AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-07-10, 14:35   Link #61
Hayamaneko
cat boy?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: at your house, raiding your fridge
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
...thanks to all the censoring done to this show, it now looks like the main dude is spewing diarrhea out his nose rather then blood. Also the excessive fog made it hard to even tell where the characters where in those scenes. Good going Fuiji TV; take away the main selling piont of this show
__________________
Hayamaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 15:30   Link #62
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
Breasts actually move about when people run, at least with European sized breasts. (I understand that Japanese generally are more streamlined.) I did not even notice till it was pointed out.
"streamlined"??!!!

Blimey, that's a polite way to put it......

Lets be blunt, its small, chiisai, A cup, it can be used as a runway....

but hey, that's what you get if you compare it to women with european genes...

Obviously you don't eally see many asian women with big mune, but the average large ones you do see, are just right...

Heh. I mean if it's a magic world full of women, we must assume all the women are magic special women, with perfectly proportional figure.

I mean whats the point of being a magic woman if it isn't different?

Okii Mune Banzai!!!
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 16:45   Link #63
The Starfall Knight
Starlight Writer
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Send a message via AIM to The Starfall Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
"streamlined"??!!!

Blimey, that's a polite way to put it......

Lets be blunt, its small, chiisai, A cup, it can be used as a runway....

but hey, that's what you get if you compare it to women with european genes...

Obviously you don't eally see many asian women with big mune, but the average large ones you do see, are just right...

Heh. I mean if it's a magic world full of women, we must assume all the women are magic special women, with perfectly proportional figure.

I mean whats the point of being a magic woman if it isn't different?

Okii Mune Banzai!!!

Amen, brother, amen. I like this show already. Know why? It kept me cracking up, especially when the music played everytime a girl layed eyes on Yukinari. xD
The Starfall Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 22:55   Link #64
Chao Otaku
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I'm actually liking Yukinari so far... dunno why, but he appeals to me a lot more than the usual character of his type...
Chao Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 23:46   Link #65
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 加拿大
Age: 28
I saw Lunar's episode 01 a few days ago...just too lazy to type something up, until now. Anyways, I'll just spill my mind. Quite a formulaic anime. Yukinari reminded me wayyyy too much of Taro in Hanaukyo Maids. Both allergic to girls? Yukinari is wussier than him. I think he's the wussiest stock "loser" character of them all. Please, even his childhood friend beats him up. What kind of friend is that? Why does Kirie beat him up even though she (somewhat) cares for him? Miharu looks like a combination of Misha (from Pita-ten) and Yuna (from Maburaho), as some have said. I don't care much about ecchiness as long as it's not overly done for the heck of it. But so far, it's an OK, somewhat enjoyable, albeit banal, series that I'm willing to follow. I'm going to take a wild guess at future plot line: There's going to be conflicts between Miharu and Kirie, and Yukinari is going to have to be a man and choose one over the other. Or nothing's going to happen and season 2 rolls...
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 00:02   Link #66
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stuck Between Reality and Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I saw Lunar's episode 01 a few days ago...just too lazy to type something up, until now. Anyways, I'll just spill my mind. Quite a formulaic anime. Yukinari reminded me wayyyy too much of Taro in Hanaukyo Maids. Both allergic to girls? Yukinari is wussier than him. I think he's the wussiest stock "loser" character of them all. Please, even his childhood friend beats him up. What kind of friend is that? Why does Kirie beat him up even though she (somewhat) cares for him? Miharu looks like a combination of Misha (from Pita-ten) and Yuna (from Maburaho), as some have said. I don't care much about ecchiness as long as it's not overly done for the heck of it. But so far, it's an OK, somewhat enjoyable, albeit banal, series that I'm willing to follow. I'm going to take a wild guess at future plot line: There's going to be conflicts between Miharu and Kirie, and Yukinari is going to have to be a man and choose one over the other. Or nothing's going to happen and season 2 rolls...
first off, only up through CHAPTER 4 has been translated (not much to go on, then...)
Yukinari won't have to choose between Miharu and Kirie, she's a lot (i mean A LOT) like Ayase from Midori no Hibi (except she beats the crap out of the main character...)
also, the little clip running during the credits was the next episode preview if you didn't figure it out
spoiler for what will likely happen in ep. 2:
Spoiler:
__________________
An anime worth watching is an anime worth buying.
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 05:34   Link #67
Itlandm
Porcupine
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Norway
Age: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
also, the little clip running during the credits was the next episode preview if you didn't figure it out
Ah. I thought that was a summary of the whole season. Looks like this is going to be every bit as fast-paced as I hoped for. So, we've crossed the ecchi episode, now we come to some other wilderness of insane humor. That's fine by me. Girls who eat everything in sight are OK. It's not the first time it happens, but it's not something you see every week. (Unless you live in a family with many sisters.) I wonder if she accidentally eats the blond guy. That would be bad. Well, unless she stops after chewing off his arm or something, that would be OK.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 07:23   Link #68
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao Otaku
I'm actually liking Yukinari so far... dunno why, but he appeals to me a lot more than the usual character of his type...


