting.

on the other hand: why did the creators have to make this show so mega-ecchi? when i saw dearS i thought it was more "in your face"-ecchiness than girls bravo but after seeing 4 episodes of GB, that impression made a u-turn. i think, even without the censorship i would be annoyed by some scenes since i'm not a huge fan of humor, that revolves around boobs. while i think, that the censorship now really is on an inacceptable level and that those, who censored the show should be shot, i still think, that the creators should have restrained themselves more in terms of nudity and try to put more "real jokes" in this series.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 18:36   Link #258
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

At first I thought DearS was rampant with fanservice and Girls Bravo not, but after seeing that uncensored this, it's TOTALLY the other way around!! Wow!

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 00:08   Link #259
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

dunno about any of you, but after watching DearS, i'd say they're too different for comparison (Girls BRAVO is love hina-style insanity, DearS is Chobits-style)
however, imo, Girls BRAVO wins out for having a shred of originality (DearS borrows WAY too much from Chobits and Mahoromatic)
Old 2004-08-22, 01:38   Link #260
Arnyer
Ferratus

I kinda agree with Kiro. No doubt, there's a lot of censorship in the series, but there's also a ton of nudity in this series. Too much, really. There seems to be a least one frontal shot each episode. I can hardly imagine what the mandatory beach/hot springs episode will be like.

Like a lot of people in this thread (I think), I'm watching DearS as well as this. At first, I liked Girls Bravo better, mostly because by the end of DearS' ep 1
Spoiler:
I'm liking DearS better now. Less fanservice, a little more plot. I thought this last ep was the worst once
Spoiler:

Ep 4 started out as OK, turned out pretty bad I thought.
Arnyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, shounen