Hey if your female its fine (Wussy men need a strong women to whip them into shape, and it helps if the female like's them), but if your a bloke....

I mean really his characterisc are annoying because in a way he has some attitudes that us blokes have shown in our life, and it really pisses us off to see that in a character, yet not have the decency to grow out of it and over come them.
plus it also pisses us off because if there was such a man like that in the real world (which unfortunately, there is a distinct possibility there is.
may all the god have mercy on those poor brothers )
HE would die a very lonely, and incredibly depressing life with no female attention whatsoever, it just does not happen.
And every bloke knows that, so it really really REALLY pisses us off to see that rule thrown out the window in animes, that wussies males can easily assemble his own personal harem.
(of course it doesn't stop us dreaming that.... ...we can dream right...RIGHT??!! )

Really the best part of wussie male leads is watching them become real men, of course we didn't get to see that in Love Hina, but in the Manga, he DEFINATELY matures and becomes a man that all the women can fall in love with.


Hopefully, Yukari will grow up, i really hope we get to see that in this anime.
Yukari doesn't have that maturity streak that you see in "Maburaho" male lead, he just doesn't have ANY redeeming qualities what-so-ever.
Of course i suspect that's what his childhood friend likes about him, he isn't threatening, and i think he turns on her nurturing instincts.
(hint: This is the best way to get into your gorgous senpai knickers¬! muwahaha )
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 12:59   Link #69
Itlandm
Porcupine
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Norway
Age: 55
Yukinari may have his strong sides that we have not seen yet. There has not been much time to see them, as he spent much of the first episode in a strange world. If he is keeping the house alone while his parents are away, that is not a small thing for a young boy. Making his own food? Keeping the place clean? Keeping order, perhaps getting things repaired that are broken? He may be a capable man.

Miharu, however, seems to be retarded. Yes, she is nice, and she possibly has some magic (did SHE cause that explosion?), but not being able to remember either first or last name! Is that not a very important life skill in Japan? You never see people forget someone's name even when mentioned casually, and here it is the important person that she has wanted to meet and she can not remember his name after five seconds? This is not someone you would want for a wife, for she can not get a job and if she bears children they will likely not do well in school.

I wonder how this story will develop.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 13:50   Link #70
Lazarus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by skreech
hehe her mocking him all the time was great time to make a new avvy *secca beat me to one first *
I think you mean mimicking [a la Chii].

Mocking has a negative conotation.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 00:21   Link #71
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
My initial impression when I first saw Yukinari was what most people expected. I mean what kind of man has allergies to the opposite sex and gets picked on by them?! For crying out loud, his childhood friend beats him into a bloody pulp too. What kind of a friend is that?! Putting that aside, I like this anime so far and Miharu doesn't seem much like a klutz yet. The character art is nice, although the breast is a tad overly done which I really don't like. I don't mind the censoring since most things I watch around here are censored in some way or the other.
__________________
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 02:15   Link #72
Itlandm
Porcupine
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Norway
Age: 55
Wandering Youth, I expect you to like this series, judging from your choice of avatar picture. ^_^

I guess Miharu isn't completely stupid, since she can cook lots of different food.Perhaps this has taken all the room in her brain.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 02:38   Link #73
mikeon
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: san francisco
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
My initial impression when I first saw Yukinari was what most people expected. I mean what kind of man has allergies to the opposite sex and gets picked on by them?! For crying out loud, his childhood friend beats him into a bloody pulp too. What kind of a friend is that?! Putting that aside, I like this anime so far and Miharu doesn't seem much like a klutz yet. The character art is nice, although the breast is a tad overly done which I really don't like. I don't mind the censoring since most things I watch around here are censored in some way or the other.

well it's a friend who doesn't mind exposing herself to him whenever she brings her foot down
mikeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 05:36   Link #74
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeon
well it's a friend who doesn't mind exposing herself to him whenever she brings her foot down

I'll let an attractive female "friend" beat me up, if she doesn't mind walking around my house, exposing herself and generally be naked.

it's just a little sacrifice of my male ego, for a little bit of paradise.

__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 08:57   Link #75
skreech
Aspiring Mangaka/Animator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Behind you eating ramen
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to skreech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
I think you mean mimicking [a la Chii].

Mocking has a negative conotation.
picky picky


I agree with Onizuka-GTO 100%
__________________

Happy Halloween!!!
skreech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 12:53   Link #76
Firebat
I Love Anime
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Since no one here was willing to be helpful I had to go out and find the manga myself... needless to say its not been Licensed in the US as of yet.

But since posting a direct link to the manga will most likely get deleted for no reason whats so ever by the admins here I'll simply say its currently being subbed by "MegKF Scanlations", just search using Google.

It would be nice if people would have just said that in the first place and not be all "I'm not saying a word" about the whole thing.

I recommend everyone here read the manga, the story is a bit different to, but only slightly. The main character doesn't live alone, he lives with his mum, and his childhood friend still beats him up, but she's not a complete nutter like the anime seems to show her as.

Go check it out...
Firebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 13:03   Link #77
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebat
Since no one here was willing to be helpful I had to go out and find the manga myself... needless to say its not been Licensed in the US as of yet.

But since posting a direct link to the manga will most likely get deleted for no reason whats so ever by the admins here I'll simply say its currently being subbed by "MegKF Scanlations", just search using Google.

It would be nice if people would have just said that in the first place and not be all "I'm not saying a word" about the whole thing.

I recommend everyone here read the manga, the story is a bit different to, but only slightly. The main character doesn't live alone, he lives with his mum, and his childhood friend still beats him up, but she's not a complete nutter like the anime seems to show her as.

Go check it out...
For your information, you can find informations on manga scans here.
According to this site, Girls Bravo manga isn't licensed yet.
So if you want to get the scan, it is easy as long as the manga isn't licensed
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 13:28   Link #78
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
I guess Miharu isn't completely stupid, since she can cook lots of different food.Perhaps this has taken all the room in her brain.
Well, Miharu likes to cook and eat and that's a big plus in my book because I like to do the same thing. That's another reason why I can't hate this anime.
__________________
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 15:14   Link #79
Chao Otaku
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
"Hey if your female its fine (Wussy men need a strong women to whip them into shape, and it helps if the female like's them), but if your a bloke...."

I am a guy, but I didn't mean anything like that, I just meant that I think his character design is better than most of them I've seen for his type of character :P

"Hopefully, Yukari will grow up, i really hope we get to see that in this anime.
"
I do agree there, That'd be a good way to develop his character

(sorry for not quoting properly, my comp decided to hate me today, and is screwing up on the quote tags x.x)
Chao Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 15:32   Link #80
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
He kinda has a good side. He decided to go back on his own when he saw Kirie crying.

Eventho we know she's been abusing him all this time, probably the reason why he has girl phobia in the first place. ^^
__________________
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.